00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,634,781 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 20:02:46

At 4/7/12 07:44 PM, EdyKel wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593358
new game.

Just press tab, or quickly move your pointer to the end of the maze, to easily when the game.

Alternatively, shift+tab cycles backwards instead of forwards between "elements" This is standard stuff for the vast majority of applications that use tab this way.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-07 23:54:25

At 3/29/12 05:00 AM, Fooliolo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592473

Arena mode medals seem like a huge grind. It's nice and fun, but the red dudes really ruin your day in the higher waves. All my money for Sanford's hook plz! But yeah, hopefully I'll get an estimate on how long it takes to get the Genocider medal, as the early levels for ramping up your power and abilities don't give me an accurate picture of the long-run.

I finally got some numbers for estimating the amount of time you need to get the Genocider medal.

For version 1.5:
-- Every 12th wave, you'll face a number of regular G0L3M enemies. 1 on wave 12, 2 on wave 24, 3 on wave 36, etc.
-- Beyond wave 36, you'll also face an extra regular and red G0L3M. We all know how super sucky it is to deal with red G0L3Ms, so I opt to not continue further than wave 36.
-- Wave 29 is when the special agents (yellow unitech headwear or w/e you want to call them) start appearing en masse. I investigated the possibility that it might not be worth continuing beyond that point, since they have a beefy Tac-Bar, and they are pretty dodge-happy.

Run conditions:
-- I did runs without any squadmates. Their kills do not count towards your career total.
-- My character has maxed stats.
-- I brought two M-249s every time. There's a glitch atm where attachments may be rendered useless (range, accuracy), and conversely they may appear for no reason on other copies of the weapon.
-- I unequip myself on the wave that I suicide. You lose your weapons if you die.

When I beat wave 12, approximately 9 minutes have passed. 427 kills were added. 47.444 kills per minute.
Wave 24, 19 minutes, 1016 kills. 53.474 kills per minute.
Wave 35, 30 minutes, 1548 kills. 51.600 kills per minute.
I suicided on wave 36.

Factoring in the time wasted for me to suicide, the kills per minute figures change to 38.818, 48.381, and 48.375 respectively.

Based on the estimated optimal kills per minute number (achieved around wave 29 or so), I estimated that the amount of time required to get the Genocider medal is 18.4 hours of nonstop playing. Realistically though, factoring in human error and the fact that you start your career at level 1, the total play time is more likely 25 hours.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-08 06:05:02

At 4/7/12 11:54 PM, Fooliolo wrote: When I beat wave 12, approximately 9 minutes have passed. 427 kills were added. 47.444 kills per minute.
I suicided on wave 36.

I still prefer to play until ~wave 12-15. I think the optimal numbers are even closer, and this method has 1 huge upside: you can play using only 5% of your brainpower, and do more important stuff on the side. The only real downside is the suicide part, that might take a little too long. There is a fast way though, and it gives you time to take a break.

Overall I'm pretty disappointed by your post, as it provides the same tactic I used. I was kinda hoping you found a way to cut the playing time in half, but I guess this really is the fastest way. =(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-08 12:44:42

At 4/8/12 06:05 AM, Nijsse wrote: I still prefer to play until ~wave 12-15. I think the optimal numbers are even closer, and this method has 1 huge upside: you can play using only 5% of your brainpower, and do more important stuff on the side.

I'm confused. How can you do more important stuff if you're constantly waving your mouse around? Are you left-handed/ambidextrous? xD

As for my case, I was watching IPL4. eSports, whooo!

Overall I'm pretty disappointed by your post, as it provides the same tactic I used. I was kinda hoping you found a way to cut the playing time in half, but I guess this really is the fastest way. =(

I think it's pretty easy to figure out that the best way to rack up kills is to have a dude on steroids use a gun with arguably the best damage with near unlimited ammo. The main point of the post was to calculate how long it would take to get X amount of kills.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-08 14:22:08

At 4/8/12 12:44 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 4/8/12 06:05 AM, Nijsse wrote: I still prefer to play until ~wave 12-15. I think the optimal numbers are even closer, and this method has 1 huge upside: you can play using only 5% of your brainpower, and do more important stuff on the side.
I'm confused. How can you do more important stuff if you're constantly waving your mouse around? Are you left-handed/ambidextrous? xD

As for my case, I was watching IPL4. eSports, whooo!

