00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

SpeakyDooman just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Some of my art II

104,765 Views | 748 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Some of my art II 2012-02-27 21:10:11

At 58 minutes ago, Hyptosis wrote: My favorite actor. I don't think it is a very good likeness though.

What movie is that from? Don't think I've seen Perlman with a goatee.

Response to Some of my art II 2012-02-27 21:21:05

At 4 days ago, Hyptosis wrote: Here is just some more practice stuff

The shadows on the girls skin are maybe a little too desaturated? She looks a little bit like she's rockin' a 5 o'clock shadow.

I love how you use some pretty bold lines but still keep it painterly. And you're always so good at making the characters feel alive.

BBS Signature

Response to Some of my art II 2012-02-28 08:59:45

At 11 hours ago, Sockembop wrote:
At 4 days ago, Hyptosis wrote: Here is just some more practice stuff
The shadows on the girls skin are maybe a little too desaturated? She looks a little bit like she's rockin' a 5 o'clock shadow.

I love how you use some pretty bold lines but still keep it painterly. And you're always so good at making the characters feel alive.

Yeah you're probably right. haha :P I'll go add a razor in her hand :P

At 11 hours ago, big-jonny-13 wrote:
At 58 minutes ago, Hyptosis wrote: My favorite actor. I don't think it is a very good likeness though.
What movie is that from? Don't think I've seen Perlman with a goatee.

Sons of Anarchy, I paused the dvd ^_^

Response to Some of my art II 2012-03-12 05:15:39

just dicking around

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-03-12 06:33:17

At 1 hour ago, Hyptosis wrote: just dicking around

Be loving them lines and tones upright, you sures has top skills yes. me be of the liking everything you has posted in this threads, your own personal styles shines through on nearly all of them! Top paws to you and will sit patently for more artworks. Meow <3

Meow <3

BBS Signature

Response to Some of my art II 2012-03-12 06:49:06

At 2 weeks ago, Hyptosis wrote:
At 4 days ago, bigCman321 wrote:
At 48 minutes ago, Hyptosis wrote: moar
Just popping in to say your art is awesome. I don't really have any critiques. Keep it up!
Thanks man!

Here is just some more practice stuff

Hopefully helpful critisiscisciscm: the face on the chick is a little derpy, and the buttons on her shirt are,,, a little weird, other than that, nice work

I will give all how desire bacon, what they for the word of the bacon demands it.

BBS Signature

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-05 09:00:24

some more space stuff

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-05 09:02:23

some more space stuff

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-05 09:04:31

some more space stuff

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-08 03:39:09

some more space stuff

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-08 03:40:21

some more space stuff
also getting wicked creepy deja vu here, and it isn't just form me repeating 'some more space stuff'

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-08 04:14:27

At 4/8/12 03:40 AM, Hyptosis wrote: some more space stuff

Man this stuff is awesome, your style just totally works with sci-fi. And fantasy. And everything come to think of it, but I think the sentiment still counts.

Space scenes with the peeps in their fancy fuckin' getups are at their strongest when you've got said peeps interacting with the scenery - eg. standing on it. Much as the poster-like quality is all well and good, that first scene with the two chicks is easily the finest.

Continue to be excellent, man.

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-08 11:02:52

also getting wicked creepy deja vu here, and it isn't just form me repeating 'some more space stuff'

Is all the space stuff for an upcoming game from you?
Cause the design and layout of those characters on the backgrounds feels the same as in other games you've done.

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-08 20:41:41

At 4/8/12 11:02 AM, big-jonny-13 wrote:
Is all the space stuff for an upcoming game from you?
Cause the design and layout of those characters on the backgrounds feels the same as in other games you've done.

Hey guys, thanks! Yeah, they're for an upcoming game, it will take place in the same 'universe' as my Wayfinder games, however the gameplay will be considerably different considering both of those games were huge failures. :P

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-08 20:52:18

Excellent backgrounds and art in general, if you ever have the time I would really appreciate it if you could do a step by step or explain the process of how you create them, indoor backgrounds specifically. You do them very well.

A distant engine of hate is stirring....

Illustration | Animation

BBS Signature

Response to Some of my art II 2012-04-13 19:40:18

Going to be doing some background drawings for a game project at http://www.livestream.com/hyptosis if anyone is interested.

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-17 04:40:28

Just part of a series I'm doing for practice.

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-17 04:42:39

Just part of a series I'm doing for practice.

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-17 10:34:03

At 7/17/12 04:42 AM, Hyptosis wrote: Just part of a series I'm doing for practice.

isnt she from like the movie 5th element? awesome work man! glad to see you are still around.

Art is vast as Love is deep, Trying to Explain the two is like trying to discover everything there is about the ocean.

My art thread

My comic thread

BBS Signature

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-17 11:45:45

At 7/17/12 04:42 AM, Hyptosis wrote: Just part of a series I'm doing for practice.

I feel like watching this now. This looks cool.

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-17 11:50:24

nice, looks very realistic

http://www.strayhair.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/09/Fifth-El ement_flight_attendant_1.jpg

God invented evolution 'cause he couldn't do it all by himself! Awesome Tees!

BBS Signature

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-17 12:47:15

Thanks dude, they're both from Fifth Element, although the first one didn't turn out looking very much like the girl. She was the president's assistant, had kind of a vulcan thing going on. The second chick was easier to spot because she's stunning, I'm also MUCH more happy with the second one.

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-17 14:11:27

Hey man cool stuff.

Now that i got that out of the way time for a critique. I think you should draw from life and do alittle realism with you drawings. That will help you in understanding how things are percieved in 3d form. Then you can take the lessons from lighting, tonal values, shape, form, even composition and apply them to your digital works that are not realism. This will benefit you and any artist alot. I personally think all artists of any skill caliber should do still lifes at least once a week for practice.

I noticed in some of your scenerary you have some unnatural linework in your rooms. One of your rooms looked as if it was in outer space (if that was intended good job) because it was tilted. While another room you had drawn it wrapped in a cuve around a wall. Your curve wasn't in its correct perspective and looked like it was elevated instead of flat.

These are all things you learn from darwing in life. When you draw in life and not from photos more often you will begin to recognize these misstakes and correct them. Also, even if you photo copy a photo perfectly there is still a chance that it will come out looking disporptionate or skewed. YOu need to have a strong understanding of life drawing while you work with photos in order to produce something that is believable.

Hope that was helpful, keep drawing you have some cool stuff.

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-17 16:13:36

At 7/17/12 02:11 PM, PMMurphy wrote: Now that i got that out of the way time for a critique. I think you should draw from life and do alittle realism with you drawings.

I lol'd.

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-19 04:03:53

More fifth element practices

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-19 05:39:34

At 7/19/12 04:03 AM, Hyptosis wrote: More fifth element practices

This is hardcore! this pic looks like Far cry 3

BBS Signature

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-27 08:24:09

A work in progress

Some of my art II

Response to Some of my art II 2012-07-27 08:30:30