00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Someone gifted Ministerhomer supporter status!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Resistance 2 crew

10,576 Views | 155 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-21 10:04:25

Hi everyone, I may seem like a new user but I knew Newgrounds since 2006 where a friend of me showed it to me.

Resistance 2 is a FPS(First Person Shooter) game made by Insomniac. The stry is: that in 1954 a virus in Russia( a miscalculated result from an experiment) infects millions of people. The survivord have been mutated to disgusting creatures in all sizes and they are called the Chimera. Despite their twisted brains, they want to revenge the humans and they advance in technology creating powerful deadl weapons. By the time the Chimeran Hordes arrive to Britain, America sends 1200 soldiers to aid the british resistance. While Britain is half destroyed, only 1 of these troops survive, Sergeant (and later Lieutenant Nathan). Resistance 2 tells his story. The game itself has prototype weapons with primary fire buttons and secondary fire buttons like the Phoenix Medi-Gun, that drains and stores health from enemies(and burns them to ashes), and can throw(as secondary fire) Health bombs that explode healing allies. Another nice weapon is the Splicer, a nice device that with primary fire throws homing shurikens( that keep stabing the target) and by holding the secondary fire button it charges and releases a powerful shot( note: enemies close by while it is charging will be torn apart). So, if you like/are going to get or have Resistance 2, be members and if you want help with the game or more information on it, I will be here to help you.

Rules:
1)Don't provoke heavily other members.
2) Don't argue over pointless or stupid subjects.
3) When I tell to discuss peacefully I just mean no excessive violent words. It is normal that a small bad word will slip from our brains to the keyboard like:fool:)
4)Have fun:D

I will be making a list every new week that will have the rank of the members. Post to be promoted.
The ranks are these:

American civilian: The first rank. He can discuss peacefully but has no authority in the crew.
British troop: The second rank. He can discuss peacefully and can sugest who is being abusive.
Marine: The third rank.He can discuss peacefully and can remind to others being abusive to stop doing that.
Marine Officer: The fourth rank. He can discuss peacefully. He has authority over American civilians, British troops and Marines, but he cannot kick them out of the topic. But when he recommends it there is a 80% that his request will be aproved depending of the reason. There can be only one Marine Officer at a time.
Elite Troop: The fifth rank.He can discuss peacefully. He helps Marine Officers and organises lower ranks.
Anti-Chimera Terminator(There is nothing like this in the game): The sixth rank. He can discuss peacefully. He helps at organising the crew, he can declare someone "infected(abusive)" and is inspecting the crew member's past posts, so if someone is about to get kicked, the good and bads will be said.
Lieutenant-Fighter: The highest rank(me). He decides about who is going to get in the crew and provides valuable information to all members. He can decide to kick someone only in highly urgent situations but he is the one who decides who will be kicked by the request of a Marine Officer or an Anti-Chimera Terminator.

Read this...
I, take my responsibilities as a leader. Always. If during the carrer of the crew, I become a bad leader, please tell it to me. Everyone, from Amercan civilians to Anti-Chimera Terminators, will be treated with respect. If you don't have the game, it doesn't matter highly. I will be there to help you understand it.

A word of advice to everyone:
Be polite with your crewmates, and know this: if someone asks to join, I will accept him and if someone tells me not to, I will think it at least 5 times if the reson is right or not. HAVE FUN AT MY CREW.

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-21 10:06:18

Newgrounders who join till Monday, will have a list with their names and their coresponding rank at Monday.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-21 10:09:07

OK l'll join...what is the starting rank?
Do l get a special prize for being the first soldier?
Also, l would suggest having some equipment for members.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-21 10:10:52

At 5/21/09 10:09 AM, HeavyTank wrote: OK l'll join...what is the starting rank?
Do l get a special prize for being the first soldier?
Also, l would suggest having some equipment for members.

Well, as the first soldier, you will have an 50%promotional head start. As for the equipment, I will think of it. Welcome to Resistance 2 crew.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-21 10:11:56

At 5/21/09 10:10 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Well, as the first soldier, you will have an 50%promotional head start. As for the equipment, I will think of it. Welcome to Resistance 2 crew.

Great!
L like the multiplayer of that game by the way..

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-24 05:52:50

Though I think 2 members will join, due to little members the list will be posted when we reach the 5 members and for them the promotional speed will be increased by 20%.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-25 00:48:04

At 5/24/09 05:52 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: Though I think 2 members will join, due to little members the list will be posted when we reach the 5 members and for them the promotional speed will be increased by 20%.

You have to send a PM to that guy that asked for the permission to join your crew...
Or post it on your news post...tell him you accept..

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-25 06:40:30

it sounds dandy
can i join in on the fun?
:3

i shake my fist for emphasis

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-25 07:08:21

At 5/25/09 06:40 AM, xellon wrote: it sounds dandy
can i join in on the fun?

Yeah. Welcome to Resistance 2 crew.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-26 06:29:38

Well, because we are little here, no list will be made till 1 more joins. But to amuse you I created the Resistance 2 basic weapons tour. Enjoy it.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-26 06:40:59

Our first weapon is the Bullseye, an assault rifle used by the Chimera. With primary fire, it fires multiple bolts of pure energy in a wide area. With the secondary fire, it fires a "Homing Tag" that sticks to an enemy and makes all bolts moving to that direction. It is effective for tight corridors but it has little ammo and must be used wisely. It has a quick reload and it also has a small recoil.

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-26 06:51:25

(Sorry but because I can't find specific basic weapons I will continue with my favorite weapon.Consider this as a break from the tour).

Here, we have Auger Mark II. It is a heavy rifle as powerful as the Bullseye and a little more. But, it can create shields that protect you from enemy fire(with the secondary fire button) and, it throws anti-material bolts(with the primary fire button) that break through cover. The weapon itself has a scope for seeing enemies through cover, so no one can hide from that thing.

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-26 12:17:27

So, let's continue with the shotgun of Resistance 2(there is only 1 so, it is very good).
It is called the Rossmore double-barrel shotgun. It is a future shotgun, with 2 barrels.With primary fire, it fires from 1 barrel a strong 15 mm bullet. With the secondary fire button, it fires a powerful strong double barrel uber shot that sends anyone in front of you 1 metre away. It is highly recommended for tight corridors and for beating some Chimera brutes that have a stealth generator and leap on anyone stupid enough to approach them and not leave when he feels the ground trembling below him.

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-26 12:19:27

Now, we are entering to the Resistance 2 advanced weapons tour. I hope you wil enjoy it.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-26 12:25:35

Now, let's go to snipers. There are 2 sniper rifles at Resistance 2. Let's meet them.

First, there is the Fareye FR1(inspired by the british L23 Fareye). It is a normal sniper rifle, with extremely strong bullets( and recoil) that "explodes" enemies. It is that strong that when you have a headshot, the enemy is thrown just as when you shooy him with the Rossmore from close. Fareye's primary fire is normal but, by pressing and holding the secondary button, Fareye enters scope mode, while the row of time becomes slower. In other words, your target's move in slow motion. You know how useful this is for any sniper rifle.

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-26 12:31:36

And, of course where is our Magnum? It is here and it is the best Magnum in the world of FPSs.

The HE.44 Magnum, has armor piercing bullets that kill most enemies instntly(with primary fire). These bullets, remain on walls, shining. Why? Because by pressing the secondary fire button, they explode, violently killing all enemies close by. I you play Team Fortress 2 you can understand better its secondary fire function because it works like the Demoman's stickies.

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-27 06:11:51

And now, our minigun:D

The High Velocity Armour Piercing (HVAP) Wraith(or Min Gun A) is a combination of both Human and Chimeran technology. It is capable of firing approx 1,200 rounds a minute and also has a handy shield to stop incoming fire.

