New Topic Respond to this Topic
Danny-G
Danny-G
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
adult cartoons, hentai 2009-05-13 02:50:19 Reply

Hellow fellow NGers! I was browsing some adult toon and hentai sites the other day(don't act like you don't do it lol) and I saw a bunch of sites with copyrighted cartoon characters like Goku, Disney characters, comic book heroes being depicted in explicit sexual behavior. I wondered how those sites get away with copyright issues? Are they somehow immune to copyright laws because it's just hand drawn stuff? I am asking this because I have a website where I woul like to post some hand drawn, home made hentai involving dragonball characters, but I was scared of getting in some kind of copyright trouble. Or will I be ok? please help.

ps:I will have disclaimers on my site with warnings to prvent minors from watching it. ALSO don't criticizse me lol...I have seen some bad stuff on newgrounds like the sexy eyes toon and some other very sick animations on here. My art will be nowhere near as graphic as some of the stuff here on NG.

Watch James Bond's Facility Adventure!

BBS Signature
Xhado
Xhado
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to adult cartoons, hentai 2009-05-13 02:55:56 Reply

I have seen those as well. Maybe they have something in their TOS or in fine print giving credit to the creators of the characters.

BIeed
BIeed
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to adult cartoons, hentai 2009-05-13 03:02:11 Reply

I'm pretty sure the companies have bigger things to worry about than your drawing their characters having sex.

Jew Power!

BBS Signature
Zuggz
Zuggz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to adult cartoons, hentai 2009-05-13 03:06:16 Reply

If they say the use of them is for spoofing reasons it falls under fair use.

so they're safe.

|- I'm on a Boat - Collab -|- List -|- AS3 -|- Game Poll -|

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to adult cartoons, hentai 2009-05-13 03:29:59 Reply

par%u22C5o%u22C5dy%u2002%u2002/%u02C8pær %u0259di/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [par-uh-dee] noun, plural -dies, verb, -died, -dy%u22C5ing.
-noun
1. a humorous or satirical imitation of a serious piece of literature or writing: his hilarious parody of Hamlet's soliloquy.
2. the genre of literary composition represented by such imitations.
3. a burlesque imitation of a musical composition.
4. any humorous, satirical, or burlesque imitation, as of a person, event, etc.
5. the use in the 16th century of borrowed material in a musical setting of the Mass (parody Mass).
6. a poor or feeble imitation or semblance; travesty: His acting is a parody of his past greatness.

-verb (used with object)
7. to imitate (a composition, author, etc.) for purposes of ridicule or satire.
8. to imitate poorly or feebly; travesty.

PowerRangerYELLOW
PowerRangerYELLOW
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to adult cartoons, hentai 2009-05-13 04:25:51 Reply

It's likely a parody and that falls under fairuse within copyright law. If it came from japan than there copyright laws are either less strict or just not enforced that well.

It's common for some kid in japan to make a comic based on some anime they like and they can get away with making money off of it without getting sued.

The difference between japan and here is that kids can actually make money off there creepy fanfics in japan while creepy kids here never see a dime out of there creepy fanfics.

yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Artist
Response to adult cartoons, hentai 2009-05-13 04:53:27 Reply

Well, the images are probably illegal for copyright reasons. But, if the companies were to actively try to have people arrested/charged for the images, there'd be a media frenzy over it and it would draw more attention to the existence of these images, and although one person might be getting charged for it, a thousand more people will have copied and distributed the images in this time.

So basically, the companies surely know about the images and don't like them, but they let them slide because drawing attention to the images increases the chances of more people seeing them, which results in negative attention from kids/families/etc (especially when it comes to Disney-type images).

studio-nightbird
studio-nightbird
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to adult cartoons, hentai 2009-05-13 08:34:02 Reply

Lol well Yea I'm a hentai manic myself. And (like you) was planning on doing a Manga hentai based on some really loved anime characters eg Sakura, Kagome, School rumble ect ect. But saddly the un expected thing happend....I got a GF. so the entire Idea was gone "NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC

I'm not sure. Under Australian CopyRights you can't do that. But then yet again theres alot of things we all do that your not aloud to do. Such as getting........"Arrr me harties" music. Just keep asking around

Just do it anyway xD