New Topic Respond to this Topic
bonesmladshiy
bonesmladshiy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 01:52 PM Reply

So I'm going to get a game today & eventually will get both but only one of them for now, and i was wondering what the majority of players prefer over the two titles. I want to know how long the game will last, how fun it is online N' all that good stuff.

Bl00dRedKnife
Bl00dRedKnife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 01:55 PM Reply

At 3/15/09 01:52 PM, bonesmladshiy wrote: So I'm going to get a game today & eventually will get both but only one of them for now, and i was wondering what the majority of players prefer over the two titles. I want to know how long the game will last, how fun it is online N' all that good stuff.

Left 4 Dead. Simple and straight to the point.

GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 01:56 PM Reply

Can't speak for CoD WaW, but I know L4D is an awesome game. DLC will be avaitable soon (for free).

straightpimpin1
straightpimpin1
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 18
Gamer
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 02:31 PM Reply

call of duty world at war kicks ass,i recommend it!

<strawberryccc>

BBS Signature
robg8055
robg8055
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 07
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 05:12 PM Reply

If you have live or playing it on a free online system like PS3 or on the PC, and are a dedicated FPS fan i'd say go for Left 4 Dead. The community is amazing(the PC one anyway) and it makes you feel like a real badass blasting away zombies left and right.

If your not that into zombie slaying and are more a single player kind of guy, COD WAW has a pretty good campaign, though i prefer 4's, also WAW has some pretty good online play...but again i stick to my earlier statement "I prefer 4's".

So out of the two i'd say Left 4 Dead wins.

IWasBanned
IWasBanned
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 06:33 PM Reply

Left 4 dead. COD WaW sux because it is basically C0D4(this isn't bad), but with a face lift, 40,000 more noobs, crappy gameplay(tanks/flamethrowers ruin it), and 1000 glitches in multiplayer.

<3Columbian Roastmasters <3
Each time someone uses hitTest, God kills a kitten. Please, learn real collision testing. - henke37

Spirosgod
Spirosgod
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Musician
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 06:36 PM Reply

Left 4 Dead, there is no reason to tell the reason since you can see why in the posts above ^
Damn, I can't wait for the DLC!!!

Rallard
Rallard
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 06:38 PM Reply

Both are mediocre.

COD:W@W feels like a washed up WW2 game, and had I not known about COD4 I'd probably think W@W was released years before it. It takes a step back, so just wait for COD:MW2.

L4D is fun, sure, but playing the same 4 levels over and over again gets old... at least for me. And versus isn't that great. But I've seen some previews of mods for the PC version, so if I had to choose I'd go with that (dont buy it for 360).

Vomitmuncher
Vomitmuncher
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 06:49 PM Reply

I cant say Cod Waw is bad or good because i have never played it but i know that for sure l4d is a great game and i love playing versus and ripping people apart as a hunter so i would go for l4d over codwaw.

Jackho
Jackho
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 31
Gamer
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 06:58 PM Reply

there is a demo for both on xbox live

last.fm / letterboxd / backloggery / mal / follow me if you think you can handle it

BBS Signature
ChaosProdigy
ChaosProdigy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 23
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 07:12 PM Reply

Left 4 Dead. The gameplay will always last, and you'll wanna replay it over and over, especially if you're playing it online.

Ezekiel 25:69
: "He masturbated with great vengence and furious anger, striking those who
: attempted to poison and destroy his unit..."

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 07:17 PM Reply

My brother said Left 4 Dead was shit, and I watched gameplay footage and that's exactly what it looks like.

World at War, if that's you're only option.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 07:18 PM Reply

At 3/15/09 07:17 PM, Gustavos wrote: My brother said Left 4 Dead was shit, and I watched gameplay footage and that's exactly what it looks like.

Okay so you didn't play it, so your opinion on the game is void, have a nice day.

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 07:23 PM Reply

At 3/15/09 07:18 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 3/15/09 07:17 PM, Gustavos wrote: My brother said Left 4 Dead was shit, and I watched gameplay footage and that's exactly what it looks like.
Okay so you didn't play it, so your opinion on the game is void, have a nice day.

Honestly, I saw a lot. And it only looks fun online with people who would take it seriously. And knowing just how young the people online on Xbox 360s are, that's not a certainty. The graphics also look like a PS2 game. Taking care of zombies with hordes coming in at random times, looks tedious enough.

Having not played it, my opinion is void. But again, my brother says it sucks. One opinions is good enough, when backed up by my observations.

I usually frequent the VG and collaboration Forums. If you find me anywhere else, I'm lost and can't find my way back.

GoForthAndDie
GoForthAndDie
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 07:32 PM Reply

L4D is fun, and keeps you on your toes.

When you hear a witch crying you instantly shit bricks.

I BREAK. I MAIM. I BURN. / Hentai /I'm the only one pretty boy on this BBS...BITCH./ The WORST flaming I've seen in a while.

BBS Signature
Re2deemer
Re2deemer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 13
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 07:40 PM Reply

At 3/15/09 07:18 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:

I'm gonna have to second that opinion here. I looked at the gameplay footage and screenshots and it looked quite "meh" kind of game for me. Just didn't feel exciting.
Then the demo came out.
Two hours later, I knew I had to get that game and as soon as it became available here, I bought it. Now, 4,5 months later, I feel no regrets

BBS Signature
VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 07:41 PM Reply

At 3/15/09 07:23 PM, Gustavos wrote: Honestly, I saw a lot. And it only looks fun online with people who would take it seriously.

It's like saying: I listened to the sound of the watchmen movie, it sucks lololol.

And knowing just how young the people online on Xbox 360s are, that's not a certainty.

Lol Valve game on Xbox, just play on PC for the retard-less version.

The graphics also look like a PS2 game.

Oh no it's not brown and dosent have the best graphics, it MUST suck right guys ?

Taking care of zombies with hordes coming in at random times, looks tedious enough.

Killing hordes of zombies is tedious ? More like FUCKING AWESOME.

Having not played it, my opinion is void. But again, my brother says it sucks. One opinions is good enough, when backed up by my observations.

You should still try it before saying it sucks. If you play it and say it sucks I'll bee all like: K, it's your opinion bro.

InsaneKlown
InsaneKlown
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 08
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 08:30 PM Reply

WaW hands down L4D gets old to fast

PS3 ID: JR-DUB

Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 09:49 PM Reply

At 3/15/09 07:41 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
At 3/15/09 07:23 PM, Gustavos wrote: Honestly, I saw a lot. And it only looks fun online with people who would take it seriously.
It's like saying: I listened to the sound of the watchmen movie, it sucks lololol.

Alright everybody, let's never judge a game by it's trailer or footage. Ever. I'm being serious, let's never ever judge a game before it's out or if we've never played it. I'm curoius how long we'll last.

The graphics also look like a PS2 game.
Oh no it's not brown and dosent have the best graphics, it MUST suck right guys ?

Sorry, but graphics is a quality that MUST be better than last generation thanks to the internet. I guess graphics can only be flamed when they're on the Wii?

Taking care of zombies with hordes coming in at random times, looks tedious enough.
Killing hordes of zombies is tedious ? More like FUCKING AWESOME.

Ahahahaha, no. It looked more than annoying enough. They didn't come from further up the path at one point, they appeared from where they came in the room, at a completely random time. I know this because I saw footage from the same level on another video, and that horde came from further up, and immediately when entering the room. How can their be any strategy besides glitches when the rules are always changing?

Bl00dRedKnife
Bl00dRedKnife
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 10
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 10:08 PM Reply

Ahahahaha, no. It looked more than annoying enough. They didn't come from further up the path at one point, they appeared from where they came in the room, at a completely random time. I know this because I saw footage from the same level on another video, and that horde came from further up, and immediately when entering the room. How can their be any strategy besides glitches when the rules are always changing?

BECAUSE, retard (yes, I called you a retard), if they didn't randomly spawn anywhere at any point, it would be completely bland. No way on God's green earth would anyone have to be exposed to such level of assumption as to the location of every zombies, special infected, Tank, Witch, etc. known to man. Instead, Valve did a brilliant thing by generating random spawn points. So because no one should be forced to play it half-asleep, players can be alert and fully active at all times, without a clue where their enemies are coming from.

GT: Born2Evil

BBS Signature
aquaticmole
aquaticmole
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 29
Melancholy
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 10:10 PM Reply

Left 4 Dead, what I played of WaW was pretty bland didn't really make me wanna keep playing unlike L4D.

aquaticmole.

BBS Signature
steelers789
steelers789
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 10:11 PM Reply

both are great game =D
but i really love left 4 dead =D

Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 10:16 PM Reply

At 3/15/09 09:49 PM, Gustavos wrote: Alright everybody, let's never judge a game by it's trailer or footage. Ever. I'm being serious, let's never ever judge a game before it's out or if we've never played it. I'm curoius how long we'll last.

I did not say you should restrain yourself for having an opinion based on what you think a game looks before it's out, but openly saying a game SUCKS without having played it is bullshit.

Sorry, but graphics is a quality that MUST be better than last generation

No, not at all, a GAME just has to be fun to PLAY, GAMEPLAY is the only important element of a game, sure sometimes graphics and sound can add to the immersion, but they are nothing compared to gameplay, and it is what L4D is all about, also the graphics aren't even bad enough for you to complain about.

Ahahahaha, no. It looked more than annoying enough.

"It looked" Well when I played I tought it was fucking awesome, in fact I bought this game before even seeing gameplay videos, I saw images, I knew it was a valve game and it was about killing zombies, 2 things I like, so when I furst played I was literally shitting bricks at how awesome it was.

They didn't come from further up the path at one point, they appeared from where they came in the room, at a completely random time. I know this because I saw footage from the same level on another video, and that horde came from further up, and immediately when entering the room. How can their be any strategy besides glitches when the rules are always changing?

What are you talking about ? YOu are saying that random zombie generation is bad and that it should be fixed so you can always do the same fucking thing each time you play ? No this would be horrible, random zombie spawns and items are required so you have to take quick decisions to survive, it also adds to the entertainment because it is different each time.

Blaze-Heatnix
Blaze-Heatnix
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 06
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 11:31 PM Reply

At 3/15/09 10:16 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: No, not at all, a GAME just has to be fun to PLAY, GAMEPLAY is the only important element of a game, sure sometimes graphics and sound can add to the immersion, but they are nothing compared to gameplay, and it is what L4D is all about, also the graphics aren't even bad enough for you to complain about.

So what you're saying is, if a game came out for 360 and PS3, on disc and not on the Marketplace or PS Network, and had Atari 2600 graphics, you wouldn't care?

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 15th, 2009 @ 11:42 PM Reply

At 3/15/09 11:31 PM, Blaze-Heatnix wrote:
At 3/15/09 10:16 PM, VenomKing666 wrote: No, not at all, a GAME just has to be fun to PLAY, GAMEPLAY is the only important element of a game, sure sometimes graphics and sound can add to the immersion, but they are nothing compared to gameplay, and it is what L4D is all about, also the graphics aren't even bad enough for you to complain about.
So what you're saying is, if a game came out for 360 and PS3, on disc and not on the Marketplace or PS Network, and had Atari 2600 graphics, you wouldn't care?

You are great to make straw mans Blaze, it's not what I meant at all, but you know, if the gameplay is fucking fun no I probably woudnt, Look at this: http://runhello.com/ It looks great, and has crap graphics, but it still looks fun, so if a game would be awesome and have atari graphics I wouldnt mind that much as long as they use it well.

It's pushing it a little bit of course, different than Fallout3 vs L4D for example, but still.

StereoThunder
StereoThunder
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 02
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 16th, 2009 @ 12:34 AM Reply

WIN= L4D

FAIL=CoD: WAW

Stereo Thunder

Jin
Jin
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 49
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 16th, 2009 @ 12:41 AM Reply

At 3/15/09 09:49 PM, Gustavos wrote: Sorry, but graphics is a quality that MUST be better than last generation thanks to the internet. I guess graphics can only be flamed when they're on the Wii?

Just compare the number of players for Crysis and TF2. Valve makes games with users' computer specs in mind.

BBS Signature
Gustavos
Gustavos
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 16th, 2009 @ 01:17 AM Reply

At 3/15/09 11:42 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
Look at this: http://runhello.com/ It looks great, and has crap graphics, but it still looks fun,

I absolutely love hypocrisy (or perhaps I loathe it, I don't know which anymore). Truth is, I'm a bit tired to continue my arguement here, not to mention I couldn't really win without twisting around what you say much like what you've done to me. But for the first time in a long time of over half a year at least, I admit defeat in an arguement on Newgrounds.

Now I must go to bed. Good day to you all.

And no I'm not bragging. If you quote me anywhere here, you obviously don't quit easily.

VenomKing666
VenomKing666
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Artist
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 16th, 2009 @ 07:51 AM Reply

At 3/16/09 01:17 AM, Gustavos wrote:
At 3/15/09 11:42 PM, VenomKing666 wrote:
I couldn't really win without twisting around what you say much like what you've done to me.

When did I do this ?

But for the first time in a long time of over half a year at least, I admit defeat in an arguement on Newgrounds.

What ? Why ?

TheRipper00
TheRipper00
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Movie Buff
Response to Left 4 Dead Vs. Call Of Duty: Waw Mar. 16th, 2009 @ 02:04 PM Reply

WAW = Retarded Hard on Veteran, still fun. Shit ton of Online NooBs and Campers with Jug still fun though. WAW has a Zombie mode if you want to just shoot zombies. If i had an Xbox i would have Bought L4D because i love zombie games. Its up to your personal tastes dont know why everyone asks what game they should buy. Get what you like, PLAY DEMMMOO

Hitman Crew - Hitman Absolution
Governor of the ZSC
PSN is in my sig or flashing on your screen after I kill you.

BBS Signature