It wouldn't be too hard to play the game and also do some (home)work at the side, especially if it's paperwork. I was thinking more along the lines of listening to a somewhat intellectual podcast or watching a tv-show / sporting event that requires most of your attention. ;)

I think it's pretty easy to figure out that the best way to rack up kills is to have a dude on steroids use a gun with arguably the best damage with near unlimited ammo. The main point of the post was to calculate how long it would take to get X amount of kills.

Yeah, I know. I was hoping for something like "wave xx contains hundreds of very weak enemies, significantly increasing your hourly kills" or "press xyz to keep the waves coming" or something. I mean, you're you, you know. :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-08 15:06:33

At 4/8/12 06:05 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 4/7/12 11:54 PM, Fooliolo wrote: When I beat wave 12, approximately 9 minutes have passed. 427 kills were added. 47.444 kills per minute.
I suicided on wave 36.
I still prefer to play until ~wave 12-15.

Ahh silly me. At the time of my posts, I was unaware of the huge changes on the arena wave system. The game is way easier now, and 'bosses' don't appear on every level past ~wave 12 like they used to. I agree with you completely now, playing until wave ~28 seems optimal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-09 21:40:46

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 00:20:09

At 4/9/12 09:40 PM, SFS1313 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592647
The medals now work.

Maybe it's just me, but I could only get one medal to work. I filled up the bar, got 200,000 points in story mode, got 100 food in food mode, and no medals. Only one I could get was the 999 one.

"You're a bit of a ghoul - aren't you?"---ZeroAsALimit.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 00:35:57

At 4/10/12 12:26 AM, SCTE3 wrote: Anyone else getting a white screen?
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593484

Just zero it. It's our "good friend" CazaZach trying to get another fake medal game/movie through the portal again. Neither the game nor the medals will work; only reason he's sending this "game" through is to spam and see if he can get it to go through becasue it has "medals".

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 00:43:10

At 4/10/12 12:20 AM, VJF wrote: Maybe it's just me, but I could only get one medal to work. I filled up the bar, got 200,000 points in story mode, got 100 food in food mode, and no medals. Only one I could get was the 999 one.

It's just you.

At 4/10/12 12:35 AM, VJF wrote: Just zero it. It's our "good friend" CazaZach trying to get another fake medal game/movie through the portal again. Neither the game nor the medals will work; only reason he's sending this "game" through is to spam and see if he can get it to go through becasue it has "medals".

It also has the deletion tag, which means people of importance already know it's headed for the dumpster.

One has to wonder how many times someone has to do stuff like this before they're banned from submitting stuff to the portal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 00:57:41

At 4/10/12 12:43 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 4/10/12 12:20 AM, VJF wrote: Maybe it's just me, but I could only get one medal to work. I filled up the bar, got 200,000 points in story mode, got 100 food in food mode, and no medals. Only one I could get was the 999 one.
It's just you.

Damn. I already deleted the .sol file and retried to get them but still no result. Guess I'll have to delete my cache and temp files, etc. and try it that way (after I complete some other games).

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 04:23:07

It took a while, but I just received the kill more than 9,000 medal. The medal only gave mefive points, not fifty. Did this happen to anybody else?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 06:22:07

At 4/10/12 04:23 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592473
It took a while, but I just received the kill more than 9,000 medal. The medal only gave mefive points, not fifty. Did this happen to anybody else?

