00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Da-Birb just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

The Gun Club

45,968 Views | 200 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 10:12:09

Here they are. Top right is Walther P22, top left is M16A4, and bottom is a Winchester Model 90. Bye the way, I have these as airsoft guns. I hope that counts :D

The Gun Club

Hewo

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 12:00:35

i would like to add to the argument between the AK and M16, if the AK was so much better than the M16 then i think that the US Military would make that standard issue not the M16. i really dont think they would be giving their soldiers the lesser of the two weapons.

i stole this sig

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 14:02:08

At 5/16/09 12:00 PM, dobo69 wrote: i would like to add to the argument between the AK and M16, if the AK was so much better than the M16 then i think that the US Military would make that standard issue not the M16. i really dont think they would be giving their soldiers the lesser of the two weapons.

Thanks, but I don't need support haha. I think it's funny 16 year old kids think they know better than the military that's all.

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 14:34:57

At 5/16/09 01:30 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 5/15/09 11:49 PM, Patton3 wrote:
Because you obviously know what an AK really is like. You've been to fucking war and you've shot motherfuckers with an AK-47.

Yea that's what I thought.

And I suppose you have been? My opinion is based upon having fired both weapons, the opinion of many experts, and accounts I have read were the two weapons were pitted against each other.

Trust me the M16 works just fine.

I've fired both, and I don't doubt the M16 works. Hell, on a range, it's hard to imagine a better assault rifle. But in an actual situation, the weaknesses of the M16 have shown through, time and again. The whole point of what I wrote was that the AK is better for a combat situation. But you probably just skimmed over what I wrote, if that, and saw I didn't agree with you and that you couldn't answer the questions I posed. Is that about it? Am I in the ballpark?

As for the army using the M16 over the AK, I think it's just that the AK has so many negative connotations associated with it, what with it being invented by the USSR, and used by all sorts of terrorist and communist groups. It's become kind of a symbol for anti-Americanism.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 15:03:51

At 5/16/09 02:34 PM, Patton3 wrote:
Because you obviously know what an AK really is like. You've been to fucking war and you've shot motherfuckers with an AK-47.

Yea that's what I thought.
And I suppose you have been? My opinion is based upon having fired both weapons, the opinion of many experts, and accounts I have read were the two weapons were pitted against each other.

I'm a Marine. What do you think my job is. I am an expert and am surrounded by experts with the M16 in my everyday life.

Trust me the M16 works just fine.
I've fired both, and I don't doubt the M16 works. Hell, on a range, it's hard to imagine a better assault rifle. But in an actual situation, the weaknesses of the M16 have shown through, time and again. The whole point of what I wrote was that the AK is better for a combat situation. But you probably just skimmed over what I wrote, if that, and saw I didn't agree with you and that you couldn't answer the questions I posed. Is that about it? Am I in the ballpark?

I skimmed just as much as you skimmed all the other things I wrote about the M16 in this thread. Do some reading for yourself.

And in actual situations, I don't know anybody that's had problems with the M16 or the M4. And we are pretty glad that those fucking hajis have AKs.

As for the army using the M16 over the AK, I think it's just that the AK has so many negative connotations associated with it, what with it being invented by the USSR, and used by all sorts of terrorist and communist groups. It's become kind of a symbol for anti-Americanism.

No, it's because it's superior. Point Blank.

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 15:29:52

At 5/16/09 02:02 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Thanks, but I don't need support haha. I think it's funny 16 year old kids think they know better than the military that's all.

okay, im not saying i do know more than you either cause i really dont sorry if it seemed like i thought i did.

i stole this sig

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 15:34:43

At 5/16/09 03:29 PM, dobo69 wrote:
At 5/16/09 02:02 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Thanks, but I don't need support haha. I think it's funny 16 year old kids think they know better than the military that's all.
okay, im not saying i do know more than you either cause i really dont sorry if it seemed like i thought i did.

Oh no, don't worry bout it, it wasn't directed at you what I said about knowing more than the military.

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 20:53:06

At 5/16/09 03:34 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Oh no, don't worry bout it, it wasn't directed at you what I said about knowing more than the military.

okay, im not really an expert on assault rifles either, im more of a shotgun man

i stole this sig

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 21:34:42

At 5/16/09 03:03 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
I'm a Marine. What do you think my job is. I am an expert and am surrounded by experts with the M16 in my everyday life.

I didn't realize that. Regardless, have you ever gotten the chance to use an AK at some point?

I skimmed just as much as you skimmed all the other things I wrote about the M16 in this thread. Do some reading for yourself.

