Be a Supporter!

This is it.

  • 158,867 Views
  • 606 Replies
New Topic
Squalid
Squalid
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:01 AM

2pm here in the UK, nothing on the news about it, been searching the Norfolk News sites, no mention at all.

Still got at least a few hours of school left, have a few friends in Norfolk(None of them go to school) but will let you all know if I hear anything.

25272D
25272D
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:04 AM

At 3/17/09 10:01 AM, Squalid wrote: 2pm here in the UK, nothing on the news about it, been searching the Norfolk News sites, no mention at all.

Still got at least a few hours of school left, have a few friends in Norfolk(None of them go to school) but will let you all know if I hear anything.

Probably been arrested.

Shreddy
Shreddy
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:05 AM

At 3/17/09 10:03 AM, MissingNYC wrote: can someone explain to me whats been going on?? im a short sentence?

sirtom93
can of petrol
planning arson attack
bbs tries to stop it
and succeeds?


-no ones home-

Zerok
Zerok
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:06 AM

At 3/17/09 09:17 AM, 25272D wrote: Zerok, please come online to AIM I need to speak with you urgently, I added ZerokNG.

Why me? If something's urgent pertaining to this, get in touch with Wade.
Also I don't have AIM loaded where I am right now.

At 3/17/09 09:54 AM, Emanhattan wrote: If this kid was just looking to create drama and get some attention it worked!

Let's hope that's what it was.

And of course it worked. You go walk into a public arena and make serious threats and see what drama results.


Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

Podburrys
Podburrys
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:06 AM

At 3/17/09 09:54 AM, Rig wrote:
At 3/17/09 09:45 AM, Podburrys wrote: I still believe that we should, if not respecting OP's privacy, we should lessen potential damage.
You're suggesting that we just stop talking about this until we get official permission? People will talk/spread rumors about this guy until the cows come home.

I think you're giving us WAY too much credit when you say that the defense/prosecution (IF a trial even happens) will latch on to any scrap of speculation we make in this thread, or on this site, or on the internet elsewhere. Believe it or not, the police are smart enough to follow up on reckless accusations and discard obvious lies.

I appreciate your opinion, but it's a bit naive to think that we hold as much legal sway as you suggest.

Thank you for considering it. :D It might seem over-the-top with concern, but as I see it, it's very likley OP in an attempt to be funny or get attention has majorly fucked up not thinking Newgrounds can any semblence of responsibility amidst the cock jokes and half-assed threads. I know it's unlikely, but the fact it could have any sway at all when we're considering a potential trail that can affect a real life more than makes me uncomfortable. A lot of people in this thread don't take this seriously. I make spam posts too, but I realise when the times to be serious are, and this is clearly one of them. As a community, I'd like to think that as we have averted what may have been a tradgedy, though most likley just fucked up some idiot's day, that we owe the OP the same courtesy we'd show anyone else. Stupid or not, we all do make mistakes, and this is what I honestly percieve this to be. By posting things here, legal council may make assumptions based on it.

If it does go that far, they will see this thread and this information. It is possible that a lot of evidence gathered from here (there would be other sources, but Newgrounds is a focal point for this case) would be used. Instead of being a neutral source (when really we should only be the source of the complaint/incedent as opposed to further evidence at all), the provided information has already been interpreted, which makes it harder to be re-evaluated. I just want to give OP a fair chance if it goes that far, and I believe Newgrounds has done all it should in this matter sans an information update. In this particular thread at least, which is what the authorities will examine, we shouldn't make claims or post 'evidence'. Newgrounds may not leave this alone, I realise that, but if we can't drop it maybe we should just stop further damage. A different thread on the same topic would at least be removed from the immediate event, which is something.


;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature
25272D
25272D
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:07 AM

At 3/17/09 10:06 AM, Zerok wrote: Why me? If something's urgent pertaining to this, get in touch with Wade.
Also I don't have AIM loaded where I am right now.

Tried wades aim, offline. It doesn't matter anymore, I don't think it'd happen because if the police are reading this thread you won't be allowed to modify it, however there's a post sirtom made that someone needs removing, because it could cause problems.

AbsintheClock
AbsintheClock
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Animator
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:07 AM

At 3/17/09 09:54 AM, Emanhattan wrote: If this kid was just looking to create drama and get some attention it worked!

Well what do you expect folks to do when somebody threatens to burn down a school? Start a bake sale, and get the funds ready for another one?


BBS Signature
Squalid
Squalid
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:09 AM

At 3/17/09 10:04 AM, 25272D wrote:
At 3/17/09 10:01 AM, Squalid wrote: 2pm here in the UK, nothing on the news about it, been searching the Norfolk News sites, no mention at all.

Still got at least a few hours of school left, have a few friends in Norfolk(None of them go to school) but will let you all know if I hear anything.
Probably been arrested.

Even so, this would be news worthy. Especially in Norfolk, where the latest news is that someone found a cat in stream!

Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:09 AM

At 3/17/09 10:07 AM, 25272D wrote: there's a post sirtom made that someone needs removing, because it could cause problems.

If anything, we'd want to preserve as many of sirtom93's posts as possible.


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:10 AM

At 3/17/09 10:06 AM, Podburrys wrote: If it does go that far, they will see this thread and this information.

Well, rest assured that they'll read your concerns too. =)

If our wild theories have any sway, so should your points towards being cautious and neutral.

There's a chance that this thread will be obliterated after the ordeal is resolved, but that will be up to sir Wade and/or the other staff.


Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

25272D
25272D
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:11 AM

At 3/17/09 10:09 AM, Rig wrote:
At 3/17/09 10:07 AM, 25272D wrote: there's a post sirtom made that someone needs removing, because it could cause problems.
If anything, we'd want to preserve as many of sirtom93's posts as possible.

That's why I realised it won't happen. ugh.

Fora
Fora
  • Member since: May. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:13 AM

If it is real or not, why would some kid do this? Everybody has information of him now, maybe he'll get arrested and if it only was a joke, then I don't get him

Zerok
Zerok
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:15 AM

At 3/17/09 10:13 AM, Fora wrote: If it is real or not, why would some kid do this? Everybody has information of him now, maybe he'll get arrested and if it only was a joke, then I don't get him

For internet/IRL notoriety, possibly.


Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

Truth
Truth
  • Member since: Dec. 31, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 29
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:16 AM

At 3/17/09 10:13 AM, Fora wrote: If it is real or not, why would some kid do this? Everybody has information of him now, maybe he'll get arrested and if it only was a joke, then I don't get him

Let's say hypothetically that he really is going to go along with this.

The fact that he told us beforehand shows that a part of the reason for doing this is for attention. "Those bastards will pay" reveals the other reason.

Emanhattan
Emanhattan
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:20 AM

At 3/17/09 10:16 AM, Truth wrote:

Let's say hypothetically that he really is going to go along with this.

The fact that he told us beforehand shows that a part of the reason for doing this is for attention. "Those bastards will pay" reveals the other reason.

Yeah.

But also, like other user posted before, he wants someone to try and stop him too.


BBS Signature
Podburrys
Podburrys
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:22 AM

At 3/17/09 10:10 AM, Zerok wrote:
At 3/17/09 10:06 AM, Podburrys wrote: If it does go that far, they will see this thread and this information.
Well, rest assured that they'll read your concerns too. =)

If our wild theories have any sway, so should your points towards being cautious and neutral.

There's a chance that this thread will be obliterated after the ordeal is resolved, but that will be up to sir Wade and/or the other staff.

That's true. I hope it goes well for all involved. If OP really was doing this, I hope he does get due course and the help he obviously needs. If he wasn't, I hope they realise it. I don't think the thread would be deleted though - locked and kept for a future date if needed perhaps. Thank you for listening to my concerns, you, Rig and Denvish. It's good to know the forums are patrolled by reasonable people, and that the community itself can (mostly) act responsible when needed. Here I was thinking it was all e-penis growing. :)


;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature
LeidUndElend
LeidUndElend
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:26 AM

If he hasn't been arrested yet, or nothing at the high school has occurred this could have all been a decoy. Most likely a ruse but he could have another target in mind.

Emanhattan
Emanhattan
  • Member since: Mar. 25, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:29 AM

I have the strange feeling the authorities that are watcing this thread are laughing at us


BBS Signature
LeidUndElend
LeidUndElend
  • Member since: Aug. 11, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:34 AM

Of course they are. They would rather be out with their family or what not but I'm thinking one guy who was about to get off work now has to sit and watch NG.

PaperBat
PaperBat
  • Member since: May. 15, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:35 AM

At 3/17/09 10:26 AM, LeidUndElend wrote: If he hasn't been arrested yet, or nothing at the high school has occurred this could have all been a decoy. Most likely a ruse but he could have another target in mind.

What if this was to get the attention away from something else... :o


R.I.P Michael Jackson, I will deeply miss you

BBS Signature
AnasaziTribal
AnasaziTribal
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:42 AM

At 3/17/09 09:48 AM, AbsintheClock wrote: Boy am I glad to live in the USA where the second amendment gives me the right to shoot fags like you.

Yeah bro "Them queer-o-sexuals won't escape my unregistered rifle!".
Newsflash: The second amendment does not give you the right to kill people for no reason.


It's America's Hat!

BBS Signature
Jon-86
Jon-86
  • Member since: Jan. 30, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:44 AM

At 3/17/09 07:25 AM, PaperBat wrote: Even if this is a joke, OP is looking at some jail time for Terroristic Threats.

Aye true he can get done for simply threatening to do something like this, I think thats since the 2000 terrorism laws were passed through parliament. I will be watching the news to hear of his arrest.


PHP Main :: C++ Main :: Java Main :: Vorsprung durch Technik
irc.freenode.net #ngprogramming

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Member since: Mar. 18, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:48 AM

Some of you have said that people can smell the petrol at the school, before it is used. That is true. But you have forgotten two things:

1) Unless people know the exact plans, they won't really react when they smell a bit of petrol, until it is too late.

2) He may be planning on using that petrol to make Molotov Cocktails, which can be thrown at crowds of people from a distance.


My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
HahaISuckMoreThanYou
HahaISuckMoreThanYou
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:52 AM

At 3/17/09 10:42 AM, AnasaziTribal wrote:
At 3/17/09 09:48 AM, AbsintheClock wrote: Boy am I glad to live in the USA where the second amendment gives me the right to shoot fags like you.
Yeah bro "Them queer-o-sexuals won't escape my unregistered rifle!".
Newsflash: The second amendment does not give you the right to kill people for no reason.

Yea, I agree with you 100% Anasazi... IF he was talking about no reason

Absinthe is talking about right to bare arms against Sirtom93 if he saw him attempting to kill everyone in school.

:o! I just hope that your not against guns in usa btw... x.x you may ban guns and force innocent people to not buy guns, but those who are wanting to kill will find other ways.

PaulDaPigeon
PaulDaPigeon
  • Member since: Oct. 25, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:53 AM

WOW! Some german kid posts it on the net that he will do a massacre in his school and now some fucking achievement whore does the same here. seriously... You sir, are an asshole.

deckheadtottie
deckheadtottie
  • Member since: Oct. 21, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 59
Programmer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:54 AM

Right, just to cut a long story short...

The school this user goes to just contacted me to say thank you very much, the police are involved and the situation is being dealt with.

When I first contacted the police, all I had was an IP address, but you guys did great, thanks for getting that more detailed information; especially the school name, that meant I was able to inform them immediately. It was a HUGE help and made it so much easier.

Just to reiterate the school was very grateful. Well done, guys, you did good today.


#coys

BBS Signature
25272D
25272D
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:55 AM

At 3/17/09 10:54 AM, deckheadtottie wrote: Just to reiterate the school was very grateful. Well done, guys, you did good today.

So he's been caught?

Squalid
Squalid
  • Member since: Jun. 8, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 10:57 AM

At 3/17/09 10:54 AM, deckheadtottie wrote: Right, just to cut a long story short...

The school this user goes to just contacted me to say thank you very much, the police are involved and the situation is being dealt with.

When I first contacted the police, all I had was an IP address, but you guys did great, thanks for getting that more detailed information; especially the school name, that meant I was able to inform them immediately. It was a HUGE help and made it so much easier.

Just to reiterate the school was very grateful. Well done, guys, you did good today.

Well done to you for contacting the police/school asap.

Hope this kids gets whats coming to him, what an idiot.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Member since: Oct. 11, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 11:07 AM

another recent image. i guess that if the authorities have looked into this, they've already seen it since it's on page seven on his current post-history.

At 3/17/09 07:18 AM, Rig wrote:
At 3/17/09 07:16 AM, Ragnarokia wrote: I would think of it as a silly lie as no one would be stupid enough to post what they were going to do before or after doing it. But since you never know I approve of letting the police know just in case.
All the big recent school shooters have posted something like this online somewhere.

indeed, the finnish guy, Pekka-Eric Auvinen, from a year ago, or whatever, even posted himself practise firing his gun and posted online the day before. Attention is what they're looking for, or at least it's an important part. They wanna go out with a big boom, and it's something fundamental in most humans that we don't want to become forgotten.

normally i wouldn't care much if somone had a signature picture like sirtom93 have (the date for the columbine murders), but from this topic (be it a joke or not), and checking his fairly recent post-history, some of his posts indicate that he may actually be serious. Here's a reply he made in a thread I made about the recent german shootings:

At 3/11/09 01:29 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Rucklo you idiot, he didn't kill himself. And your just trying to make it sound unglamorous so others don't do it. Tim did a fucking impressive job, over 15 I hear - congrats and RIP.

and I'm pretty sure that, in case the police have looked through this thread and his post-history, they'll see that he's a big fan of black-metal, and other kinds of really brutal metal, along with Burzum etc. While it's fully possible to enjoy that kind of music without being a complete misfit-retard, alot of people have been goth, or found some kind of comfort with aggressive and brutal types of music, made friends with similiar minds (most who aren't serious about burning stuff to the ground etc).

it's good that people are stupid enough to post shit like this on forums (NGBBS-thread), it gives time to stop the misfit-retards to carry out what they threat to do.

Behind every tragedy lies very often another tragedy, in many cases a lifelong abuse or similiar - but when a victim decides to step over the line, and attempt to take actions and "get revenge on the society" (s)he'll have to face the law and get what deserved for that action/planned crime.

This is it.


Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

Ragnarokia
Ragnarokia
  • Member since: Sep. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 22
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 11:08 AM

Oh wow. I leave to play games and come back and its 7 pages long. I don't think he is ever going to see the end of this. He will be like Josh and the whole "Bedn" craze. Despite it being all his fault you got to still feel a little sorry for his posting future :p


When this post hits 88 mph, you're going to see some serious friendship.
Let's Player, Artist, Pony writer, Cuteness!

BBS Signature