New Topic Respond to this Topic
RadicalOne17
RadicalOne17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:39 PM Reply

I would like to clear some things up regarding Newground's feelings towards Christians. You think they're stupid, you probably don't like them, and you want them to stop preaching. *Please read the entire thing before flaming on me, thank you.

33% of the world is Christian.
That's 2.2 billion people.
of that 33%, only 5% are actually Christian.

Of the 5%, these people go day to day living their lives for god, they live for him and follow the bible.
The latter just says I'm christian, i've read some of the bible, and I go to church every christmas and easter.
These people are generally the stupid ones. Yes, the ones that have a book burning, and the deep south redneck ones you see.

So Radicalone, your calling christians stupid? Sort of, I'm calling a great deal of them stupid and being carnal. Chances are, you've rarely come into contact with the 5% christians I'm talking about. You would have to talk to the people who actually preach if you want to meet them.

heres what the 5% believes: God saved me, and I'm forever indebted to him. he loves me, and I love him back. but I still have to work for god and show him that I love him and thank him for everything hes done. Being a christian can be hard sometimes but its worth it.

here's what the latter believes: God loves me so much! I love god too. and just because I love god i'm a christian and I got to heaven forever! golly, being a christian is fun and easy!

Not true. Not only are they wrong, but they make other christians look bad. They can believe in god, and praise him every christmas and easter, or every sunday. but they aren't true christians. meaning, if it were judgement day, they'd go to hell and be like WTF GOD.

so, i hoped this cleared some things up for you. possibly you had some prejudice because one of the "stupid christians" i talked about tried to preach to you while not even knowing what they were talking about.

Facist pig.

BBS Signature
Strength
Strength
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:40 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:39 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote: I would like to clear some things up regarding Newground's feelings towards Christians.

Please stop right there before this gets out of hand.

ok

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:43 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:40 PM, Strength wrote:
At 5/2/09 02:39 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote: I would like to clear some things up regarding Newground's feelings towards Christians.
Please stop right there before this gets out of hand.

He didn't listen....

God help his poor soul now.

no pun intended
Proottalfain
Proottalfain
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:44 PM Reply

The 5% are kind, but stupid people.

The rest of the 33% are just stupid.

My signature was old so I changed it.

BBS Signature
aninjaman
aninjaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate

Take this debate to one of the threads in politics.
Seeing to many religous debate threads makes me sick.

andhination
andhination
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate

At 5/2/09 02:39 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote: I would like to clear some things up regarding Newground's feelings towards Christians. You think they're stupid, you probably don't like them, and you want them to stop preaching. *Please read the entire thing before flaming on me, thank you.

Stopped reading because I know that you're either going to spew some bullshit about how you're a better christian than everyone else, or that most christians are actually atheists and we should feel sorry for the actualy believers.

BBS Signature
RadicalOne17
RadicalOne17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:45 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:44 PM, aninjaman wrote: Take this debate to one of the threads in politics.

i considered it, but i didn't think this fell under politics.

Facist pig.

BBS Signature
RadicalOne17
RadicalOne17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:46 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:44 PM, andhination wrote:
At 5/2/09 02:39 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote: I would like to clear some things up regarding Newground's feelings towards Christians. You think they're stupid, you probably don't like them, and you want them to stop preaching. *Please read the entire thing before flaming on me, thank you.

Stopped reading because I know that you're either going to spew some bullshit about how you're a better christian than everyone else, or that most christians are actually atheists and we should feel sorry for the actualy believers.

not true. if you would have continued reading, you would see it's quite the opposite. in a way, i was apologizing on behalf of a lot of people.

Facist pig.

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:50 PM Reply

Whenever I get into arguments about religion I am classified as someone who is ignorant and unable to accept personal opinions. But when we are both given the same information and we don't come to the same conclusion this just shocks me. I think the majority of Christians are misinformed and stubborn. If they are so fucking Christian why not just pick up a copy of the God Delusion. If you're right then you have nothing to lose. Speaking of the God Delusion, I was carrying a copy of that around at school and a peer ACTUALLY told me that I should read that. This is fucking censorship. There is nothing else to it. Censorship is the act of prohibiting information. And if some Christians get their way then we will be seeing a lot more of that.

This whole thing stems back to information. It shouldn't be used in the wrong hands. Anybody who just reads the Bible and blindly accepts it is a moron. Anybody who just reads The God Delusion and blindly accepts that is also a moron. You have to consider both sides of anything to make a decision, but it seems that idiots rarely do this. Our society is so fucking backwards...

andhination
andhination
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:46 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote:
At 5/2/09 02:44 PM, andhination wrote:

not true. if you would have continued reading, you would see it's quite the opposite. in a way, i was apologizing on behalf of a lot of people.

I just read on, and you were spewing bullshit about how you're a better christian than everyone else, and need to apologise for them being ignorant.
Fuck you, get off the high horse.

BBS Signature
aninjaman
aninjaman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:45 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote:
At 5/2/09 02:44 PM, aninjaman wrote: Take this debate to one of the threads in politics.
i considered it, but i didn't think this fell under politics.

Neither are the current religion threads but they are still there.

GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:51 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:50 PM, GiantDouche wrote: Speaking of the God Delusion, I was carrying a copy of that around at school and a peer ACTUALLY told me that I shouldn't read that.

Sorry about that. The latter didn't make much sense. I have been having that problem lately. Fucking ADHD.

RadicalOne17
RadicalOne17
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 02:55 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:50 PM, andhination wrote: I just read on, and you were spewing bullshit about how you're a better christian than everyone else, and need to apologise for them being ignorant.

i feel sorry for you.

Facist pig.

BBS Signature
Gorgorothx
Gorgorothx
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 03:00 PM Reply

Why believe in something that you don't actually know is there? Sounds like stupidity to me.

Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:55 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote: i feel sorry for you.

Holier than thou.

BBS Signature
andhination
andhination
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 03:01 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:55 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote:
At 5/2/09 02:50 PM, andhination wrote: I just read on, and you were spewing bullshit about how you're a better christian than everyone else, and need to apologise for them being ignorant.
i feel sorry for you.

Whys that? Because I'm a bad Christian, even though I'm not? You're an idiot. Yeah, there are idiots like that. But to say that's the majority, thats just ridiculous.
Stop being absolutely convinced you're a lump of gold in a pit full of coal. The majority of Christians are the first of the two things you described.
I'd like to feel sorry for you, but you're coming across as such a prat that I can't.

BBS Signature
NeverHundred
NeverHundred
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 03:10 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:39 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote: heres what the 5% believes: God saved me, and I'm forever indebted to him. he loves me, and I love him back. but I still have to work for god and show him that I love him and thank him for everything hes done. Being a christian can be hard sometimes but its worth it.

From an Athiests perspective that sounds pretty stupid. Seriously they see a person who believes in something that doesn't exist, and they actually devote time and energy for a salvation that never comes. Therfor I'd suspect most athiests might think the other 33% who say they believe but don't waste there energy might be more intelligent.

But hey, I've met your kind... the born agian Christians and quite a few of them are smart. And I've met other Christians with differant views of what religion maens to them and how much spirituality they need in there life and quite afew of these people are also intelligent.

The thing is when an Athiest meets one of these christians who are well spoken and intelligent they always ask themselves, "How can this person believe in something so illogical." The reason is that everyone needs something to hold on to in life, something to believe in. For some science and reason is enough, for others they need faith.

BBS Signature
GiantDouche
GiantDouche
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 03:18 PM Reply

Besides Christians make themselves look bad by dedicating their lives to a bullshit cause with no factual evidence backing it up. That sounds pretty stupid to me.

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:48 PM Reply

i'd say i'd have to agree but then again the title does say it all. I say that because those are two words that don't work in the same sentence lol "Chritianity" and "Newgrounds" lol

IrishGun
IrishGun
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 04:56 PM Reply

I'm Christian.

Some Christians do make us look bad, but I don't really care.

Stereotypically, they'll say every person on Earth is a gift or something.

I agree with them. Although, some of them are pretty terrible gifts.

I'm not really sure if I'm either of the 28% or the 5%.

#sweg
#huzzledongs
#sweg

BBS Signature
Liquid5150
Liquid5150
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Audiophile
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:03 PM Reply

You remind me of me when I was younger.

Can't get to heaven

"This is my Kung Fu, and it is strong."

