00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Johndewey just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Different Styles

2,554 Views | 41 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-10 12:30:17

At 3/10/09 12:05 PM, Kinsei01 wrote:
it takes weeks maybe month for some people to come up witha main charicter

it took seth macfarlane 6 mths to come up with peter
and not only that, you have to develop that character greatly. this is whay concept artist, character designers and lead animators get paid so much and work so hard. they ave alot they have to do.

I don't think Seth McFarlane took 6 months to figure out whether Peter had a nose or not.

BBS Signature

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-10 13:55:01

At 3/10/09 06:20 AM, FlashingTurtle wrote:
At 3/10/09 05:19 AM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:

If it takes you this long to debate how you're going to put pen to paper, you'll probably never get any finished comics or animations done.
it takes weeks maybe month for some people to come up witha main charicter

it took seth macfarlane 6 mths to come up with peter

im doinf this is a couple of days :p, im just getting other peoples opinions

quit being lazy and just do it. There's nothing to lose except time if you mess up, but you will gain knowledge from things you've done wrong. Seth didn't just decide to create some character which instantly became famous. He started with a man and a dog that looked nothing like peter or brian. It wasn't as successful because people didn't understand it, so he kept working on it.

If you just keep fine tuning everything, you will never get anything done.

|_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_| |_|

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-10 16:40:38

At 3/10/09 12:30 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
I don't think Seth McFarlane took 6 months to figure out whether Peter had a nose or not.

ha ha, no i dontthink he did

OH SHIT, he has a lazor

BBS Signature

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-10 16:55:57

At 3/10/09 04:40 PM, FlashingTurtle wrote:
At 3/10/09 12:30 PM, TurkeyOnAStick wrote:
ha ha, no i dontthink he did

Sure did take him a few years to get the art style of the series bearable though, lol.

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-11 02:10:57

At 3/10/09 05:25 PM, PrinceFlea wrote: Liked the second one in your style sheet so far It would be interesting how it will develope in a few months as you learn a few things and find some new influences to probally change it around abit.

yeah, im taking different features of my favotite characters, artists, styles, cartoons etc

and eventually devolop it into a unique style

OH SHIT, he has a lazor

BBS Signature

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-11 02:14:00

At 3/10/09 04:55 PM, RRWcomicsboy wrote:

Sure did take him a few years to get the art style of the series bearable though, lol.

yeah, i was watching this thing and he was saying how he sat in his kitchen for months surrounded by drawings, scribble, sketches etc before he came up eith the final design

OH SHIT, he has a lazor

BBS Signature

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-13 04:23:30

hey guys im working on some design and other styles which i will soon post

its just that its my birthday tomorrow (14th march) so i wont post them tomorrow

OH SHIT, he has a lazor

BBS Signature

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-13 08:06:09

well, happy birthday to you then.

NEVER LOOSE FAITH IN MANCUNT

BBS Signature

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-13 16:54:43

All you really did was copy Eddsworld.

I WANT TO FUCK ON THE FLOOR AND BREAK SHIT

BBS Signature

Response to Different Styles 2009-03-17 06:41:25

At 3/13/09 04:54 PM, thatoneguyfromDD wrote: All you really did was copy Eddsworld.

well i accually did just that. i paused edds world and drew edd.

but what this cartoonist i met told me was to draw a charicter you like and get that style
and slowly develop it into your own style (which was what i was trying to do there).

OH SHIT, he has a lazor

BBS Signature