Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:25 PM

At 3/17/09 02:23 PM, Zerok wrote:
At 3/17/09 02:20 PM, Rig wrote: I think it was just deckheadtottie and I who actually called the police. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Wade may have been in contact with people, unless he forwarded info through you guys.

Wade gave info to deck, who gave it to the school and police.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:25 PM

At 3/17/09 02:22 PM, BananaBreadMuffin wrote: If so, Norfolk may be the place for you.

Sounds akin to the northern tundra wastes of Canada.
Or maybe a close cousin to the Prairies.

Zerok blog: PM me if you like music | My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

mariomusicmaker1
mariomusicmaker1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:27 PM

ya know what would be fucking funny ( somthing similar happned to me) If some one hacked his account and is now fucking up his life for the lulz?

yea... i can see it happening.

I Stopped A Rape!!!
" If music is an art, let your car be the canvas, "

BBS Signature
25272D
25272D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:27 PM

There's days when you think; "The internet is so awesome". This is one of those days.

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:34 PM

At 3/17/09 02:03 PM, 36Holla wrote:
At 3/17/09 12:47 PM, Rucklo wrote: in all seriousness, with all the bullshit PM's (including death-threats from 14-year olds) one have to put up with for having banned somone
Seriously?

yea, some kids go banana when they get banned, and when explained further why they got banned via PM (they start the PM convo usually by send someting similiar to "OMFG Y DID U BAN ME I DIUN NUFFIN RONG!!!), they either realise that they're wrong, and start trolling beause of that, or they're don't - either way, in some cases they end up filling up your PM inbox with shitload of crap. i don't think i ever got anything else than the average pissed off teenager, and i never thought of any of the PM's to be like "tomorrow you're gonna die" type of messages, but "you're so fucking stupid for banning me i'm gonna fuckign kill you bla bla bla" is too a death-threat, even if it's not seriously meant.

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

<deleted>
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:37 PM

Now that I've finally read through this entire thread, I can safely say a big well done to the guys that got directly involved with helping the matters, the Newgrounds protocol on how moderators and admins react to this sort of thing (sieg heil, and all that), and everyone else that posted in times of uncertainty.

Admittedly, the reading took this long because I was looking for my Miami Vice soundtrack CD. Yes, seriously. Hey, at least it looks like I've missed out on some bad quality parody threads. Yay! Today turned out well after all.

Oh yeah, and he was always a little odd, and not really a good poster. Opinions are opinions I suppose.

LeidUndElend
LeidUndElend
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:42 PM

Wadolf was instrumental in sending Sirtom to a Norfolk concentration camp. Well done!

25272D
25272D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate

Let's play a game:
What happens now?

I'm inclined to think he'll get charged and end up with community service... not at a school though.

36Holla
36Holla
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 37
Filmmaker

At 3/17/09 02:34 PM, Rucklo wrote:
At 3/17/09 02:03 PM, 36Holla wrote: Seriously?
yea, some kids go banana when they get banned, and when explained further why they got banned via PM (they start the PM convo usually by send someting similiar to "OMFG Y DID U BAN ME I DIUN NUFFIN RONG!!!), they either realise that they're wrong, and start trolling beause of that, or they're don't - either way, in some cases they end up filling up your PM inbox with shitload of crap. i don't think i ever got anything else than the average pissed off teenager, and i never thought of any of the PM's to be like "tomorrow you're gonna die" type of messages, but "you're so fucking stupid for banning me i'm gonna fuckign kill you bla bla bla" is too a death-threat, even if it's not seriously meant.

I just can't understand how being banned from this forum could possibly make someone mad to that degree. It's not a new idea of kids being pissed off at being banned but when a possible death threat, even when it's not serious, enters the mix it just says to me that these people are worked up the point where they're not thinking before they type.

Just to be safe though, you should sleep with one eye open and possibly have a crossbow with thermite arrows underneath your mattress. Oh and don't forget the explosive charges set up at the entrance of your place. You know...just in case. ;)

Sig by THEJamoke Contributor to PONIES: The Anthology 2 and Anthology 3 Go watch them now!

BBS Signature
YourFutureMaster
YourFutureMaster
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:44 PM

I bet this is fake, but even if it is real it's been reported by several people who already posted here so the ass of Newgrounds has been covered.

I seriously doubt this is real though. He probably posted this as a really tasteless joke.

Proud member of Funkbrs the Great's Church of Hate.
I hate this guy
This is why I hate apple (computer company)

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:45 PM

At 3/17/09 02:42 PM, 36Holla wrote: I just can't understand how being banned from this forum could possibly make someone mad to that degree.

Well, I can't understand what drives people to kill their own kids, but it happens.

That's a more extreme example, I suppose. In the case of BBS-butthurt... consider the fact that we have a lot of genuine angst bled out onto these forums... a lot kids also resent authority. Imagine you're one of these pissed of at life little wankers and you finally get onto NG after another hellish day at school, and you make some sort of topic that rubs a mod the wrong way and BAM the authoritative mod has just ruined your BBS fun.

You can imagine some people just going off. It's happened to most of us, I would assume. The active General mods, at least.

Just to be safe though, you should sleep with one eye open and possibly have a crossbow with thermite arrows underneath your mattress. Oh and don't forget the explosive charges set up at the entrance of your place. You know...just in case. ;)

Tripwires and claymore.

:D

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:46 PM

At 3/17/09 02:44 PM, YourFutureMaster wrote: I seriously doubt this is real though. He probably posted this as a really tasteless joke.

i don't think he's gonna tell the police that he was actually going to do it if he was, so in case they don't find stuff that indicates that he was all serious business, it's gonna be a bit more difficult to nail him for it. but who knows...

Join the Newgrounds Battlefield 3 Platoon (for PC)! DON'T ASK WHAT YOUR GAME CAN DO FOR YOU, ASK WHAT YOU CAN DO FOR, UH, NEWGROUNDS! ON BATTLEFIELD 3. eh...

25272D
25272D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:47 PM

At 3/17/09 02:44 PM, YourFutureMaster wrote: I bet this is fake, but even if it is real it's been reported by several people who already posted here so the ass of Newgrounds has been covered.

I seriously doubt this is real though. He probably posted this as a really tasteless joke.

Read the thread, why do people suck so much?

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:47 PM

Dang, I thought sirtom93 was one of the good guys.

Who knows, this topic being a prank gone out of control and him returning and being like.
"Oh shit guys, I was only joking!"

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
jmalouin7
jmalouin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:51 PM

It would be awesome if he was home schooled

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:52 PM

At 3/17/09 02:47 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: Dang, I thought sirtom93 was one of the good guys.

Who knows, this topic being a prank gone out of control and him returning and being like.
"Oh shit guys, I was only joking!"

I'm waiting for him to post here and say "I'm back." You know, but in the creepiest way ever.

My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:53 PM

At 3/17/09 02:52 PM, xscoot wrote: I'm waiting for him to post here and say "I'm back." You know, but in the creepiest way ever.

If his parents have any sense he wont be touching a computer in a very long time.

Mz-frost95-fr
Mz-frost95-fr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:54 PM

Well if you NEED to feel satisfaction, then go ahead!

But if you value your freedom, then don't be an idiot.

K?

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:54 PM

At 3/17/09 02:51 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: It would be awesome if he was home schooled

lmao! it'd end up being another cat-beating or shit like that in that case :D

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 30
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:55 PM

I'm just waiting for sirtom's parents to blame Newgrounds for all of this. That's what I'm waiting for.

| The Interviewer | Review Terms 3.0 | [This Space For Rent ] | Club Stoic |

BBS Signature
<deleted>

At 3/17/09 02:42 PM, 36Holla wrote: I just can't understand how being banned from this forum could possibly make someone mad to that degree. It's not a new idea of kids being pissed off at being banned but when a possible death threat, even when it's not serious, enters the mix it just says to me that these people are worked up the point where they're not thinking before they type.

I definately agree. Back in the days, when I was banned a fair bit (or, a lot of times as any mod will see in the logs and such) there could have been times when I tutted at the screen or something, in very quiet frustration, which would've been largely the result of one of those posting-in-a-spam-thread bans where I didn't really know what defined a spam thread. That would be it though really.

