New Topic Respond to this Topic
kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-19 22:31:16 Reply

**THIS IS FOR SERIOUS DEVELOPEMENT DISCUSSION. ANYONE WHO PARTAKES IN THE DISCUSSION SERIOUSLY WILL BE CREDITED IN THE GAME, NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME.**

LINK: http://www.ikast.net/users/toolgod/Zelda.html

Okay. Basically, I'm keeping the plot of the whole game underwraps. The game will be highly similiar to Zelda (Gameboy Version). I'll probably get shit for this. However, the graphics, coding, and storyline are all unique and my own.

ISSUE 1: Currently, I'm having some serious problems with the hit detection often going ten pixels past where it needs to. I can fix this by having it be pushed back though.

ISSUE 2: I'm going to start drawing out the map before I put in a lot of the coding. This means I need to set aside what can just be stills and which can be eye candy MC.

I currently plan to make the trees rustle and drop leaves when you hit them or just at random points. What are some other "interactive or moveable walls" that you would like to see in it?

There will also be clusters of butterflies. Roaming chickens (There has to be chickens. I love Zelda.), and cuttable grass will also be a feature.

What else would you like to see in it?

Holycarp
Holycarp
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-19 22:48:59 Reply

At 7/19/01 10:31 PM, ToolGod wrote: **THIS IS FOR SERIOUS DEVELOPEMENT DISCUSSION. ANYONE WHO PARTAKES IN THE DISCUSSION SERIOUSLY WILL BE CREDITED IN THE GAME, NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME.**

Okay. Basically, I'm keeping the plot of the whole game underwraps. The game will be highly similiar to Zelda (Gameboy Version). I'll probably get shit for this. However, the graphics, coding, and storyline are all unique and my own.

ISSUE 1: Currently, I'm having some serious problems with the hit detection often going ten pixels past where it needs to. I can fix this by having it be pushed back though.

ISSUE 2: I'm going to start drawing out the map before I put in a lot of the coding. This means I need to set aside what can just be stills and which can be eye candy MC.

I currently plan to make the trees rustle and drop leaves when you hit them or just at random points. What are some other "interactive or moveable walls" that you would like to see in it?

There will also be clusters of butterflies. Roaming chickens (There has to be chickens. I love Zelda.), and cuttable grass will also be a feature.

Hopefully i become a boss(arrrrrrr........)

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-19 22:51:23 Reply

make it rpg like, since yer ditching yer zelda, if i become a character let me draw myself heheh i already have that metal gear cerb drawing, good luck.

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-20 17:51:01 Reply

Hey guys. I just finished the first scene for Noku: Shimmer of Time. Well, at least the intro movie. Here is a picture of the main character looking over the beach of his home.

http://www.ikast.net/users/toolgod/NokuShow.jpg

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-20 19:42:56 Reply

The first motion scene. Cerberus and I talked, and we both agree that people will give me shit for not using tweens. Ah well. Don't expect much from this link, nothing is put in yet, water and cape move.

http://www.ikast.net/users/toolgod/Noku%20Movie.html

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-20 20:55:35 Reply

Cerberust Cerberust damnit heheheh the t has sentimental value

eh looking nice but next time put the coat and pants on seperate layers so in each keyframe that you move them to simulate wind motion, they wont stick together and youll be able to move them more freely, and give better windmotion, cause it looks like small individual parts are moving while the rest is staying still, like theres motion but nothing really seems to be moving, do different layers next time. i really like the scenery though, good job.

mr-yan
mr-yan
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-20 22:33:40 Reply

At 7/19/01 10:31 PM, ToolGod wrote: **THIS IS FOR SERIOUS DEVELOPEMENT DISCUSSION. ANYONE WHO PARTAKES IN THE DISCUSSION SERIOUSLY WILL BE CREDITED IN THE GAME, NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME.**

you should add some kind of preset characters with uniques abilities like in diablo2.it would be fun to have our own char name and a robot battle like in mystical ninja(would be fun hehe).

anyway.....I really hope your game will be great.
chill people!!!

seeya!

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-20 23:44:43 Reply

Each character will be unique in that you get to choose his name and the character evolves depending on how you play. I'm worried about space wise if unique coding will do well. Just more variables to slow down the game. I'll look into it.

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-21 00:53:51 Reply

shigaty shigaty shway

its lookin nice kevin better finish it. good luck.

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-21 01:30:53 Reply

I updated it yet again. It moves now. Just some more work in progress. *yawns*

http://www.ikast.net/users/toolgod/Noku%20Movie.html

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-21 14:44:19 Reply

im stoked, it looks so cool kevin just dont dwell on that camera angle for to long, always change the camera angle so the viewers eyes have to adjust and focus to the new scenery , thus keeping them attentive.

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-24 00:54:27 Reply

Just keeping the forum alive to tell you that I spent all day playing Final Fantasy Six. It was a good experience and gave me some solid ideas. I've also finished with the map of the entire first quest. I'll make the game in quests, probably seven total, you will go to the next one by entering a unique code.

Playing FF6 all day made me realize that I will have all real time fighting and no turn based. It is just easier on the code and more fun.

We just added flaming monkeys to the list of bad guys. Any suggestions?

macdeth
macdeth
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-24 13:13:47 Reply

You can e-mail me and I will give you some ideas. Cuz thats all I'm good at... I hope your game comes out good.

The worst member.

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-24 14:25:31 Reply

Well, added the front and back view of the guy. Again there are some errors. All this has to do with how it takes a millisecond of a frame longer to detect then it should.

http://www.ikast.net/users/toolgod/Zelda.html

Dante-Kamar
Dante-Kamar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-24 15:31:04 Reply

I think level increases are important. I like'em less like Zelda's and more like traditional. Think Castlevania: Sympony of the Night.

NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME

Dante-Kamar
Dante-Kamar
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-24 15:31:04 Reply

I think level increases are important. I like'em less like Zelda's and more like traditional. Think Castlevania: Sympony of the Night.

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-24 18:32:24 Reply

currency to buy weapons and armor are also a must, even if theres only a few, and treasure boxes yes many treasure boxes :D:D:D

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-25 01:06:44 Reply

Okay, new update.

1: I am adding an XP system, an HP system and possibly an MP system though probably not. I planned to have XP and Level Up from the start. More like FF than Castlevania.

2: There will also be a currency system. You find shards of spirit stone to sell. You can either sell them for weapons, or give them to the spirits in hopes that a random weapon will generate. At the store you always know what you get, but with the spirits, you get better deals most of the time and dont' become a capitalist bastard!

3: Working between movie and game.

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-25 02:49:14 Reply

This just in. There will be a total of three weapons in the game, however, each weapon will have its own XP. The more you use a weapon, the higher its XP and Level goes. This should help people attach to a style of either Distance/Strength/Speed. As the Level of the weapons increase, magic powers for that weapon are unlocked and it alters appearance slightly.

There will also be scrolls for quick magic, useable 5 times or such.

Cerberust
Cerberust
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-25 02:54:57 Reply

""you should submit yer shit to the alphas""
thats what id say if the alphas were updated more then bimonthly

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-25 03:16:34 Reply

This just in:

THE WALL DETECTION SCRIPTS WORK!

For now at least. They'll stop working once I have to change the scripts around to fit my needs.

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-25 18:14:31 Reply

The wall detection has been finalized and completed thanks to the help of Mega Bacon. Currently working with Deathwish on the random scripts.

1: The first quest (movie) will have chickens, monkeys, dogs, and cut throats. The scenery will be mostly valley town, beach front.

2: There will be seven quests total, each ranging from 8000 to 12000 blocks of gameplay.

3: Currently working on teh save and load.

4: Keep ideas coming.

legokiller666
legokiller666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-26 16:13:54 Reply

Well first you would need to design a menu and if possible interchangable characters like in the final fantasy games and pickups and maybe try out making in battle scenes have summons and magic and i have a brilliant idea for the main chaacter (look below) (im joking about this bit)

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-26 16:54:37 Reply

There is only one character and no in battle scenes and the menu will be made near the end of the stuff. This is more Zelda than FF, with the exception of XP and weapon XP and such. Though I think one of the Zeldas had XP.

Wormtail
Wormtail
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-27 05:32:37 Reply

it seems nice kev...

Wormtail
Wormtail
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-28 03:41:34 Reply

sorry for double posting..but if u want some chracter( i don know if i spelled it correctly :) help,i can create lots of them!u want wiazrds,beasts,stuff eh?

Wormtail
Wormtail
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-28 09:01:15 Reply

hi kevin, u can't reach me cuz i live in Turkey..we have 8 hours stuff.i don't know whats that called in English..bye...

Wormtail
Wormtail
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-29 13:44:51 Reply

uhm..sorry..this is 4th post..any improvemet kevin

kev-nuu
kev-nuu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-30 01:41:50 Reply

I took a break on Noku to work on Demolition Derby. I got pissed with the look of Noku. I need someone to tell me the graphics look cool and support me. I have bad persistance skills.

Wormtail
Wormtail
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to NOKU: SHIMMER OF TIME 2001-07-30 05:39:41 Reply

i can't draw well but that graphics was cool.i liked the trees.