00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

NHL Hockey Fan-Club

285,570 Views | 4,403 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-09-28 08:53:33

At 9/28/23 04:28 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: The preseason is here at last. What are your expectations for your team? Are you following more than one this year?

Well hoping the Bruins rebuild and pick the players that are right for the team this year and not whatever is going to be “theor best ones”

Avalanche seems to have a few strong contenders for the team so they’re gonna be worth keeping an eye on this year.

Annnnd I’m also going to keep an eye on the Leafs because I’m hoping to see Bertuzzi have a good season.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-10-22 20:32:39

Hoping that my boys from the humble and lovely city of Boston are going to keep up their winning streak not gonna lie.

If they can beat Anaheim and Chicago before they get home I'd be pretty fucking happy.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-11-05 01:56:53 (edited 2023-11-05 01:03:18)

I’m not sure how many people on here have been thinking about Adam Johnson’s death but I do think that even with all the player safety updates with the neck guards a lot of people don’t realize that most hockey players take on what they feel is an acceptable risk when they’re going onto the ice.

Its not surprising the injury happened, its more surprising teams are starting to take action as a result.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-11-06 01:20:05

At 11/5/23 01:56 AM, DioShiba wrote: I’m not sure how many people on here have been thinking about Adam Johnson’s death but I do think that even with all the player safety updates with the neck guards a lot of people don’t realize that most hockey players take on what they feel is an acceptable risk when they’re going onto the ice.

Its not surprising the injury happened, its more surprising teams are starting to take action as a result.

Some minor leagues are already taking action, but these kinds of changes always take time to trickle up to the NHL. Look at how long helmets and visors took to become standard. For what it's worth, I did see that Jake Walman on the Red Wings has started wearing a neck guard. It looked unobtrusive, like a turtle neck sweater. Maybe they'll catch on.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2023-11-14 18:26:30 (edited 2023-11-14 18:51:47)

At 11/6/23 01:20 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote:
At 11/5/23 01:56 AM, DioShiba wrote: I’m not sure how many people on here have been thinking about Adam Johnson’s death but I do think that even with all the player safety updates with the neck guards a lot of people don’t realize that most hockey players take on what they feel is an acceptable risk when they’re going onto the ice.

Some minor leagues are already taking action, but these kinds of changes always take time to trickle up to the NHL. Look at how long helmets and visors took to become standard. For what it's worth, I did see that Jake Walman on the Red Wings has started wearing a neck guard. It looked unobtrusive, like a turtle neck sweater. Maybe they'll catch on.

Maybe.

To be honest I wasn't looking at the incident too much until I found out just recently that the player on the opposing team of Adam Johnson, Matt Petgrave was arrested and could be facing a manslaughter charge for what happened. That prompted me to actually look at the video of what happened and there's no way you can tell me that Petgrave was not intending to kick Adam Johnson in that whole mess. (<- NSFW forewarning since it shows the whole footage of the incident and there is a lot of blood)

I'm saying this as someone who is studying martial arts because that didn't look like he just got checked and the legs just happened to swing up in the air like he lost control of them. It shouldn't be a surprise that the kick was fatal because it looked like the skate hit the carotid artery and that's a pretty huge vital area. The question is whether or not the neck was the intended target.

Putting aside that this next video is from Fox News, I will say that Sean Avery pointed out in an interview with them two weeks ago made a point to mention that the technology behind the skates have changed. The only reason why I'm showing this one as opposed to the other one is because it doesn't have the part where you see exactly how much blood was lost.

I did talk about it with my father and he doesn't think that it has much to do with it but if those kind of skates were in fact used then what I'm wondering whether or not that because of how thinner the titanium is compared to the stainless steel blade was able to cut the throat to the point where the artery was just completely severed. I could be over thinking it but it's kind of hard not to when you know... the image of the full footage is striking enough to be on my mind.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-01-14 21:55:17

All-Star Game jerseys dropped.

How we feeling about these? I kinda love the colors, but the logos feel very...kiddie to me? Maybe I'm just being goofy here?

iu_1147016_1658435.webp

Sig by BlueHippo - AMA

Formerly PuddinN64 - BBS, Icon, and Portal Mod

"Your friends love you anyway" - Check out Guinea Something Good!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-01-14 22:03:40 (edited 2024-01-14 22:05:23)

At 1/14/24 09:55 PM, ZJ wrote: All-Star Game jerseys dropped.

How we feeling about these? I kinda love the colors, but the logos feel very...kiddie to me? Maybe I'm just being goofy here?

I really don't like these jerseys.

Not because they look kiddie, no. The problem is the graphic designers didn't really plan the design through to make it feel more professional. They could have done away with the bright colors on the NHL logo in favor of the orange it always has been and do away with all the extra stars on it that, I might add don't even look even on some of them like that one on the bottom left corner of the logo.

The sleeves are fine, but that front logo is fucking horrendous.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-02-05 11:28:48 (edited 2024-02-05 11:28:55)

At 1/14/24 09:55 PM, ZJ wrote: How we feeling about these? I kinda love the colors, but the logos feel very...kiddie to me? Maybe I'm just being goofy here?

I actually really like these, and I can't pinpoint why lol. They're weirdly bad in a good way to me, and the colors are really nice and the logo pops. Wouldn't wear it for the life of me though!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-02-05 11:34:48

Came on here to post about Auston Matthews being named the NHL All-Star Game MVP, and also to say hi!

Since I haven't posted on here, I'll let you guys know that my favorite teams are Chicago Blackhawks, Toronto Maple Leafs, and Calgary Flames - would love to hear your guys favorite teams! (unless it's been made obvious already, in which case you don't have to ;P)

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-02-06 21:32:34

Well the Bruins screwed a pooch on tonight's game to the point where they looked more like a joke.

I get this is after the all stars but holy shit.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-02-07 06:54:48

At 2/6/24 09:32 PM, DioShiba wrote: Well the Bruins screwed a pooch on tonight's game to the point where they looked more like a joke.

I was watching that game! As a Flames fan I was very happy lol, but yeah - looked like a very rough showing. Hope you guys do well against the Canucks!

BBS Signature

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-02-07 18:40:36

At 2/7/24 06:54 AM, CarterSterling wrote:
At 2/6/24 09:32 PM, DioShiba wrote: Well the Bruins screwed a pooch on tonight's game to the point where they looked more like a joke.

I was watching that game! As a Flames fan I was very happy lol, but yeah - looked like a very rough showing. Hope you guys do well against the Canucks!

Honestly I hope so too but honestly my boys are gonna need to put it in to 3rd gear 7th speed fast if they hope to beat em.

Glad for the Calgary fans tho.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-02-10 12:18:58

At 2/7/24 06:40 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 2/7/24 06:54 AM, CarterSterling wrote:

Honestly I hope so too but honestly my boys are gonna need to put it in to 3rd gear 7th speed fast if they hope to beat em.

Glad for the Calgary fans tho.

While we're on this quote I just want to say for the record that I'm glad the Bruins managed to sweep the Canucks last game.

Today's game in washington ought to be good

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-02-22 06:50:20

Every time an octopus hits the ice, an angel gets their wings.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-02-23 03:31:06 (edited 2024-02-23 03:32:13)

My god. It's beautiful. The Red Wings are in the playoff chase. It feels so fucking good.

iu_1166069_1625818.webp

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-02-23 05:44:52

At 2/23/24 03:31 AM, Ronald-McDonald-LoL wrote: My god. It's beautiful. The Red Wings are in the playoff chase. It feels so fucking good.

Well there's still a lot of regular season left. Glad to see they got wild card.

Unrelated but tonight I'm gping to see American Hockey League game between Springfield Thunderbirds and Hartford Wolf Pack. Might not be an NHL game but it'll be interesting to see what the farm teams for the Blues and the Rangers can cook.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-03-03 22:14:49

I'll die on a hill just to get the message put there.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-03-04 17:29:20

Don't come after me but:

-Toronto Maple Leafs

-Tampa Bay Lightning

And NOT because they have the same colour scheme!

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-03-04 18:20:51

At 3/4/24 05:29 PM, KeidanLand wrote: Don't come after me but:

-Toronto Maple Leafs
-Tampa Bay Lightning

You're fine. Neither of those teams are the Montreal Canadiens.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-03-04 18:26:51

At 3/4/24 06:20 PM, DioShiba wrote:
At 3/4/24 05:29 PM, KeidanLand wrote: Don't come after me but:

-Toronto Maple Leafs
-Tampa Bay Lightning

You're fine. Neither of those teams are the Montreal Canadiens.

YES!!!

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-03-19 22:56:05 (edited 2024-03-19 22:56:23)

iu_1177556_3993712.webp

6 - 2 was a fun game to watch with my dad.

I have to rewatch the game when I'm not tired af tho lol.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-04-11 01:47:46

I haven't been back here in ages, but hey guys, the Vancouver Canucks are making the playoffs.

Also I started a Jersey collection friends. Need to get all the teams before Fanatics takes over

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-04-21 21:32:54

Playoffs are off to one hell of a start.

Everyone is thinkin' the Rangers are gonna pull off what they did 30 years ago. Bruins are very likely going to slay the Leafs.

But I don't think I've ever seen a playoff game as intense as the game I'm watching with Winnipeg Jets and the Colorado Avalanche because this has been nothing but pure insanity and the fifth goal the Jets got was insane where Lowry shoots the puck and it bounced between the two posts behind the Georgiev and crossing the red line to the point where they had to review that one.

This is a fun game to watch and I don't think I've ever seen anything like it.

Response to NHL Hockey Fan-Club 2024-04-21 23:05:16 (edited 2024-04-21 23:11:46)

Just look at this game's highlights.

Even then this doesn't cover the sheer intensity of the whole game. Players had scrums left and right.

At 4/11/24 01:47 AM, MattTheParanoidKat wrote: I haven't been back here in ages, but hey guys, the Vancouver Canucks are making the playoffs.

Also I started a Jersey collection friends. Need to get all the teams before Fanatics takes over

I started doing this as well. Got myself twp different jerseys at the moment for the Bruins. One namelss centennial home jersey and one alternate centennial with McAvoy's name and number.

Hoping to get some for the avs, maybe a Borque jersey.