Be a Supporter!

This is it.

  • 171,107 Views
  • 592 Replies
New Topic
Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:15:36

At 3/17/09 06:14 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Summary for dumbasses:

Sirtom93 was gonna pull a school massacre, and NG pwned him.

New page, new link.


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
solardave
solardave
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:16:21

Haha, oh wow. Well I guess well done to deckhead and Rig for doing the honourable thing. I bet Norfolk police where confused when a Canadian (you are canadian Rig?) called them about a possible arson.


qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

BBS Signature
Xurch
Xurch
  • Member since: Mar. 26, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 25
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:17:00

Has anything like this happened before on the forums?


BBS Signature
Larion
Larion
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:17:31

HOLY CRAP HE ACTUALLY DID IT!

LOL

SH09


...you think im kidding?

BBS Signature
SeaBoundRhino
SeaBoundRhino
  • Member since: Jan. 31, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:17:52

How do you say his parents are feeling?

Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:20:17

Now I fucking hate Sirtom93.

Just wanted to see if this story was worthy of being on the main news headlines page on the BBC website(no btw), and reading the headlines I discovered a very sad horrible story of animal cruelty, which I cried to while reading it. While I am aware that Sirtom didn't kill this animal, it's his fault for being such a little prick and trying to blow up people that my eyes were on this page in the first place!


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:20:52

At 3/17/09 06:16 PM, solardave wrote: Haha, oh wow. Well I guess well done to deckhead and Rig for doing the honourable thing. I bet Norfolk police where confused when a Canadian (you are canadian Rig?) called them about a possible arson.

The guy took it all in stride - very professional, he was.


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
agnryfaic
agnryfaic
  • Member since: Sep. 24, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:21:15

''Sometimes I just wanna burn it down. Burn the whole school, down to the ground!''

This is it.


Meh.

BBS Signature
mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Member since: Mar. 9, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:22:51

The youth's home address has been searched and a computer has been seized which is currently being analysed.

spelling....
also, that is a fate worse then a night in jail >.<


I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
SCUD14
SCUD14
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:23:59

At 3/17/09 06:23 PM, Sanjay wrote: I'm late on seeing this thread, but all i can say is, great job guys! I haven't gone through the entire thread yet, but if there is any links to this news, I'd like to read them.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfo lk/7949532.stm

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/n ews/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=N ewsSplash&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=News Splash&itemid=NOED17%20Mar%202009%2020:1 2:57:950


Stop looking

SCUD14
SCUD14
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:25:30

At 3/17/09 06:23 PM, SCUD14 wrote:
At 3/17/09 06:23 PM, Sanjay wrote: I'm late on seeing this thread, but all i can say is, great job guys! I haven't gone through the entire thread yet, but if there is any links to this news, I'd like to read them.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/norfo lk/7949532.stm

http://www.eveningnews24.co.uk/content/n ews/story.aspx?brand=ENOnline&category=N ewsSplash&tBrand=ENOnline&tCategory=News Splash&itemid=NOED17%20Mar%202009%2020:1 2:57:950

Second link fails. Also http://uk.news.yahoo.com/21/20090317/tuk -boy-caught-with-weapon-at-school-6323e8 0.html


Stop looking

BlakeMo
BlakeMo
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:26:01

At 3/17/09 12:32 PM, Luis wrote: Sometimes i wonder if i put myself at unnecessary risk going to different parts of the world meeting random people from the internet... maybe we can have metal detectors and fingerprinting at the next london thing

Bring me with you, I'll be your guises bodyguard!


Keepin' Calm and Chiving On
*clickable siggy*

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Member since: Oct. 29, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:26:26

Tell the Evening News more about this incident: Contact the newsdesk on 01603 772443 or email eveningnews@archant.co.ukTell the Evening News more about this incident: Contact the newsdesk on 01603 772443 or email eveningnews@archant.co.uk

So...who's gonna tell them? ;P


____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
sephiroth183
sephiroth183
  • Member since: Dec. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:26:35

SHIT cops are going to be scanning this thread & site!
quick guys, hide your e-Weed!!


Bacon goes with everything.

Krum
Krum
  • Member since: Oct. 10, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 13
Blank Slate

If in any way you disagree with this post, understand that you're a cunt.

solardave
solardave
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 16
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:28:09

Is NG actually being left out for a legal reason or because the media don't see it as important? Or is it because Tom and Wade didn't want it to be known. I was just curious that all of the articles say "a website"


qwertyuiopasdfghjklzxcvbnm

BBS Signature
SCUD14
SCUD14
  • Member since: Jun. 26, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:28:22

At 3/17/09 06:26 PM, Rig wrote: So...who's gonna tell them? ;P

I was tempted to link them to this thread with a new email address, but thought the po-po might not like it.


Stop looking

Shakyjake
Shakyjake
  • Member since: May. 7, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Programmer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:28:42

At 3/17/09 06:26 PM, Rig wrote: Tell the Evening News more about this incident: Contact the newsdesk on 01603 772443 or email eveningnews@archant.co.ukTell the Evening News more about this incident: Contact the newsdesk on 01603 772443 or email eveningnews@archant.co.uk

So...who's gonna tell them? ;P

I could sell them a link to this thread...

evan210
evan210
  • Member since: May. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:30:01

At 3/17/09 06:28 PM, solardave wrote: Is NG actually being left out for a legal reason or because the media don't see it as important? Or is it because Tom and Wade didn't want it to be known. I was just curious that all of the articles say "a website"

i know... i'm wondering who's gonna tell them it was us.

Xeptic
Xeptic
  • Member since: May. 12, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 32
Game Developer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:31:21

At 3/17/09 05:39 PM, Xeptic wrote: Found a knife as well :/, I wonder where they found that and where Tom was at the moment. If they go through my room at any one point they would also find matches and a few knives, that doesn't mean those items were going to be used in a school massacre. Cheap journalism.

So after some more detailed news article reading, apparently he was carrying the flammable material, matches and a knife in his schoolbag, at school. Which I suppose does infer that he is a twisted mofo.


BBS Signature
BlakeMo
BlakeMo
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:31:27

At 3/17/09 06:28 PM, solardave wrote: Is NG actually being left out for a legal reason or because the media don't see it as important? Or is it because Tom and Wade didn't want it to be known. I was just curious that all of the articles say "a website"

They probably don't want to reveal the website, cuz the world is mad at NG for the whole Torture Chamber games thing. "How could such a terrible website help stop a criminal?"
Brother please.


Keepin' Calm and Chiving On
*clickable siggy*

BBS Signature
Prinzy2
Prinzy2
  • Member since: Dec. 7, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Reader
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:31:26

At 3/17/09 06:26 PM, Krum wrote: BT Also has this one on their 'Headlines' section. Enjoy yourselves, but be responsible, kids.

So he was actually going to do it... Holy snapping duck shit.

I'd like to pat you guys all on the back, but my arms are too short. :(


Sig by triplenoob

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Member since: Sep. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 09
Gamer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:31:57

At 3/17/09 06:20 PM, Gagsy wrote: Now I fucking hate Sirtom93.

Just wanted to see if this story was worthy of being on the main news headlines page on the BBC website(no btw), and reading the headlines I discovered a very sad horrible story of animal cruelty, which I cried to while reading it. While I am aware that Sirtom didn't kill this animal, it's his fault for being such a little prick and trying to blow up people that my eyes were on this page in the first place!

Wow, that's an half a hour away from me. Wasn't me, I can't legally drive yet. Plus it's an animal, I wouldn't hurt it.

BBC News 24 hasn't mentioned anything yet, and I don't think ITN actuall y know about it yet. *checks on the web* Not yet. Plus the BBC News Ticker is stuck on Breaking News, which sucks.


This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
FrubberDucky
FrubberDucky
  • Member since: Mar. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:33:15

Good work rig, if he had of done it would be a major headline but because it was diverted nobody cares :( as it doesnt make good news...

Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:33:33

At 3/17/09 06:15 PM, Rig wrote:
At 3/17/09 06:14 PM, TB1ZZL3 wrote: Summary for dumbasses:

Sirtom93 was gonna pull a school massacre, and NG pwned him.
New page, new link.

"The youth's home address has been searched and a computer has been seized which is currently being analysed. "

I'm gonna laugh if they find porn on his computer.

The-One-Banana
The-One-Banana
  • Member since: Dec. 12, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:34:24

The NG BBS has reached a whole new level of awesome. At least, demonstrated in this thread.

I spent about an hour reading through the pages of this thread, and I was awestruck at the call to responsibility shown by the moderators, Tom and Wade.

Ask any regular. They know that the BBS can be a infestation of moronic, silly and immature threads and users; however, in a great outreach of responsibility, information was being compiled through the concerned members of newgrounds, and the result? Innocent lives were saved.

My only regret I just found this on the 20th page. I also resent the fact that the efforts made by the users here weren't credited by the online news sources, but maybe for good reason.

Kudos to all that helped in the effort. It's days like this that make the Internet, in particular, Newgrounds, truly awesome.


ambition and procrastination don't mix

TacoFreak
TacoFreak
  • Member since: Jul. 27, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:35:16

At 3/17/09 06:33 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
I'm gonna laugh if they find child porn on his computer.

fixed

also don't be so hard on him guys, what he did was wrong but I'm sure there was some reason behind it

AsthmaticHamster
AsthmaticHamster
  • Member since: Nov. 14, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 30
Filmmaker
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:36:24

Uh... what the hell...

I met the guy last August and he seemed so quiet and shy. Guess they're the most obvious basketcases in the long run... I actually took that first picture of him shown in the thread...

Anyway, kudos to everyone who acted out so quickly, especially Rig (I had a beer with a hero Sunday night, I'm so proud :D). The only thing that bothers me is that we'll probably never know if he was about to do it or if it was all just an hoax...

BlakeMo
BlakeMo
  • Member since: Nov. 23, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 22
Movie Buff
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:38:15

Oh yeah, HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY! I'm sure we all forgot that it is, what with this going on.

But they probably don't have the holiday in the UK right?

I'm tellin' ya, that final pinch drove him over the edge...

Keepin' Calm and Chiving On
*clickable siggy*

BBS Signature
Gagsy
Gagsy
  • Member since: May. 21, 2006
  • Online!
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 53
Audiophile
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 18:37:49

At 3/17/09 06:35 PM, TacoFreak wrote:
At 3/17/09 06:33 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
I'm gonna laugh if they find child porn on his computer.
fixed

I don't think that'd surprise me actually if they did.

Also, we need to do a sponsored "Buy Deckheadtottie and Rig Superman costumes".


[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature