New Topic Respond to this Topic
ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
I think we should be notified when Apr. 14th, 2009 @ 10:34 AM Reply

Your thread gets deleted. My post got deleted one time and I'm not complaining about that, but once i finished posting the page took a bit to load and when it loaded my thread wasn't there. I thought my internet had an error and the thread never posted so i re-made it and got banned for remaking a thread. I think we should get notified when our threads get deleted like when a comment gets deleted for whatever reason. Just to avoid this mishap.

i hope i wont get banned for this...

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
Ungar
Ungar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 14th, 2009 @ 10:55 AM Reply

At 4/14/09 10:47 AM, Xarnor wrote: That would be nice...

I agree...

HTML you may use <a> link

BBS Signature
Doomsday-One
Doomsday-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Programmer
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 14th, 2009 @ 11:16 AM Reply

If you want an automated system put in place, I suggest going to this thread to suggest it.

For the most part however, I think the path to take is simple; don't remake topics.
If it was deleted, then it probably was for a reason, and you shouldn't make the same thing again. Not noticing it existing (like the OP states) is an exception to an extent, but you'd have to have a pretty slow internet connection for that to happen; and when you think about the topic you've made, whether it was delete-worthy usually becomes apparant.
If it wasn't deleted, then it probably fell off the front page of the forum. Check your recent posts, and bump it if you think it warrants more discussion. But remaking something already there is stupid too.

And don't bump more than once or twice, you'll just be annoying people

If you're confused, you could always ask the mods online whether or not your topic was deleted (and if so, why), but be civil about it.

Doomsday-One, working on stuff better than preloaders. Marginally.

MultiCanimefan
MultiCanimefan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 14th, 2009 @ 12:00 PM Reply

But if we're notified when our thread gets deleted, the mods will have not have our confusion of wondering where it went to laugh at.

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 14th, 2009 @ 12:13 PM Reply

At 4/14/09 12:00 PM, MultiCanimefan wrote: But if we're notified when our thread gets deleted, the mods will have not have our confusion of wondering where it went to laugh at.

LOL yeah I'm pretty sure that's the reason right there lol. Shoot who knows maybe that is the reason or something lol.

AlkaSeltzer
AlkaSeltzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 14th, 2009 @ 12:19 PM Reply

I agree. I do not understand why the only automated PM is for Review deletion?

We could use it for; "Your Submission has been blammed/saved," "You are eligible to vote for the best of March," "Your Audio has been added to the Portal," etc.

BBS Signature
ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 12:42 AM Reply

Bumping this thread in hope of more support and for more opinions.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
Leidolfr
Leidolfr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 12:55 AM Reply

Yeah, mine always get locked or taken down for dumb things, i made an auto import crew and it was shut down instantly because they have a car group, thats totally broad and sucks. thats off topic to this, but i wanted to complain.

tarahloveshentai
tarahloveshentai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Gamer
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 12:59 AM Reply

I would love that.

Or when it gets locked or posts deleted from it. Because it's really unfair if someone makes a mistake such as you.

Participate in the NG V-day Card Exchange 2013 Last day to enter is Jan. 11th!

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 01:04 AM Reply

I've never had a thread deleted. I only post things that are fun, merit discussion, or are just plain awesome

If you do this, you will win at the internet and you wont have to worry.

Just don't make a new topic unless you think it will reach at least two pages. That's my rule of thumb.

ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 01:13 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 01:02 AM, Sanjay wrote: When your thread is deleted you get an error message saying the thread was deleted or never existed. Isn't that enough notification? Do you need a calculator to add 2 + 2?

I never got that error message unless i pasted a link to that thread on to my browser.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
TheJamoke
TheJamoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 01:18 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 01:04 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I've never had a thread deleted. I only post things that are fun, merit discussion, or are just plain awesome

You post in/make some of the worst topics around. Topics that I wouldn't waste the time it takes to read let alone reply to. You and others like you are drawn to them like moths to a flame. And I know for a fact you've had a thread deleted before as well.

BBS Signature
ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 01:21 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 01:18 AM, THEJamoke wrote:
At 4/17/09 01:04 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I've never had a thread deleted. I only post things that are fun, merit discussion, or are just plain awesome
You post in/make some of the worst topics around. Topics that I wouldn't waste the time it takes to read let alone reply to. You and others like you are drawn to them like moths to a flame. And I know for a fact you've had a thread deleted before as well.

Obviously i have since i stated i got banned for remaking it. And the hell is it with you implying i post in/make the worst topics around.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
WeHaveFreshCookies
WeHaveFreshCookies
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Game Developer
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 01:25 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 01:21 AM, ifureadthisdie wrote:
Obviously i have since i stated i got banned for remaking it. And the hell is it with you implying i post in/make the worst topics around.

He was talking to me. However, I will grant him that I AM guilty of attempting to post in most topics that I see. I sometimes rush this process, resulting in +1 posting. I'm sorry. When I joined, I swore that I wouldn't do that. I'll do better, I promise.

As for the topics I make, Meh. I enjoy them. I'm here to have fun, and they don't break any rules, so why not? It's not like I make a whole bunch of them. (Although today, I did reach my quota for the first time.)

ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 01:32 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 01:25 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 4/17/09 01:21 AM, ifureadthisdie wrote:
He was talking to me.

I should have really been paying more attention to that post, yet again i was rushing at the time i just skimmed and replied, well ill save you the time and ill call myself a gigantic idiot for you. I am a gigantic idiot.

lets not make this a bigger deal now

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 01:41 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 01:37 AM, Piss wrote: I think you should stop making threads that deserve getting deleted.

Everyone makes that mistake now and then and it only happened 3 or 4 times, not many people actually looks at the rules while posting to ensure they don't break one or actually remember all the rules (except for admins and mods usually), anyone is bound to break one once in a while and that happened to me, but i just thought what happened next was unfair and if there was an automatic system to notify you about it when it happens that problem would never happen again, if not then less than it usually does.

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
TheJamoke
TheJamoke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 02:50 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 1:31 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: I will grant you that I AM guilty of attempting to post in most topics that I see. I sometimes rush this process, resulting in +1 posting. I'm regretful now that this has been pointed out. When I joined, I swore that I wouldn't do that. I'll do better, I promise. You win.

It was never a contest.

I used to think you had some potential when you first showed up. But, like so many others, you inevitably fell into the habit of posting in any and every thread that comes to pass regardless of its actual worth. Weather it be from the statwhorish "must have high pots cont" mentality or from too much say and no where to put it (boredom) is you're own business. I simply prescribe to a different ethos where if a topic has less intellectual or humorous value than I care for I refrain from posting in it, especially if it looks like something that will eventually be deleted. Pick-and-choose.

As for the topics I make, Meh. I enjoy them. I'm here to have fun, and they don't break any rules, so why not? It's not like I spam. (Although today, I did reach my quota for the first time.)

A thread about a straw that vaguely resembles a penis that reached 3+ pages of contrived one-liners. I've seen well thought out dissertations on current events in the politics forum not get so high a response. To me, that is a shame. I cannot speak for anyone else, but to me it's a mite distasteful. By no means am I above the level of a good dick joke, though. I prefer comedy to be more subtle and thought out is all. It's not that it was a bad idea, lord knows there are others who have done the same thing (Better) (Best). But it's not the idea I didn't like, it was the execution of it. A good dick joke needs a good setup, even though others will ruin it eventually. It's all about the start rather than the finish.

BBS Signature
Bolo
Bolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 48
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 03:35 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 02:50 AM, THEJamoke wrote: But it's not the idea I didn't like, it was the execution of it. A good dick joke needs a good setup, even though others will ruin it eventually. It's all about the start rather than the finish.

It's all about never starting at all. Dick jokes are not funny. They have never been funny, and the only people who fund them funny are people who do not meet the minimum age requirement for Newgrounds account ownership. People who are above the age of 13 and find such jokes in any way humorous belong in segregated community for people who need the stupid beat out of them with billy clubs.

I'd be all for imposing draconian regulations on those people who would seek to proliferate these jokes in the public forums. They serve as nothing but a waste of bandwidth.

BBS Signature
LiquidFire
LiquidFire
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 43
Reader
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 04:17 AM Reply

It would be very nice!
I think you also should be notified when one of your posts gets deleted.
Cause some times when i log on, my post count is less then it was the day before, and i always wonder which one of my post is gone :(

ifureadthisdie
ifureadthisdie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Animator
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 12:28 PM Reply

At 4/17/09 04:17 AM, tally1989 wrote:
It would be very nice!

More support :D

The guy below me is gay

BBS Signature
Rai
Rai
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 12:32 PM Reply

yeah just a message to your inbox would be nice, if nothing else.

Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 12:49 PM Reply

Why are some threads deleted while others are simply locked?

Yeah, I'm with you on this. You should at least get it recorded in your comment section.

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

Gewglz
Gewglz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 12:53 PM Reply

I agree on this... things like that shouldn't happen

Thanks to Spartan204 for making my sig <:

BBS Signature
CacheHelper
CacheHelper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 01
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 12:57 PM Reply

At 4/17/09 01:02 AM, Sanjay wrote: When your thread is deleted you get an error message saying the thread was deleted or never existed. Isn't that enough notification? Do you need a calculator to add 2 + 2?

No, because you only get that message when you try to access that page. I don't make a topic and then just sit there and refresh that same page... I go elsewhere for a while and check back in later, after it's had some time to rack up replies.

It's when I try to go back, and I can't find it, that I get confused. Especially if it's deleted just a few minutes after being made. I often wonder if it was ever saved to the database... sometimes, you try again, which then results in a ban.

An automated PM would solve the issue.

Also, a reason as to why it was deleted would be nice... we're not mind readers, often times we don't know what we did wrong unless someone tells us.

sonicfeet1
sonicfeet1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 17th, 2009 @ 01:00 PM Reply

I don't think I've ever had a deleted thread-- but that would sure be a nice feature...

BBS Signature
Ericho
Ericho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Movie Buff
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 08:22 AM Reply

At 4/17/09 01:00 PM, sonicfeet1 wrote: I don't think I've ever had a deleted thread-- but that would sure be a nice feature...

Oh, you just wait until you make more posts!

You know the world's gone crazy when the best rapper's a white guy and the best golfer's a black guy - Chris Rock

SessileNomad
SessileNomad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 01:42 PM Reply

yeah i agree with that

sounds good

reveihca
reveihca
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 01:46 PM Reply

Wasn't it pretty obvious in the first place it had been deleted? Why would you remake a topic if the first one was no longer there? You don't need a notification, you need common sense.

CapnCrunchDaPimp
CapnCrunchDaPimp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 01:47 PM Reply

I agree. I loathe going through pages of threads and finally realizing that my topic just disappeared. It should be like a ban page, except it'll say "Your topic _____ has been locked, due to ______" when you try to use the forums on your login or something.

Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to I think we should be notified when Apr. 18th, 2009 @ 01:50 PM Reply

Unsatisfactory. Unless we save a link to the thread there is trace of it's existence. So if we're looking for a thread we posted in or made, we cannot find it.

I had the same problem the topic stater is making however it was regarding a post, not an entire thread, I even asked a mod about it, he said it might have been deleted, or it was an error. Assuming the latter I re-posted and got banned for 2 days.

Getting notifications on deletions is helpful and it's even being used on very simplistic forums.