00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

DoctorSpectre just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Musical Instruments

773 Views | 4 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Musical Instruments 2009-05-12 18:53:17

Well, Recently I was inspired to make some beats. I want to become a very skilled composer, and need the right equipment. I was looking at a Casio and didn't know what way to turn, way to many models, to many abbrevations that confuse me. If someone can tell me a good Casio for making beats, and here are some guidelines.
-Don't know how to play keyboard
-Have Fruityloops
-Want to loop beats and add chords.

If someone can suggest some programs, and instruments, It would be much appreciated.

moozik is fuhn ye.

Response to Musical Instruments 2009-05-12 18:57:48

Well if you are asking for VST's and sound packs I can gladly recommend some but what do you mean by "Casio"?

BBS Signature

Response to Musical Instruments 2009-05-12 19:02:39

Okay.

If you don't know how to play a keyboard instrument... how is it going to help you with these 'beats' ?

Response to Musical Instruments 2009-05-12 19:03:34

At 5/12/09 06:57 PM, djsumara wrote: Well if you are asking for VST's and sound packs I can gladly recommend some but what do you mean by "Casio"?

He's talking about a keyboard.

You don't need one, you can just use the draw tool in the piano roll to lay down chords.
Unless you wanted hardware sounds from the keyboard itself. If not, a simple MIDI Controller would do the trick.

Response to Musical Instruments 2009-05-12 19:07:31

I don't know how to play piano and I don't have a midi keyboard and yet I still make some good chords and leads. You really don't have to have a keyboard in order to make good beats and such, the most important thing is the love and passion for music, you really have to discipline yourself into thinking that you can make music. You have to have that musical mind, when you hear a song being play you can tell what elements are being played and such.

BBS Signature