Venomyz
Venomyz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 01:11:49 Reply

At 4/14/09 01:10 AM, Chimp-eat-me wrote: Should have added:

You can make life your heaven or hell.... doy!

Ah! yes that too.
i wonder how all this religion came up in the first place.

-Veno

Venomyz
Venomyz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 01:18:39 Reply

At 4/14/09 12:52 AM, BringMeTheDarkness wrote:
At 4/14/09 12:50 AM, shackles1 wrote:
Wowzers you are really pissing me off with your incredible stupidity.

My opinion: People like you should die.
Oh noes!! You dont agree with their opinion and therefore they have somehow lost their right to life in your eyes.

Dude, grow the fuck up.

:) Well said.

-Veno

NGCA
NGCA
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 01:18:44 Reply

At 4/14/09 01:11 AM, Venomyz wrote: i wonder how all this religion came up in the first place.

People didn't have the capacity to understand what was going on in nature - lightning, floods, existence, etc. And they didn't know why we were here and for what purpose. So to explain the happenings they created Gods. And to impose and enforce morals, they created stories and commandments and rules. It served its purpose and still does in a sense of teaching morality, but it's still just stories and fables at the end of the day.

At 4/14/09 12:25 AM, PikaRobo wrote: comitting suicide: Who are the braver ones?
The ones who are too afraid to find out what the rest of life is like?
Or the ones willing to take the chance to see what is on the other side?

The ones who live life regardless of how great or bad it is and then experience what's on the other side after braving this side.
Jumping ship early is cowardly or selfish depending on how you view it. Not brave.

Deadchick
Deadchick
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 01:22:35 Reply

At 4/14/09 01:09 AM, Chimp-eat-me wrote:
At 4/14/09 12:53 AM, Deadchick wrote: You die you die, and all you can see is just black and hear nothing.
I suppose you would know being a "deadchick" lol

But seriously, yeah - you rot and get eaten :D that's pretty much it

lol, I gotta remember that. Well yeah true words, you rot in the ground.

bodom-child
bodom-child
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 01:24:14 Reply

Once death occurs, human decomposition takes place in stages. The process of tissue breakdown may take from several days up to years. At all stages of decomposition, insect activity occurs on the body as detailed below.

The fresh stage of decomposition occurs during the first few days following the death. There are no physical signs of decomposition during this time. However, homeostasis of the body has ceased, allowing cellular and soft tissue changes to occur because of the process of autolysis, the destruction of cells and organs due to an aseptic chemical process. At this point, the body enters algor mortis, the cooling of the body's temperature to that of its surroundings. When the body's cells reach the final stage of autolysis, an anaerobic environment is created, that is, an environment wherein oxygen is not present. This allows the body's normal bacteria to break down the remaining carbohydrates, proteins, and lipids. The products from the breakdown create acids, gases, and other products which cause volatile organic compounds (VOCs), and putrefactive effects. VOCs are produced during the early stages of human decomposition.

Substances produced during the fresh stage of decomposition attract a variety of insects. Diptera insects begin to lay their eggs on the body during this stage, especially member of the Calliphoridae family of insects. If the body is on the ground or buried in soil there is also considerable insect activity by the insects that live in the soil around the body. The reasoning for this is simple: A dead human body serves as an excellent source of decaying matter to feed on and in such a hospitable environment.

Putrefaction

Odor, color changes, and bloating of the body during decomposition are the results of putrefaction. The lower part of the abdomen turns green due to bacteria activity in the cecum. Bacteria break down hemoglobin into sulfhemoglobin which causes the green color change. A formation of gases enters the abdomen which forces liquids and feces out of the body. The gases also enter the neck and face, causing swelling of the mouth, lips, and tongue. Due to this swelling and misconfiguration of the face, identification of the body can be difficult. Bacteria also enter the venous system causing blood to hemolyze. This leads to the formation of red streaks along the veins. This color soon changes to green, through a process known as marbelization. It can be seen on the shoulders, chest and shoulder area, and thighs. The skin can develop blisters containing serous fluid. The skin also becomes fragile, leading to skin slippage, making it difficult to move a body. Body hair comes off easily. The color change of the discoloration from green to brown marks the transition of the early stage of putrefaction to the advanced decompositional stages.

During the putrefaction stage of decomposition the majority of insect activity again comes from members of the Calliphoridae family, and includes Formicidae, Muscidae, Sphaeroceridae, Silphidae, Lepidoptera, Hymenoptera, Sarcophagidae, Histeridae, Staphylinidae, Phalangida, Piophilidae, Araneae, Sepsidae, and Phoridae. As with the fresh stage of decomposition if the body is on the ground or buried in soil there is also considerable insect activity by the soil-inhabiting arthropods.

Black putrefaction

After the body goes through the bloating stage it begins the black putrefaction stage. At this point the body cavity ruptures, the abdominal gases escape and the body darkens from its greenish color. These activities allow for a greater invasion of scavengers, and insect activity increases greatly. This stage ends as the bones become apparent, which can take anywhere from 10 to 20 days after death depending on region and temperature. This period is also dependent on the degree to which the body is exposed.

During the black putrefaction stage of decomposition, insects that can be found living in the body are Calliphoridae larvae, Staphylinidae, Histeridae, Gamasid mites, Ptomaphila, Trichopterygidae, Piophilid larvae, Parasitic wasps, Staphylinid larvae, Trichopterygid larvae, Histerid larvae, Ptomaphila larvae, Dermestes, Tyroglyphid mites, Tineid larvae, and the Dermestes larvae. Some insects can also be found living in the soil around the body such as Isopoda, Collembola, Dermaptera, Formicidae, Pseudoscorpiones, Araneae, Plectochetos, Acari, Pauropoda, Symphyla, Geophilidae, and Protura. The types of insects will differ based on where the body is, although Diptera larvae can be found feeding on the body in almost all cases.

Butyric fermentation
After the early putrefaction and black putrefaction phases have taken place, the body begins mummification, in which the body begins to dry out. The human carcass is first mummified, and then goes through adipocere formation. Adipocere (grave wax) formation refers to the loss of body odor and the formation of a cheesy appearance on the cadaver. Mummification is considered a post-active stage because there is less definite distinction between changes and they are indicated by reduced skin, cartilage, and bone. Mummification is also indicated when all of the internal organs are lost due to insect activity.

Insects that can be found on the body during mummification include most of the same insects as in putrefaction stage, but also include Acarina, Nitidulidae, Cleridae, Dermestes caninus, and Trogidae. The main soil-inhabiting arthropods include Dermaptera and Formicidae

Dry decay
When the last of the soft-tissue has been removed from the body, the final stage of decomposition, skeletonization, occurs. This stage encompasses the deterioration of skeletal remains, and is the longest of the decomposition processes. Skeletonization differs markedly from the previous stages, not only in length, but in the deterioration process itself.

The strength and durability of bone stems from the unique protein-mineral bond present in skeletal formation. Consequently, changes to skeletal remains, known as bone diagenesis, occur at a substantially slower rate than stages of soft-tissue breakdown. As the protein-mineral bond weakens after death, however, the organic protein begins to leach away, leaving behind only the mineral composition. Unlike soft-tissue decomposition, which is influenced mainly by temperature and oxygen levels, the process of bone breakdown is more highly dependent on soil type and pH, along with presence of groundwater. However, temperature can be a contributing factor, as higher temperature leads the protein in bones to break down more rapidly. If buried, remains decay faster in acidic-based soils rather than alkaline. Bones left in areas of high moisture content also decay at a faster rate. The water leaches out skeletal minerals, which corrodes the bone, and leads to bone disintegration.
At the dry decay stage commonly found insects include Sphaeroceridae, Acarina, Nitidulidae, Cleridae, Dermestes caninus, Trogidae, Tyroglyphid mites, and the Tineid larvae. The soil-inhabiting arthropods are Collembola, Dermaptera, Heteroptera, Coleoptera and their larvae, parasitic Hymenoptera, Formicidae, Diptera larvae, Pseudoscorpiones, Aranae, Plectochetos, Acari, Pauropoda, Symphyla, Geophilidae, Protura, and Aphididae

and anything else is a fairy tale.

BBS Signature
Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 01:26:53 Reply

At 4/14/09 12:04 AM, BringMeTheDarkness wrote: but now i understand that it is a necessary mechanism to keep things moving, to keep things going. We all like to think of ourselves as individuals, when really we are all part of a collective species. So yea, you may die, but keep in mind since there is no such thing as a true external motivation

Hold on. If you can go from saying we're all part of a collective to saying there is no true external motivation. Can't you just trade out whatever you want in place of the collective?

By your definition of 'true external,' not even God would provide a true external motivation.

And you start talking about necessity... but what's the necessity to keep things moving? The collective? For instance... opening a door is necessary to leave room A. That doesn't mean you have to open the door.

BBS Signature
BringMeTheDarkness
BringMeTheDarkness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 01:29:02 Reply

At 4/14/09 01:26 AM, Bacchanalian wrote:
Hold on. If you can go from saying we're all part of a collective to saying there is no true external motivation. Can't you just trade out whatever you want in place of the collective?

By your definition of 'true external,' not even God would provide a true external motivation.

And you start talking about necessity... but what's the necessity to keep things moving? The collective? For instance... opening a door is necessary to leave room A. That doesn't mean you have to open the door.

Individually, there is no external motivation.

Collectively, the motivation is to keep the species alive.

Bam, its that simple

Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 01:40:13 Reply

At 4/14/09 01:29 AM, BringMeTheDarkness wrote: Individually, there is no external motivation.

That seems a little... redundant. In any case I disagree that just because something isn't completely external you can't call it external. To your credit you did say "true external," but I'm still not completely clear on what this is saying about the collective and other things you mention.

Collectively, the motivation is to keep the species alive.

Bam, its that simple

Honestly, I find this motivation as individual as any other, and I also think it assumes too much about the imperatives we're pursuing when we have/raise children.

I'd put it this way: Collectively, the ongoing resultant... is that the species stays alive.

BBS Signature
BringMeTheDarkness
BringMeTheDarkness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 11:02:10 Reply

At 4/14/09 01:40 AM, Bacchanalian wrote:
That seems a little... redundant. In any case I disagree that just because something isn't completely external you can't call it external. To your credit you did say "true external," but I'm still not completely clear on what this is saying about the collective and other things you mention.
Honestly, I find this motivation as individual as any other, and I also think it assumes too much about the imperatives we're pursuing when we have/raise children.

I'd put it this way: Collectively, the ongoing resultant... is that the species stays alive.

Im putting an emphasis on the difference between the motivations of society as a whole and that of the individual being.

Alphabit
Alphabit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 11:56:45 Reply

At 4/13/09 11:59 PM, Venomyz wrote: (Excuse my mistake if this has been posted before, if i wasn't so damn lazy i would check.)

What is your opinion on death?

Death is good; I mean, sure a small minority of people don't deserve to die, but they're a small price to pay when you consider the enormous amount of human filth that is being cleansed from the face of the earth on a daily basis... It's almost rejuvenating really.

do you go to heaven with god?

No. God wouldn't make it that easy.

do you appear in some paradise?

If not existing is paradise, then sure.

maybe a buddha heaven?

He's too fat, the clouds couldn't support this much weight... Even in heaven.

or... you just die?

All human knowledge points to that conclusion.

I think, for the most part, you just die.
all this, heaven talk, is a load of bull, it was intended to bring hope so people wouldn't stop living and be depressed.

Exactly. Religion is a pretty useful tool for society in that way.

what do you think??

There are only two possible options:
- We die and just stop existing and perceiving anything; we're just no longer there FULL STOP
or
- Your brain structure just happens to resurface naturally in the universe after x amount of time and you are thereby allowed to once again interact with your environment as you do now; but you won't have any previous memory of your current life and will ask the same pointless questions about what happens after you die... The cycle of death and rebirth will continue for infinity. With that train of thought you could speculate that maybe you've existed infinitely many times in the past and you will continue to exist infinitely many lives in the future...

SO basically there are two options:
- Eternity of piece (not existing)
- Eternity of drama + chaos (reincarnation)

I'm pretty happy with both of them. I'm hoping we get the second option though but I won't care either way if I get the first lol (cos In that case I won't be around to have an opinion anymore lol).

Bla

Alphabit
Alphabit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 12:00:25 Reply

At 4/14/09 12:53 AM, Deadchick wrote: You die you die, and all you can see is just black and hear nothing.

That's incorrect; to see the color 'black' you'd have to be conscious; if you're not conscious then you can't see ANYTHING (not even black). In fact, once you die, even the concept of self becomes oblivious, so even the 'you' in 'you can just see black' is incorrect.

Bla

Alphabit
Alphabit
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 12:11:01 Reply

Also, just to be a bit optimistic; I want to point out that if you die, you will not be able to perceive the 'passing of time' anymore, therefore if you do eventually come back to life... No matter how long it's being since you last existed; it would seem like you were reincarnated directly after you last died (without any delay) (although you wont remember that you died before).

Bla

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 12:17:01 Reply

At 4/13/09 11:59 PM, Venomyz wrote: (Excuse my mistake if this has been posted before, if i wasn't so damn lazy i would check.)

What is your opinion on death?
do you go to heaven with god?
do you appear in some paradise?
maybe a buddha heaven?

or... you just die?

Well my opinion on death I'd have to say is that hey were are all gonna die one day. I mean there's nothing we can do about it cause when it's our time its our time ya know. I mean god has a plan for all of us and when it's that time. Kiss your ass good bye :) But yea i figured we'll go to some paradise limbo until otherwise told to do so

crushy
crushy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 12:21:51 Reply

It's not really the death part that sucks, more the slow ageing process beforehand.

BBS Signature
AloneDBY
AloneDBY
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 16:38:05 Reply

Every good thing needs to end.

But it's your fault if you had a shitty life.

...Darkness Behind You... An Italian Moron

BBS Signature
Lolzer
Lolzer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Gamer
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 16:46:12 Reply

It's dark everywhere and the devil is in front of you.... Always... Then the miss devil invites you to her bedroom. You have some good time but after that the devil will smite you because you took his wife. After that you will die again and appear in some chains, naked but no penis/vagina appearing... that's my appearance and imagination in heaven!

Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 21:31:39 Reply

At 4/14/09 11:02 AM, BringMeTheDarkness wrote: Im putting an emphasis on the difference between the motivations of society as a whole and that of the individual being.

I'm saying you're not just putting emphasis on them, you're inventing them.

Tell me... what is the difference between the individual motivation to er "keep the species alive" and the global motivation to er "keep the species alive"?

Assuming "keeping the species alive" is actually a motivation to begin with and not the RESULT OF VARIOUS OTHER MOTIVATIONS. Honestly. It's backwards logic if you're saying that "keeping the species alive" is a goal intrinsic to the collective. "Oh here's a result. It must be intended. Well, not by a God. I guess by some vague global identity."

At 4/14/09 11:56 AM, Alphabit wrote: I'm hoping we get the second option

How is cloning the same thing as reincarnating all of a sudden?

And exactly why would you prefer "reincarnation"?

BBS Signature
Yumaseven
Yumaseven
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 21:42:20 Reply

Heaven exists. But only a handful deserve to enter. Hell exists. And there's always a vacancy.

Sig courtesy of QuikFox

BBS Signature
BringMeTheDarkness
BringMeTheDarkness
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 21:50:52 Reply

At 4/14/09 09:31 PM, Bacchanalian wrote:
I'm saying you're not just putting emphasis on them, you're inventing them.

Tell me... what is the difference between the individual motivation to er "keep the species alive" and the global motivation to er "keep the species alive"?

Because im sure you spend your entire life thinking about how your going to keep the species going. At the same time im sure society as a whole doesn't give a shit about keeping the species going.

Assuming "keeping the species alive" is actually a motivation to begin with and not the RESULT OF VARIOUS OTHER MOTIVATIONS. Honestly. It's backwards logic if you're saying that "keeping the species alive" is a goal intrinsic to the collective. "Oh here's a result. It must be intended. Well, not by a God. I guess by some vague global identity."

Because, you obviously never took any kind of psychology or biology. It is in our nature to instinctively survive and procreate. Its not intended by an entity because its intended by our DNA. You fail to understand the fact that we are instinctively motivated to survive and procreate.

In this matter:

Individually: the person is internally motivated to have and raise a family

collectively: Keep the species alive.

Randy74
Randy74
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-14 21:54:01 Reply

I believe that once you die, you see blackness forever!

OoOoOoOoOoOoO

Check out my profile! l Did Adam and Eve have bellybuttons?

BBS Signature
netmaster296
netmaster296
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 01:04:21 Reply

Death is... the escape from life, only to be brought back into the next level of life. The Eternal Life in Heaven or Hell, as seen fit by your actions in the first life. This second life is an endless expansion in all directions as paradise or your worst FUCKING nightmare in a panoramic view. All of the objects are tangible and there are other beings with you... higher beings... MUCH higher beings. In the case of heaven they converse with you, such and such. And in Hell, they operate the machines of torture strewn about the ground.

Flying out so no one sees, i force you on your knees, give pain unto thee, torture is a sacrifice to me, I maketh you worhip me. - Gospel of the Netmaster

Fluffington
Fluffington
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 01:50:52 Reply

Well, I think it is taking the chain of life off.

You know what would be really neat? These things actually being noticeable.

BBS Signature
polles
polles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 03:06:08 Reply

If you look at the science of it, were just pretty much the same thing as rocks. Little particals that hapened to form to just a way that there is intelligence. For anyone that believes in god, tell me one thing that has happened and was talked about before any knowledge on what the future is going to be like. I can prove something that is false in it easy, humans were definatly not near the first thing to live. If theres already a few obvious things wrong, why should any of it be true? I bet it was like a joke to see how many idiots believe in it. Kinda like those "post this message" things

BBS Signature
mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 03:08:22 Reply

I have always liked the idea of reincarnation, bassed on how good of a being you are, you move up or down the scale of animals, ( who the fuck decides what animal is better...) but death is just your brain shutting down and you not knowing of your exsistance, and there is nothing,

I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
Bacchanalian
Bacchanalian
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 03:30:51 Reply

At 4/14/09 09:50 PM, BringMeTheDarkness wrote: Because, you obviously never took any kind of psychology or biology. It is in our nature to instinctively survive and procreate. Its not intended by an entity because its intended by our DNA. You fail to understand the fact that we are instinctively motivated to survive and procreate.

DNA, like society has no intention, unless you want to get philosophical - not psychological - not biological. To call what you're calling intention/motivation is to personify both DNA and society. And once you do that, you're one step away from turning either into a false source of cognitively defined imperatives.

BBS Signature
Sawke
Sawke
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 03:33:56 Reply

It hasn't happend yet so i dont care!

beck071
beck071
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 04:53:02 Reply

Death is overrated =D.
The voices told me =0.

BBS Signature
FurFurLife
FurFurLife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 05:16:31 Reply

I think that you die, and it is impossible to know what happens after that until then.

That's right. IMPOSSIBLE.

No, you.

BBS Signature
MrNemesis
MrNemesis
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 05:29:44 Reply

At 4/14/09 12:00 AM, Lost-Chances wrote: My opinion is you die. It doesn't even matter what's on the other side.

I pretty much agree with this. Asume that there isn't anything and then have a nice suprise if there is.

DeviantART ... Twitter .... You can find the rest of my links at friendfeed

gregaaron89
gregaaron89
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to What's your opinion on death? 2009-04-15 05:31:21 Reply

When you die, you get buried in the ground and eaten by maggots.