00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

black metal?

1,133 Views | 11 Replies

black metal? 2009-03-15 19:12:20

I was wondering, because I see that newgrounds doesnt have a genre for black metal, and I havn't heard any black metal songs, so I was wondering if anyone really liked black metal...I mean if you do or whatnot, just post a thing with your favorite black metal artists

Death is only the Beginning. Death is all that is real. Heliosohophism.

Response to black metal? 2009-03-15 19:20:29

Go here

The Audio Forum is for discussion of the creation of music, not listening and appreciation. For that go to General or the Clubs and Crews Forum.

Response to black metal? 2009-03-15 19:46:11

At 3/15/09 07:20 PM, gregaaron89 wrote: Go here

The Audio Forum is for discussion of the creation of music, not listening and appreciation. For that go to General or the Clubs and Crews Forum.

well ya but I was looking for a strictly black metal forum ;(

Response to black metal? 2009-03-15 19:46:38

At 3/15/09 07:12 PM, burnoutfool wrote: I was wondering, because I see that newgrounds doesnt have a genre for black metal, and I havn't heard any black metal songs, so I was wondering if anyone really liked black metal...I mean if you do or whatnot, just post a thing with your favorite black metal artists

I love black metal, but lets keep it underground! Um nothin to see here folks, just listen to rap mmk?

Response to black metal? 2009-03-15 19:52:01

At 3/15/09 07:46 PM, mikkalthered wrote:
At 3/15/09 07:12 PM, burnoutfool wrote: I was wondering, because I see that newgrounds doesnt have a genre for black metal, and I havn't heard any black metal songs, so I was wondering if anyone really liked black metal...I mean if you do or whatnot, just post a thing with your favorite black metal artists
I love black metal, but lets keep it underground! Um nothin to see here folks, just listen to rap mmk?

Agreed, I always liked the sound of undergound BM rather then mainstream, like Cradle or Dimmu

Response to black metal? 2009-03-16 00:32:06

BM rather then mainstream, like Cradle or Dimmu
but isn't cradle of filth gothic romanticism?

Response to black metal? 2009-03-16 11:43:28

At 3/16/09 12:32 AM, mikkalthered wrote: BM rather then mainstream, like Cradle or Dimmu
but isn't cradle of filth gothic romanticism?

It's more like wanna-be BM, and to answer the OP's question... the reason it's not a genre here is because BM is way too much of a niche genre, and would basically just be a waste of their time trying to implement it. I know it sucks, I wish there were more specific genres too.

Response to black metal? 2009-03-16 12:20:17

Black metal is a subgenre of metal. The suggestion of more (sub-)genres have been brought forth countless times. Those kind of suggestions should be posted in the suggestions forum, though as it has been done lots of times in the past, don't do it there either.

Response to black metal? 2009-03-16 12:44:44

I'd much rather listen to something like Dimmu Borgir's In Sorte Diaboli 'cause it has far better production than the totally hardcore rock my socks underground shit.
However I did see a Scottish black metal band a while about live. Not bad. Wouldn't listen to it on CD though.

Response to black metal? 2009-03-16 13:11:30

you say theres no black metal here? you just don't look in the right places. Since BM isn't really the most popular genre, it's not going to be found in the tops. I had a few black metal songs up before I deleted some of my tracks, but none anymore.

the only old BM track of mine I could find is on BadMan inc's audio, he did vocals and a solo on one of my original songs. It's not really much like dimmu borgir (although I did write songs like that), but it's a form of black metal.

Response to black metal? 2009-03-16 15:28:00

This forum is for asking how to CREATE audio try going to teh Clubs and crews forum

Response to black metal? 2009-03-16 15:53:57

check the metal-hell thread linked to previously, and if that's not only for black-metal, maybe some of the metalheads in there knows where to turn. the reason for this forum have been pointed out clearly several times as well. :)

Wakka wakka