Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

  • 1,775,114 Views
  • 30,753 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 05:56:22 Reply

At 6/6/12 11:16 PM, Fooliolo wrote: You guys are silly.

While this is definitely true, I don't see what it has to with the strategy of this game. :P I mean, the hard part is coming up with the right strategy. Executing it took 3 tries, because I failed at casting the Cataclysm spell a few times. It's funny though how every single time I try to help some people out someone feels the need to one-up my post. Sure, sometimes there is a slightly better way of beating a game (probably also this time), but the nature and manner of those posts suck the helpfulness out of my gaming-soul. I will earn those medals anyway yo, so I'll just stop bugging people in this thread with my inferior strategies. =)

EventHorizon
EventHorizon
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 08:53:14 Reply

Can someone send me a PM to telling me how to get the secret medal in the game "Liber Daemonum"?


[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]
[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature
Ray80
Ray80
  • Member since: Feb. 4, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 33
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 09:47:43 Reply

At 6/7/12 08:53 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: Can someone send me a PM to telling me how to get the secret medal in the game "Liber Daemonum"?

I need that medal too....thanks in advance


BBS Signature
SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 10:02:41 Reply

At 6/7/12 05:56 AM, Nijsse wrote: While this is definitely true, I don't see what it has to with the strategy of this game. :P I mean, the hard part is coming up with the right strategy. Executing it took 3 tries, because I failed at casting the Cataclysm spell a few times. It's funny though how every single time I try to help some people out someone feels the need to one-up my post. Sure, sometimes there is a slightly better way of beating a game (probably also this time), but the nature and manner of those posts suck the helpfulness out of my gaming-soul. I will earn those medals anyway yo, so I'll just stop bugging people in this thread with my inferior strategies. =)

As the one who started this strategy confrontation, I'll pop in here for a sec. I wouldn't say your strategy was inferior Nijsse, just a bit more difficult for somebody like me to handle, as I'm saddled with a touchpad mouse on the computer. While yours did seem to work for me, I'd always get my butt handed to me halfway through the level because I either wasn't fast enough, or my fingertips became numb so I'd screw up. Fooliolo's was much easier on my stupid, slow numbed fingertips due to the spells used being simpler to execute.

Please, don't think that I wasn't appreciative of your help, because I was, and will continue to be as long as its offered. :)

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Member since: May. 25, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 10:09:24 Reply

  • Moir
    Moir by ArcticArcade

    A unique mind-bending puzzler with a retro feel

    Score
    3.65 / 5.00
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    5,473 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

Moir walkthrough:
http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLD54C99BE7E297E85


The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Member since: Jul. 3, 2000
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 10:32:59 Reply

At 6/7/12 10:02 AM, SFS1313 wrote: Please, don't think that I wasn't appreciative of your help, because I was, and will continue to be as long as its offered. :)

No no, it's no problem, I understand that, especially using a touch-pad you'd like to beat the game the easiest way possible. It's just a repetitive pattern for over a very long time in this thread. I try to be helpful, then get either ignored or 1-upped with some snarky comment. After that I don't post strategy here for 2 months, until see someone struggling with a game, try to help him and the same thing happens. Then yesterday I think 'what the heck', try to help you, only to wake up and see that Edykel pretty much reposted my post 3 hours after mine, and then that post by Fooliolo. I guess this is why I never made a serious walkthrough and pretty much only help people through PM. :P

SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 10:50:25 Reply

At 6/7/12 10:32 AM, Nijsse wrote: No no, it's no problem, I understand that, especially using a touch-pad you'd like to beat the game the easiest way possible. It's just a repetitive pattern for over a very long time in this thread. I try to be helpful, then get either ignored or 1-upped with some snarky comment. After that I don't post strategy here for 2 months, until see someone struggling with a game, try to help him and the same thing happens. Then yesterday I think 'what the heck', try to help you, only to wake up and see that Edykel pretty much reposted my post 3 hours after mine, and then that post by Fooliolo. I guess this is why I never made a serious walkthrough and pretty much only help people through PM. :P

I totally understand. I just didn't want you to think that your help wasn't appreciated, or that I disregarded your advice hoping somebody else would come along with some better tips. I guess that tends to happen however with strategy games like this... there's never one real way to be successful, and if somebody finds and easier way, they want to share with the group. I just wanted you, as well as everybody else who responds to my pleas for assistance to know that it's always greatly appreciated, and any technique given, I attempt to see which one works best for me. Very rarely am I able to reciprocate the help (all you guys are just too damn good at figuring things out!), but if I ever am, please know I will give back (I hate being a taker, never a giver).

On a secondary note, Knuckstrike? Thank you very much for the walkthrough to Moir. I would've neverhave beaten the majority of levels on that game if not for it. My brain is old, and seems to hate me most days. :)

Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Member since: May. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 11:16:06 Reply

At 6/7/12 05:56 AM, Nijsse wrote: While this is definitely true, I don't see what it has to with the strategy of this game. :P I mean, the hard part is coming up with the right strategy.

I didn't mean to offend anyone. I thought it was obvious after seeing how the spell system worked, especially the Torture + Soulbinding combo. All the clues of a successful Soulbinding cast were present after I cast Torture (I do the bottom line last), so naturally it led me to thinking about the Shockwave + Annihilation combo. Even the act of swiping the single line for Soulbinding in the midst of destroying people should have given hints as to how the casting system really worked: the effect doesn't take place until the configuration of all line(s) matches the spell, no matter how brief.


Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Member since: Oct. 20, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 13:31:19 Reply

At 6/7/12 08:53 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: Can someone send me a PM to telling me how to get the secret medal in the game "Liber Daemonum"?

Can somebody PM me as well?

BTW, do people actually like secret medals? I find them to be a giant pain in the ass.


I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature
SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 14:00:58 Reply

At 6/7/12 01:31 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/7/12 08:53 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: Can someone send me a PM to telling me how to get the secret medal in the game "Liber Daemonum"?
Can somebody PM me as well?

BTW, do people actually like secret medals? I find them to be a giant pain in the ass.

PM sent. :)

EventHorizon
EventHorizon
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 14:15:19 Reply

At 6/7/12 02:00 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 6/7/12 01:31 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/7/12 08:53 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: Can someone send me a PM to telling me how to get the secret medal in the game "Liber Daemonum"?
Can somebody PM me as well?

BTW, do people actually like secret medals? I find them to be a giant pain in the ass.
PM sent. :)

Thanks!!


[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]
[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature
EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Member since: Dec. 11, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-07 18:18:56 Reply

At 6/7/12 11:16 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 6/7/12 05:56 AM, Nijsse wrote: While this is definitely true, I don't see what it has to with the strategy of this game. :P I mean, the hard part is coming up with the right strategy.
I didn't mean to offend anyone. I thought it was obvious after seeing how the spell system worked, especially the Torture + Soulbinding combo. All the clues of a successful Soulbinding cast were present after I cast Torture (I do the bottom line last), so naturally it led me to thinking about the Shockwave + Annihilation combo. Even the act of swiping the single line for Soulbinding in the midst of destroying people should have given hints as to how the casting system really worked: the effect doesn't take place until the configuration of all line(s) matches the spell, no matter how brief.

What's with all this mushy stuff, guys? I'm not sure what's up with it, but the advice you bring to the table is always appreciated. That's what you should remember, not what one persons might say about it. I mean, I give out a lot of advice, and it may be stupid in comparison to the advice that others offer here, but I don't think too much about it. I especially don't think too much about how anal some people an be when they offer better. :P

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-08 08:19:59 Reply

New Medal Game.

  • My Own Unicorn
    My Own Unicorn by FlashGirlGames

    Dreams come true!

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    141 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-08 08:38:46 Reply

At 6/8/12 08:19 AM, gamejunkie wrote: New Medal Game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/596937

Guess that's one way to make sure your dress up game doesn't get blammed as shovelware, huh?

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-08 11:16:31 Reply

At 6/8/12 08:38 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 6/8/12 08:19 AM, gamejunkie wrote: New Medal Game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/596937
Guess that's one way to make sure your dress up game doesn't get blammed as shovelware, huh?

That's exactly what I was thinking. They have sneakily got a few through like this now. Like the find the character and occupation type games. Big point medals from games you can finish in 1 to 5 minutes.

Anyway here's another new medal game.

  • Piglet's Dreams
    Piglet's Dreams by gamezhero

    It is hard to be a piglet when you are a free bird inside and want to fly.

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    98 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-08 15:00:40 Reply

At 6/8/12 11:16 AM, gamejunkie wrote: That's exactly what I was thinking. They have sneakily got a few through like this now. Like the find the character and occupation type games. Big point medals from games you can finish in 1 to 5 minutes.

At least they have the Newgrounds logo on their game. Does that mean the site is sponsoring it then? I think this is the second, maybe third, game I've seen from these guys with medals, and they don't pop up too often. If it's sponsored by Newgrounds, then I don't see the harm in it, and will enjoy the easy points. It's just when you get about 20 variations of it showing up each day (really, how many time can one dress up a girl to get ready for Prom, or pick the perfect Emo fashion?) that it gets tiresome.

Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Member since: May. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-08 16:45:44 Reply

At 6/8/12 03:00 PM, SFS1313 wrote: At least they have the Newgrounds logo on their game. Does that mean the site is sponsoring it then?

I found that this is really confusing and unclear, and probably at no fault of Newgrounds given their choice.

Since anyone can submit content here, and they're only policed by the users that visit the website (aka no guarantee of quality), people can come up with several different logos of their own choice that convey the message "we're by newgrounds.com". However, only special logos really shows that the game is in fact sponsored by them. This is best done by having unique sounds and visuals, and not sharing it to the public without a legal agreement.

There's one logo that I know for sure that signifies that newgrounds.com is the sponsor. However, I don't think the logos from FlashGirlGames and gamezhero show that it is sponsored by newgrounds. Rather, I think part of the purpose is to show that it is the newgrounds edition of that game.


Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-08 17:36:30 Reply

At 6/8/12 04:45 PM, Fooliolo wrote: However, I don't think the logos from FlashGirlGames and gamezhero show that it is sponsored by newgrounds. Rather, I think part of the purpose is to show that it is the newgrounds edition of that game.

That sounds the most plausible to me.

ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Member since: Oct. 15, 2001
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-09 03:51:56 Reply

New game:

  • Hexamath
    Hexamath by Zoglu

    Math quizzes have never been so much fun !

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    55 Views
    Rated
    Everyone


Find me on Facebook!

gamejunkie
gamejunkie
  • Member since: Dec. 16, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-09 08:03:49 Reply

New Medal Game.

  • King's Game
    King's Game by Smokoko

    Launch cannonballs to destroy castles and all the enemy within.

    Score
    Under Judgment
    Type
    Game
    Popularity
    179 Views
    Rated
    Everyone

Medals not working for me. Not yet anyway.

MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-09 08:22:26 Reply

At 6/8/12 08:38 AM, SFS1313 wrote: Guess that's one way to make sure your dress up game doesn't get blammed as shovelware, huh?

Yeah just imagine if they all had medals when they were released. Nijsse would have medals from 15k+ games....

I have confirmed that the above game's medals don't seem to work either


Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Member since: Oct. 14, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 43
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-09 08:44:50 Reply

At 6/9/12 08:22 AM, MatthewF wrote: Yeah just imagine if they all had medals when they were released. Nijsse would have medals from 15k+ games....

I have confirmed that the above game's medals don't seem to work either

Jeeze, he'd probably have waaay more than that, seeing how there's a handful released every day!

As for the other game's medals, I'm sure they'll be available either later today, or within the next day or two. That's how they were for the author's last game (that Bomberman clone).

Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Member since: May. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-09 13:43:36 Reply

At 6/9/12 08:44 AM, SFS1313 wrote: As for the other game's medals, I'm sure they'll be available either later today, or within the next day or two. That's how they were for the author's last game (that Bomberman clone).

Beware: losing a level forces you to reload the game. You're better off restarting before you lose all your guys.


Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-09 13:49:08 Reply

At 6/9/12 01:43 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 6/9/12 08:44 AM, SFS1313 wrote: As for the other game's medals, I'm sure they'll be available either later today, or within the next day or two. That's how they were for the author's last game (that Bomberman clone).
Beware: losing a level forces you to reload the game. You're better off restarting before you lose all your guys.

No kidding, the restart button that came after you lose is as useful as the YouTube and Yahoo Answers security system.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-09 13:58:00 Reply

I just got awarded a "Prisoners to Save" medal even though I was still in the middle of the "First Blood" level. A weird glitch but I'll take it.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Member since: May. 1, 2005
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-09 14:01:06 Reply

At 6/9/12 01:58 PM, Idiot-Finder wrote: I just got awarded a "Prisoners to Save" medal even though I was still in the middle of the "First Blood" level. A weird glitch but I'll take it.

Notice that the 17 crowns medal is called "Prisoners to Save Unlocked". They dun goofed.


Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Idiot-Finder
Idiot-Finder
  • Member since: Aug. 29, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-09 14:03:06 Reply

At 6/9/12 02:01 PM, Fooliolo wrote:

Notice that the 17 crowns medal is called "Prisoners to Save Unlocked". They dun goofed.

A 50 point medal when you're supposed to get 25 points.


Please subscribe
"As the old saying goes...what was it again?"
.·´¯`·->YFIQ's collections of stories!<-·´¯`·.

BBS Signature
MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-10 04:06:55 Reply

In Relive your life does anyone know how to get the Hellfire Injection or the FYI your a spy endings? Those are the only two I am missing


Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Member since: Jun. 6, 2010
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 38
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-10 09:16:21 Reply

Never mind I figured it out.


Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
EventHorizon
EventHorizon
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-06-11 05:24:44 Reply

Can someone send me a PM to telling me how to get the first secret medal in the game "Bullet the Bounty Hunter"?


[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]
[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature