• 8 Replies
sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Need petrol. Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 07:21 PM

I need some petrol to put in a 4 litre petrol cannister, if I went to the pumps will I be able to buy it, seeing as I'm over 16 and people have mopeds at my age. Also how much does petrol cost... roughly. And will I need ID? Regarding UK law.

CreakyGames
CreakyGames
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 03
Blank Slate
Response to Need petrol. Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 07:25 PM

i dont think you need ID unless you look real young then they might question you, pricing i dont really know but for a full tank in a car my dad pays about 30 - 40 quid

sirtom93
sirtom93
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Blank Slate
Response to Need petrol. Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 07:28 PM

At 3/14/09 07:25 PM, CreakyGames wrote: i dont think you need ID unless you look real young then they might question you, pricing i dont really know but for a full tank in a car my dad pays about 30 - 40 quid

Also retarded question, are petrol pumps just a trigger motion. I don't want the embarrassment of spilling petrol everywhere.

Sheizenhammer
Sheizenhammer
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Need petrol. Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 07:35 PM

At 3/14/09 07:28 PM, sirtom93 wrote: Also retarded question, are petrol pumps just a trigger motion. I don't want the embarrassment of spilling petrol everywhere.

Yep: just squeeze the handle.
Also make sure you know which kind of petrol your moped takes (it'll likely tell you somewhere on the moped itself if you don't know already). And remember to shake the end of the nozzle dry once you've finished; the amount of times I've forgotten to do that (and ended up getting petrol on me and my car as a result) is enough of a lesson to anyone. :/

I'd guess a 4 litre tank won't cost you more than £3.70ish, and if you say it's for a moped, and if you can prove you're old enough to own one, there's no (good) reason why they wouldn't sell you petrol.

Mrputter
Mrputter
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 42
Blank Slate
Response to Need petrol. Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 07:36 PM

I think petrol is worth about 90p per litre at the moment. However I do live in the south, so it's probably a bit less pricey in other parts of the U.K.

Regarding the trigger question, I'm pretty sure the trigger controls the flow of the petrol, so you don't have to worry about spilling it everywhere ;).

Finally, with the ID thing, take it with just in case. Best be cautious I guess.

Steven-Polley
Steven-Polley
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Blank Slate
Response to Need petrol. Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 08:11 PM

Petrol... what? You mean gas?

And I can't belive you've never used a pump before! :D In canada, there is no law about age for buying gas.

Want a cool TF2-based and Minecraft gaming forum? Check us out WDZClan.com
We're the largest pub TF2 community on Steam!
Also, check out my Youtube!

BBS Signature
HaniiPuppy
HaniiPuppy
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Need petrol. Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 08:15 PM

At 3/14/09 08:11 PM, Steven-Polley wrote: Petrol... what? You mean gas?

If he plans on taking a hot-air balloon or attempting to drive a stove everywhere, then yes.

Brick-top
Brick-top
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Need petrol. Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 08:17 PM

Go to a petrol station.

A large sign will tell you exactly how it costs per litre.

Go to a filling pump. There will be two indicators for cost and amount. Fill your can to the amount you desire and put it somewhere safe.

Walk inside, say which pump you used, give them the money, get back in/on your car/moped and piss off.

Make sure you have a petrol pump and not a diesel one.

Fox
Fox
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 19
Blank Slate
Response to Need petrol. Mar. 14th, 2009 @ 10:49 PM

For some reason I read the title as "nerd patrol."

Sigs are overrated.