• 624 Replies
agnryfaic
agnryfaic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:28:12

Sirtom...? Now why am I not surprised..? Good job though deckhead and Rig ;)

Meh.

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:29:17

At 3/17/09 03:25 PM, Burnzoid wrote: Will he still get prison time even if it still was a big joke and he had no intention of burning the school down? I mean technically he wasn't the one who "wasted police time"

He's 16... I'm not sure what the minority laws are like there in Britishland.

It all depends on the intent and his mental state. I don't think simply locking him away is how they'd go about "facilitating" him... sounds more like a case involving psychiatric help and/or juvenile correction facilities.

But all that is just what I feel about it, and I'm totally ignorant in terms of the specifics of the situation.

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

agnryfaic
agnryfaic
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 12
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:32:16

Now that I think of it, hasn't he posted a lot in that ''ms paint your school pet peeves'' thread, claiming how much he hated his classmates and how he is the only ''smart'' guy in his class?

Meh.

BBS Signature
Fleshlight
Fleshlight
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:33:10

I hear tons of threats against public places through my friends, but they never actually do anything. I bet if all of our conversations were recorded online, we would all be in prison being butt fucked by a big black guy.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:33:25

At 3/17/09 03:25 PM, Burnzoid wrote: Will he still get prison time even if it still was a big joke and he had no intention of burning the school down? I mean technically he wasn't the one who "wasted police time"

I remember, a little while ago, a girl was imprisoned for a few days for claiming she had a bomb in her bag at an airport "for a laugh".

While not as serious, it's not too much of a stretch to think that some of the laws broken in that case could apply here.

If he's being detained overnight, it's likely that it was more than just a joke anyway, so being sent to either a juvenile 'prison' or a psychaiatrist is also quite likely here too.

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:33:29

Suppose a few days from now he'll have internet access and returns to NG somehow, will he still be accepted on the BBS?

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
SymbolCymbal
SymbolCymbal
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Musician
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:33:45

OH GOD

i just realized that this is going to be and prolly is all over 4chan... fucking anons

YourFutureMaster
YourFutureMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:34:06

It's amazing that he has been arrested because of what happened on this thread.

I seriously wonder whether he was serious or not. Maybe the detective will tell one of the people who reported it once they are done questioning him, but maybe that will remain confidential information.

I hope that none of us are subpoenaed as witnesses and have to fly all the way out there.

Proud member of Funkbrs the Great's Church of Hate.
I hate this guy
This is why I hate apple (computer company)

BBS Signature
SCUD14
SCUD14
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 27
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:34:43

At 3/17/09 03:29 PM, Zerok wrote: But all that is just what I feel about it, and I'm totally ignorant in terms of the specifics of the situation.

Think he'd get put in some juvie joint and given a LOT of psychiatric therapy. Even if this is a big joke, shits and giggles of this context don't say much for someones mental state.

Stop looking

BrockManson
BrockManson
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 41
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:34:48

Looking at the pictures people have posted of him...

I reckon that had he tried anything, he'd have his head kicked in, the scraggly little ginger thing! No wonder he's mad!

:Don't arrest meh. D:

Some people feel content to pour syrup on shit and call it pancakes their whole lives.

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:37:40

At 3/17/09 03:27 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: No, they're reading the thread as it grows to see if the guy has given any other information to users that haven't logged in yet. Or they want to see what else is going to come of it.

Hah, well I share the amusement of the guy who imagined the person who gets to browse through NG as part of this investigation.

I doubt any local police department has the capability to script a word screening application in a matter of hours, especially one that expands with the web page.

In my mind they had already had one that they used when it was needed. Because this sort of thing happens all the time in Norfolk, I assume....... *cough*

>_>

At 3/17/09 03:32 PM, agnryfaic wrote: Now that I think of it, hasn't he posted a lot in that ''ms paint your school pet peeves'' thread, claiming how much he hated his classmates and how he is the only ''smart'' guy in his class?

Remember that hindsight is 20/20.

