00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

markololohands just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now)

3,770 Views | 52 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Hellooo, before I get started with promo spiel I just wanted to say that I've asked Rucklo permisson to start this thread and he kindly agreed, cheers Ruckie:)

NEW EP RELEASED (27-04-09) 'TIED UP TO MACHINES'

You can download a trk from my EP for free here at Newgrounds just click this link and it'll take you to the Song page: 1M4G7RGUY

Chris Weeks returns once again as Kingbastard, with a stunning new EP that has style, melody and deft production skills in abundance, delivering a sound that's exciting, fresh and at times mind boggling; Crunchy electronics and quirky synthpop melodies are expertly woven together with retro glitchy flashbacks to the 80's. Comparisons have been made with contemporary artists Thom Yorke, Aphex Twin & The Flashbulb but his imaginative union of playful melodies, harsh electronics, live instrumentation/vocals and darkly ethereal ambience sees him looking out from a plateau all of his own.
(Herb Recordings)

Tracklisting:
1. BOOMBOX
2. F47G4M3R
3. THE CAPTCHA
4. 4M813N7RK
5. THE SECRET LIFE OF MACHINES
6. 1M4GTRGUY
7. SAY WHEN

Available now @ Boomkat, iTunes & all good digital download stores.
also available on Limited Editon CD only £5 from www.kingbastard.co.uk)

Released by: Herb Recordings www.herbrecordings.com
Distributed by: Cargo Records www.cargorecords.co.uk

Keep your eyes and ears open for a Feature/Interview with Kingbastard and EP Review in next months 'Clash Magazine' www.clashmusic.com and an exclusive Electronic mix by Kingbastard for Clash.

Enjoy and hope I don't piss anyone off too much with this shameless self-promotion, but hey, I'm a struggling music maker so I have to do all I can to get attention:)

KB

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-28 11:14:50

YEEEEEEeeeeee..... !!!!
Congratz, you bastard ! You made it !

Finaly, another NG music fa... brother who got himself "out there".
Can you make it available on NG store ?

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-28 11:51:21

At 4/28/09 11:14 AM, sorohanro wrote: YEEEEEEeeeeee..... !!!!
Congratz, you bastard ! You made it !

Finaly, another NG music fa... brother who got himself "out there".
Can you make it available on NG store ?

I'm not sure I'll have to have a word with Ruckie about that and see if he can speak to Tom:)

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-28 11:56:06

I was speaking with Tom about my album and was no problem with that.
A thing that you should arrange is with record label and distributors, to have their agreement over distributing album on NG.
I arranged also that with the record label I'm signed, they sent me several CD's for me to send to NG store (I know, kind of many trips... eh well...) and now I'm waiting for almost two weeks (f@#ing crappy postal service).

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-28 12:46:41

I think Ive got $80 credit on the NG store so I would happily buy this album when I buy Sorohanro's if its made available there. :D

Congrats dude!

Hi there my name is not Bill.

BBS Signature

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-28 13:09:35

this music is filled up with <3

if you haven't heard this bastards music, i strongly suggest you at least go check out what he have uploaded right here on NG. When you've done that, you'll be sold, and simply must buy his stuff.

its true, im an addict :(

it would kick extra ass if there would be KB-CD's for sale via NG store!!! TOM, YOU KNOW WHAT TO DO!!! :D

Wakka wakka

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-28 16:40:53

At 4/28/09 12:46 PM, curriemaster wrote: I think Ive got $80 credit on the NG store so I would happily buy this album when I buy Sorohanro's if its made available there. :D

Congrats dude!

Thanks man, hopefully i can get it sorted and get it on here:)

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-29 01:39:43

Saw KB on the forums.

Bump

Report Songs|Submit Ideas|How Erkie reviews|

94% of posts made in AF since 2005

BBS Signature

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-29 01:41:14

Yaaaaaaaaaaay more kb stuff, more stuff for me to spend money on. :D

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-29 06:43:26

At 4/29/09 01:41 AM, SolusLunes wrote: Yaaaaaaaaaaay more kb stuff, more stuff for me to spend money on. :D

spend away!!! hehee :P

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-30 07:19:56

grats bro! I always buy Clash so I'll keep an eye out, which issue will it be in?

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-30 12:04:09

I've been wanting to buy this, but alas i have no money left in my paypal account :(

Don't worry I will eventually ;)

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-30 12:43:02

Track 6 is oddly resembles my user name

'1M4G7RGUY' ~ = RyeGuy(Head)

"I am for (?) RyeGuy"

How did you come up with the titles for that track, "4M813N7RK" and "F47G4M3R"? I am sure there is a method to your madness and I am quite intrigued...

(I know the world doesn't revolve around me but if you believe it does you feel much more important)

I'll be reviewing the song shortly, once i grab my headphones :D

Developer by day; Deviant by night

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-04-30 13:49:48

At 4/30/09 12:43 PM, RyeGuyHead wrote: Track 6 is oddly resembles my user name

'1M4G7RGUY' ~ = RyeGuy(Head)

"I am for (?) RyeGuy"

How did you come up with the titles for that track, "4M813N7RK" and "F47G4M3R"? I am sure there is a method to your madness and I am quite intrigued...

I basically bastardized a form of Leet Speak. I was at the time being frustrated by Captchas, you know, those annoying little word and number codes you have to fill in to login to certain sites; I took influence from them to create a few trk names for the EP.

