00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Jesspionic just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Recording Software for Linux?

727 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Recording Software for Linux? 2009-06-01 04:19:48

Hey, just switched to Ubuntu (Debian) and need some software to record on.

I've got Audacity, but the LAME encoder is a fucker to compile, so if anyone knows of ANY good audio software for Linux, let me know.

Seriously, sequencers, wave analyzers, editors... anything. I need software.

...or someone to convert my .aup files... lol

NGHH Comp 2011 CD - [Support Hip Hop!] NGHH Comp 2010 CD - [Support NG Music!]

BBS Signature

Response to Recording Software for Linux? 2009-06-01 11:56:35

At 6/1/09 04:19 AM, Gasmasq wrote: Hey, just switched to Ubuntu (Debian) and need some software to record on.

I've got Audacity, but the LAME encoder is a fucker to compile, so if anyone knows of ANY good audio software for Linux, let me know.

Seriously, sequencers, wave analyzers, editors... anything. I need software.

...or someone to convert my .aup files... lol

I do believe there is a distro that is specifically designed for audio recording, and I over the years I have heard a few things about Linux based Audio Production.

Keyboardmag
here has an article I found that I hope helps. I personally don't ahve any suggestions for you, but the best thing about the linux community is that everyone has an opinion, and its 99% free.

Response to Recording Software for Linux? 2009-06-01 12:21:34

At 6/1/09 11:56 AM, TheDeadlyKind wrote: I do believe there is a distro that is specifically designed for audio recording, and I over the years I have heard a few things about Linux based Audio Production.

I used it as a livecd once, can't remember the name. Driver support for ASIO devices was an issue.

Response to Recording Software for Linux? 2009-06-01 12:56:27

Ubuntu studio is the operating system you are talking about.

Response to Recording Software for Linux? 2009-06-01 14:15:57

I remember reading that you can get Rose Garden to work in Ubuntu. Though you have to fuck with it quite a bit I believe. Do a Google search for it and I'm sure you'll find out how.