00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

FylypFimpossible just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update

29,503 Views | 485 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 21:19:01

At 5/20/09 08:53 PM, the-dz wrote: Wait, disregard that. It might not have to be your piss the enemy is stained with.

If you can say something like that, then the game HAS to be brilliant.

Gamertag- MarshallxDav | Steam ID- Eshneh | LastFM- MarshallNPK

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 21:41:30

I'm liking these new updates. I gotta say, I didn't care for the scout ones. I don't have the Bonk energy drink unlocked, so I'm not sure how effective that is, but the new shotgun seems like a bad alternative to the original, as does the new bat. Not being able to double jump just doesn't feel right.

Oh well though, I mainly play Spy and Engineer. And with this new update it seems like I'm really going to be hooked as a Spy even more.

I think right now the Soldier really needs to be updated, I'm surprised they haven't got to him yet. They started updating the least played classes first, and I swear the Soldier is the top 3 least played classes.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 21:47:28

http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_sp y/

well apparently the jar of piss is actually a real weapon

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 22:03:43

At 5/20/09 09:47 PM, Pounce wrote: http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_sp y/

Little late to the party man.

But yea, Jarate kicks ass.

"Physicsman09: The Gordon Freeman of Newgrounds"

-The-Hitman

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 22:21:23

At 5/20/09 09:41 PM, DirtySyko wrote: I'm liking these new updates. I gotta say, I didn't care for the scout ones. I don't have the Bonk energy drink unlocked, so I'm not sure how effective that is, but the new shotgun seems like a bad alternative to the original, as does the new bat. Not being able to double jump just doesn't feel right.

Bonk is only useful to drag sentry fire to you while teammates take it down, and also to get past *some* choke points.
Also the second scattergun was actually inspired by a thread I have created. And I use it, it can be quite useful sometimes, in fact it's only less effective against scouts.

Oh well though, I mainly play Spy and Engineer. And with this new update it seems like I'm really going to be hooked as a Spy even more.

I think right now the Soldier really needs to be updated, I'm surprised they haven't got to him yet. They started updating the least played classes first, and I swear the Soldier is the top 3 least played classes.

He is probably next.

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 22:33:13

At 5/20/09 08:45 PM, the-dz wrote: Oh wait, now I get the April Fools Joke.

There never was a joke, and we've been fooled for over a month now.

Haha Valve.

Dare I say that that was the most effective April Fool's joke ever? (Or at least in my experience of them.)

Aussie Club | TF2 Crew | TJPPC

Steam, Xfire: ParadoxVoid | Gamertag: TheFinalParadox

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 22:36:33

At 5/20/09 10:21 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
Also the second scattergun was actually inspired by a thread I have created. And I use it, it can be quite useful sometimes, in fact it's only less effective against scouts.

It's a good escape weapon, I'll give it that, but if you're trying to kill the opponent it's much easier with the original gun. As for the new bat, I dislike it completely except for stunning invulnerable heavies, which isn't good enough to replace if you ask me.

I've been refurbished and reissued, prepackaged and precooked, decontaminated and deloused, but I still smell, sound, look and feel like shit.

New to the video game forums?

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 22:53:32

At 5/20/09 10:03 PM, physicsman09 wrote:
At 5/20/09 09:47 PM, Pounce wrote: http://www.teamfortress.com/sniper_vs_sp y/

Little late to the party man.

But yea, Jarate kicks ass.

i don't read what other people write

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 22:54:07

At 5/20/09 10:21 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
He is probably next.

Screw that, Pyros need another update. Our burning powers aren't as efficient as they used to be. With all these sandmen and super pistols, its hard for a Pyro to make that dolla.

Radda Radda Radda

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 23:00:58

At 5/20/09 10:54 PM, The-Omnipresence wrote: Screw that, Pyros need another update. Our burning powers aren't as efficient as they used to be. With all these sandmen and super pistols, its hard for a Pyro to make that dolla.

i heard it was hard to hold W and left click with absolutely zero effort and coordination and kill everything in 0.2 seconds

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-20 23:18:23

At 5/20/09 10:36 PM, DirtySyko wrote: It's a good escape weapon, I'll give it that, but if you're trying to kill the opponent it's much easier with the original gun. As for the new bat, I dislike it completely except for stunning invulnerable heavies, which isn't good enough to replace if you ask me.

Actually with 2 meatshots you can kill almost every class.

Just run at melee range of someone, shoot, as he is pushed back in the air follow him then shoot again. BAM, he's dead.

