Respond to this Topic
camikics
camikics
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 22nd, 2001 @ 10:38 AM Reply

I work for Comcast and they are a bit ass-backwards. However, behind the scenes, they try damn hard to please the customer. Believe me when I say this...in any office, there are only a few bad cogs in the wheel. The same holds true with every workplace, I'm sure.

Kyrandman
Kyrandman
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 22nd, 2001 @ 01:26 PM Reply

Cable sux.. alot of people can use the same line and slows u down...

Emoticons
Emoticons
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 22nd, 2001 @ 02:39 PM Reply

Normally I would rant on about how we the newgrounds fans on the whole don't give a toss about domestic problems and I would probably swear copious amounts all aimed towards the independently challenged fool that dared to moan and snivel on about he's little failure to contact some American company us Brits have never heard nor give a flying fuck about. However this said and done it is Tom Fulp so I have a degree of sympathy towards him. Tom listen up personally I don't give a shit but since you made newgrounds I offer you my advice listen up ... Don't complain and bitch to us the newgrounds fans, start being independent and sort this out on your own, actions speak louder than words so stop talking start acting!

Emoticons

PISSED OFF!!!

RageAgstTheMachine
RageAgstTheMachine
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 22nd, 2001 @ 06:28 PM Reply

SKATE BOARDING IS NOT A CRIME

PISSED OFF!!!

<deleted>
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 22nd, 2001 @ 07:35 PM Reply

dfshdfjdgkfd

DaMojo
DaMojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 22nd, 2001 @ 08:42 PM Reply

At 7/20/01 02:07 AM, TomFulp wrote: Time for some public venting in the hopes of getting a response.

Comcast is the most ass-backwards company I have ever come across! I am moving in to a new apartment, and I have decided that instead of Direct TV and DSL (like we have set up here), I am going to switch to Digital Cable and Cable Modem (cheaper and easier, right?). I have to get both of these from Comcast.

So I go to their website and type in my new zipcode. It lists both of those services as services in my area. Goody! My two options are to fill out a form so they can contact me, or call them. I called them, and their automated system asked for my zip code. After I entered it, the message said "We're sorry, we don't have a representative in your area! If you have any further questions or believe you got this message in error, please see our web site!"

I tried it again with a zip code for Center City Philadelphia, and still got the same message.

So I fill out the form on their site... And no one contacts me! Ross is also moving in to a new place, and he filled out the form like over a week ago.

How the hell is Cable Modem beating DSL when these jokers don't even try to sell their own product?! It is like they are saying to me, "We are too busy to be bothered. Just get DSL and Direct TV."

If Comcast does anything to change my opinion of them, I will surely let everyone know about it! Otherwise, I guess their competitors are getting my business!
DaMojo
DaMojo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 22nd, 2001 @ 08:46 PM Reply

I have digital cable and the cable modem from Comcast...it's great...when it doesnt go down!! As for the company and the customer service...don't even get me started on that one.....THEY SUCK ASS!!!

BadReligion
BadReligion
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 22nd, 2001 @ 09:21 PM Reply

I think cable and all that other shit you can get is a rip off.and why the hell would we give a shit about your fucking cable problems.Go whine to your mommy,maby move back in with her.HAHAHA

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 22nd, 2001 @ 10:07 PM Reply

At 7/22/01 02:39 PM, Emoticons wrote: Normally I would rant on about how we the newgrounds fans on the whole don't give a toss about domestic problems and I would probably swear copious amounts all aimed towards the independently challenged fool that dared to moan and snivel on about he's little failure to contact some American company us Brits have never heard nor give a flying fuck about. However this said and done it is Tom Fulp so I have a degree of sympathy towards him. Tom listen up personally I don't give a shit but since you made newgrounds I offer you my advice listen up ... Don't complain and bitch to us the newgrounds fans, start being independent and sort this out on your own, actions speak louder than words so stop talking start acting!

Emoticons

oh shut yer british cake hole, his site, he can bitch all he fucking wants, if ya have a problem with it leave heheheh. everyones allowed to vent.

vash640
vash640
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 23rd, 2001 @ 12:06 AM Reply

I compleatly agree with you. I had a similar problem and it took forever to fix it. I wish they would smarten up and figure out that u can't be popular if you just piss people off and don't sell what you're advertising.

