Bl00dRedKnife
Bl00dRedKnife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Broken Steel Dlc 2009-04-30 23:28:02 Reply

This is some bullshit right here.

Many of you have already, or will, heard about the third DLC in the Fallout 3 series called Broken Steel.

Let me just get to the point: They want us to pay $10 for an extended storyline, more items, and the worst part, 10 additional maximum level.

And no, I'm not talking about the regular DLC storylines. This shit actually continues from Project Purity, giving players who has already finished the game more chance to play.

What's so ripoff about this? The fact that many of us were already taken by surprise, not knowing that the game would have ended right then after Project Purity, it was an unfortunate epidemic among many thousands who had to start all over again.

No one wants to pay money to extend what was rightfully ours from the start. If people want to finish the game, then fuck they'll finish the game. But what people don't want is the game ending after the storyline is finished, especially in an RPG game.

Let us pay $10 for more items, side-quests, and achievements. But for fuck's sake, don't leave us hanging here locked inside the final room with nothing else to do.

GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature
AlkaSeltzer
AlkaSeltzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-04-30 23:31:28 Reply

You aren't locked inside the final room, you can leave it. Even if you finish the game you can always load the previous autosave.

BBS Signature
masterchef56
masterchef56
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-04-30 23:44:53 Reply

Damn! It's 10$? I thought they might make it free. Damn. Or at least 5$ or something cheap.

You guys are all real swell.

BBS Signature
SniperWolf1564
SniperWolf1564
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-04-30 23:52:38 Reply

I'm lucky I got into Fallout 3 late then.

Blowing $10 on this DLC.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.
Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature
slackerzac
slackerzac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-04-30 23:56:19 Reply

And so it begins, the time of reckoning is apon us. A thousand years of darkness where the game developers will sell the ending to games through DLC to make more profit of a game and a foolish attempt to destroy piracy of video games. The end of days is nigh and soon the video game industry's head will be shoved so far up its on ass it will choke on its on excrement.

BBS Signature
slackerzac
slackerzac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-04-30 23:58:48 Reply

At 4/30/09 11:56 PM, slackerzac wrote: And so it begins, the time of reckoning is apon us. A thousand years of darkness where the game developers will sell the ending to games through DLC to make more profit of a game and a foolish attempt to destroy piracy of video games. The end of days is nigh and soon the video game industry's head will be shoved so far up its own ass it will choke on its on excrement.

REPENT!!! REPENT!!! ALL SINNERS WILL BURN IN ETERNAL HELL FIRE UNTIL THE END OF TIME!!!

sorry for the double post.

BBS Signature
DM692
DM692
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Audiophile
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 00:08:14 Reply

"Puppies! is a perk that is to be added to Fallout 3 with the Broken Steel DLC.

With this perk Dogmeat is reincarnated as a puppy every time he dies and can be added back to your group in certain areas like Vault 101's entrance."

There is only one way to express my feelings...

=D

BBS Signature
slackerzac
slackerzac
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 00:32:26 Reply

At 5/1/09 12:08 AM, DM692 wrote: "Puppies! is a perk that is to be added to Fallout 3 with the Broken Steel DLC.

With this perk Dogmeat is reincarnated as a puppy every time he dies and can be added back to your group in certain areas like Vault 101's entrance."

There is only one way to express my feelings...

=D

So Dogmeat is now a self-impregnating hermafadite?

BBS Signature
Jesus-Owns-X
Jesus-Owns-X
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Melancholy
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 01:15:29 Reply

Fuckin love some fallout 3 whining

Serious business in here.
Contrary to popular belief, I'm not religious. My friend picked my name.

BBS Signature
Ungar
Ungar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 03:34:58 Reply

If you have the PC, you can get the free play after main quest mod, amazing!

HTML you may use <a> link

BBS Signature
iMini
iMini
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Movie Buff
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 03:54:28 Reply

Fuck you because Anchorage and The Pitt only added new quests and items while Broken Steel adds new quest, extended ending, increased level cap, new items and new abilities?

illicit makes a damn good signature.

BBS Signature
KartoTolmex
KartoTolmex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 13:34:25 Reply

Jeez, talk about drama queens (you all know who I'm referring to.)

To keep this as short as possible;

Video games haven't changed in price for 15 years, in fact they've gone down (SNES & Mega Drive games retailed at £50.00).

If you have even the remotest understanding of inflation, you'll understand this equates to an actual decrease in the cost per item per capita. (In simple terms £1 today is £10 yesterday).

Then you also have the increase in price of production, as technology becomes more advanced, it becomes more complicated to create. Gone are the 3 man bedroom teams, hello to the 100+ corporations.

DLC is the cheapest manner to present a game, no packaging, distribution or retailer percentages to consider (bar your channel provider).

In other words, for business sense this is the only way forward, to offer episodic content.

Do you bitch about series 2 of a programme coming out? A sequel to a film? A second book?

Fuck me, PC games have been doing expansions for years.

And one final point, no-one's forcing you to buy this. It's not like they'll release an auto-update banning you from playing the game is it? Whiny little bitches.

warshark
warshark
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Gamer
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 14:18:22 Reply

At 5/1/09 03:54 AM, H-A-X-O-R-Z wrote: Fuck you because Anchorage and The Pitt only added new quests and items while Broken Steel adds new quest, extended ending, increased level cap, new items and new abilities?

Exactly. Personally can't wait, although I really want to find the 3 ingots i'm missing before broken steel comes out.

Sig made by simon <3
360 Gamertag - Warshark NG
PSN ID - xI_Warshark_Ix

BBS Signature
SniperWolf1564
SniperWolf1564
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Gamer
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 14:59:21 Reply

At 5/1/09 01:34 PM, KartoTolmex wrote: Fuck me, PC games have been doing expansions for years.

Too bad that most console gamers don't know about that.

Just like how every moronic Xbox 360 fanboy acted like how game installations was the newest thing around.

Want to play something or just chat? Click here. For all the daily shit that happens in my life, click here.
Achievement Whore Status: 47th place as of 05/18/09

BBS Signature
BlueFlameSkulls
BlueFlameSkulls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 15:05:27 Reply

This is quite a good deal considering what DLC has been like lately.

£4 for a fucking costume in Street Fighter 4. Still it's everybody's fault for downloading horse armour.

Fezz
Fezz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 15:43:39 Reply

No one's making you buy it.

Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 16:04:56 Reply

Uh, it cost the developers money to make. And it's not like RE5, where the shit was already on the disk.

Just thinking that I wasted $5 on RE5 vesuses mode makes me frustrated... lol...

But yeah, I've got 800 points stashed away for Broken Steel. From what I've seen they're adding some new enemies as well, which is more than can be said for The Fucking Waste of Money P.O.S Pitt, which had 1 new enemy and about 2 hours of gameplay tops.

Shnam
Shnam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 22:50:05 Reply

So you didn't mind The Pitt and Anchorage having less? What the fuck kind of logic is that?

Thnx for the sig ParadoxVoid
i look like a ballplaya

BBS Signature
kirbykiller4
kirbykiller4
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 22:55:50 Reply

At 4/30/09 11:28 PM, Bl00dRedKnife wrote:
No one wants to pay money to extend what was rightfully ours from the start. If people want to finish the game, then fuck they'll finish the game. But what people don't want is the game ending after the storyline is finished, especially in an RPG game.

Because as we all know,fallout 3 was the first game that forcibly ended after you beat it.

I'm a dragon
BoshansStudios made this awesome sig.
My gamertag is Kirbykiller13,add me,we'll go hard and kill some scrubs.

BBS Signature
Overlord32
Overlord32
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 23:07:10 Reply

The worst part is, PS3 owners don't even get the option of having an extended story/increased level cap etc.

quite the annoyance
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 23:15:24 Reply

From what I hear I think it'll be worth the money. Hell I even heard they considered raising the price.

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
WilliWowza
WilliWowza
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 23:16:38 Reply

The Prince of Persia trend of paying addtional money for the 'real' ending seems to be catching on. I'll wait until all 3 DLC are bundled together cheaply until I buy any of them.

He'd Look Just Like You'd Want Him Too, Some Kind of Slick Chrome American Prince.
Tweet//LastFM//Qwantz//Blog

BBS Signature
animehater
animehater
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-01 23:18:45 Reply

At 4/30/09 11:28 PM, Bl00dRedKnife wrote: Let us pay $10 for more items, side-quests, and achievements.

That's exactly what they're doing with Broken steel. What, did you expect them to only change the ending cinematic? THEY ARE ADDING AN ENTIRE EPILOGUE QUEST WITH NEW ENCOUNTERS AND UNMARKED QUEST IN ADDITION TO NEW AREAS TO EXPLORE!

"Communism is the very definition of failure." - Liberty Prime.

BBS Signature
KartoTolmex
KartoTolmex
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Broken Steel Dlc 2009-05-02 06:00:14 Reply

At 5/1/09 11:16 PM, WilliWowza wrote: The Prince of Persia trend of paying addtional money for the 'real' ending seems to be catching on. I'll wait until all 3 DLC are bundled together cheaply until I buy any of them.

PoP epilogue wasn't a real ending at all, anyone who wasn't brain dead would know that. It's a shameless add on for a couple of hours more fun at a much higher difficulty.

It challenged me at parts (more so than the actual campaign), but story wise it adds fuck all.