The weapon's primary fire is perfect for holding down and watching enemies fall in your wake. It's essentially a chaingun, so it needs a short period of time to charge up before the mass enslaught of bullets happens, but once it does little will be able to stand up to the sheer firepower. The only way they can stop it, is to defeat the user, which is where the secondary fire comes into play. The secondary fire creates a Chimeran based shield which can stop all incoming fire (except Auger bullets), from the front, but it still leaves the back completely exposed.

Obviously this weapon has insane damage potential, but it doesn't appear that often throughout the single player campaign, so use it wisely when it appears as the ammo doesn't last long.

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-27 06:15:47

As a break, here is a picture of the "Brute Minigun". It is a minigun that you cannot get, simply because it is emplanted at some heavy enemies. It fires almost 3000 mini-bolts of pure energy per 5 seconds and instead of a shield it has an insane fire function which doubles its fire and damage rate. Enjoy it:D

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-27 06:19:24

And now, a unique grenade launcher.

The XR 13 Bellock was originally conceived as a way of fighting Spinners, this weapon has become a powerful tool in the SRPA arsenal in their fight against the Chimera. It is essentially a grenade launcher, but with one key difference; the Bellock has Napalm loaded shells.

The primary fire is much more stereotypical of a Grenade Launcher, as it fires a shell which explodes on impact. However, the secondary fire is what can cause considerable damage, as it sets the ground on fire. Not only will this cause units in the fire to burn, but the surface stays lit for a reasonable amount of time, so anything else that walks in it will also catch on fire.

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-27 06:23:36

And... let's go to really Heavy weapons.

The L210LAARK is an upgraded model of the now obsolete L209 LAARK(In Resistance 1). It is used by the Human forces against the more heavier Chimeran units, such as Titans, Attack Drones and Stalkers.

Like the previous model, the primary fire of the LAARK is just a straight out single shot rocket.Now, its secondary fire function is a rocket that explodes mid-air unleashing a spray of homing mini-rockets. Very good for small swift drones:D

Resistance 2 crew

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-27 07:29:34

At 5/27/09 06:23 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: And... let's go to really Heavy weapons.

Very nice list of weapons...now you will have to put on the ranks required to get them..

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-27 07:34:20

When I finish the tour, I will.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-28 06:52:40

At 5/27/09 07:34 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: When I finish the tour, I will.

Alright, l'll be waiting.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-29 02:03:27

Can I join?

My youtube account :) ||| Join the resistance 2 crew!

Meditation. Better than sitting around doing nothing, eh?

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-29 03:56:56

At 5/29/09 02:03 AM, TurtleKirby101 wrote: Can I join?

Of course. Welcome to Resistance 2 crew.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-29 10:26:44

Well, mates. I can't find icons for some ultra weapons, so we will start with those.

Marines, can use the Bullseye.
Marine officers are granted the ability to use the Magnum.
Elite troops can use the Rossmore and the Fareye.
Anti-Chimera Terminators can use the HVAP Wraith or the Auger.
Anyone can use weapons that belong to a lower rank.
(Optional):If you have a good picture making program, you can create a picture of yourself with a weapon according to your rank(If you select the Brute minigun(whatever your rank is) you cannot change it.)

The best picture will be awarded with a secret prize. The contest will start 2 weeks after the creation of our list. Good luck.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-29 11:40:59

At 5/29/09 10:26 AM, TiberiumCrystalKutu wrote: (Optional):If you have a good picture making program, you can create a picture of yourself with a weapon according to your rank(If you select the Brute minigun(whatever your rank is) you cannot change it.)

OK l am going to make one...but you have to tell me....what is my rank?

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-29 12:52:00

Eh, I am clearly saying that the competition will start when the list is made.Next week.

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-29 13:00:15

Sorry(2 weeks(enough time to prepare)).

TO EVERYONE. The competition wants, nice things. You shouldn't draw sketches with simple Paint(not that I don't like that program but it is not for that situation).

I wish everyone, good luck.

If you don't have a nice program for that job click here. I hope you find what suits you best:D

Response to Resistance 2 crew 2009-05-30 03:22:01

Right. But what's the starting rank?

My youtube account :) ||| Join the resistance 2 crew!

Meditation. Better than sitting around doing nothing, eh?