CO4413
CO4413
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 23rd, 2001 @ 12:59 AM Reply

The most hilarious shit happend wid digital cable and cable internet! Just like every1 else, I called them fuckers (RCN) and they say that they can install the equipment and line in my home, they missed their appointments 6 days straight. And since they missed the instalation, the activation day all my old services turned off (phone, cable and internet!) and 6 days later, when one RCN guy came, he was fucking BAKED! And all he fucking did was re-install my phone. 2 days later another guy comes and finally hooks up the shit. FUCKING 2 WEEKS LATER THEN THEY FUCKING PROMISED! And the funny part is, when they installed the same package at a friend of mines house, THEIR FUCKING TRUCK GOT STOLLEN!!!! I LAUGHED MY FUCKING ASS OFF!!!!!! Dont ever get RCN services, they suck and are not worth $109 a month.

Janus
Janus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 23rd, 2001 @ 03:56 AM Reply

You'd maybe be surprised to know that Comcast Tech Support isn't really all that technical. I've seen guys doing tech support making $15.00 an hour, and they had to have a college degree at least...Cumfast just uses your average idiot telemarketing agency like NuComm or RMH, and does bareass Tier 1 training for everyone. They don't endorse their product, and don't ensure repeat business by supporting it adequately.

-Janus, happy with cogeco

Slizor
Slizor
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 23rd, 2001 @ 07:21 AM Reply

Ah, so this is where the newbies start off, surely trying to piss them off won't help, they'll just delay you for longer and cut you off when they want to, to piss you off.

Melroy
Melroy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 23rd, 2001 @ 10:39 AM Reply

Dude! Take my advice. Get Earthlink. They may screw you over with a rusty stick (The bill is SKY HIGH), but atleast they're reliable.

PISSED OFF!!!

ThunderBolt2001
ThunderBolt2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 23rd, 2001 @ 04:43 PM Reply

I had the same problem when I moved to Pittsburgh. Before we moved I had AOL, so I decided to keep it. As it turns out AOL doesn't have a sever in my area and every time I get on the internet I get charged for a long distance phone call. I called those dumb asses up and they're telling me to go with a local sever to connect to AOL. So in other words I'd have to pay two bills and there is no local sever where I live, so I'd still have the same damn problem. AT&T was availible in my area, so I connected to that. I now have a cable modem and it works fine, but thats not the end of the problems. In my contract it said that the modem I am using is free of charge as long as I am connected throught their cable. A few months ago they add 10 bucks to my bill. I called them up and asked why they added 10 bucks to my bill. They told me that it was for modem rental and basically we argued and in the end I hung up the phone in disgust. Not long after I get an advertisement to buy a modem(which gets me out of paying an extra ten dollars a month). I called them up and told them that I wanted to buy the modem and they told me it was only availible through the internet. I get online and order it. The connection times out when I ordered it. I called and asked if it went through and they said that they couldn't tell me. They put a bill on my credit card for 200 dollars (2 modems when I only ordered 1) and they still didn't give me the modem. Now they are giving me excuses why they shouldn't take their bill off my credit card and why I don't have a modem. I hate those dumb ass motherfuckers at AT&T!

-ThunderBolt2001

P.S. Sorry about this being so long.

BigD691
BigD691
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 23rd, 2001 @ 04:57 PM Reply

Hey Tom, I live in Clementon, New Jersey. I have Comcast Digital Cable and Comcast@Home. Comcast has HQ in Philly, I don't understand how they can't get service to u. I say that u should go to the nearest Comcast office to ya and complain about it. Give them a little kick in the balls and they will get u service next day. Trust me.

P.S. Tom, do u go to Phillies games?

Chaotic-Jelly
Chaotic-Jelly
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 23rd, 2001 @ 07:00 PM Reply

Why are you so pised off about this, you know, a lot of people out here in internet land have 56k modems, I will be getting cable on Thursday of course, but nevertheless, many of newgrounds' fans are dial up impaired.

Think yourself lucky Tom!
or someone just might slap you

SansAlterEgo01
SansAlterEgo01
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 23rd, 2001 @ 11:08 PM Reply

Yes, Comcast does suck. The reason cable is doing so well is because of RCN. I switched from Comcast to RCN 6 months ago, and I'm a much happier man. No more online-for-5-days-a-week-because-we-are-"ugrading". Nope, I haven't been disconnected once. And RCN is 10x faster than Comcast pertaining to uploads. The downloads are around the same, except RCN is constant. Comcast would have see-saw performance depending on the time of day. Too bad Philadelphia won't allow RCN in; otherwise, you'd have cable now.

Krack0
Krack0
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 24th, 2001 @ 08:51 PM Reply

I can't help but express my sorrow about your cable problems! If, on the other hand, you lived in western PA. & subscribed to Armstrong Utilties Zoom Internet services, you would be crying (literally) with joy at the fact they are wonderful!!! Try an actual person answering the toll free on-line tech support number on New Years Day at 10:30AM :) Also my average DL speed is around +500 kb/ps....Ahhhh.....life is good here. Hope you get some relief from 'Big City' connection desease/ Krack0 :)

Big-Charge
Big-Charge
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 27th, 2001 @ 01:24 PM Reply

At 7/20/01 02:07 AM, TomFulp wrote: Time for some public venting in the hopes of getting a response.

Comcast is the most ass-backwards company I have ever come across! I am moving in to a new apartment, and I have decided that instead of Direct TV and DSL (like we have set up here), I am going to switch to Digital Cable and Cable Modem (cheaper and easier, right?). I have to get both of these from Comcast.

So I go to their website and type in my new zipcode. It lists both of those services as services in my area. Goody! My two options are to fill out a form so they can contact me, or call them. I called them, and their automated system asked for my zip code. After I entered it, the message said "We're sorry, we don't have a representative in your area! If you have any further questions or believe you got this message in error, please see our web site!"

I tried it again with a zip code for Center City Philadelphia, and still got the same message.

So I fill out the form on their site... And no one contacts me! Ross is also moving in to a new place, and he filled out the form like over a week ago.

How the hell is Cable Modem beating DSL when these jokers don't even try to sell their own product?! It is like they are saying to me, "We are too busy to be bothered. Just get DSL and Direct TV."

If Comcast does anything to change my opinion of them, I will surely let everyone know about it! Otherwise, I guess their competitors are getting my business!

Hey, I have DSL, CABLE SUCKS! And I hack free cable TV...

Rogan-YLS
Rogan-YLS
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 27th, 2001 @ 01:32 PM Reply

At 7/20/01 07:20 PM, DevinDOug wrote: Tom, maybe, before you post something on the internet, you should ask yourself a question:

'Who cares?'

apperently everyone BUT you...

Loozeroftheworld
Loozeroftheworld
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 28th, 2001 @ 12:29 AM Reply

i got the most kickass cable internet in the world real nice. accepts it if they make mistakes. (not like some other compians i know of) They came over installed it for free in about 30 min. They left didn't work. called them up 5 min. on the phone one of there crews shows up looks at it for 5 min. figures out the problem. fixes it. accepts responeablity for there mistake guess what i don't pay sH*t for them to repair it. only time it ever went out is when a dumbass ran into a telephone pole knocked it over and severed the cable cord thing (now how the hell could that be there fault) www.classiccable.net they go by towns not gay ass area codes much much more easier not a big compiany not veary much chance will be avalible in your area

artfag
artfag
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 28th, 2001 @ 01:43 PM Reply

My friend lives in Philly , and in that area trying to get either Cable or DSL is a pain in the ass. It really really really is. I think they just hate anyone who lives in your area.

Ace235228
Ace235228
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 30th, 2001 @ 06:43 PM Reply

I Have DirectTV And DSL... CABLE MODEMS AND COMCAST SUCK!!!!!

PISSED OFF!!!

bikerchuck
bikerchuck
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Jul. 31st, 2001 @ 09:13 AM Reply

i waited over two months for dsl. i never got it. instead i called at&t and got their cable. the guy came and hooked it up the next day.dsl sucks

MI4-REAL-2001
MI4-REAL-2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Nov. 9th, 2001 @ 01:52 AM Reply

I got 56K

MI4-REAL-2001
MI4-REAL-2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Nov. 9th, 2001 @ 01:54 AM Reply

At 7/27/01 01:32 PM, THECLAW242 wrote:
At 7/20/01 07:20 PM, DevinDOug wrote: Tom, maybe, before you post something on the internet, you should ask yourself a question:

'Who cares?'

apperently everyone BUT you...

I second that motion

MI4-REAL-2001
MI4-REAL-2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Nov. 9th, 2001 @ 01:55 AM Reply

Is cable better than 56K, or is the line too crowded?

SupaReaper
SupaReaper
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Nov. 11th, 2001 @ 01:58 AM Reply

That is why we call them Commie-cast. They are the only cable provider in a lot of areas, and they have horrible customer service. Its not like they have a monopoly or nothing.

DUDE4U
DUDE4U
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to PISSED OFF!!! Nov. 12th, 2001 @ 09:41 PM Reply

At 11/9/01 01:55 AM, MI4_REAL_2001 wrote: Is cable better than 56K, or is the line too crowded?

I honestly think that the cable is better. I could be wrong but some people or friends i should say said that. So i probably wouldn't trust their word.