I have, I absorb all the literature I can over modern warfare. I don't pretend that knowledge makes me superior to a veteran, but more knowledgeable perhaps than your average civilian.

And in actual situations, I don't know anybody that's had problems with the M16 or the M4. And we are pretty glad that those fucking hajis have AKs.

Given the desert environment and the time you in all likelihood usually have to clean and inspect your weapon, I don't doubt it has superior accuracy, performance, etc. Regardless, you probably enjoy the fact they aren't professionally trained soldiers, and that you can call in support.

And do they have the original first produced by the USSR, or Chinese knock-offs? Because I'm defending the original, not the cheap toy the Chinese slapped together.

No, it's because it's superior. Point Blank.

On a final note, I don't mean to disrespect you, insinuate your unknowledgeable, etc. We just happen to disagree over which is superior in a combat situation, the AK-47, or M16A2.

If life gives you lemons, read the fine print; chances are, there's a monthly fee attached.

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-16 23:30:22

At 5/16/09 09:34 PM, Patton3 wrote:
At 5/16/09 03:03 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
I didn't realize that. Regardless, have you ever gotten the chance to use an AK at some point?

Finally you see the light. I've never had the chance to use an AK myself, no. I know plenty of people of have tried it. Obviously there's weapons left over to collect pretty often.

I have, I absorb all the literature I can over modern warfare. I don't pretend that knowledge makes me superior to a veteran, but more knowledgeable perhaps than your average civilian.

It's good that you read a lot and get informed, not a lot of people will do that. Certainly not your average joe blow. Not a lot of people actually know what the hell goes on in the Middle East. I commend you for trying to be informed

Given the desert environment and the time you in all likelihood usually have to clean and inspect your weapon, I don't doubt it has superior accuracy, performance, etc. Regardless, you probably enjoy the fact they aren't professionally trained soldiers, and that you can call in support.

There's a lot of down time in the desert, and you take care of your weapon when you can. I know guys that have been stuck in situations where they were in enemy zones for a couple days and their weapons operate just fine. The M16 and the M4 have been battle tested time and time again. If it didn't work they would find an alternative.

Now let me make you understand one thing about modern warfare. Especially in the Middle East where we fight in towns with plenty of civilians around. There are situations where Infantry has to clear plenty of buildings and houses without Air, Artillery or other forms of support. But this war is not just about face to face combat. These guys fear Marines more than they fear their fucking God. They don't use regular tactics. They use IEDs and they use Traps and other kinds of bullshit. The Taliban are a lot more organized than what we were fighting in Iraq, and they are causing us a bit more trouble. You have to remember these guys managed to repel the Soviets back in the day. They are pretty well trained. We still kick their ass.

And do they have the original first produced by the USSR, or Chinese knock-offs? Because I'm defending the original, not the cheap toy the Chinese slapped together.

They're both cheap toys if you ask me, but I really don't know in all honesty, i'd have to ask my buddy about that one.

On a final note, I don't mean to disrespect you, insinuate your unknowledgeable, etc. We just happen to disagree over which is superior in a combat situation, the AK-47, or M16A2.

I would hope not, I don't take disrespect very well, so thank you for pointing that out. I truly feel, and all Marines also truly feel that the M16A2 (which is the same thing as the A4 and the M4 that we use like I said before) is better than the AK.

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-17 13:07:50

Well, I can't honestly say I think they're equally great weapons, but I do look at the M16, in all it's forms, in a better light.

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-17 21:10:20

At 5/16/09 02:02 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:

Thanks, but I don't need support haha. I think it's funny 16 year old kids think they know better than the military that's all.

How old did you say you were again?

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-18 13:20:55

At 5/17/09 09:10 PM, foxkitaxel wrote:
How old did you say you were again?

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-18 17:36:18

Is it possible to bounce a bullet off a frynig pan?

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-18 20:25:15

At 5/18/09 05:36 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: Is it possible to bounce a bullet off a frynig pan?

What's a "frynig pan?"

Racist?

Well, I've got news for you pal, you ain't leadin' but two things right now: Jack and shit... and Jack left town.

Sig by Her

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-18 22:15:47

At 5/18/09 05:36 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: Is it possible to bounce a bullet off a frynig pan?

Depends what kind of bullet, but yes it probably is, depending on the metal of the pan.

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-19 16:50:07

At 5/18/09 10:15 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
Depends what kind of bullet, but yes it probably is, depending on the metal of the pan.

Has anybody gotten shot at before?