You can go scrolling through his post history and find allllll kinds of "clues" if you want to find them. Admittedly, his general attitude on these boards was never sunshine and happiness, and some of his recent posts are actually sort of indicative of this "plan."

25272D
25272D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:39:44

At 3/17/09 03:37 PM, Zerok wrote: You can go scrolling through his post history and find allllll kinds of "clues" if you want to find them. Admittedly, his general attitude on these boards was never sunshine and happiness, and some of his recent posts are actually sort of indicative of this "plan."

Problem is trying to see the difference between actual threats and just a bit of angst, I know some of the stuff I say would suggest I want to do illegal things, but if you knew me you'd see the things differently, it's the same as everyone, if you wanted to you could make mary poppins out to be a serial killer.

AlphaCentauri
AlphaCentauri
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Movie Buff
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:39:59

So I briefly read through this entire thread and come to the conclusion that:

This morning he made this thread before he left for school, very soon after newgrounders contact authorities to try and stop him, he was stopped before anything happed, and is now in custody. That is about it. right?

I didn't know the guy on the BBS, but this would have been insane if he actually got to do it (or if he was ever really going to do it.)

Imagine how terrible it wold have been if none of us did anything.

"Evidence shows that he actually posted what he was planning on doing on the Internet an hour or so before leaving. The users of the site all laughed about it and seemed to have a good time, and did nothing to contact authorities"

Yikes, good job team, we saved innocent lives!

You have to know your name.
LOOP
One day you'll all miss me.

BBS Signature
Burnzoid
Burnzoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:42:41

Has BBC Norfolk been contacted? Is anyone going to contact them?

I did it for the lulz:

BBS Signature
LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:42:32

Cops using that particular quote need to be shot. Or retire. Or just quit using it prior to wishing whomever to "have a nice day" after writing a $480 ticket to the one guy who doesn't run and sticks around to try to help y'all out.

Honestly though, hi coppers. I hope you're swell this afternoon. Good work nabbing this arsonist idiot. Mad props. Don't be dicks either.

We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:43:43

At 3/17/09 03:33 PM, SymbolCymbal wrote: OH GOD

i just realized that this is going to be and prolly is all over 4chan... fucking anons

I just checked and I have to scratch my eyes out. Also, he doesn't seem to be on it yet.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
HeartbreakHoldout
HeartbreakHoldout
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:45:27

What the fuck goes through peoples' minds to do this kind of shit? Just to think people like him are pretty indistinguishable from normal people on Newgrounds, it worries me.
It's scary that someone I have interacted with is capable of such... idiocy.

At 3/17/09 03:37 PM, Zerok wrote: In my mind they had already had one that they used when it was needed. Because this sort of thing happens all the time in Norfolk, I assume....... *cough*

I think Norfolk is quite possibly the most interesting place in Norfolk. Maybe.

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:47:52

At 3/17/09 03:42 PM, Burnzoid wrote: Has BBC Norfolk been contacted? Is anyone going to contact them?

Do you really think it's necessary? See gum's post on page 12 about why keeping the press outta this might be a good idea.

At 3/17/09 03:45 PM, HeartbreakHoldout wrote: I think Norfolk is quite possibly the most interesting place in Norfolk. Maybe.

And there's my daily recommended intake of giggles. =D

LazyDrunk
LazyDrunk
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:49:07

At 3/17/09 03:39 PM, 25272D wrote:
At 3/17/09 03:37 PM, Zerok wrote: You can go scrolling through his post history and find allllll kinds of "clues" if you want to find them. Admittedly, his general attitude on these boards was never sunshine and happiness, and some of his recent posts are actually sort of indicative of this "plan."
Problem is trying to see the difference between actual threats and just a bit of angst,

Yeah, that can be sorta hard in a writing-only context, whereas a video blog or something more of the Jeff Weise animations nature is a bit more compelling. A smiley after certain statements can be creepy, overused to the point of absurdity, or just downright code for sarcasm.

I wasn't serious about the shooting cop thing. Deadpan is how I type.

We gladly feast upon those who would subdue us.