Exept if he's a heavy or a soldier. (and maybe pyros and demomen I can't tell)

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 00:44:16

At 5/20/09 11:00 PM, Pounce wrote: i heard it was hard to hold W and left click with absolutely zero effort and coordination and kill everything in 0.2 seconds

Any Pyro that doesn't use the compression blast is an embarassment.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.

Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 03:50:07

At 5/21/09 03:44 AM, JarrodK wrote: To be honest I thought they could've done allot more with the Sniper update, I really am not a fan of Jarate or the Bow and Arrow.

I suppose you wanted a new rifle?
Valve aren't that boring.
Their weapons might not be conventional, hell might not even be useful, but god they're fun.

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 04:22:40

At 5/21/09 04:01 AM, JarrodK wrote: Yes, I wouldn't have minded a new rifle or some sort of Australian melee weapon.

A boomerang would have been an interesting touch.

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 05:11:00

TF2 is 53% preloaded.
With any luck I'll be on in an hour.

Steam iD: FanBuoy

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 05:28:18

Haha, it's funny how much people are crying on the Steam forums about Jarate.

Some people take video games too seriously.

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 05:33:04

At 5/21/09 05:28 AM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: Haha, it's funny how much people are crying on the Steam forums about Jarate.

Really? I thought it was the best thing about the update for the sniper

Roll Fizzlebeef

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 05:56:35

At 5/21/09 05:33 AM, slimt2100 wrote:
At 5/21/09 05:28 AM, Omega-Epsilon wrote: Haha, it's funny how much people are crying on the Steam forums about Jarate.

Who else would make throwable piss a weapon?
I thought the dildo in GTA was funny, but this is too much!

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 06:45:12

At 5/21/09 05:56 AM, MasterBalls wrote:
At 5/21/09 05:33 AM, slimt2100 wrote:

Who else would make throwable piss a weapon?
I thought the dildo in GTA was funny, but this is too much!

Well, yeah, the idea of throwing bottles of piss at your enemies (and friends) is a little absurd, but I think it goes along nicely with the style of the game.

Also, I love how Valve explains why it causes enemies to take more damage; they won't want to live after they've had your urine splashed all over them

Roll Fizzlebeef

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 08:08:33

Does anyone know when exactly this update is coming?

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 08:13:58

I wish I could see it.

Too bad I can't since I'm banned.

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 08:16:55

At 5/21/09 08:08 AM, emo-penguin wrote: Does anyone know when exactly this update is coming?

I've heard that it's coming later tonight. I'm not entirely sure.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 08:51:58

So, anybody wanna go to some achievement servers and spam fire when it's out?

In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 09:00:29

At 5/21/09 08:51 AM, Racoonmario wrote: So, anybody wanna go to some achievement servers and spam fire when it's out?

Since Valve has stated that the achievements aren't coupled with the weapons anymore, I doubt you will have to do that :P

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 10:25:34

At 5/21/09 09:00 AM, the-dz wrote:
At 5/21/09 08:51 AM, Racoonmario wrote: So, anybody wanna go to some achievement servers and spam fire when it's out?
Since Valve has stated that the achievements aren't coupled with the weapons anymore, I doubt you will have to do that :P

Buh? Could you supply a link to that article?

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 10:49:42

At 5/21/09 10:25 AM, Yacazuma wrote:
At 5/21/09 09:00 AM, the-dz wrote:
Buh? Could you supply a link to that article?

I believe the statement meant they were wanting to decouple achievements with unlockables. The problem is that people spam servers, hunting down achievements. The new costume gear is set to change that, as you don't need to unlock achievements.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 11:16:48

Okay I've preloaded the game. Took all freaking day.

Now it's saying I have to purchase the game to unlock it. I thought the free weekend started Thursday? Any help here?

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 11:26:20

At 5/21/09 11:16 AM, MasterBalls wrote: Okay I've preloaded the game. Took all freaking day.

Now it's saying I have to purchase the game to unlock it. I thought the free weekend started Thursday? Any help here?

It will probably unlock when the update comes.

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 11:52:13

Erm, when is it then?

| Steam | AMD FX8320 - Asus 7950 - 8GB DDR3 - Asis M5A97 Pro - Xigmatek 750w - 120gb SSD - 1tb HDD - 500gb HDD -

BBS Signature

Response to Team Fortress 2 Sniper Update 2009-05-21 12:06:07

Maybe the sniper could stab an enemy with it for close-range combat along with long-range combat for shooting an arrow