00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Linux Must Die

1,301 Views | 17 Replies

Linux Must Die 2001-07-19 07:43:03

Linux Must Die!

Yeah, um... it should. It's not good.

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 00:38:44

Well, looks like you're all alone on this.

A truly prophetic sig...

BBS Signature

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 00:41:34

At 7/19/01 07:43 AM, PoopMuffin wrote: Linux Must Die!

Man this websight is like nerd central, badmouthing linix is going to give u a text lashing

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 00:42:32

mmmmm poop muffin

JWQLKSNDMAOGLDKENQHAPELWKDMCAJMENAL DJKEIUBABELANDKHMYEFAS

LAMSNDKHFWLJKQRNZXPAPALEJDFHGNSXNCM ANQOEJFLSKDQNDASKQJRWG

QODMXNCBVJDKEWKQUAYSHWWMSKFHANXASKF LWMENSKFHSKALEDNASEWI

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 00:47:08

Linux is the past and the future of Internet...Windups sucks...

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 00:57:14

I'm not especially a big fan of Linux. The fact that I screwed up installing it this morning, resulting in a screwed up attempt to remove it that resulted in a screwed up laptop that must be taken in to the screwed up help desk to get reghosted; and I'm not so fond of it. Coupled with the fact that I generally find it not as good as Microsoft for everyday use, despite the unending yelps of Linux geeks, means I'm not too fond of it.

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 01:03:10

Huh, no one cares, stop fagging up the portal, who gives a shit about it, not me, and if i dont no one else should, BITCH!

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 01:06:34

At 2/14/03 01:03 AM, CBS9576 wrote: Huh, no one cares, stop fagging up the portal, who gives a shit about it, not me, and if i dont no one else should, BITCH!

CAlm down little buddy

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 01:09:07

why do you think its not good?
have you ever even used it?

BBS Signature

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 01:42:15

At 2/14/03 12:41 AM, Inglis wrote:

Man this websight is like nerd central, badmouthing linix is going to give u a text lashing

** LASH **

LINUX IZ TEH 1337357 OS EVA !!! 0:P

Linux Must Die

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 01:51:09

OMGOMGOMMG LINUX RULES!!! I will now talk in binary
10010101011101010100101010101010110 = FUCK!!!!!!!

Anyways, it's a decent open source project, more secure then a windows server, and it's giving Microsoft a run for it's money now-a-days. That means windows will have to get better AND cheaper. Plus most of India uses it along with China. And if you don't think they will give United Statians and whatnot a run for there money, you are wrong. Hell, South Korea has better cabling then the US! That's why all their stock took a huge hit during the worm incident!

What may man within him hide, though angel on the outward side.

BBS Signature

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 12:18:50

I'm not a fan of Linux, nor will I ever be. I am far from being a computer novice, and I love to learn new things, but when I install an operating system, I expect it to work. This has been my experience with Linux.

SuSE 7.2
- Gave up because, after two hours, I couldn't give the root user write permission to the root folder (wtf)

Mandrake 9.0
- Couldn't install Radeon 9500 Pro drivers because the driver package conflicted with another package.
- Couldn't install GAIM. Dunno why, it just wouldn't compile.

Linux may very well have stability and security going for it, but not much else. A lot of Linux people truly fail to realize that you cannot install Linux on a machine with a novice user, and expect them to point and click, and be on their way. With Windows you can do that. Bash Microsoft all you want, but you cannot deny that Windows IS easy to use.

I'm pretty sure Linux has security vulnerabilities. You just don't know about them because people don't exploit them. If Linux was the mainstream OS, trust me, you'd hear a lot more problems with it because people would be writing viruses and the like to specifically target Linux.

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 12:28:39

Linux rocks if you know what you are doing because you can out-nerd people hahahaha... I've taken a couple of classes on Linux so I'm pretty good with it, it is a very powerful operating system but it's just not as suited to desktop use as Windows is...and Windows XP PRO is pretty good. If an operating system is not easy to use don't go bitching about it, it has many good uses, espically on the server side.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 12:30:46

linux is for pros go back to your windows now

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 12:57:09

Still 10 times better than windows,

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 13:04:01

At 2/14/03 01:00 AM, JmBd wrote: Just because you can't install it, doesn't warrant its death.

Indeed. My first taste of linux was when my roomie freshman year of college installed it (we're talking '95 here), and I got a username on his PC, and learned a bit of unix both there and on the actual university network. I've had it on two different boxes, and both times found it difficult to get all my hardware working.

Since I'm not into programming and so forth, I don't find it easy enough or useful enough personally to make me use it, but that doesn't mean I don't appreciate it's existence as a counter to MS, nor do I not respect it. My roomie didn't care about computer games, linux was fine for him, especially once enough office-like programs came out for it. I do care about computer games. Hence, I am still shackled to windows.

gfox // wi/ht?#9 // defunct PentaList (final update: 3/15/2008) // Cyberdevil's HexaList!

a long, long time ago: 60000 b/p (#2) // 36000 blams (#3) // 24000 saves (#1)

BBS Signature

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 13:51:51

At 2/14/03 01:04 PM, gfoxcook wrote: My roomie didn't care about computer games, linux was fine for him, especially once enough office-like programs came out for it. I do care about computer games. Hence, I am still shackled to windows.

Well they do have DirectX for Linux now, so it is possible to run most games under Linux if they are ported to it.

UNITE THE CLANS | space cheese | RG podcasts | also cocks

BBS Signature

Response to Linux Must Die 2003-02-14 17:09:09

Oh it's not too bad when it's installed and working properly; I got my computer reghosted today and am in a generally better mood.

For everday things; internet, writing, fiddling around with games and graphics stuff - I think I'll forever stick with Windows. That is, until I get one of those pretty, colourful imacs! Oh boy. *crosses fingers*