Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 5th, 2011 @ 02:16 PM Reply

At 12/5/11 11:50 AM, ixfd64 wrote: Two new games:

Did anyone get the "beat level 12" medal too on level seven?

Also, I forgot to post this a while ago, but here's a video guide to the challenge levels in Melee man.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
DiMono
DiMono
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 5th, 2011 @ 02:50 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 04:07 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/4/11 03:37 PM, 9Iittle wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4676
Finished the medal guide on my accounts new post
Thank you for making a guide. It would be awesome if every game had a guide.

There was a time when every game did have one. But now there are hundreds of games, often with multiple games coming out each week, and it got too hard to keep up. Plus it was supposed to be getting migrated over to the wiki, so any sense of urgency kind of went away.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Tycrane
Tycrane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 5th, 2011 @ 03:27 PM Reply

New game.

ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 5th, 2011 @ 07:19 PM Reply

New game, bitches:

Find me on Facebook!

MatthewF
MatthewF
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 35
Musician
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 01:07 AM Reply

At 12/5/11 10:15 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
Can you send one to me too please?

Done sorry it took me forever.

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.
I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!
AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature
Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 01:26 AM Reply

After looking at a lot of the "new" games and such... honestly I'd have to say I'm a little disgusted =/ Given that I've been busy with school and making sure I've tied up all the loose ends and whatnot, I've not had the time currently to give them a fair shake. Finals are next week, so roughly around that time I'll see what I'll be doing from here on out.

Even if I no longer have the passion to wh0re up medals, I'll still visit NG from time to time to check out what cool new games people come up with, as well as watch the occasional movie.

At 12/5/11 03:28 PM, MikeyS9607 wrote: Somebody posted links in the last page or so, but some sick minded admin actually approved my medals. What gives?

Two people with actual people person avatars and not just weapons/candy/fisties explained the situation in said last page.

Basically, they're finally moving ahead with their claims on the gameswithmedals page that anyone can put medals into their submissions, and the staff are going ahead and approving all the submissions with pending approval. I'm not sure what happens to the people that already got rejected (there's a submission with medals for racing over 9000 laps, wtf?). However, this doesn't give the green light to just dick off and abuse the system, because people can apparently be banned from using the newgrounds API.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 10:01 AM Reply

At 12/6/11 01:26 AM, Fooliolo wrote: After looking at a lot of the "new" games and such... honestly I'd have to say I'm a little disgusted =/ Given that I've been busy with school and making sure I've tied up all the loose ends and whatnot, I've not had the time currently to give them a fair shake. Finals are next week, so roughly around that time I'll see what I'll be doing from here on out.

Even if I no longer have the passion to wh0re up medals, I'll still visit NG from time to time to check out what cool new games people come up with, as well as watch the occasional movie.

This I totally agree with. I dunno if it was just me, but I'd get excited every time I'd see a new medal game posted, because (for the most part) you knew you were getting a quality game that was worth the time to play. I don't have a video game system anymore, but some of the games that I've played here have rivaled a lot of the console games I've played in the past, and I loved that. It shows what kinda talented folks are out there, and it was always great to give their efforts feedback.

With the medal game dump of the last week? Well, there were a few that were really good (Zombie Outbreak I really dug, same with Bzoonk: The Pub Crawl, and a few others), but for the most part they were very lackluster, and not really that fun to play. The majority of games in that dump were very disappointing, and honestly, don't deserve medals when there are others (I'll point out Sociotown) that the author seemingly put time and effort into, that never got approved.

While yeah, it's fun getting medals and points, I'd prefer it be for quality, not just because the author has the opportunity to put medals in their submission. I understand the admins are really busy, but a little quality control would be nice.

DiMono
DiMono
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 11:16 AM Reply

Someone posted a little while ago that medals should be disapproved if the score falls below some threshold. I support this idea. I think if the score after passing judgment falls below 2.0, the medals should be removed, and only reinstated if the score gets back up over 2.5. That would be a really easy way to make sure that only quality games get medals (says the guy who doesn't have to write any code to make it happen).

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 03:06 PM Reply

New game. Meh, fun little thingy, but the whole ''be here on 25th December'' thing got me way to curious to see how it was programmed. 2 clicks later I had the medal. Feels a bit dull though, I didn't care about the points just about the way the medal was programmed. Now I look like a little kid who doesn't want to wait until Christmas. This IS kind of the point of the game, though. :P

Auz
Auz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 56
Movie Buff
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 05:37 PM Reply

New game:

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]
Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz
The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 10 August 2014)

BBS Signature
Little-Rena
Little-Rena
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 43
Melancholy
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 08:51 PM Reply

At 12/6/11 03:06 PM, Nijsse wrote: Now I look like a little kid who doesn't want to wait until Christmas. This IS kind of the point of the game, though. :P

I'm joining you there, lol.

It is a neat idea but sadly a little flawed.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 6th, 2011 @ 11:43 PM Reply

At 12/4/11 12:23 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 12/4/11 11:35 AM, ixfd64 wrote: Another new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4883
Is there any way to play this game? I can't find anyone, and without them I can't earn medals...

I'll be on it for the next hour or so, in case anyone wants a chance for some medals from it.

We might have to set up some times when people are available to play it. I just don't see this as being a popular game.

ixfd64
ixfd64
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 59
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 7th, 2011 @ 11:42 AM Reply

New game:

• Cube Tower
    Cube Tower by gamezhero

Click to view.

Type
    Game
    Rated
    Everyone

Find me on Facebook!

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 01:22 AM Reply

A few spoiler strategy/observations:

Go to safe, enter 326 (from "the shiny"(the Shinning) poster). Grab the axe. Go to the hallway. Use the axe against the end of the hallway. Grab the chainsaw. Go to the next hallway. Use the chainsaw on the door at the very end of the hallway. The end.

Haven't figured out how to get the last 3 secret medals, involving dying, yet.

I don't think there really is a way to fail in this game. You can spam all 4 direction keys and still bag the item, without any negative effect to your points. Upgrade and spam. That's all there is to it getting all the medals for it.

• Cube Tower
    Cube Tower by gamezhero

Click to view.

Type
    Game
    Rated
    Everyone

some observations - haven't beaten all the levels, yet, for it.:

The game seems hard at first, but once you know that each enemy type seems weak against a certain tower (purple - speed tower, black - tesla tower - blue- acid tower, grey - slow tower, and bombs everything) it becomes a lot easier. Bombs, aside from certain towers, are probably the most important thing in beating the levels. They can destroy up to 3 small, to medium, enemies and kill most large enemies in one hit, with splash damage to the others.

Major glitch for this game. You can use the hint unlimited times, but beware that the hint is not always accurate.

"Tab" works great for this.

BSEfcukde
BSEfcukde
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 26
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 07:19 AM Reply

At 12/8/11 01:22 AM, EdyKel wrote: A few spoiler strategy/observations:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5112
Go to safe, enter 326 (from "the shiny"(the Shinning) poster). Grab the axe. Go to the hallway. Use the axe against the end of the hallway. Grab the chainsaw. Go to the next hallway. Use the chainsaw on the door at the very end of the hallway. The end.

Haven't figured out how to get the last 3 secret medals, involving dying, yet.

Neither axe nor chainsaw can crash the windows. But there is something in a safe which can do so...

SFS1313
SFS1313
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 36
Filmmaker
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 02:23 PM Reply

Another new game...

DoctorStrongbad
DoctorStrongbad
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 55
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 04:05 PM Reply

At 12/5/11 01:41 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Yet another new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5106

This game is really challenging. It could really use some power ups.
Anybody have tips or a walk through?
Is it me, or is there no way to determine your level?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics
Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 8th, 2011 @ 11:55 PM Reply

At 12/8/11 04:05 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 12/5/11 01:41 PM, ixfd64 wrote: Yet another new game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5106
This game is really challenging. It could really use some power ups.
Anybody have tips or a walk through?
Is it me, or is there no way to determine your level?

It's not that hard. Just remember the patterns and plan accordingly. Professor bombs can destroy all enemies in a room, without shields; and can likewise destroy multiple shields. Sometimes you have to wait until multiple targets are in one room before using them. Mystics are good for killing multiple targets, but will die if they destroy too many, or by using their power to destroy a shield. ...and I think they take a 3rd of the life from rival priests before dying. For manias, I often turn them and release them from the 3rd or 4th room, so they can hit multiple targets along the way. I use cop bats to infect cops, or detectives, and they turn into a pile of acid that will take away life and dwindle down shields. Other than just the basics, there's not much more I can say. Also, using the hotkeys for rooms can help get you to them faster to set up your monster.

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 02:50 PM Reply

How can you get the "die to the hands of" medals? I can't get either of them. I tried dying at the last boss, but it didn't work. Do I have to try that again, maybe because it didn't send, or is it something completely different?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.
Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 03:12 PM Reply

I don't think this one has been posted yet.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature
Tycrane
Tycrane
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 9th, 2011 @ 05:14 PM Reply

New game!

skiller12
skiller12
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 24
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 10th, 2011 @ 08:55 AM Reply

At 12/9/11 05:14 PM, Tycrane wrote: New game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 5406

Click on medal icons (even locked) in medals section to get every medal without even bothering to play. Actually, i found this out accidently...

SantoNinoDeCebu
SantoNinoDeCebu
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Supporter
Level 32
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 10th, 2011 @ 09:17 AM Reply

At 12/10/11 08:55 AM, skiller12 wrote:
Click on medal icons (even locked) in medals section to get every medal without even bothering to play. Actually, i found this out accidently...

Oh shhii.. thanks for letting me know! I must have forgot to take it out, that was for me quickly testng if the medals unlocked....

Nijsse
Nijsse
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 60
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 10th, 2011 @ 09:27 AM Reply

At 12/10/11 08:55 AM, skiller12 wrote:

I think it would be way more helpful if you let the author know about this in stead of putting it here, especially if it's a game (like this one) that is definitely worth playing 'till the very end. Still, it's nice to see you posting here again. =)

Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 10th, 2011 @ 01:25 PM Reply

Mentioned before, I know.

This game can get pretty hard beyond wave 15. I found myself having to respec at least twice per wave, especially the waves with aliens in them. They're ridiculously high up, it'd be impossible to reach them without some diving and really high boost stat. On the bright side, it only takes one flick of the tail to destroy them and each one completely refills your HP.

Still grinding away on this fun game...

Fooliolo
Fooliolo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 11
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 10th, 2011 @ 05:14 PM Reply

After having played through the whole game, I can say that there's a difficulty spike between waves 13-18. After that, it gets easy as you get enough points to upgrade your survival stats. Then it starts to get hard again as you approach wave 50.

Some pointers for in-game achievements:
-- The Steampunk Nightmare wave (42 iirc) is realistically the last chance you'll get at fulfilling the "sink 10 subs with mines" achievement. After that, good fking luck.
-- When you eat all the fish/birds in a wave, an icon will show up at the top right for each.
-- Each time you take a bite out of the moon, it moves higher. Might as well practice jumping, because some of the large alien ships fly as high as 240m.
-- You can actually regenerate health faster than you starve to death if you have a really high regeneration stat. Sadly, suffocation is still a deadly killer, so you'll need to rely on bonuses for the "lungs of steel" achievement.
-- You get a dozen upgrade points for getting all achievements! There's also a glitch in that if you do this, beat a wave, then reload the page, it will reward you with another dozen upgrade points. There's no point in doing this a fourth time though. Jerk.

Knuckstrike
Knuckstrike
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 38
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips Dec. 11th, 2011 @ 09:20 AM Reply

• Invertion
    Invertion by HighUpStudio

Click to view.

Type
    Game
    Rated
    Everyone

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature