Be a Supporter!

This is it.

  • 157,800 Views
  • 606 Replies
New Topic
RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:07 AM

At 3/17/09 09:04 AM, fallensoul289 wrote: True and I hope you are right and he is just bullshitting here, but I don't think he is. Maybe he didn't want to do it at first but since people are calling him out he has to do it. I just hope he doesn't or whatever he can ruin his life if he wants.

Maybe he was going to do it, I don't know, my point was that the very few, very extreme cases of this kind of thing shouldn't reflect the newgrounds userbase in any way.


BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:09 AM

At 3/17/09 09:07 AM, RedCoin wrote: Maybe he was going to do it, I don't know, my point was that the very few, very extreme cases of this kind of thing shouldn't reflect the newgrounds userbase in any way.

Looking at the reaction of the people in this thread, I'd say you're right, sir.


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
MattyT
MattyT
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:10 AM

At 3/17/09 09:07 AM, RedCoin wrote: Maybe he was going to do it, I don't know, my point was that the very few, very extreme cases of this kind of thing shouldn't reflect the newgrounds userbase in any way.

Don't throw out the entire dozen just because one egg is rotten kinda thing?


I write. I voice act. Drop me a PM. Sig by Ejit

BBS Signature
Sawdust
Sawdust
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:10 AM

Scratch that other useless post out, sorry mods and officers.

This is probably just an attention whore act blown out of proportion. If he has people that have pictures of him AND pertinent information about him on a particular website, I don't think he would even attempt something like this. But he may be a nut case, so that could be crossed out.

And I imagine that all he is doing is bluffing, he has no actual proof of his ownership of arson equipment, all he has is a picture of something resembling a dry-ice container. A blurry one at that. His former posts aren't exactly what you'd call reliable evidence too, I mean I could go on about how I am a millionare playboy for dozens of BBS and news posts, and establishing all of that with semi-interwoven posts regarding the matter. Like I could find pictures of an unknown person who looks that he has a playboy lifestyle and is rich and constantly show people that as my proof. I could reply to threads with answers that my established persona would say, and people would believe me, and if I say something such as "I got a part in a porno!!!" people would see the fake pictures and posts as proof.

So basically in a sense, what precautions we are taking to avert a controversy are good, but in my opinion this has been blown out of proportion in a sense.

MattyT
MattyT
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:14 AM

At 3/17/09 09:10 AM, Sawdust wrote: So basically in a sense, what precautions we are taking to avert a controversy are good, but in my opinion this has been blown out of proportion in a sense.

Doesn't matter if he's gonna do it or not, he's still doing the wrong thing. Better safe than sorry, wouldn't you agree?


I write. I voice act. Drop me a PM. Sig by Ejit

BBS Signature
RedCoin
RedCoin
  • Member since: Sep. 4, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:14 AM

At 3/17/09 09:10 AM, Sawdust wrote: So basically in a sense, what precautions we are taking to avert a controversy are good, but in my opinion this has been blown out of proportion in a sense.

I'm sure most of us feel like that, it's just better to make sure.


BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Member since: Mar. 27, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:15 AM

At 3/17/09 09:03 AM, Podburrys wrote: Key word being replica. I look at replica swords, own some, but I'm not going to stab anyone. Those things are likly unrelated and really shouldn't be mentioned.

Right, but you haven't made any public threats. It's totally true that the replica business may be unrelated, but given the situation I think it should be mentioned. It helps build a profile. Evidence is what typically convicts, not speculation.

Key word being competent.

True.

But I'd rather base my actions on the assumption that the lawyers are competent. That might sound naive, but otherwise why believe in the justice system at all?

Erk, I've opened a potential tangent.

Everything here can be used as evidence, and we have to be careful with what we say, because people can spin it. We know it's baseless, but in the right hands, an assumption like some of those made here can easily be spun to make OP seem mentally unstable

I know what you're saying... but even an incompetent defense lawyer would be able to say:

"The prosecution is basing their claims off of practically anonymous comments made in all likelihood by young teens on a website that attracts a demographic prone to controversy, radical left thinking and violence."

And I personally don't think a mentally stable person would ever post something like this on such public forum.

or make connections between unrelated things.

I'll keep my faith in hard evidence.

I just think we really need to be careful with this, as this could be someone's future we're inadvertedly toiling with. If you're going to comment, be smart about it and don't assume anything. That's all I'm trying to say. OP deserves to be treated without bias despite apparent idiocy.

Your points are completely valid, don't get me wrong. I just don't personally feel the need to try and moderate content that may be pertinent to something this serious. In ANY legal dispute there will be things that people can use to spin shit out of proportion. This thread does have the potential to do that... so do all the people that know him personally (especially those who dislike him). I don't feel this thread will have a massive impact besides being the origin point.


Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

Denvish
Denvish
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:15 AM

At 3/17/09 09:03 AM, Podburrys wrote: I just think we really need to be careful with this, as this could be someone's future we're inadvertedly toiling with. If you're going to comment, be smart about it and don't assume anything. That's all I'm trying to say. OP deserves to be treated without bias despite apparent idiocy.

Totally agree with this. Internet users too often forget or are unaware that what they type can have a direct effect on another user's life. The whole 'treat others as you'd like to be treated yourself' thing is probably at least as relevant online as IRL, despite the relative anonymity of the web.

At 3/17/09 09:10 AM, Sawdust wrote: So basically in a sense, what precautions we are taking to avert a controversy are good, but in my opinion this has been blown out of proportion in a sense.

You may well be right, but there's no harm in taking precautions in case you're not.


- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature
Podburrys
Podburrys
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:15 AM

At 3/17/09 09:10 AM, Sawdust wrote: So basically in a sense, what precautions we are taking to avert a controversy are good, but in my opinion this has been blown out of proportion in a sense.

This is exactly what I've been saying. Realistically, perhaps it's time the mods locked this with a post asking for further information about this be passed to Wade. People are making assumptions, pretending they know anything, and not realising this could very well mean this kid serves time. We have to be responsible; we've protected the school, now it's time to ensure this doesn't go any further. The thread could always be un-locked and updated by mods as the relevant info comes to hand. But we keep out the potentially damamging BS that's currently cropping up in these pages. We know nothing of this guy.


;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature
GeneralAC
GeneralAC
  • Member since: Apr. 10, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:17 AM

I hope this guy doesn't do it, He is basically throwing his life away if he does. Its a bad idea simply.


This post was valuable.

25272D
25272D
  • Member since: Oct. 22, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:17 AM

Zerok, please come online to AIM I need to speak with you urgently, I added ZerokNG.

Shreddy
Shreddy
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:21 AM

aside from points i've already made, my friend's little brother goes to this school,

i just contacted her and she has gone to collect him


-no ones home-

Denvish
Denvish
  • Member since: Apr. 25, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:22 AM

At 3/17/09 09:15 AM, Podburrys wrote: Realistically, perhaps it's time the mods locked this with a post asking for further information about this be passed to Wade.

I don't think any of the mods is going to override Wade's decision to keep this topic open


- - Flash - Music - Images - -

BBS Signature
RocketFetus
RocketFetus
  • Member since: Dec. 22, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:23 AM

Situation is pretty stupid.
I hate people that fool around like that. And if he wasn't fooling around and being serious, it's good that he was stupid enough to say it on a public forum with you guys that called it in.


also, dicks.

Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:23 AM

At 3/17/09 09:21 AM, Shreddy wrote: aside from points i've already made, my friend's little brother goes to this school,

i just contacted her and she has gone to collect him

Jeez, I hope nothing happens over there.


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
HahaISuckMoreThanYou
HahaISuckMoreThanYou
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:24 AM

Still though, I'd never thought someone be as much of a idiot as to use his username the same name as all his other stuff.

I want to send a email or make a instant messenger just to see if I could find out his ip-address, but that's pretty unnessessary as Wade already knows it (not to mention, we already know everything about him except his penis size).

Wouldn't it be great though to send a virus to his computer leading to hundreds of goatse sites and such, leading to the eventual lockdown of his computer when he turns it on?

I wouldn't do it of course as that is illegal and I don't posts current mischiefs unlike sirtom93 (especially in a public site made up primarily of teenagers who has mods who are against illegal activities).

Still thoughs, so this thread isn't going to be deleted? Because I just have to put this link in my sig xDD

Shreddy
Shreddy
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:26 AM

At 3/17/09 09:23 AM, Rig wrote:
At 3/17/09 09:21 AM, Shreddy wrote: aside from points i've already made, my friend's little brother goes to this school,

i just contacted her and she has gone to collect him
Jeez, I hope nothing happens over there.

she's got him home now anyway, so even if nothing happens its better to be safe than sorry


-no ones home-

Sawdust
Sawdust
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:27 AM

At 3/17/09 09:15 AM, Podburrys wrote: People are making assumptions, pretending they know anything, and not realising this could very well mean this kid serves time.

Speaking of that, I think all posts like that should be deleted, posts so full of wild assumptions about knowing what is going on could make this situation even worse. I seriously agree with you on this too:

The thread could always be un-locked and updated by mods as the relevant info comes to hand. But we keep out the potentially damamging BS that's currently cropping up in these pages. We know nothing of this guy.
Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:28 AM

At 3/17/09 09:26 AM, Shreddy wrote: she's got him home now anyway, so even if nothing happens its better to be safe than sorry

What's the school's website?


