• 1,015 Replies
Laughingbox
Laughingbox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:21:41

First off, I want to ask the programmers of the BBS. Is there an way for a new "never posted before" user to be forced to see the rules? The link of the rules up there is the same size as a regular thread. Maybe make it a bit bigger? Also, can you make the searchbar any better? I tried searching "Super Karoshi" and all igott was a crapload of threads about SSBB. I know that you guys aren't google, and I don't expect that much either. With nobody saying this though, I might as well throw it into the pool.

To the users, I ask this. May you please stop immediately bashing on 13-year-olds? Some of us aren't that bad. We just may be a little immature, but you could help us out. Telling us to lurk more and not used overrated memes. I'm pretty sure that the people that listen will eventually be accepted into the NG crowd of 15-16 year olds. One day, I wish...

Other than that, I'll be staying here, thank you very much.

Veritas est index sui et falsi. (Truth is the criterion of itself and the false.)
Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. (Sieze the day; trust little in tomorrow.)

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:21:48

The only thing that still bothers me somewhat is the sometimes visible lack of guidance that mods give newer users when those users make a thread that breaks the rules, but they genuinely don't know that it breaks the rules. (mostly referring towards the un-official rules posted by various mods) This is an issue I only see with a few mods while the majority go about this in a decent way and I'm mostly referring to users who are new in terms of how long they've been active on the forum, not just users who make a "Hi I'm new" threads. Sometimes these users make a thread where they don't know that what they're doing is breaking a rule, and I've seen on occasion a mod come in, lock the thread, give a lock message that doesn't really help the user in the future, and the lasting impression that the user has is of confusion or resentment.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:24:16

^^^^ agree with this, we do not have a warning-system of any kind, so the short-duration bans is an easy and conventient way to give a heads up.

i used to warn people via PM, but it takes longer time to do so, and after a while its impossible to know who was warned for what.

i can think of many ways a "warning system" would work, but that's a slightly other discussion,

how about a 1 hour ban. and then state the reason for the ban. just have them (admins) program the ability to give out 1 hour bans.. would it really be that hard

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Gamer
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:26:02

1. General
Talk about the stuff on Newgrounds, chit-chat with other fans, or whatever!

Rarely are any of these things allowed to happen, escpecially if your a newbie.

2. You get 5 or more Mod's give a thread a reply, then another will come along and close it for some bullshit reason. The power of being a Mod goes to the heads of some of them and they just get mean and nasty.

3. You try to start a thread, only to have it closed or removed, at the same time as getting directed to a previous thread on a same or similar topic. Yet the BBS rules clearly state dont bump old threads, so either way you are doing wrong, apparently.

4. And anything that states 'PHOTOSHOP THE ??????' should be removed, they are just bullshit stat builders.

5. Masturbation Topics should not be allowed.

But my main complaint is No. 1. You cant start a thread to chit chat with others, because they mostly just get closed. You cant talk about stuff on NG (if you dont like it), because it gets closed. And as for Whatever, since when did that mean Whatever as long as the Mods think its Ok. I have read all the BBS rules but they are not black and white, far too many grey areas, and as you made fairly obvious in your OP, every Mod is different. So clarity and parity basically, simply make the rules easier to understand for all.

SirCrispy
SirCrispy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:27:41

At 5/31/09 01:21 PM, 36Holla wrote: The only thing that still bothers me somewhat is the sometimes visible lack of guidance that mods give newer users when those users make a thread that breaks the rules, but they genuinely don't know that it breaks the rules. (mostly referring towards the un-official rules posted by various mods)

I agree, just posting and locking a thread with the reply "Read the Rules" isn't really that helpful to a new user, you can run through the BBS Rules for hours and still not know what you did wrong.

A More deep Reply would be nice and less of the Sarcasm.

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:29:18

At 5/31/09 01:24 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: how about a 1 hour ban. and then state the reason for the ban. just have them (admins) program the ability to give out 1 hour bans.. would it really be that hard

Unfortunately, we probably can't actually request features in this thread as the Admins are hard at work on other projects which, in all honesty, are a little more important. Take the wide screen layout that they've been working on, and other updates, which are literally years in the works.

I think, and this is pure speculation, the issue with 1 hour bans is the load they would put on the server. Currently all bans are taken care of at the same point in the day, but hour long bans would mean more calculations per day and more strain on the server which might mean slower load times on flash movies or any other number of things. But I can't be sure of this.

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
yhar
yhar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:29:57

At 5/31/09 01:26 PM, gamejunkie wrote: 2. You get 5 or more Mod's give a thread a reply, then another will come along and close it for some bullshit reason. The power of being a Mod goes to the heads of some of them and they just get mean and nasty.

I do agree with this to an extent.

3. You try to start a thread, only to have it closed or removed, at the same time as getting directed to a previous thread on a same or similar topic. Yet the BBS rules clearly state dont bump old threads, so either way you are doing wrong, apparently.

This rule, as far as I know, goes for threads that are years old, not ones from the past few months.

4. And anything that states 'PHOTOSHOP THE ??????' should be removed, they are just bullshit stat builders.

Actually, quite a few are comedy genius. There's far more threads that function as post count increasers than photoshop threads. newgrounds is, after all, focused on creativity.

5. Masturbation Topics should not be allowed.

Why? Why should any topic be banned? If it promotes discussion and isn't illegal there's nothing wrong with it, if you don't like them ignore them, this forum is mainly teenage boys.

THIS IS CITRICSQUID POSTING

SirCrispy
SirCrispy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:31:38

At 5/31/09 01:21 PM, 36Holla wrote: The only thing that still bothers me somewhat is the sometimes visible lack of guidance that mods give newer users when those users make a thread that breaks the rules, but they genuinely don't know that it breaks the rules. (mostly referring towards the un-official rules posted by various mods)

I agree, just posting and locking a thread with the reply "Read the Rules" isn't really that helpful to a new user, you can run through the BBS Rules for hours and still not know what you did wrong.

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:31:08

There's too much wrong with this thing, it'd be better off gone.

For every good mod, there seems to be five egotistical idiots having circlejerk show-off threads. Each new wave of users seems to result in an entire year's worth of old ones disappearing (I guess that's to be expected, but we rarely ever get good new users). Repetitive, done to death wastes of space (SO DID YOU SEE THIS MOVIE FROM SIX MONTHS AGO?, SOME SHIT THAT HAPPENED TO ME AT SCHOOL, etc.) get made every day and stay open, but joke threads where people are actually having fun get locked left and right.

There's also a bizarre sort of rampant egotism, particularly noticeable in users from the past few years. The huge pile of "FUCK 4CHAN/7CHAN/INSERT IMAGE BOARD HERE" and "THIS FORUM IS SHIT" threads nearly dwarf all the eBaums hate from way back when. It's fucking ridiculous, especially with the whole "4CHAN RAID" drama adding up to fucking nothing at all.

Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:31:36

At 5/31/09 01:14 PM, Rucklo wrote: ^^^^ agree with this, we do not have a warning-system of any kind, so the short-duration bans is an easy and conventient way to give a heads up.

This whole warning thing is something I've discussed with a few users now and again. The whole, "you mess up and we ban you" thing is too harsh. Maybe on users who are just looking for trouble yeah. But respected users or people who just don't know they're in the wrong should perhaps get a warning.
I often thought that a Probation system would work pretty well on newgrounds. LIke, Mods can either ban or put on probation. If probated then your name would be red or something and other mods will see that they've had a fair fuckin warning already, and if they continue then its time to pull out the ban stick.

i used to warn people via PM, but it takes longer time to do so, and after a while its impossible to know who was warned for what.

Exactly. Thats what I mean by the prob system. I think the main problem would be the BBS not having an exact set of defining rules. As occasionally Mods lay down unofficial rules which not everyone will see.

Another thing would be that people dont see mods as users now, the're seen as the POLICE. If mods would just ease back a bit and relate to the users more rather than cracking down on us it would be a lot more enjoyable around here. When browsing through threads if I see a mod post I stop to read because if a mod is posting like a regular user I respect that. A lot of mods only go around banning/locking.

The art forum mods for one know how to do it.

PSN: Cloud-1409

BBS Signature
TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:38:59

My biggest problem with the system we have is that too many people with some kind of power are allowing their decisions to be made off of personal, rather than professional, choices.

I know that it's up to you guys to decide who gets to be a Moderator, for example. But I've often heard talk of who could be made into a Mod and I've been appalled at the choices. Some of the people that you guys choose have no idea what it's like here or what the users are like or they're a huge asshole who no ones likes but seems to have gotten onto someone's good side.

All in all, a little professionalism, please.

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.
Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature
Maphack
Maphack
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:39:45

I wouldn't really know since I haven't been on NG much, but judging by what others users are saying, a warning system or warning by PM/IM is a good solution.

Xbox Live Gamertag: Security Shield
Playing - Call of Duty 4
Sig made by - SupraAddict

BBS Signature
SirCrispy
SirCrispy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:41:17

yeah what was the deal with Transformer?

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:42:54

At 5/31/09 01:38 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: My biggest problem with the system we have is that too many people with some kind of power are allowing their decisions to be made off of personal, rather than professional, choices.

Zerok.

Seriously, his whole "NO SILLY THREADS" and "4CHAN IS THE DEVIL, LOCK LOCK LOCK" thing is sickeningly unprofessional.

Especially since he sure doesn't bother to clean up the other shit polluting the board.

Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:46:49

At 5/31/09 01:42 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 5/31/09 01:38 PM, TacticalShoe wrote: My biggest problem with the system we have is that too many people with some kind of power are allowing their decisions to be made off of personal, rather than professional, choices.
Zerok.

I disagree.

Seriously, his whole "NO SILLY THREADS" and "4CHAN IS THE DEVIL, LOCK LOCK LOCK" thing is sickeningly unprofessional.

I think that Zerok is one of the best Mods on the BBS. He posts in threads like a normal user a fair bit of the time. And it's nearly always an interesting intellectual answer. I love reading Zeroks posts and coming up with equally fun replies. 4Chan is the devil, if you wanna discuss 4chan go there to do it. Why come here?

BBS Signature
Ismael92
Ismael92
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:48:58

At 5/31/09 01:26 PM, gamejunkie wrote: 3. You try to start a thread, only to have it closed or removed, at the same time as getting directed to a previous thread on a same or similar topic. Yet the BBS rules clearly state dont bump old threads, so either way you are doing wrong, apparently.

You can bump old threads as long as you're doing it to continue the discussion (unless of course it is an extrmely old thread, for example from 2001). If you're unsure about what to do, remember that you can always PM a mod ;)

There's even a Guide to bumping topics made by Zerok :D

Porkchop
Porkchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Art Lover
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:49:26

At 5/31/09 01:42 PM, Gendo wrote:
Zerok.

Especially since he sure doesn't bother to clean up the other shit polluting the board.

Hmm, Zerok seems to be quite modest and fair when it comes to Modding and generally posting. I think he just defines silly much like one of us would define stupid or spammy. As for the bit about the 4chan thing, who the hell cares. Go to /b/ to bitch about it, why would you do it here?

[WWE Fans][XBL: PissedMexicans][Toonami Aftermath]

BBS Signature
TacticalShoe
TacticalShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:50:05

At 5/31/09 01:46 PM, Viridis wrote:
I think that Zerok is one of the best Mods on the BBS. He posts in threads like a normal user a fair bit of the time. And it's nearly always an interesting intellectual answer. I love reading Zeroks posts and coming up with equally fun replies.

While I do agree that Zerok is a good guy, his ability to be witty and fun has little to do with his moderatorial skills. It helps, but those two can be very separate things.

4Chan is the devil, if you wanna discuss 4chan go there to do it. Why come here?

Because this is a general forum. We can talk about whatever.

hur-dur

I'm gonna go back to my room and be awesome.
Desert Punk of the NG /A/|My VA Demo Reel|Audio Portal|

BBS Signature
Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:50:10

At 5/31/09 01:46 PM, Viridis wrote: 4Chan is the devil, if you wanna discuss 4chan go there to do it. Why come here?

You're a real winner.

People with your attitude are one of the huge fucking problems with the BBS.

First off, I honestly doubt you've ever seen the threads relating to 4chan Zerok has locked, they're usually only tangentally related at best and the only ruckus comes from people like you spouting ludicrous shit.

Second, why can't I discuss another site on here? I'm not allowed to?

SilentCobra
SilentCobra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Gamer
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:50:40

At 5/31/09 11:04 AM, Sawdust wrote: Stop banning regulars who post entertaining things that are for laughs; basically if you see ANY joke worth a lick done by ANYONE don't lock the thread and ban the user.

Lighten up on the definition of "spam thread."

Only ban people that are giving other people a hard time; like the try hard hardasses or the people who make genuine spam. Hold off on banning trolls; let them have their fun then ban them. There will be more laughs that way.

All I could think of right now.

See, now this is something I could go for. Like that thread that was around a couple days ago, it was a rhyming thread, I saw no reason for it to be deleted. I think threads that get more than 15 replies should be able to continue just to see what others will think up. I actually liked it. It was genuinely hilarious. If a thread like that gets de-railed, let it. It was a rhyming thread, of course it was going to get derailed. That's what makes those kinds of threads fun to read and in which to post.

Sig by Byte | Steam ID -- SilentCobra | PS3 Gamer Tag -- SlntCobra1
Writers Lounge | EGB | PS3

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:51:11

At 5/31/09 01:46 PM, Viridis wrote: I think that Zerok is one of the best Mods on the BBS. He posts in threads like a normal user a fair bit of the time. And it's nearly always an interesting intellectual answer. I love reading Zeroks posts and coming up with equally fun replies. 4Chan is the devil, if you wanna discuss 4chan go there to do it. Why come here?

Why do people have the sort of "us or them" attitude towards 4chan? Discussion about 4chan is perfectly appropriate here. 4chan is a place for anonymity, but what if you don't want to discuss 4chan in an anonymous way?

Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:52:01

At 5/31/09 01:49 PM, Porkchop wrote: I think he just defines silly much like one of us would define stupid or spammy.

By that logic, 99% of threads should be locked.

As for the bit about the 4chan thing, who the hell cares. Go to /b/ to bitch about it, why would you do it here?

Because /b/ is the only part of 4chan, amirite?

Christ, you people are so fucking ignorant.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:54:22

At 5/31/09 01:31 PM, SirCrispy wrote:

Reading the rules before posting is the ideal, but since we don't live in an ideal world, it's impossible to expect everyone to read them before posting, much less read them at all. Telling a user to read the rules should be a supplement piece of advice in addition to the advice given for the specific situation at hand. And even if you can't find the specific reason in the rules for why a topic was locked, or why you were banned, you should still go through them to get at least a general overview of what the major rules are. And reading them should be more so apparent if you're told directly by a mod to go read them.

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
kRaZyAzN
kRaZyAzN
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:55:56

I agree with a lot that has already been said here. I especially like the idea of a warning system and a clearer, more updated set of rules that ALL moderators can follow.

I haven't been to the General boards in a while, mostly just C&C and VGs. I guess these boards have gotten boring, but I don't know why I even bother going to VGs since there's so many stupid and underage users there.

Mods breaking the rules themselves is also incredibly aggravating.

That's all I have to say.

Founder of the Asian Users club
Member of the Super Smash Bros.Crew since page 58. SSBB friend code: 3265-4812-7128

BBS Signature
Elios
Elios
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:56:54

Seems like almost every topic has been covered...

I think a night shift of mods would be a good addition. Not exactly making the mods work in shifts, but one or two (already modded or newly appointed) people that have the ability to keep watch between 2am - 6am. That's when i see the most spam show up, and then it's bumped the next afternoon, and EVERYone goes nuts about "OMG where did this spam come from".

Eyelovepoozy, oh lol. in my opinion, he's an ok guy. Sure he can dish out a cruel joke, and a shovel full of bans, but the way i see it, he's doing the work of three mods at once. The regulars see it as "Abuse of power", and the new guys see it as "He's out to get me". Not that i'm saying people should stop posting when Poozy is online for the sake of a possible ban, but when bigger brother is watching, i watch what i say, carefully.

One topic i haven't noticed yet, is favored regulars. Mods should NOT give one inch to even their closest friends. However, i think warning PMs and posts would set a good example. Bans can really put someone in a bad mood, and i think warning someone saying "stop posting EPIC over and over", rather than "You have 72 hours in the corner to think about what you said....". would really give the mods a more...human appearance, rather than some robot that spits out bans and funny lock messages. Though bans should not be eliminated completely, there are still the select few that continue to test the mods patience, and the forums sanity, and they deserve their bans. They should be applied more selectively.

I know when i'm about to get banned, every time. I post in a thread, and i think "Ahh shit, i'm getting 3 days. My bad". But i think there are a few who are still oblivious to what a spam thread is. I suggest, when a spam topic is posted, ban the OP, that's it. It seems silly to ban 14 people for one persons stupidity. That's not always the case though, some people do go overboard and consistently push the mods buttons by posting one liners threads, and everyone should know, just leave it be.

Do what now...?

BBS Signature
Viridis
Viridis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 13:58:00

At 5/31/09 01:50 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 5/31/09 01:46 PM, Viridis wrote: 4Chan is the devil, if you wanna discuss 4chan go there to do it. Why come here?
You're a real winner.

People with your attitude are one of the huge fucking problems with the BBS.

Thanks for that.

First off, I honestly doubt you've ever seen the threads relating to 4chan Zerok has locked, they're usually only tangentally related at best and the only ruckus comes from people like you spouting ludicrous shit.

I love the way you can honestly assume that I've never seen a certain thread. That shows flawless logic right there. Not only that, but Mods may be biased sometimes but they don't lock for no reason.

Second, why can't I discuss another site on here? I'm not allowed to?

You can. But 99% of the time I see people discussing 4chan its ridiculous shit which just riles people up. Maybe I should spend more time in general so I can see these great 4chan threads you speak of.

At 5/31/09 01:51 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: Why do people have the sort of "us or them" attitude towards 4chan? Discussion about 4chan is perfectly appropriate here. 4chan is a place for anonymity, but what if you don't want to discuss 4chan in an anonymous way?

I don't have an Us or Them attitude towards it. If someone made a thread genuinely discussing 4chan and what its all about i'd be all for it. But I've never seen a thread like that. And I doubt I ever will.

BBS Signature
MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 14:00:23

At 5/31/09 01:04 PM, gumOnShoe wrote:
At 5/31/09 12:33 PM, The-Condor wrote:
That kind of back seat moderation will maybe get you banned because its just not cool. It shows you don't respect the users you are posting with, and if that's the case, you certainly shouldn't be moderating the community.

How exactly does it show that you don't respect the users? Call me short-sighted or whatever, but I don't clearly see how merely helping out a user by pointing things out is a sign of disrespect. If anything, it should show that you care without being a condescending wanna-be mod.

Other times, I know, you guys just want to help. I was like that myself, but sometimes pming the user instead of posting in the thread is better. By posting in the thread and pointing it out you can derail the thread, you really aren't calling moderation attention to the situation, and you are giving user, who may be looking for it, more attention thats undeserved. The PM system is great if you find a problem. You can pm either the user or the moderator, but posting in threads that a user should be banned etc isn't really helping anyone.

Yes, the PM system is great for this, but if that were the case and everyone just used the PM system instead of "kinda backseat modding" then Mods would be swamped with messages. Furthermore, the PM system shouldn't be used all that much if Mods went into the threads themselves.

Mostly, I like to present the idea that there's a thin line between TELLING a user what they SHOULD be doing, and SUGGESTING an alternative and maybe linking to an EXAMPLE.

Out of everything, this has to be my biggest issue with the BBS. The line is often fuzzy and like you said very thin and it's sometimes hard to distinguish.

Just try not to imply you have authority when you don't because it sometimes make's our job harder.

People interpret posts differently. What may imply false authority to one user may not to another. It's all relative when it comes to this, unless of course it's blatantly obvious.

Porkchop
Porkchop
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Art Lover
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 14:01:14

At 5/31/09 01:52 PM, Gendo wrote:
At 5/31/09 01:49 PM, Porkchop wrote: I think he just defines silly much like one of us would define stupid or spammy.
By that logic, 99% of threads should be locked.

No, by that logic, the same threads would be locked, more or less.

As for the bit about the 4chan thing, who the hell cares. Go to /b/ to bitch about it, why would you do it here?
Because /b/ is the only part of 4chan, amirite?

Christ, you people are so fucking ignorant.

Baww, keep spouting "We're so ignorant"
The point is, most 4chan threads were about shit that someone saw on /b/. Most references to 4chan nowadays is related to /b/ inasmuch as telling one off for using a shit meme or something related, and you're right in saying that it's only a minor tangent related to 4chan. When the entire thread becomes about something stupid (as deemed so by the locking/deleting mod), it's locked. Personally, i'd just keep 4chan at 4chan.

[WWE Fans][XBL: PissedMexicans][Toonami Aftermath]

BBS Signature
Gendo
Gendo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 14:03:53

At 5/31/09 01:58 PM, Viridis wrote: I love the way you can honestly assume that I've never seen a certain thread.

I can.

It was far from recent and you hardly appear to be the fervent lurker type.

You can. But 99% of the time I see people discussing 4chan its ridiculous shit which just riles people up. Maybe I should spend more time in general so I can see these great 4chan threads you speak of.

I speak of no great threads.

Stop trying to put words in my mouth to make yourself look like the victor.

At 5/31/09 02:01 PM, Porkchop wrote: When the entire thread becomes about something stupid (as deemed so by the locking/deleting mod), it's locked.

That's my point.

4chan threads got locked left and right because idiots tried to pick fights, while plenty of other equally awful threads faced no reprisal.

That's unfair and ridiculous.

Sawdust
Sawdust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Musician
Response to Open Discussion- The Bbs 2009-05-31 14:07:15

Oh yeah now that it's brought up, 4chan is a bit outlawed here.

Seriously, I don't see why; it's General except there's porn everywhere and topics are more entertaining.