1M4G7RGUY = IM A GUITAR GUY
4M813N7RK = AMBIENT TRACK
F47G4M3R = FAT GAMER

so you can kinda see my loose logic working there:)

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-01 05:58:29

I'm not trying to be a sarcastic dick or anything but i'm just trying to get the rules straight. If I get a release i can make a thread about it rather than put it in the audio advertisement thread?

BBS Signature

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-01 06:26:27

At 5/1/09 05:58 AM, HardcoreCap wrote: I'm not trying to be a sarcastic dick or anything but i'm just trying to get the rules straight. If I get a release i can make a thread about it rather than put it in the audio advertisement thread?

Highly likey as long as you ask permission from one of the Mods first, I've been around a while too:)

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-01 15:58:29

At 4/30/09 07:19 AM, Amoeboy wrote: grats bro! I always buy Clash so I'll keep an eye out, which issue will it be in?

Hey man, long time no speak!
Hopefully be in the May Issue out 7/05/2009, I should be in the 'Ones to Watch' section and also a review of my EP in the review section too.
The mix i;ve done will be on their site a little later in May I believe.

Take it easy man

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-01 17:16:37

At 5/1/09 06:26 AM, Kingbastard wrote:
Highly likey as long as you ask permission from one of the Mods first, I've been around a while too:)

werd, thanks buddy!

BBS Signature

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-02 04:28:02

At 5/1/09 05:16 PM, HardcoreCap wrote:
At 5/1/09 06:26 AM, Kingbastard wrote:
werd, thanks buddy!

Actually it's normal that NG forum regulars to make threads about BIG events, like having an album out(I'm talking about getting signed to a record label not self producing).
This can actually make the other artists to take more serious their job and help Newgrounds to get more prestigious.

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-02 13:48:16

Quick Update: Spoke to Tom and he's going to be putting my CD up for sale through the NG Store in the not too distant future, I just have to send them cross the water first, so keep an eye out if your interested in buying, I'll update again once they're sent, if only just to keep the thread alive:P

Here's the graphics for the CD...

KB

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-02 21:15:50

I really like the art. Such a change from the usual looks.

BBS Signature

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-03 00:24:28

At 5/2/09 01:48 PM, Kingbastard wrote: Spoke to Tom and he's going to be putting my CD up for sale through the NG Store in the not too distant future

FFS I wish I could use PayPal in the store :( I want some NG Merch, and I'd definitely get in on this action. Congratulations, man. I guess I have another reason to go get a credit card now :P

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-03 07:28:09

At 5/2/09 09:15 PM, SmdSkata wrote: I really like the art. Such a change from the usual looks.

Thanks v.much. I do all my own graphics, so that's good to hear:)

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-03 07:31:55

At 5/3/09 12:24 AM, snayk wrote:
At 5/2/09 01:48 PM, Kingbastard wrote: Spoke to Tom and he's going to be putting my CD up for sale through the NG Store in the not too distant future
FFS I wish I could use PayPal in the store :( I want some NG Merch, and I'd definitely get in on this action. Congratulations, man. I guess I have another reason to go get a credit card now :P

yeah. PayPal would be awesome on NG, you can use paypal on my site though:P
(my forum sig is a link to it in case you hadn't noticed:)

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-03 14:47:48

At 5/3/09 07:31 AM, Kingbastard wrote: yeah. PayPal would be awesome on NG, you can use paypal on my site though:P

Very interesting. Mayhaps I will do something about that once I start my new job in a couple of weeks.

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-03 15:09:42

At 5/3/09 07:31 AM, Kingbastard wrote: (my forum sig is a link to it in case you hadn't noticed:)

That's the LOL of the day man !

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-03 15:15:51

At 5/3/09 03:09 PM, sorohanro wrote:
At 5/3/09 07:31 AM, Kingbastard wrote: (my forum sig is a link to it in case you hadn't noticed:)
That's the LOL of the day man !

hahahaha

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-03 15:19:06

God damn I need money...
I vote you send me a free copy, Weeksy :) Unless someone wants to buy it for me?

The hippy artwork is very nice too. ;)

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-03 16:39:30

At 5/2/09 09:15 PM, SmdSkata wrote: I really like the art. Such a change from the usual looks.

I agree, it looks like watery paint or something. How'd ya do it?

Response to New Kingbastard Ep! (available Now) 2009-05-03 17:00:09

At 5/3/09 04:39 PM, SineRider wrote:
I agree, it looks like watery paint or something. How'd ya do it?

I start out using a lightweight printing paper that I attack with various colour inks, this paper is great as it's very thin and soaks up inks nicely so they run and bleed creating completely unique patterns and colours. I then draw on top of those coloured inks with permanent markers, black inks, paint pens etc.. I also attached other media, such as pages from my sketchbooks, printouts of letters and numbers, ... then I rip it all up and manipulate it onto a canvas using pva woodglue to stick it all down and layer it, which sets nice hard and clear giving a cool glossy finish and protection.
I then scanned that canvas in and took certain sections of it for the artwork of the CD. Tarting up the colours a little to make it more striking. There's a few examples of my canvases on my website or my other artwork on myspace.
Here's a pic of the original framed canvas I took the artwork from... :)