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-19 17:50:05

At 5/19/09 04:50 PM, foxkitaxel wrote:
At 5/18/09 05:36 PM, foxkitaxel wrote:

I don't know if you're talking to Spiffy specifically, but I was grazed by a .22 on my left side...kinda like being hit with a sledgehammer. And that's why I support gun safety and proper use education.

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-19 20:17:58

I got shot at three times in my life, one actually hit me in my right shoulder.
I can only stop a bullet once, it hurts like hell.

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-25 22:25:31

ive been shot at but never shot, i was walking by the targets to check mine and the other person was not paying attention and almost hit me. and this weekend my friend tried to hit me with a slingshot with ball bearings in them, they hurt.

i stole this sig

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-26 13:28:52

At 5/19/09 08:17 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: I got shot at three times in my life, one actually hit me in my right shoulder.

Where the hell do you live to get shot at three times.

I smeellll bullshit.

At 5/19/09 05:50 PM, Patton3 wrote:
At 5/19/09 04:50 PM, foxkitaxel wrote:
At 5/18/09 05:36 PM, foxkitaxel wrote:
I don't know if you're talking to Spiffy specifically, but I was grazed by a .22 on my left side...kinda like being hit with a sledgehammer. And that's why I support gun safety and proper use education.

I don't talk about that shit. But yea.

Response to The Gun Club 2009-05-26 17:29:24

At 5/26/09 01:28 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote:
At 5/19/09 08:17 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: I got shot at three times in my life, one actually hit me in my right shoulder.
Where the hell do you live to get shot at three times.

I smeellll bullshit.

I used to live in a dangerous niegberhood.
Can anybody curve a bullet?

Response to The Gun Club 2009-06-11 19:00:57

At 5/26/09 05:29 PM, foxkitaxel wrote: Can anybody curve a bullet?

sure, shoot into a curved barrel and then the bullet will curve.
at least that is what hitler did when he found out that his awsome tanks had no guns on it and he decided to make the barrel on the guns of the people inside curved and they would stick their guns out the holes in the tank and shoot the enemy when they were running onto the tank.

i stole this sig

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-06-13 06:10:31

At 5/26/09 05:29 PM, foxkitaxel wrote:
Can anybody curve a bullet?

Funny you ask, they just did a Mythbusters on this.

No, you cannot curve a bullet.

Response to The Gun Club 2009-06-14 13:22:01

At 6/13/09 06:10 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Funny you ask, they just did a Mythbusters on this.

they were trying to do it like that Wanted movie which was just stupid

yes you can and i explained how in my post just above yours, i have also seen shooting exhobitionists shoot into a curved tube that was like 50 yards away and it curved the bullet and popped a ballon, it was pretty cool.

i stole this sig

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-06-14 15:32:10

At 6/14/09 01:22 PM, dobo69 wrote:
At 6/13/09 06:10 AM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Funny you ask, they just did a Mythbusters on this.

That was the point. They bust stuff that happens in movies.

yes you can and i explained how in my post just above yours, i have also seen shooting exhobitionists shoot into a curved tube that was like 50 yards away and it curved the bullet and popped a ballon, it was pretty cool.

Well yea of course you can curve it if you put something in its way that will physically move the bullet. But you can't curve the bullet by moving your gun around or just thinking about it, that's what I was saying.

Response to The Gun Club 2009-06-14 17:21:03

At 6/14/09 03:32 PM, SpiffyMasta wrote: Well yea of course you can curve it if you put something in its way that will physically move the bullet. But you can't curve the bullet by moving your gun around or just thinking about it, that's what I was saying.

i guess we interpreted the question differently

i stole this sig

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-06-15 03:47:38

One of my favorite quotes, I thought you may enjoy it Spiffy.
I hate war only as a soldier can. One who has seen it's brutality, it's futility, it's stupidity - Ike

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-06-15 13:51:03

At 6/14/09 01:22 PM, dobo69 wrote:

yes you can and i explained how in my post just above yours

Not exactly.

The curved barrels they put on tank crews' MP40s wouldn't 'curve' the bullet. What happened was the bullet hit the curved corner, fractured and ricocheted out and sort of acted like buckshot.

I read up on that a while back. Can't find where it was, though. :l

GT - mousseNG | Steam - mousseng

BBS Signature

Response to The Gun Club 2009-06-15 15:34:11

Hey I'd like to join. Got a few guns of my own- both real and airsoft. I have an airsoft version of my favorite gun (M4 carbine) a .22, and a 12 gauge shotgun. Since I'm 15 though I'm mainly into airsoft :D

Check out the flaming atom forums! A growing community of youtubers, with interesting discussions and a minecraft server. http://forum.flamingatom.com/index/

BBS Signature