BBS Signature
Sweeper128
Sweeper128
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Gamer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:52:08

At 3/17/09 03:47 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 3/17/09 03:42 PM, Burnzoid wrote: Has BBC Norfolk been contacted? Is anyone going to contact them?
Do you really think it's necessary? See gum's post on page 12 about why keeping the press outta this might be a good idea.

Doubt it will happen. Anything to demonise us Yoofs. Teens don't have anything better to do than torch some buildings and popping caps in asses. Two words: Daily Mail - they will spin this way out of proportion once they get the police release.

This is a Prime piece of real estate below.

BBS Signature
Funny-Man
Funny-Man
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Artist
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:54:50

I added him on Steam...

HE PLAYS COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE..!!! and a bunch of other random games.
I kinda figured he looked familiar, it says he hasn't been on for three days and his "tag" is P|4gue
hmm...if he makes it through this whole ordeal I'm going to message him.

NO NO! Cut the GREEN Wire!

BBS Signature
25272D
25272D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:55:39

At 3/17/09 03:54 PM, Funny-Man wrote: I added him on Steam...

HE PLAYS COUNTER STRIKE SOURCE..!!! and a bunch of other random games.
I kinda figured he looked familiar, it says he hasn't been on for three days and his "tag" is P|4gue
hmm...if he makes it through this whole ordeal I'm going to message him.

He's obsessed with doom.

Burnzoid
Burnzoid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:55:52

I can guarantee it will happen. Either the police will release the information or someone on here will sell the story to local news or larger news such as the daily mail.

I'll have no part in it but it will be interesting to watch.

I did it for the lulz:

BBS Signature
evan210
evan210
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:56:51

I wonder if this will get any attention from the media...

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:57:04

At 3/17/09 03:55 PM, Burnzoid wrote: someone on here will sell the story

Nobody will be able to sell a story that anyone can read for themselves for free.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:57:37

At 3/17/09 03:52 PM, Sweeper128 wrote: Two words: Daily Mail - they will spin this way out of proportion once they get the police release.

Good thing no-one listens to their politically motivated, sensationalist bullshit rantings then.

Well, okay, SOME people do, but.... let's just say I rarely meet them outside of pubs or dole offices. :P

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:58:18

At 3/17/09 03:55 PM, Burnzoid wrote: I'll have no part in it but it will be interesting to watch.

Indeed.

If you find links post 'em.

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:58:32

And I didn't even talk about the social implications. You want to drive a man crazy? Shove ten cameras in his face all day long and harass the hell out of him. I'd assume guys like sirtom have a long history of perceiving abuse from their surrounds. Sicking the media on the kid would only mess him up more.

I'm not saying a guy who tries to burn his school down deserves sympathy, but surely he's still a human being. And I don't think adding more stress to his life will serve anyone.

You don't really need to know anything about him, even if he wants you to know sometimes its best not to know.

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Britkid
Britkid
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:59:46

A forenote...if a link to this topic ends up on the BBC or something, I want this post deleted. Thanks loves.

But shouldn't we all be charged for wasting police time? I mean, if I was the guy scouring this topic for relevant replies to their case, I would be very frustrated surfing through all the rubbish. I mean, even this seemingly irrelevant post could have a reference in it somewhere (it doesn't). The guy has to keep reading. To the end of every sentence. Hahahaha, sucker.

When I first saw this thread though, I did think that even had he succeeded, it might not make it onto BBC Norfolk. I mean, in a place of such metropolitan buzz, there are so many interesting things going on that a mere school massacre would appear trivial.

Give my thoughts form and make them look insightful.

ThoseSneakyFrench
ThoseSneakyFrench
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 16:01:24

While I In no way agree with what Sirtom has tried to do, I can only hope that this all turns out OK. He is obviously troubled, and hopefully he will get the psychological help he needs to one day put this all behind him.

I send my condolences to him and his family, and really hope for the best.

You may have brought this upon yourself Sirtom, but I only wish that you be able to climb this hurdle in your life, and get the counciling you need.