00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Koldbloods Art Thread.

6,404 Views | 62 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 08:57:43

Everyone else has one, so I thought "Hey! why not?".

I don't really have anything I'm actually proud of... But I'll look through some of my college sketch books and take pics of those I think are worthy enough. Just because they're worthy doesn't mean I like them though. =/

Anyway I'm doing a project on animation right now, I have to make flip books, create story boards, design characters and backgrounds and even make some 3d models. I chose a simple story to build all this on, The story is Red Riding Hood. The story itself doesn't really appeal to me, but the potential artwork I could create for it... That's what made it appealing. So I'll showcase some of my artwork for that project first.

Anyway, here's my crap:

I'll start with my character design of Red Riding Hood. It took alot of prelims to actually settle with this design. And I know I messed up the eyes on the 45 degree angle... It doesn't matter though... These are just sketchbook work... My finals are better and alot cleaner.

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 09:01:04

Next is the character design of the Grandmother. I'm actually quite pleased with the way she turned out... She looks even better on the finals I made =P

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 09:03:58

Next is the character design of the Hunter in the story, who comes in and saves the day. (Bastard)

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 09:06:14

At 5/25/09 09:03 AM, KoLdBLooD wrote: Next is the character design of the Hunter in the story, who comes in and saves the day. (Bastard)

And Here's one of my finals (Without colour + Sketch lines)

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 09:13:30

I like your style.

BBS Signature

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 09:27:54

Here's some Wolf Prelims. I haven't got round to actually designing a character for him yet.

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 11:57:31

Everything is looking pretty good so far. Make sure for the wolf you give him a few human characteristics, maybe walking on his hind legs or something, because after all, that's how the story is.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 12:12:32

Neat designs. I especially like your take on Red Riding Hood herself. There's something wrong with the Hunter's front view though. I think the hands should be more to the side.

Also, be sure to make the wolf really sly (body language, facial expressions and all that).

Latest Blog Entry - thx

BBS Signature

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 12:27:11

Hey pretty cool, I like it! I would love to see some more!

It's Zoid!

| My Youtube

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 12:57:48

At 5/25/09 12:27 PM, Zoidz wrote: Hey pretty cool, I like it! I would love to see some more!

Here... You can have some concept backgrounds. =P

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 12:59:33

And another

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-25 13:50:58

At 5/25/09 12:57 PM, KoLdBLooD wrote: Here... You can have some concept backgrounds. =P

This is great stuff, you've a very refreshing style.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 18:17:26

Thanks for the positive feedback guys.

I'll upload some more soon, I promise.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 18:36:46

Steering away from The Red Riding Hood project now. Here's some work I found in some old sketchbooks:

This is a painting of a bronze horse I did in my first year of college... I remember being really proud of it. =]

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 18:42:19

I went to London in my first year of college on a class trip. I saw a sculpture of a head by a man called Alberto Giacometti, I did this study when I got back from THIS picture.

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 18:49:09

This is a little abstract piece I did when I was asked to produce a "Metaphorical Journey".

I decided to base the piece on my Crohn's Disease. If you follow the calm blue line along, you'll see the scribbly parts that are meant to be symbolic of the pain I feel when I'm having a flare up... As you can see it gets quite painful. =P

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 18:52:01

Nice work man. I especially Like the Sculpture ^^ You also did a great job on the light/shade with the horse drawing.

...This is indeed a disturbing universe... O_o

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 18:52:02

This is a collage I made for city themed project. I'm currently painting a portion of it on an A1 scale. I'll post the painting as soon as I finish it.

Koldbloods Art Thread.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 18:55:55

You are extremely talented my friend

-The Sketchist

BBS Signature

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 18:56:45

At 5/26/09 06:42 PM, KoLdBLooD wrote: I went to London in my first year of college on a class trip. I saw a sculpture of a head by a man called Alberto Giacometti, I did this study when I got back from THIS picture.

He has got some pretty amazing stuff hasn't he? I recently (more or less... about 4 months ago actually) visited an exposition of his work in the KunstHal (rotterdam, netherlands) which was amazing.
You really knew how to capture the character of his work in this painting, well done!

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 20:08:08

At 5/26/09 06:56 PM, J-qb wrote: He has got some pretty amazing stuff hasn't he? I recently (more or less... about 4 months ago actually) visited an exposition of his work in the KunstHal (rotterdam, netherlands) which was amazing.
You really knew how to capture the character of his work in this painting, well done!

Thanks!

I saw some of the busts he made in the Tate museum in London. They're really weird. But I guess that's why I like them.

I made a sculpture too. But I don't want to show you guys cause I know you wont like it.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-05-26 20:17:43

show it anyway :p
You'd be suprized.

...This is indeed a disturbing universe... O_o

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-06-10 09:36:09

You got a lot more talent than I first thought, congrats

No mate, no.

BBS Signature

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-06-10 10:34:26

At 6/10/09 09:36 AM, JoeTheToucan wrote: You got a lot more talent than I first thought, congrats

I don't spend alot of time on my drawing in my art story thread. about 5 - 10 mins.

I'm gunna be very busy today finishing my art project for college. (It has to be handed in tomorrow). So I might upload some new pics later.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-06-10 11:04:32

So when i look at the very first pic in the story thread, wich contains our hero sitting at the bar with a smoke in his hands, a little crudely drawn.

and then take a look at our hero on page 25(or w/e) where he is lying in a garbage container of some sorts.

......development or diffrent people ?>.> <.< >.>

Go into the water, live there, DIE there!

BBS Signature

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-06-10 12:36:06

At 6/10/09 11:04 AM, Zanzels wrote: So when i look at the very first pic in the story thread, wich contains our hero sitting at the bar with a smoke in his hands, a little crudely drawn.

and then take a look at our hero on page 25(or w/e) where he is lying in a garbage container of some sorts.

......development or diffrent people ?>.> <.< >.>

Development. As the story went on I got more familiar with the drawing technique of my character.... Also I Increased the smoothness of my brush.

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-06-10 12:39:19

Very nice stuff here

lovin the sketchbook

and yes, i come off as an asshole

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-06-10 12:42:19

At 6/10/09 12:39 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: Very nice stuff here

lovin the sketchbook

Thanks... I like your stuff too, It's very colourful =P

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-06-10 12:45:45

At 6/10/09 12:42 PM, KoLdBLooD wrote:
At 6/10/09 12:39 PM, XxDaRkReDxX wrote: Very nice stuff here

lovin the sketchbook

Thanks... I like your stuff too, It's very colourful =P

indeed
the only thing of yours that's really bugging me is the drawing of the man

the front shot of him shows his hands in his pockt, but they isn't very much detail showing that hes bending his arms a bit

it just looks like his arms are just shooting into his pockets

Old art thread: http://www.newgrounds.com/bbs/topic /979013

If you love me, you will look at my clothing as well: http://surrealserendipity.bigcartel .com/

BBS Signature

Response to Koldbloods Art Thread. 2009-06-14 02:57:51

well, blood... i finally found your thread, and i gotta say, for a guy who bags on a 15 year old for messy lines, you're pretty good at enigmatic/fairytale art.

its a long way to the top, if you wanna rock and roll

BBS Signature