Be a Supporter!
Tropicalfruit
Tropicalfruit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
What happened? Apr. 15th, 2009 @ 01:41 PM Reply

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in for my situation. Excuse me if it is not.

Unfortunate for me, i have been left for 4 months without a computer. You may be wondering "What does Newgrounds have to do with this?" Well, what happened was: The last thing i was doing on my computer was playing a game on Newgrounds. I dont remember which game, i could look for it, but anyway, i was getting far into the game. Not realizing what i was doing, i scrolled down to see some comments on the game, WHILE I WAS PLAYING THE GAME. Duh, im an idiot. I've done this many times before, and what it lead to was breaking my computer. I get millions of errors which i cant close because they kept coming so i just held the power button. I've done that 3 times before, i didnt know what would happen the fourth time.

Im a student, and my computer was the one that controlled the printer and fax stuff. So now i cant print papers and neither can the rest of my family. My father thinks that all of the errors may have burned the motherboard to a point where it just blew up. Motherboards are expensive and the one i need is even worse because of my great hardware. It needs to fit 4 RAM cards, a 4790 graphics card, and some other hardware. My father is a computer wizz so im pretty sure he knows what he is doing. It's is going to take a very long time for me to get the motherboard because we are not even close to being rich.

If anyone else has experienced this, can you please confirm that it is the motherboard and nothing else. Thanks in advance.

Raguel
Raguel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 33
Blank Slate
Response to What happened? Apr. 15th, 2009 @ 01:43 PM Reply

At 4/15/09 01:41 PM, Tropicalfruit wrote: Not realizing what i was doing, i scrolled down to see some comments on the game, WHILE I WAS PLAYING THE GAME. Duh, im an idiot.

I really can't see that being the demise of your computer.

You must have had problems before that because the only real stress that that would put on your PC is switching from one window to another.

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to What happened? Apr. 15th, 2009 @ 03:26 PM Reply

At 4/15/09 01:41 PM, Tropicalfruit wrote: I'm not sure if this is the right forum to post in for my situation. Excuse me if it is not.

Unfortunate for me, i have been left for 4 months without a computer. You may be wondering "What does Newgrounds have to do with this?" Well, what happened was: The last thing i was doing on my computer was playing a game on Newgrounds. I dont remember which game, i could look for it, but anyway, i was getting far into the game. Not realizing what i was doing, i scrolled down to see some comments on the game, WHILE I WAS PLAYING THE GAME. Duh, im an idiot. I've done this many times before, and what it lead to was breaking my computer. I get millions of errors which i cant close because they kept coming so i just held the power button. I've done that 3 times before, i didnt know what would happen the fourth time.

Im a student, and my computer was the one that controlled the printer and fax stuff. So now i cant print papers and neither can the rest of my family. My father thinks that all of the errors may have burned the motherboard to a point where it just blew up. Motherboards are expensive and the one i need is even worse because of my great hardware. It needs to fit 4 RAM cards, a 4790 graphics card, and some other hardware. My father is a computer wizz so im pretty sure he knows what he is doing. It's is going to take a very long time for me to get the motherboard because we are not even close to being rich.

If anyone else has experienced this, can you please confirm that it is the motherboard and nothing else. Thanks in advance.

WELL I can't say that i've had that happened to me but i've had similiar situations of the kind happen to my parents computer. Of course their computer was a dinosaur and didn't want to run worth a shit either way but still playing games and watching movies would fuck it up some how some way. But as time went on and switched from computer to computer I found it it's not this site or anything of the sort it's just crappy fucking computers. Now that i have my laptop that out runs my parents PC i find it funny since i spend all day on this site where if i had done that with my parents it would fucked it all up :) It just comes down to computers and hardware :)

TheTrooper5
TheTrooper5
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to What happened? Apr. 15th, 2009 @ 04:00 PM Reply

You use a bloody...amiga or something?

Melkarid
Melkarid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to What happened? Apr. 15th, 2009 @ 04:01 PM Reply

I've scrolled down to the comments while watching/playing countless times.. Nothing bad ever happened.