00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Artist Trading Card Exchange

9,764 Views | 117 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-16 03:46:42

So I was reading up about artist trading cards and it sounded like a really cool idea so I thought I'd see if anyone here was interested. Especially since the sketchbook tour is such a huge hit.

Basically, you make a drawing/painting/collage/etc (a flat work of art) that is 2.5 inches by 3.5 inches (the size of a playing card) and trade it with a card someone else has made.

RULES
- Has to be 2.5" X 3.5"
- Has to be handmade (Don't print a computer image)
- Sign and date the back of the card (Perhaps include your NG username?)

Spend as much or as little time as you want on it, the only factor is if someone else likes it enough to trade their own card for it. Feel free to trade cards other people have made too. It's just like baseball cards, except you can make your own!

So if you want to do it, make your own cards, post them here, and/or ask someone else in the thread if they want to trade. Then when you both agree on a trade, mail them to each other. Simple as that! (I would recommended sending addresses through PM rather than posting them here, so you don't have stalkers hunting you down...)

---------------

Here's a card I made. Sorry about the blurry photo, I had to use my phone for the picture then doctor it up a bit. :3

Anyone want to trade?

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-16 04:02:39

ACEOs I've done tons of these, but I usually give them to my aunt to sell on EBay and Etsy

Whiskey | The Old | The New | Portal | updated sig thanks to gumby

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-16 04:42:02

you know to be fair, I started one just the other day. and after posting I thought "hey why not"
so I'm game. Idug it out and colored it. so I'll trade with you. Pm me with the information and I'll trade with you.
btw here is a pic of it. it's not one of my better ones, but who knows maybe we can trade again sometime

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-16 14:50:32

At 5/16/09 03:46 AM, Kajenx wrote: Here's a card I made. Sorry about the blurry photo, I had to use my phone for the picture then doctor it up a bit. :3

Anyone want to trade?

Grrreereeat Idea
I'll be sure to make me some

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-16 16:25:05

At 5/16/09 02:50 PM, J-qb wrote:
At 5/16/09 03:46 AM, Kajenx wrote: Here's a card I made. Sorry about the blurry photo, I had to use my phone for the picture then doctor it up a bit. :3

Anyone want to trade?
Grrreereeat Idea
I'll be sure to make me some

makes me wonder if we can actually get an ACEO group here on NG. sweet

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-16 18:23:58

At 5/16/09 05:54 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Hey it sounds like a good Idea ,What are the exact themes for the Artist Trading card ?

Well with some groups they put out monthly themes. I know the E-Bay one dose, but I think for now we can just do what we want, maybe later we can do themes

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-16 20:01:24

At 5/16/09 06:23 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/16/09 05:54 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Hey it sounds like a good Idea ,What are the exact themes for the Artist Trading card ?
Well with some groups they put out monthly themes. I know the E-Bay one dose, but I think for now we can just do what we want, maybe later we can do themes

Yeah, you can do w/e you want.

Kinsei I'll send you a PM right now! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-16 23:13:48

Cool idea. I want see more.

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-17 00:21:49

At 5/16/09 11:13 PM, zenyara wrote: Cool idea. I want see more.

Then make one! :3

I'm gonna make more.

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-17 00:56:18

wel heres one from me, sorry about the blue lines i drew this on my doodle pad and i liked it enough to put on here. its an elemental bird. its signed "Khaler" on the back, thats just my other alias.

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-17 16:37:26

At 5/17/09 12:56 AM, kamaykazay wrote: wel heres one from me, sorry about the blue lines i drew this on my doodle pad and i liked it enough to put on here. its an elemental bird. its signed "Khaler" on the back, thats just my other alias.

interesting, are you going to cut that piece to the card size, or are you going to redo it on a card

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-17 17:27:41

Yeah, you can do w/e you want.
So There's no sort of obligations you hold against except with just the rules set for creating a card, I can really just do anything without a slap on wrist?

something tells me I might regret this, but yeah pretty much,

but if no one wants to trade with you, then it's not our fault

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-17 18:00:32

It would be a good idea to make some sort of frame or template to print out and draw inside, you know to kind of unify things.
I might do one when I finish the storybook project...

up up down down left right left right B A

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-17 20:10:29

At 5/17/09 06:00 PM, cuestaluis wrote: It would be a good idea to make some sort of frame or template to print out and draw inside, you know to kind of unify things.
I might do one when I finish the storybook project...

honestly their really isn't a template needed, you just cut a piece of paper to 2.5 in by 3.5in and their you have it, an ACEO card. those measurement are the standard ACEO card size. although I guess if some are too lazy to do that, their are actually people who sell pre-cut cards, (and they actually make money off of it. o.0)
either way, the rules are pretty simple

Incase of anymore confusion here is a link to the ACEO official web site, Art-Cards.org

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-17 21:03:58

Oh yeah I forgot Is there some sort of quality that person must put into his before starting to trade? I'd be sort of slow when I try to take my time on a product but if no one would want to make a trade, Do you think I could get a critique of it?

