00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

0llybros just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Dracula Comic

706 Views | 9 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Dracula Comic 2009-04-06 15:52:30

Okay... this thread is reposted. There was just a miss understanding. And yes, I DID get permission to repost this! I'm not a n00b!

An-ty-ways... I am doing a Dracula comic for a friend who is still in high school. Its an assignment, but art is a passion for me, so I had to go all out for this kid. I relatively new with photoshop, but I think I got the hang of it enough to do a 35 page comic. This is the cover page. What do you think? I know the shading is off, but I was getting used to the burn and dodge tools.

Dracula Comic

Response to Dracula Comic 2009-04-06 15:56:26

I know its bad to double post, but I did page 1 at like 4 this morning. I honestly didn't realize making a professional looking comic was this hard! And I only drew 3 different pictures this entire page! I need a new method, I can't do 1 page every 5 hours.... I have to respect web comic artists now. No wonder why Scott doesn't update VGCats that much.

Dracula Comic

Response to Dracula Comic 2009-04-06 16:00:32

this looks good for starters!

but i think that your layouts could use some work...
you might try animating the characters in photoshop...(leave some room, and make the image large)...and then bring them into indesign (if you have it...)

you can make a box, and then hit CNTRL-D to import the image...
indesign is great for this sort of thing, and it will make your layouts more flexible, giving you a lot more freedom to experiment.

Response to Dracula Comic 2009-04-06 16:01:00

The title DRACULA on the cover just looks... awkward. I'm not sure how you did it, but it really bothers me.

Response to Dracula Comic 2009-04-06 16:12:26

At 4/6/09 04:00 PM, jhrabe wrote: but i think that your layouts could use some work...
you might try animating the characters in photoshop...(leave some room, and make the image large)...and then bring them into indesign (if you have it...)

Nah, don't have indesign... though I could get it through... "special methods." Meh, ignoring what I just said, tell me, whats indesign?

Oh and the title... lets just say it is like the 2nd word design I ever made with photoshop.

Response to Dracula Comic 2009-04-06 16:13:28

gay 2/10

BBS Signature

Response to Dracula Comic 2009-04-06 16:25:59

Your character looks like Phoenix Wright.

Response to Dracula Comic 2009-04-06 16:31:13

indesign is a program made essentially to help with layouts...
it should be part of any CS3 or CS4 package from Adobe...

i'd get it! it can be a pain in the but to learn, but once you ge the hang of it, it is very nice.
i do lots of my design and type work in it becauseit uses vector, and keeps your workspeed fast by linking to files instead of imbedding them in an image.

that way, you can just export form it when you are done (CNTRL-E) and have your JPEG or whatever very quickly...

you can also import from illustrator and photoshop quite readily...o i think you would get a lot of use out of it.

i would continue your illustrations in photoshop though, and use indesign for layouts and fonts...
especially for you, since you are making multi page documents. ( you can view and work on them all at once if you like, and adjust the layouts while working form one document...)

i'm no expert, but i wold be happy to field any questions you have about it...(i'm getting pretty good!)

Response to Dracula Comic 2009-04-06 16:32:47

At 4/6/09 04:13 PM, HappyBull wrote: gay 2/10

thats a really poor way to critique someones work...

it may not be perfect, but it has potential!
keep working i say!

Response to Dracula Comic 2009-04-07 03:01:32

Page 2. Damn this is hard! I got to find out how to produce pages much much faster... I have till May 1st to produce 35 pages. Working at 1 page a day is not going to cut it...

Dracula Comic