• 590 Replies
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:45:56

At 3/17/09 02:42 PM, 36Holla wrote: I just can't understand how being banned from this forum could possibly make someone mad to that degree.

Well, I can't understand what drives people to kill their own kids, but it happens.

That's a more extreme example, I suppose. In the case of BBS-butthurt... consider the fact that we have a lot of genuine angst bled out onto these forums... a lot kids also resent authority. Imagine you're one of these pissed of at life little wankers and you finally get onto NG after another hellish day at school, and you make some sort of topic that rubs a mod the wrong way and BAM the authoritative mod has just ruined your BBS fun.

You can imagine some people just going off. It's happened to most of us, I would assume. The active General mods, at least.

Just to be safe though, you should sleep with one eye open and possibly have a crossbow with thermite arrows underneath your mattress. Oh and don't forget the explosive charges set up at the entrance of your place. You know...just in case. ;)

Tripwires and claymore.

:D

My (retired) webcomic: Pizza For Guys

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:46:42

At 3/17/09 02:44 PM, YourFutureMaster wrote: I seriously doubt this is real though. He probably posted this as a really tasteless joke.

i don't think he's gonna tell the police that he was actually going to do it if he was, so in case they don't find stuff that indicates that he was all serious business, it's gonna be a bit more difficult to nail him for it. but who knows...

Wakka wakka

25272D
25272D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:47:10

At 3/17/09 02:44 PM, YourFutureMaster wrote: I bet this is fake, but even if it is real it's been reported by several people who already posted here so the ass of Newgrounds has been covered.

I seriously doubt this is real though. He probably posted this as a really tasteless joke.

Read the thread, why do people suck so much?

RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:47:40

Dang, I thought sirtom93 was one of the good guys.

Who knows, this topic being a prank gone out of control and him returning and being like.
"Oh shit guys, I was only joking!"

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

jmalouin7
jmalouin7
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:51:48

It would be awesome if he was home schooled

If you are reading this, it means I have posted. Whether or not I am still posting, this has left its mark, for many years to come.

BBS Signature
xscoot
xscoot
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:52:19

At 3/17/09 02:47 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: Dang, I thought sirtom93 was one of the good guys.

Who knows, this topic being a prank gone out of control and him returning and being like.
"Oh shit guys, I was only joking!"

I'm waiting for him to post here and say "I'm back." You know, but in the creepiest way ever.

My PSN ID is xscoot. Crazy, huh?

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:53:25

At 3/17/09 02:52 PM, xscoot wrote: I'm waiting for him to post here and say "I'm back." You know, but in the creepiest way ever.

If his parents have any sense he wont be touching a computer in a very long time.

Mz-frost95-fr
Mz-frost95-fr
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Melancholy
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:54:15

Well if you NEED to feel satisfaction, then go ahead!

But if you value your freedom, then don't be an idiot.

K?

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:54:59

At 3/17/09 02:51 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: It would be awesome if he was home schooled

lmao! it'd end up being another cat-beating or shit like that in that case :D

Wakka wakka

The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:55:05

I'm just waiting for sirtom's parents to blame Newgrounds for all of this. That's what I'm waiting for.

<deleted>
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:55:34

At 3/17/09 02:42 PM, 36Holla wrote: I just can't understand how being banned from this forum could possibly make someone mad to that degree. It's not a new idea of kids being pissed off at being banned but when a possible death threat, even when it's not serious, enters the mix it just says to me that these people are worked up the point where they're not thinking before they type.

I definately agree. Back in the days, when I was banned a fair bit (or, a lot of times as any mod will see in the logs and such) there could have been times when I tutted at the screen or something, in very quiet frustration, which would've been largely the result of one of those posting-in-a-spam-thread bans where I didn't really know what defined a spam thread. That would be it though really.

Most of the time, I brought it upon myself though being an idiot, and just spamming or whatever. That's no fun, when it wasn't even humourous in my cases. Oh well, these are better days... I hope ;)

I did feel sorry (or something better, words have left me) for Rucklo specifically though the other day, when some guy posted a thread that Rucklo locked and gave a specific lock message on what to with it. The guy just goes ahead and acts like an arse in a new thread. I mean, to enjoy posting here, you have to be not banned, so when a mod is being nice to you, you should be taking it on board, not acting like you've got jerk rights. I'm just ranting because it annoyed me a little. Ah, I guess the mods put up with that shit alot anyway.

I've said it before: I wish bigbadron was still around. I remember his responses to "death threats" or any other sort of threat being quite funny.

Cyprus
Cyprus
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Movie Buff
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:55:48

At 3/17/09 02:51 PM, jmalouin7 wrote: It would be awesome if he was home schooled

Haha, I lol'd at that so hard...
I read pretty much every page, and I saw certain people were able to post a lot of his personal info... I think Zerok was one of them, was this info obtained before a meet or something? Or just people who befriended him on NG?

gumOnShoe
gumOnShoe
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:56:46

I imagine that the police & school will do everything in their power to keep this out of the press's hands. Its a PR situation and there may be privacy laws in the UK for discipline etc. In certain places in the U.S. it is illegal for a school to discuss disciplinary proceedings. I know from personal experience. The standard response is that the situation is being dealt with.

The school doesn't want the focus of having a mentally deranged child on their hands.

The police don't want copy cats.

And there isn't much of a story here besides a foiled case. I think it would be better for everyone if just punishment were dolled out to sirtom, his ties were investigated and the whole matter was kept quiet. Also, rehabilitation and counseling for all involved because a kid like that doesn't get miraculously better over night, he just does something later.

swarmswarmswarm

BBS Signature
Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:57:38

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, Cyprus wrote: I read pretty much every page, and I saw certain people were able to post a lot of his personal info... I think Zerok was one of them, was this info obtained before a meet or something? Or just people who befriended him on NG?

He gave a lot of info on his bebo account.

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
RubberTrucky
RubberTrucky
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:58:43

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, Cyprus wrote:
I read pretty much every page, and I saw certain people were able to post a lot of his personal info... I think Zerok was one of them, was this info obtained before a meet or something? Or just people who befriended him on NG?

What's the idea of throwing private intel out on a public place?

RubberJournal: READY DOESN'T EVEN BEGIN TO DESCRIBE IT!
Mathematics club: we have beer and exponentials.
Cartoon club: Cause Toons>> Charlie Sheen+Raptor

Rucklo
Rucklo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 40
Audiophile
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 14:59:34

At 3/17/09 02:56 PM, gumOnShoe wrote: And there isn't much of a story here besides a foiled case. I think it would be better for everyone if just punishment were dolled out to sirtom, his ties were investigated and the whole matter was kept quiet. Also, rehabilitation and counseling for all involved because a kid like that doesn't get miraculously better over night, he just does something later.

swarmswarmswarm

but public humiliation is a punishment sooooooooooo much more fun. for the public. :D

Wakka wakka

25272D
25272D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:00:23

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, Cyprus wrote: I read pretty much every page, and I saw certain people were able to post a lot of his personal info... I think Zerok was one of them, was this info obtained before a meet or something? Or just people who befriended him on NG?

I had his address and telephone number from 'business' we partook in last year, his bebo was easily obtainable; google for Thomas Briggs.

Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:00:54

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, Scarab wrote: I've said it before: I wish bigbadron was still around. I remember his responses to "death threats" or any other sort of threat being quite funny.

"wah"

:D

At 3/17/09 02:55 PM, simple-but-sandy wrote: So, if he ever does return to NG, how do we treat him then?

Beh, treat him however you want. A word of caution: I, for one, am not going to tolerate a billion threads mocking him or people trolling him if he returns, simply because that falls under BBS rule violations. It's really not our responsibility to maintain his psyche... asking the internet "to be nice or he might snap" is rather futile.

If HE starts trying to brag / bring attention to it, I'll let people with his contact information know since it's something that they'd probably want to keep an eye on.

The ideal situation is that everyone mostly forgets about this after a week or so and if he returns he considers a terrible mistake and pretends it never happened. Unfortunately this is permanent troll food now.

=\

Skraal2099
Skraal2099
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:02:54

Well, it's finally over. Maybe now Newgrounds will get some good publicity for once.

BBS Signature
Wrinkles
Wrinkles
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:03:41

After reading through this whole thing, I'm extremely surprised some people acted like they did, when I read the first post I figured it would be 9 "DO IT" posts and a lock.

Newgrounds can be a topsy-turvy place.

Nice job to the couple of people that contacted authorities.

BBS Signature
Zerok
Zerok
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 34
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:03:58

At 3/17/09 02:58 PM, RubberTrucky wrote: What's the idea of throwing private intel out on a public place?

1) To avert a potential tragedy.
2) It was public information. Private info was forwarded to Wade via PM.

At 3/17/09 03:02 PM, Emanhattan wrote: I hate to be a party pooper but didnt the kid got stopped like 7 pages ago can we please lock this thread

I hate to rain on your parade but didn't Wade post on page ONE not to lock it?

Yeah.

Wegra
Wegra
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:05:06

At 3/17/09 12:11 PM, Rig wrote:
At 3/17/09 12:05 PM, joabos wrote: I hope the police gets there soon.
sirtom is in custody.

Oh thank god! See this is why you should like the mods. Mods are here to protect you guys and prevent crazy things like these from happening at your school. I hope that little shit gets raped in Jail for all I care. Keep doing your work Mods. And lets hope this will never happen again.

I have a penis

BBS Signature
MasterBalls
MasterBalls
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 04
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:06:46

"Leave this topic, authorities are being contacted."

Why did I just imagine Wade in his sunglasses with a double barreled shotgun.

What a cool thing to say.

And if we run outta bullets? Heh, baby, they're gonna wish we hadn't....

BBS Signature
DarKsidE555
DarKsidE555
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Musician
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:07:52

serious thread is serious...

This is it.

I are pwnan teh lollbarian!
...SoS - We rape responsibly...

BBS Signature
The-Great-One
The-Great-One
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 30
Writer
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:09:42

At 3/17/09 03:07 PM, DarKsidE555 wrote: serious thread is serious...

I know this thread is a bit serious... but that pic just lightened the mood somewhat. Bravo!

Rig
Rig
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Musician
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:09:47

Just got off the phone with the detective. Tom will be in custody overnight.

Also, they're still monitoring the thread. Hi, guys!

____________________________Bel-Air remixes! You must listen!____________________________

BBS Signature
Fim
Fim
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 47
Audiophile
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:09:45

kid got buried :P

BBS Signature
ManlyMan97
ManlyMan97
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 20
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:11:29

This idiot posted on NG that he was going to set fire to this school!

Also, did any of you NGers see how many threads that are parodying this one! It makes me laugh like crazy!

Even if he was serious, it's over now...

I enter the BBS with pride.

BBS Signature
Warrickneff
Warrickneff
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Reader
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:11:58

At 3/17/09 03:09 PM, Rig wrote: Just got off the phone with the detective. Tom will be in custody overnight.

Did they make you pay for the international call? Or was it on their dime?

BBS Signature
25272D
25272D
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to This is it. 2009-03-17 15:12:24

Hey detective, I've got a knife in my pocket! Do I get a rub down? ;)