Sometimes the points on your medal page is one medal behind of what it should be. With this medal you earned the points of the previous medal you earned, and with the next medal you get you will probably gain 50 points. Don't worry, it ends as sudden as it came.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 06:23:03

At 4/10/12 04:23 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/592473

Just earn another medal, it will add up. The 5 points are from the Button Game you played before earning the Madness medal. Don't worry, this happens all the time.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 06:24:07

Damn you, Knuckstrike !!! :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 11:56:50

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 13:21:16

At 4/10/12 06:22 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
Sometimes the points on your medal page is one medal behind of what it should be. With this medal you earned the points of the previous medal you earned, and with the next medal you get you will probably gain 50 points. Don't worry, it ends as sudden as it came.

Thanks for letting me know. Didn't want to waste so many hours only getting five points. Not easy killing over 9,000.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-10 13:24:44

At 4/10/12 06:23 AM, Nijsse wrote: Just earn another medal, it will add up. The 5 points are from the Button Game you played before earning the Madness medal. Don't worry, this happens all the time.

Thank you for your help.
Let me know if you ever want to take a week off from getting medals. Maybe I can catch up to you. lol

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 01:26:29

New Medal Game:

So far, they seem to work.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 03:17:37

At 4/11/12 01:26 AM, VJF wrote: New Medal Game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593543

Is it just me or is the difficulty gradient a little skewed? Apple Crumble seemed more difficult than the stage right after it.
Paper Dodge is pretty easy as long as you keep grabbing the power ups (provided the green one is low enough) nothing will touch you.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 07:42:19

New Game

Already found a glitch that lets you cheat. When you get hit on the far left you can go thru the border and disappear entirely by pressing left

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 11:28:26

At 4/11/12 03:17 AM, MatthewF wrote:
At 4/11/12 01:26 AM, VJF wrote: New Medal Game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593543
Is it just me or is the difficulty gradient a little skewed? Apple Crumble seemed more difficult than the stage right after it.

Some of the times are a bit unrealistic I think, especially where the wonky controls are concerned. I tried the tutorial level several times, and the closest I can get to the 13 second medal requirement is 14 seconds. Having a time requirement is challenging and all, but this is the tutorial level! It should be a given that it'll be easy as pie.

Same goes with the later levels. Not only do you have the time requirement to get a medal for the stage, but you also have to deal with precision jumps, collecting every single note, AND not to mention there's that damn drug bar at the top. I haven't been able to get one stinkin' level medal yet!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 11:44:51

At 4/11/12 11:28 AM, SFS1313 wrote: Some of the times are a bit unrealistic I think, especially where the wonky controls are concerned. I tried the tutorial level several times, and the closest I can get to the 13 second medal requirement is 14 seconds.

Have you pressed shift to turn the running on?

Also, can anyone tell me how to get the second secret medal, the one at the end of the row?

Also, check the post by seagaia at the end of this thread D=

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 11:50:14

At 4/11/12 11:44 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: Have you pressed shift to turn the running on?

Yeah, I did that. It only makes the jump controls more screwy... at least for me it does.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 11:59:14

At 4/11/12 11:50 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 4/11/12 11:44 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: Have you pressed shift to turn the running on?
Yeah, I did that. It only makes the jump controls more screwy... at least for me it does.

Thanks!

In return for the secret medal, I'm now uploading a video of the tutorial level.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 12:06:13

At 4/11/12 11:59 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: Thanks!

In return for the secret medal, I'm now uploading a video of the tutorial level.

No prob. And I just got the tutorial level medal by the skin of my teeth, so hopefully that vid will help others. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 12:10:08

At 4/11/12 11:59 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 4/11/12 11:50 AM, SFS1313 wrote:
Thanks!

Oops, that was supposed to be a PM. Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F13AxP3MsDc

Even though you don't need it anymore...

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 15:15:11

Anyone got any idea what the cheat code for the game is?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 16:25:15

The medals for this game are not working for me. Has anybody received them? Are they broken?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2012-04-11 17:10:32

At 4/11/12 04:25 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/593312
The medals for this game are not working for me. Has anybody received them? Are they broken?

I believe the authors says he knows about the problem and will fix it, and add more, the next time he updates the game.