New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to NG top medal point users list 2016-02-08 16:09:06 Reply

At 2/8/16 07:26 AM, HerbieG wrote: I mean that there are lots of achievements that are deeply undervalued. If it is a decision of the author - ok, but it is sometimes really irritating that you play something very hard or time-consuming and finally you get the medal of... 5 points! So much effort just for 5 points!

The author always chooses the value of medals. It's up to you if you want to collect a certain medal. If you feel like a game is not worth your time for just 5 points, just move on. With 3500 medal games I'm sure you'll be able to find some easier medals to earn.

I know that the Moderators are sometimes reducing the amount of points of some medals - which is good (I know the already legendary case of HTD "games"), but maybe sometimes the authors don't want to add 50/100 points medals, because they are afraid that their points amount could be reduced?

I highly doubt that an author has ever kept moderators in mind while picking the value of medals. We tend to interfere only if an author is clearly abusing the point system, or if we really feel like medals are way overvalued. Even then we talk to the author, and in almost all cases they just cooperate in a friendly way.

NeonSpider
NeonSpider
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NG top medal point users list 2016-02-09 18:12:26 Reply

At 2/8/16 04:09 PM, Nijsse wrote:
At 2/8/16 07:26 AM, HerbieG wrote: I mean that there are lots of achievements that are deeply undervalued. If it is a decision of the author - ok, but it is sometimes really irritating that you play something very hard or time-consuming and finally you get the medal of... 5 points! So much effort just for 5 points!
The author always chooses the value of medals. It's up to you if you want to collect a certain medal. If you feel like a game is not worth your time for just 5 points, just move on. With 3500 medal games I'm sure you'll be able to find some easier medals to earn.

• Cathode Raybots
    Cathode Raybots by TomFulp

Fight the robots or build the robots that fight the humans!

Score
    4.24 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Cathode Raybots is probably the best example of this. It is literally one of the hardest games on all of Newgrounds. (Does anyone have all the medals on that game?) and yet each medal is 5 points.

But I think the harder games are more worthy of playing, especially if trying for full medals on any of them

It's more indicative of skill how many difficult medals/difficult games someone has mastered vs. just how many medal points they have, IMO.

If you use "salty" for anything other than salinity, I will instantly think less of you.
This food is salty. -- acceptable | Why are you salty at me? -- *facepalm*