BBS Signature
yurgenburgen
yurgenburgen
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Artist
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:14 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 02:39 PM, RadicalOne17 wrote: possibly you had some prejudice because one of the "stupid christians" i talked about tried to preach to you while not even knowing what they were talking about.

To be honest, from your descriptions of 'both' types of Christian, there isn't really much difference between the two. Their fundamental beliefs are still the same, is just that one Christian is even more mindless than the other.

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:15 PM Reply

SO far it's more or less what I think.

What ? So there are double christians ?
I sense some strong bullshit coming around the corner.

Of the 5%, these people go day to day living their lives for god, they live for him and follow the bible.
The latter just says I'm christian, i've read some of the bible, and I go to church every christmas and easter.

Pretty fucking much, I despise the acts of the first group more by the way.

These people are generally the stupid ones. Yes, the ones that have a book burning, and the deep south redneck ones you see.
So Radicalone, your calling christians stupid?

It's "you're", as in a contraction of "you are"

Sort of, I'm calling a great deal of them stupid and being carnal. Chances are, you've rarely come into contact with the 5% christians I'm talking about. You would have to talk to the people who actually preach if you want to meet them.

I saw videos on youtube about preachers, they must be the biggest assholes I've ever seen.

heres what the 5% believes: God saved me, and I'm forever indebted to him. he loves me, and I love him back. but I still have to work for god and show him that I love him and thank him for everything hes done.

These people are just moron that "think" they were somehow saved, this dosen,t prove god.

Being a christian can be hard sometimes but its worth it.

How is it worth it ?

here's what the latter believes: God loves me so much! I love god too. and just because I love god i'm a christian and I got to heaven forever! golly, being a christian is fun and easy!

Are you a part of those 5% faggots that pretend they are better christians just because they somehow believe MORE ?

Not true. Not only are they wrong, but they make other christians look bad.

No, it's YOU the fucking stupid extremists that make christians look bad, I have no real problems with the "casual" christians.

They can believe in god, and praise him every christmas and easter, or every sunday. but they aren't true christians.

They are as much as you, but i get why you like being a christian, it's because it gives you the power to judge other people.

meaning, if it were judgement day, they'd go to hell and be like WTF GOD.

No, because this place dosen,t exist.

so, i hoped this cleared some things up for you. possibly you had some prejudice because one of the "stupid christians" i talked about tried to preach to you while not even knowing what they were talking about.

You do not seem to know what you are talking about either bro.

levusbevus
levusbevus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Musician
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 05:54 PM Reply

My god, you only have to say the word "Religion" on the internet and you'll get about 50 people having an argument.

Prepare for unforeseen consequences.

BBS Signature
Rad
Rad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 06:24 PM Reply

I really hope people don't confuse me with the OP for an alt or something.

First blood! First topic of 2010!
KC Green has just won my heart.
Kogey made a sig, but it was too much for me to handle.

Lost-Chances
Lost-Chances
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 07:41 PM Reply

I say I died inside when I saw a shop today which advertised "Christian science" books.

This too will pass.
Memento mori

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 08:13 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 07:41 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: I say I died inside when I saw a shop today which advertised "Christian science" books.

Chriasitn Science is an oxymoron.

AlexisGOAR
AlexisGOAR
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 08:17 PM Reply

Thanks man!!! U rrock!!! confroting the unbelievers isreally hard,but you just didit thanks!!! God bless u

TheWakkatic
TheWakkatic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 08:17 PM Reply

At 5/2/09 08:13 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 5/2/09 07:41 PM, Lost-Chances wrote: I say I died inside when I saw a shop today which advertised "Christian science" books.
Chriasitn Science is an oxymoron.

I find it ironic that most of Western Science originated from Monks studying God's creation, but now Science is the biggest thing Christians feel they have to compete with.

Anyway, it's just something someone follows. Really, who cares what other people believe?

Sensationalism
Sensationalism
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds on Christianity May. 2nd, 2009 @ 08:21 PM Reply

What's worse is the homeschooled kids that are taught from those books.

The sig that I'm wearin? Awesomely made by Skaren!
Also, I like annoying Americans by calling English football "real football" and American football "rugby".-Lost-Chances

BBS Signature