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Podburrys
Podburrys
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:31 AM

At 3/17/09 09:15 AM, Zerok wrote:
At 3/17/09 09:03 AM, Podburrys wrote: Key word being replica. I look at replica swords, own some, but I'm not going to stab anyone. Those things are likly unrelated and really shouldn't be mentioned.
Right, but you haven't made any public threats. It's totally true that the replica business may be unrelated, but given the situation I think it should be mentioned. It helps build a profile. Evidence is what typically convicts, not speculation.

Yes, I do think that information should be logged and stored for the authorities - It does build a profile, yes. My main concern is that we're essentially building a profile of this guy when we don't know anything about him. People here are joining dots, interpretting information and stating thier assumptions or thoughts as fact. We need to be indifferent, and whilst keeping the base info, not do the police's job for them. It's important they don't get on the wrong track by seeing all this instead of comming from a neutral standpoint if they find it all themselves.

Key word being competent.
True.

But I'd rather base my actions on the assumption that the lawyers are competent. That might sound naive, but otherwise why believe in the justice system at all?

Erk, I've opened a potential tangent.

I'm basing my opinions on the worset case scenario. He might get a good prosecutor, but realistically, we can all slip through the cracks.

Everything here can be used as evidence, and we have to be careful with what we say, because people can spin it. We know it's baseless, but in the right hands, an assumption like some of those made here can easily be spun to make OP seem mentally unstable
I know what you're saying... but even an incompetent defense lawyer would be able to say:

"The prosecution is basing their claims off of practically anonymous comments made in all likelihood by young teens on a website that attracts a demographic prone to controversy, radical left thinking and violence."

And I personally don't think a mentally stable person would ever post something like this on such public forum.

Again, cracks. Although most would state this, that direction of plea assumes there IS something wrong with the OP when realistically, he could be an idiot mucking around. We shouldn't be suggesting anything for either side, and let the proper parties sort this for themselves. They should gather the evidence and make the connections, not the same people who make cock jokes and don't realise the effect they could actually be having in real life.

or make connections between unrelated things.
I'll keep my faith in hard evidence.

This is not evidence. These are pieces of information gathered from various questionable sources, interperted, and posted. As I said, it's not up to us to do the police's job for them because in doing so we taint possible evidence with our interpretations. Even the fact we've done this portrays OP poorly.

I just think we really need to be careful with this, as this could be someone's future we're inadvertedly toiling with. If you're going to comment, be smart about it and don't assume anything. That's all I'm trying to say. OP deserves to be treated without bias despite apparent idiocy.
Your points are completely valid, don't get me wrong. I just don't personally feel the need to try and moderate content that may be pertinent to something this serious. In ANY legal dispute there will be things that people can use to spin shit out of proportion. This thread does have the potential to do that... so do all the people that know him personally (especially those who dislike him). I don't feel this thread will have a massive impact besides being the origin point.

What you're saying is also valid, but I really think we've past the point where our input is relevant. It should have stopped with contacting the police, which was the right thing. Now we're conconcting theories, stupidly excited about what's going on instead of removing ourselves from the situation. This does not concern the Newgrounds userbase anymore, this concerns the authorities. Whilst I'd like to think this thread may not have any real impact, the simple fact it could have any impact at all on someone's life is reason enough to stop this. We're overstepping our bounds and doing the police's job, which is not ours to do. I suggest you consult the other mods and Wade about locking this thread and updating us ONLY on the information that is relevant. This is getting out of hand.

Also, thank you Devinish and Zerox for listening to my point of view on this matter.


;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature
HahaISuckMoreThanYou
HahaISuckMoreThanYou
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:33 AM

At 3/17/09 09:27 AM, Sawdust wrote:
The thread could always be un-locked and updated by mods as the relevant info comes to hand. But we keep out the potentially damamging BS that's currently cropping up in these pages. We know nothing of this guy.

O come on, damaging BS? The worst that can happen is deserved flaming at the guy and utter laughter.

And we know everything about this guy, hell he even has a youtube page with two movies (though blurry) that has him in it for a couple seconds before showing his friend again

http://www.youtube.com/user/sirtom93

looks like complete idiots -_-'

Shreddy
Shreddy
  • Member since: Feb. 21, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:35 AM

At 3/17/09 09:28 AM, Rig wrote:
At 3/17/09 09:26 AM, Shreddy wrote: she's got him home now anyway, so even if nothing happens its better to be safe than sorry
What's the school's website?

http://frog.attleboroughhigh.norfolk.sch .uk/


-no ones home-

Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:36 AM

At 3/17/09 09:31 AM, Podburrys wrote: We're overstepping our bounds and doing the police's job, which is not ours to do. I suggest you consult the other mods and Wade about locking this thread and updating us ONLY on the information that is relevant. This is getting out of hand.

I'm PRETTY SURE the police can draw their own opinions from this mess without ours influencing theirs. Speculation and stuff is fine, jeez - if this thread were locked, others would be made.


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
SlashFirestorm
SlashFirestorm
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2003
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 40
Animator
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:37 AM

Well damn, this is kinda scary, especially since there are quite a few signs that the guy's unstable. Kudos to everyone who acted like adults and quickly got the dude's information to Wade and the authorities, so if he really is planning something, it might be stopped before he hurts others or himself. It's good to see that the Newgrounds community can act seriously when the need arises.

And if this is a prank, I hope they throw the damn book at him. It ain't funny.


Slash's call
was absorbed
by the darkness.

BBS Signature
MattyT
MattyT
  • Member since: Jul. 19, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Audiophile
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:38 AM

At 3/17/09 09:15 AM, Podburrys wrote: People are making assumptions, pretending they know anything

Look who's talking.


I write. I voice act. Drop me a PM. Sig by Ejit

BBS Signature
Podburrys
Podburrys
  • Member since: Oct. 19, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:45 AM

At 3/17/09 09:36 AM, Rig wrote:
At 3/17/09 09:31 AM, Podburrys wrote: We're overstepping our bounds and doing the police's job, which is not ours to do. I suggest you consult the other mods and Wade about locking this thread and updating us ONLY on the information that is relevant. This is getting out of hand.
I'm PRETTY SURE the police can draw their own opinions from this mess without ours influencing theirs. Speculation and stuff is fine, jeez - if this thread were locked, others would be made.

I dislike the idea of having a 'one-stop-shop' of evidence that draws conclusions. I'd like to think sometimes the police and prosecution don't cut corners, that the defense is always adequete, but sometimes it isn't. If we can avoid a cache of 'OMFG he told me once he wanted a REAL gun' or 'Yeah he threatened to kill me' sort of things that may influence some person - a cop or a lawyer are fallable like us - fantastic. On the internet, no-one knows who's being realistic or just having 'lulz' and attention whoring, this evidence is worthless unless collected from the correct sources. The net can harbour pathetic people who do do that. You're likly right in the assumption this thread won't be using in the way I fear, but I still believe that we should, if not respecting OP's privacy, we should lessen potential damage. The Real World doesn't always work as we hope and this is someone's life. Being an idiot doesn't mean we could potentially aid in a jail term for the poor fool by not taking it serious enough.


;){____/| Anime Reviews /|\ Actually an '06er /|\ New Short Story! More to come. |\ ____}(;

BBS Signature
HahaISuckMoreThanYou
HahaISuckMoreThanYou
  • Member since: Dec. 25, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:47 AM

At 3/17/09 09:37 AM, SlashFirestorm wrote: Well damn, this is kinda scary, especially since there are quite a few signs that the guy's unstable. Kudos to everyone who acted like adults and quickly got the dude's information to Wade and the authorities, so if he really is planning something, it might be stopped before he hurts others or himself. It's good to see that the Newgrounds community can act seriously when the need arises.

And if this is a prank, I hope they throw the damn book at him. It ain't funny.

It's always funny when you see a idiot get caught.

Seriously, gasoline? Has kind of a distinct smell don't ya think?

Though it is scary though, most people will just shrug the smell off like ignorant bastards.

Right now I would make suggestions of what you could do, but since you already fucked yourself over, see ya in 3-5 years :). At least you'll be almost the age of drinking by then.

AbsintheClock
AbsintheClock
  • Member since: Feb. 25, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Animator
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:48 AM

Boy am I glad to live in the USA where the second amendment gives me the right to shoot fags like you.


BBS Signature
ClickToPlay
ClickToPlay
  • Member since: Jan. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:53 AM

At 3/17/09 09:36 AM, Rig wrote:
I'm PRETTY SURE the police can draw their own opinions from this mess without ours influencing theirs. Speculation and stuff is fine, jeez - if this thread were locked, others would be made.

I agree.
The police do have enough experience understanding their position, and the actions they make.
We're just having a say in what we believe, nothing is getting out of hand.

So, did the guy actually do anything? Anyone got any information?


All Eyez On Me.

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 09:54 AM

At 3/17/09 09:45 AM, Podburrys wrote: I still believe that we should, if not respecting OP's privacy, we should lessen potential damage.

You're suggesting that we just stop talking about this until we get official permission? People will talk/spread rumors about this guy until the cows come home.

I think you're giving us WAY too much credit when you say that the defense/prosecution (IF a trial even happens) will latch on to any scrap of speculation we make in this thread, or on this site, or on the internet elsewhere. Believe it or not, the police are smart enough to follow up on reckless accusations and discard obvious lies.

I appreciate your opinion, but it's a bit naive to think that we hold as much legal sway as you suggest.


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature