Power of Pleasure (RMX) {T11}

Gloudas
Gloudas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Vocal Pack Remix Contest - Dj-nate 2009-05-07 20:56:19 Reply

Hey, so I realize the contest is on a permanent leave, but I'm still playing around the vocals anyways for some practice, and I'm running into problems.

I'm trying to work with the vocals for Rise Again, as it's one of my favorite songs, but I can't seem to properly cut the vocals provided. It almost seems as if the BPM is jumping around in the song, and I cant seem to change to the vox to a point where they fit with any sort of tempo.

So far I've just been trying setting the clip to Pro Default and then setting it to autodetect, and while this works to an extent, after a bit the vocals become off sync again, and are significantly slower than what they started off in.

Has anyone been able to figure out this problem? I've tried everything I can think of to fix it, including cuting and formatting individual measures, but nothing is seeming to work. Any help would be peaches.

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

Darren-M
Darren-M
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Vocal Pack Remix Contest - Dj-nate 2009-05-08 03:02:42 Reply

here is what i do when this happens and its a pretty risky move as well if you cant quantize the wave file.

ok so slice it up into as many phrases as you can stand to sample, and load them in as samples instead of one giant wav file for the entire thing. at this point you can put the vocals at the start of exactly where they come in, meaning they wont have time to wander and get off tempo to the listener, basically you are just holding out until it changes tempo again. try to let the samples stay as close to the tempo as they can be before resampling the next phrase ....dont know if that was clear or not

Gloudas
Gloudas
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Vocal Pack Remix Contest - Dj-nate 2009-05-09 13:52:58 Reply

At 5/8/09 03:02 AM, Darren-M wrote: here is what i do when this happens and its a pretty risky move as well if you cant quantize the wave file.

....dont know if that was clear or not

Haha a little hazy but I think I get what you mean, I'll try it out and say if it works. Thanks for the help

A heavy bassline is my kind of silence.

Enjoy progressive house? Then listen to my song.

trace11
trace11
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Vocal Pack Remix Contest - Dj-nate 2009-05-13 17:53:13 Reply

um when do we get results>