Most of the time, I brought it upon myself though being an idiot, and just spamming or whatever. That's no fun, when it wasn't even humourous in my cases. Oh well, these are better days... I hope ;)

I did feel sorry (or something better, words have left me) for Rucklo specifically though the other day, when some guy posted a thread that Rucklo locked and gave a specific lock message on what to with it. The guy just goes ahead and acts like an arse in a new thread. I mean, to enjoy posting here, you have to be not banned, so when a mod is being nice to you, you should be taking it on board, not acting like you've got jerk rights. I'm just ranting because it annoyed me a little. Ah, I guess the mods put up with that shit alot anyway.

I've said it before: I wish bigbadron was still around. I remember his responses to "death threats" or any other sort of threat being quite funny.

Cyprus
Cyprus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Movie Buff

At 3/17/09 02:51 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: It would be awesome if he was home schooled

Haha, I lol'd at that so hard...
I read pretty much every page, and I saw certain people were able to post a lot of his personal info... I think Zerok was one of them, was this info obtained before a meet or something? Or just people who befriended him on NG?

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:56 PM

I imagine that the police & school will do everything in their power to keep this out of the press's hands. Its a PR situation and there may be privacy laws in the UK for discipline etc. In certain places in the U.S. it is illegal for a school to discuss disciplinary proceedings. I know from personal experience. The standard response is that the situation is being dealt with.

The school doesn't want the focus of having a mentally deranged child on their hands.

The police don't want copy cats.

And there isn't much of a story here besides a foiled case. I think it would be better for everyone if just punishment were dolled out to sirtom, his ties were investigated and the whole matter was kept quiet. Also, rehabilitation and counseling for all involved because a kid like that doesn't get miraculously better over night, he just does something later.

swarmswarmswarm

Newgrounds Anthology? 20,000 Word Max. [Submit]

Music? Click Sig:

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:57 PM

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, Cyprus wrote: I read pretty much every page, and I saw certain people were able to post a lot of his personal info... I think Zerok was one of them, was this info obtained before a meet or something? Or just people who befriended him on NG?

He gave a lot of info on his bebo account.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:58 PM

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, Cyprus wrote:
I read pretty much every page, and I saw certain people were able to post a lot of his personal info... I think Zerok was one of them, was this info obtained before a meet or something? Or just people who befriended him on NG?

What's the idea of throwing private intel out on a public place?

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

BBS Signature
Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 02:59 PM

At 3/17/09 02:56 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: And there isn't much of a story here besides a foiled case. I think it would be better for everyone if just punishment were dolled out to sirtom, his ties were investigated and the whole matter was kept quiet. Also, rehabilitation and counseling for all involved because a kid like that doesn't get miraculously better over night, he just does something later.

swarmswarmswarm

but public humiliation is a punishment sooooooooooo much more fun. for the public. :D

25272D
25272D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 03:00 PM

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, Cyprus wrote: I read pretty much every page, and I saw certain people were able to post a lot of his personal info... I think Zerok was one of them, was this info obtained before a meet or something? Or just people who befriended him on NG?

I had his address and telephone number from 'business' we partook in last year, his bebo was easily obtainable; google for Thomas Briggs.

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 03:00 PM

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, Scarab wrote: I've said it before: I wish bigbadron was still around. I remember his responses to "death threats" or any other sort of threat being quite funny.

"wah"

:D

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, simple-but-sandy wrote: So, if he ever does return to NG, how do we treat him then?

Beh, treat him however you want. A word of caution: I, for one, am not going to tolerate a billion threads mocking him or people trolling him if he returns, simply because that falls under BBS rule violations. It's really not our responsibility to maintain his psyche... asking the internet "to be nice or he might snap" is rather futile.

If HE starts trying to brag / bring attention to it, I'll let people with his contact information know since it's something that they'd probably want to keep an eye on.

The ideal situation is that everyone mostly forgets about this after a week or so and if he returns he considers a terrible mistake and pretends it never happened. Unfortunately this is permanent troll food now.

=\

Skraal2099
Skraal2099
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. Mar. 17th, 2009 @ 03:02 PM

Well, it's finally over. Maybe now Newgrounds will get some good publicity for once.

BBS Signature