00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mae6NG just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Jay's QuBicle

43,817 Views | 350 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-09 07:49:02

At 8/7/09 07:41 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Aw no, because I've had a crush on you...
So much for that

Hey, my crushes are not exclusive!
Theres love enough for all of you!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-12 08:02:10

Joe got enough bastard in him for the whole world to enjoi.
Glasgow kisses all round.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-12 08:06:02

At 8/12/09 08:02 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote: Joe got enough bastard in him for the whole world to enjoi.
Glasgow kisses all round.

ooh, than we can start a three-way affair with jive!

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-12 10:15:23

Hey hey very nice works on flow around here hun!?

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-12 10:25:57

At 8/12/09 08:02 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote: Glasgow kisses all round.

Haha, good one.

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-14 07:34:48

So since this is still my art showcase, I thought Id upload some more of my recent work.
Starting with that entry for COW 72, which I linked to earlier. I said I was going to finish it/do some touch ups, but I didnt. so: here it is

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-14 07:39:50

Ive also been active for the TriColour art collab (I know thats not the original name, but its better). Which sadly suffered from a lack of good clear rules. Determined not to let this thing go to waste I decided to start that collab off with some quality entries. It obviously worked, since quite a few talented artists stepped in and made something for it. Yay!
Anyways, heres my first entry (the first entry of the entire collab mind you): Tricolor Goose

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-14 07:42:29

My second entry for that collab, I didnt quite like. So im not going to post it here (you can see it in the thread or via the art part of my userpage.
Heres the third: Tricolor Pommegranate. one of my own favorite entries for that collab

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-14 07:47:10

So, Two more to go, but this will be my fouth post in a row, so there might be a little break before the last one.
So if you hadnt noticed; all these entries for the collab use only three colors (or shades), nothing else just the three colors. Now I originally thought the background had to be one of those colors... It turned out it didnt have to be (that would be one of those stupid rules I was talking about) but I decided to do it with just the three still, because it is way more fun.
This one is Tricolor Statue... not exactly my favorite, but it involved some face drawing practice, which frankly I could use. I originally wanted to use some deep quote from shakespeare or something. But I couldnt find one...

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-14 08:13:03

last one: A bit of an ode to music... Tricolor Saxophone
Now as you may have noticed I tried to use somewhat different techniques for each of my entries. This one turned out quite okay i think, although inking it was a hell of a job.
The Tricolour collab closes the 31st of august, and anyone can make 5 entries. Of course they cant be totally rubbish, but the Collab Host hasnt been extremely picky. So I suggest you go and make some yourself. It really is great fun.
Now you might wonder: what happened to those digital painting things that he made last week; those were awesome?!
Ill tell you: ive been doing some other things. First I dont really like this weeks COW theme so im not doing that. Second Ive been doing lineart for a Comic im making with Renae for the Doubles Showdown
So keep your eye out for that, its bound to hit the webs somewhere around the 22nd...

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-14 21:00:37

Wow man. I think your choice of colors are superb in a lot of what I've seen. And I think the fire-breathing anteater guy is adorable. I wonder if a hug is worth third degree burns? lol

"Fated to Pretend"

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-27 10:21:55

At 8/14/09 09:00 PM, Se-Stemz-edz wrote: Wow man. I think your choice of colors are superb in a lot of what I've seen. And I think the fire-breathing anteater guy is adorable. I wonder if a hug is worth third degree burns? lol

Thanks, and I seriously doubt it :p

Last week, I decided to make a custom brush set, I made my entry for the newgrounds comic ad contest with those brushes, and also the following picture:
I decided to draw something from reference this time. It doesnt actually really look like the picture exactly, I used to picture more as a guide to what a chicken actually looks like... Its amazing how many things you just dont notice unless you specifically look for them.
Full and bigger (WALLPAPER!) version in the portal

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-27 12:02:26

What a proud cock!

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-28 03:52:24

At 8/27/09 10:21 AM, J-qb wrote: Full and bigger (WALLPAPER!) version in the portal

I love that somewhat neon colour combo

cock

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-28 06:27:45

At 8/27/09 10:21 AM, J-qb wrote: text to go with cock..

Man you are improveing. This one is great :D

World Famous Kasper Lundsfryd Illustrations

nilfisk

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-08-28 09:36:45

thanks for the comments guys...
I guess everyone loves looking at cocks

pfwhahahaaaaah! FUNNY

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-09-11 11:51:01

Yup, Its a study of an apple... not much to say about this one.
It was just something to get my mind off my Newgrounds calender submission. These kind of things help me build up some speed (and skill) in shading.
Im using it as a desktop background, it replaced the cock... I think it ate it.
BIG version

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-09-11 15:56:04

At 9/11/09 11:51 AM, J-qb wrote: Im using it as a desktop background, it replaced the cock... I think it ate it.

You ate dick?
I mean cock?
I mean the cock?

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-09-11 18:01:38

At 9/11/09 03:56 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 9/11/09 11:51 AM, J-qb wrote: Im using it as a desktop background, it replaced the cock... I think it ate it.
You ate dick?
I mean cock?
I mean the cock?

no... the apple did

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-09-16 06:29:39

new artzers, for the NG Calender Contest..
This was quite a big project for me, and Im quite happy with how it turned out. The deadline has been moved to this saturday I think, so technically I can still revise this. Dont know if I will though, spent too much time on it already.
Thanks to Rhunyc for the great feedback!
also: ART PORTAL LINKE

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-10-02 15:17:49

So, I just finished my NG Acount makeover. The last theme was a bit to dark/dull/boring imo, so I exchanged it for this one. Still simple; patterned background White JQB logo with glow, black background. This one is a lot more lively, cheery, looks more professional and is just generally better.
I was more or less inspired by some album arts: Flinke namen (dutch hip-hop formation) and Daft Punk also this

Also: check out KernalPhage and mine entry for doubles 7, we landed second place, YAY!

Also also: THANK SOMEONE

So: heres the JQB wallpaper...

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-10-02 15:22:45

At 10/2/09 03:17 PM, J-qb wrote: So: heres the JQB wallpaper...

That's a nice new sig there mate.

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-10-02 15:45:12

Love the new design. Could tell the Daft Punk influence right away.

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-10-02 17:32:03

Daft Punk FTW.
Nicely done J.

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-10-10 13:28:40

You have some interesting designs, and you're very talented with a computer.

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-10-10 13:53:28

At 10/2/09 03:22 PM, JoeTheRaccoon wrote: That's a nice new sig there mate.

Thanks, now go make one yourself ;)

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-10-10 13:56:04

whoopsie forgot to multi quote....

At 10/2/09 03:45 PM, idiot-monarch wrote: Love the new design. Could tell the Daft Punk influence right away.

Thanks, I have to say though, it wasnt a conscious influence, only afterwards did I realize that daft punk pictures probably got stuck somewhere in my brain waiting to come out.

At 10/2/09 05:32 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote: Daft Punk FTW.
Nicely done J.

Word, thanks

At 10/10/09 01:28 PM, g-kwan155 wrote: You have some interesting designs, and you're very talented with a computer.

Thank you, Im not half as talented (I prefer skilled) with computer as I would like though ;).

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-12-02 11:20:30

YAH I did something!

At 9/16/09 06:29 AM, J-qb wrote: I will not post any more art after this in this thread till early december

See^ I told you ;)

Anyways, I thought I`d something as an actual practice so I decided to go with a black and white portrait while taking care not to oversmoothify it and without taking too much time

protip: combine your excercises, that way you only have to do one!

... I always envy that "roughness" poeple like BMK and LaserKarl have in their stuff.
I used a reference picture of (thelonious monk), used one brush, no size changes whatsoever (xcept for the background), I didnt use ctrl+z, I didnt use the eraser, only used Black, white (again, xcept background) and pressure sensitivity. I did no scetching or value chart or whatever, just went right to it, and worked for 1 hour straight. (all done on 25 % zoom btw, the thing is 2560*1600 pix)

I have to say, I really like how this turned out... granted, it doesnt look anything like thelonious monk... it reminds me more of kanye west... (I should have just said I did a drawing of K-west...)

Still, for me this is quite a big improvement. I like how this took me only one hour, I like how this looks "rough"... and I quite enjoyed it too...

I think ill do some more bw portriats next week (maybe ray charles?), and I might work on this an hour more... who knows.

LINKYLINKYARTPORTAL

Jay's QuBicle

BBS Signature

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-12-02 14:31:05

At 12/2/09 11:20 AM, J-qb wrote: YAH I did something!

Very nice man, I quite like the roughness as well.
And I could see the Monk before you mentioned him.

Response to Jay's QuBicle 2009-12-02 16:18:54

At 12/2/09 02:31 PM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 12/2/09 11:20 AM, J-qb wrote: YAH I did something!
Very nice man, I quite like the roughness as well.
And I could see the Monk before you mentioned him.

Thanks, good to know he is recognizable

BBS Signature