I've seen cards ranging from quality and skill from master level, to someone who isn't even trying. but I would say that you should put at least a little effort in to it.
If you want yeah sure post some roughs, and we'll critique them.

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-17 21:19:29

tomorrow after school ill post some... im free to draw a buttload at school so i'll have so perty cool ones in...i want to be a known artist for this...so ill put much effort into mah pics.

SWEET IDEA!
we should keep them black and white like they are then special cards will be the only color ones!

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-17 21:27:56

At 5/17/09 08:10 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: honestly their really isn't a template needed, you just cut a piece of paper to 2.5 in by 3.5in and their you have it, an ACEO card....

poops, my bad (I didn't know of the existence of such organization), I'm a bit more intrested now. Thanks for clearing that out for me.

up up down down left right left right B A

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-18 00:10:48

At 5/17/09 09:27 PM, cuestaluis wrote:
At 5/17/09 08:10 PM, Kinsei01 wrote: honestly their really isn't a template needed, you just cut a piece of paper to 2.5 in by 3.5in and their you have it, an ACEO card....
poops, my bad (I didn't know of the existence of such organization), I'm a bit more intrested now. Thanks for clearing that out for me.

don't feel bad about it. although the organization has tons of members, not many people other than the members know about it. I was only alerted about it 3 years ago.

At 5/17/09 09:19 PM, ipodawesum wrote:
SWEET IDEA!
we should keep them black and white like they are then special cards will be the only color ones!

oddly enough that dose sound kind of fun, but sometimes color is just as fun as B/W

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-18 10:01:37

Wow, I'm glad to see all of the interest for this! Thanks for answering questions Kinsei01.

I'd better make some more now! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-18 10:20:43

im up for it... il get some cards and start doing some painted ones... >:3... im going to try get some cards from my favourt artists on NG (hopefully)... anyone know what size a bussiness card is?... so i can make some up, thanks in advance...

Ciao

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-18 10:40:42

All cards should be 2.5 X 3.5 inches. To make it easy, you can just trace a playing card. :D

I'm thinking I should do some painted ones too...

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-18 11:02:21

At 5/18/09 10:40 AM, Kajenx wrote: All cards should be 2.5 X 3.5 inches. To make it easy, you can just trace a playing card. :D

yeah iv made some up now.. *about 20... >:3*, i saw it at the top after i posted... i had alread read it but it didnt sink in untill the third time... *sigh*... anway il get some posted up on this thread soon, most likey demons and anime chicks i think... *Im sure people will want them :3*

ciao

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-18 11:11:16

20?! Wow, I gotta get to it.

Kinsei, your card in in the mail! :D

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-18 11:13:52

At 5/17/09 04:37 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
At 5/17/09 12:56 AM, kamaykazay wrote: wel heres one from me, sorry about the blue lines i drew this on my doodle pad and i liked it enough to put on here. its an elemental bird. its signed "Khaler" on the back, thats just my other alias.
interesting, are you going to cut that piece to the card size, or are you going to redo it on a card

HAH! it is card-sized but it came out super big on here for some reason. thanks for your interest :)

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-18 14:46:45

At 5/18/09 11:13 AM, kamaykazay wrote:
HAH! it is card-sized but it came out super big on here for some reason. thanks for your interest :)

yeah I scanned mine at a high resolution so it came out big as well :P

And NP about the questions, I'll be working on more today

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-19 04:52:18

Well I have finished my next card.
It's named "Drink to the Celtic"
I kind of like this one, so I'll be looking for not just anything. It stems from my Irish and Celtic heritage
So any one serious about this one

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-19 05:42:56

ok so far, i have four painted up... i will post pictures once i get my pc sorted out... (i had to reformat it *kinda*) so my camera doesnt pick up yet, not to worry... what are they?... well

1. A blend of orange,red,yellow,white,pink and purple flowing together and a hidden woman
2. A nice blue and white piece with clouds and a hidden woman
3. A whirl of blue and white... almost looks like an angel
4. A very pink/white card with splashes of water...

Of course im not trading any untill you get to see them :3... im trying to get one of every artist i like on NG... (or if i just like the picture/painting) >:3

Ciao / Please note i live in the UK so postage may cost a tad more :3

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-22 11:11:23

I got your card today Kinsei, and I was inspired to make another one! :D I like the second card you have here, but I'd like to see some more people get involved, so I'm going to pass on that one and ask if anyone else want's to trade.

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-22 15:04:25

At 5/22/09 11:11 AM, Kajenx wrote: I got your card today Kinsei, and I was inspired to make another one! :D I like the second card you have here, but I'd like to see some more people get involved, so I'm going to pass on that one and ask if anyone else want's to trade.

yeah, Personally I'm waiting on LegolaSS to scan and post his,
I'm hopeing more will get interested in this soon.

BBS Signature

Response to Artist Trading Card Exchange 2009-05-25 06:36:44

il get it up either later today or tomorrow hopefully :3...

i have a scanner but im most likey going to take a picture of them all and post that... will be much easyer to do seen as everything is already set up... let the swaping commence! >:3...

soon

BBS Signature