00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol!

9,962 Views | 136 Replies

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-03 22:33:10

Also Wugga, I loved that shit the first time I saw it and still do.

I made my choices, they were hard to choose for obvious reasons. I hate trying to choose between obvious talented individuals. Good job to most people that entered the competition. *tips hat*

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-03 22:50:49

At 6/3/09 10:33 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: Also Wugga, I loved that shit the first time I saw it and still do.

I made my choices, they were hard to choose for obvious reasons. I hate trying to choose between obvious talented individuals. Good job to most people that entered the competition. *tips hat*

I agree. :D

good job for all those who entered--saw a lot of awesome stuff that made my jaw drop from the awesome.

Tsukino Usagi of the NG /a/ {Sig by cast}

A ninja may be fast, but my dick is faster.

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-03 23:05:50

So, the final results are in, and the winners have been decided. Before I say who won, I'd like to thank a few people. First, thanks go out to EyeLovePoozy and JadeTheAssassin for their help judging. Without their support, I would never have been able to keep you all in line. :P. I'd also like to thank Tom for his help with prizes. He's being very generous, and I'm very happy for his help. Finally, I'd like to thank everyone who entered. I know you put your hearts and souls into your entries (or at least some of you did, the others were mass marketed products with no heart or soul created by The Man FIGHT THE MACHINE). I wish everyone could get a prize, but we can't have Newgrounds giving away everything, right?

Well, enough of me babbling. ON TO THE WINNERS!

For our Photoshop category, we've had several wonderful entries. Some of our close contenders include JaY11's Cooking Scorpion, which I believe the sequel is called "Cooking Scorpion: Kombat Kookoff" (or something like that), or Shakyjake's Volcano in Mordor, which I just made that title up because originality is not one of my strong suits. However, there has to be only one winner, and without further stalling for time, I will announce it here and now. Our winner for the Photoshop category is...

Phobotech! For his outstanding entry of Hungry Mothafuckin' Catarpillars, which further proves my paranoid belief that the books from our childhood are going to come to life one day and KILL US. I fear for my life.

Next, we have the Music competition! Oh my, there were some seriously great entries here. Ones that stick out in my mind are SolusLunes' Night of Longing, a wonderfully jazzy tune which makes me think of a jungle in the twilight. Like the Lion King but with more jazz romance. Another spectacular entry would be simon's Chapter V (III Pt. 2), which starts out very ambient and becomes a wonderfully rhythmic trance tune. Truly, the music of Newgrounds is reflected with these entries. Of course, out of all the entries, there is only one that can truly be called the winner. That entry is...

Casualty's You Fucked Your Dad Last Night! It's a very heavy and very angr-hey, wait a minute, no I didn't! It was YOUR dad that I fuc-um, I mean your MOM YEAH THATS RIGHT I'M HARDCORE LIKE THIS SONG.

This leaves our final category, the Writing! My goodness, there were some very good entries this year! Some of my favorite entries had to include Zerok's Cause of Death, a very disturbing story with an unusual plot twist (hard to describe without giving anything away ;) ). Let me say that it's not what you think. Another great story is TheThing's entry, Beauty and Frankenstein's Monster, a rather creepy story, to be honest. You're messed up, TheThing. Seriously. Haha, no, not really. But anyway, even though in the grand scheme of things there is no winner to writing, there is here. Our resident winner of the written word (say that three times fast) is...

WritersBlock! With his incredible entry, A Note For Elizabeth! You know, it actually reminded me of Van Helsing. I loved Van Helsing.

So here we are now at the end of the fourth installment of the Newgrounds Idol! Winners, please PM me with your name, address and t-shirt preferences (size and shirt color), so I can send the information out to Tom so you can get your prizes! Thank you all for attending, hope to see you guys again next time!

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-03 23:18:02

GG, still love poozy.

TLICTDIG

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 00:01:44

Holy shit! WOOT! Thanks judges, and thanks everybody! Congrats to Casualty and WritersBlock!

-Formerly known as Phobotech-

Voice Actor / Pre-Production Animator / Illustrator / T-Shirt Designer / Author

"I sail through a golden nexus. By tanks with armor that glisten. I watch and I play with creations, and what I'm not reading, I listen." <-

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 01:36:56

At 6/3/09 11:05 PM, CryogenChaos wrote: You know, it actually reminded me of Van Helsing. I loved Van Helsing.

I was actually going for more of a "Twilight" style, but oh wells...

Thanks Cryogen, Jade, Poozy.
Thanks Tom.
Congrats Phobotech and Casualty.
Thanks everyone else who entered.

This made my day. Seriously, thanks. I'm honoured.
:)

<3 YUO GUISE

READ: "A Fear of Great Heights" and other forthcoming adventures right HERE

Signature Picture by: Spartan204

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 03:03:59

At 6/3/09 10:26 PM, EyeLovePoozy wrote: You're a cutie pie Rebbay, good job lil' mama.

Aww, thanks Pooz. Congratulations to all the winners.

tear

You conniving, randy, bogus-Oriental old queen! Your record sleeves are better than your songs!

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 03:39:36

Congratufuckinglations to the winners.
I still liked that Mordor Volcano one a lot though.

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 04:08:25

Yay, I won! :D

Congrats to the other winners! However I would like to pass my prize to the person on the second place in the audio competition. I already have like 2 or 3 NG shirts, and I don't wear them much lol. So yeah, I don't know who that is, but he or she gets my prizes :D

I'll keep the honour though, thank you.

BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER BEER

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 04:55:21

WritersBlock won something? I want a recount! Even if this thing is silly, he shouldn't win! D:<

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 07:30:37

At 6/4/09 04:08 AM, Casualty wrote: Congrats to the other winners! However I would like to pass my prize to the person on the second place in the audio competition.

That's mighty classy of you Casualty.

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 07:41:33

Congrats to the winners.

Heavy Vibes

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 08:01:20

I never win anything >:(

This is what I get for not trying....

II II lI

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 09:04:17

At 6/4/09 07:30 AM, EyeLovePoozy wrote:
At 6/4/09 04:08 AM, Casualty wrote: Congrats to the other winners! However I would like to pass my prize to the person on the second place in the audio competition.
That's mighty classy of you Casualty.

Yep, that's just how I am...

Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol!

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 12:25:47

At 6/4/09 04:08 AM, Casualty wrote: I'll keep the honour though, thank you.

Thanks a bunch Casualty! Yours was a the best entry, I might even get your name printed on the shirt in comemmoration!

さあ時の扉を開けて行こうよ

BBS Signature

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 19:41:22

Ah well. I tried, and in my opinion, I didn't do terribly! Yay!

"I reject your reality and substitute my own"-Mythbusters

This is without a doubt the coolest flash game ever.

Response to Fourth Annual Newgrounds Idol! 2009-06-04 22:23:09

At 6/3/09 11:05 PM, CryogenChaos wrote: WritersBlock! With his incredible entry, A Note For Elizabeth! You know, it actually reminded me of Van Helsing. I loved Van Helsing.

Ah, shit. Well, I guess you can't win them all. Unless you're WritersBlock, in which case you win everything.

Well, Congrats to WritersBlock and the other winners, I hope you all die within the next year so I can win next time.