00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Zombiehit just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,303 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-27 13:13:29

At 11/26/11 10:48 PM, SFS1313 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 3975
The medals are now worth points.

any infos on how unlocking the penultimate secret medal ? Had all the others before the medals were available ehe

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-27 15:44:06

At 11/23/11 07:10 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4352

How many levels are in this game? As in ship levels, not the ones you have to beat.

I'm now at level 20, and I thought that was the last one, but it isn't. I'm not going to grind fifty or more levels for a medal. Since you only get 3000 exp for a level, it will take half an hour of pure grinding if it's level 30.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-27 23:26:34

At 11/27/11 03:44 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: How many levels are in this game? As in ship levels, not the ones you have to beat.

I'm now at level 20, and I thought that was the last one, but it isn't. I'm not going to grind fifty or more levels for a medal. Since you only get 3000 exp for a level, it will take half an hour of pure grinding if it's level 30.

I wanna say its 25, but I could be wrong. Your best bet is to beat the final level over and over a few times for the maximum exp. points. It shouldn't take you all that long.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-28 00:34:48

At 11/27/11 11:26 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 11/27/11 03:44 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: How many levels are in this game? As in ship levels, not the ones you have to beat.
I wanna say its 25, but I could be wrong. Your best bet is to beat the final level over and over a few times for the maximum exp. points. It shouldn't take you all that long.

It's 23 actually iirc. Yes, it's the ye olde grinder medal. Damage should top out at 200% after you attain max level and perfect every fight.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-28 03:00:40

At 11/26/11 10:48 PM, SFS1313 wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 3975
The medals are now worth points.

Has anybody made a guide for this game? Speaking of guides, any updates on the Wiki list?

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-28 10:16:13

Thanks for the clarification, Fooliolo. I couldn't remember the exact number. :)

At 11/28/11 03:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: Has anybody made a guide for this game? Speaking of guides, any updates on the Wiki list?

No guides as of yet to my knowledge, but you can obtain the majority of the medals in the Free Ride mode. As for the secret ones, I dunno how many there are (I got the majority of medals before the medals were approved), but for the last one on the page, I've no idea. The 2 before it however have to deal with the boss fight you unlock after you succeed in racing through each track until the end (I think there's 7 different roads to take).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-28 10:27:37

At 11/28/11 03:00 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:

: Has anybody made a guide for this game? Speaking of guides, any updates on the Wiki list?

If you want a guide to a certain medal, just ask for it. It isn't the best game for a guide, since most of the hard medals are secret. But if you want me to make a video guide on how to beat the last boss, just ask for it.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-28 11:08:08

In regards to Freeway Fury 2, how do you get the "jump onto a moving vehicle" medal? I assumed it was pretty obvious, just jumping from one car to another, but that's not the case... unless I'm doing something totally wrong. Any hints?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-28 11:15:17

At 11/28/11 11:08 AM, SFS1313 wrote: In regards to Freeway Fury 2, how do you get the "jump onto a moving vehicle" medal? I assumed it was pretty obvious, just jumping from one car to another, but that's not the case... unless I'm doing something totally wrong. Any hints?

I think it's broken for you. Everyone I've seen has it as one of his first three medals, and since the combo's are jump*X, it's certainly jump from one car to another. It's a not secret 5-point medal too, so that is the easiest kind.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-28 11:16:01

did you try to jump on a car on the reverse road ?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-28 11:45:20

Okay, I just got it. I dunno why it didn't work for me before, as I've jumped onto a buncha cars before and it never popped up.

Thanks fellas. :)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-28 19:20:36

I posted this in the top medal point users list thread, but since I know not everyone in here visits that thread and some of those who don't may be interested in this anyway, I'll post it in this thread too:

Here is a full list of medals that have been obtained by at least one user on the top 200 medal gainers list.

You start on the game index, showing how many medals with/without points there are. Clicking on a game name will show you a detailed list of medals for that game, while clicking on the button will show all medals for all games. When viewing either medal list, you can hover over the name of the medal to get the description for that medal. When viewing the full list, you can click on some of the headers to change how the list is sorted. Headers repeat after every 100 medals, and at the bottom of the list.

This is a list that HoS has the power to update. It will do this by adding any new medals obtained by a user in the top 50 of the last list published. It will not update point values on medals that have their value changed. This list is mostly meant as a snapshot of how things are right now, but depending on the response to it by you guys, it might be more thoroughly developed in the future.

Enjoy!

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-29 01:11:41

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-30 13:35:25

At 11/29/11 01:11 AM, ixfd64 wrote: Zero-point medals:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/58 4676

The medals are now visible and worth points.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-30 13:53:18

Whoa, did some medal games get approved and aren't listed on the site yet? Or did some medal values go up? Reason I ask is that this morning I had 85460. I got the Shiny Minecraft movie medals (giving out 25) and the only other ones I got today were 3 from the Doom Triple Pack game for a total of 125. Looking at my total now, I have 86905? How the heck did I jump up that much!?!

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. It's just sorta weird.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-30 14:08:23

Okay, I think I figured it out. A few games got their medals approved (at least I think so)...

- Fantasy XFII
- Fling that Fulp
- Get Off My Roof
- Robo Riot
- Shakespeare Battle Game

There may be others, I dunno.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-30 14:37:36

At 11/30/11 01:53 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Whoa, did some medal games get approved and aren't listed on the site yet? Or did some medal values go up? Reason I ask is that this morning I had 85460. I got the Shiny Minecraft movie medals (giving out 25) and the only other ones I got today were 3 from the Doom Triple Pack game for a total of 125. Looking at my total now, I have 86905? How the heck did I jump up that much!?!

Not that I'm complaining, mind you. It's just sorta weird.

I haven't got a new medal yet, but the difference between NG logs and my current score is 112760-109240=3520. That's huge.

But there are indeed a few others. Here are the ones I could find, in alphabetical order. Someone might have posted them a few minutes before me. If so, sorry.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-30 16:08:23

Found another one. The medals don't show up on the pages of the games mentioned in this and the previous two posts though.

And Dimono, now's your chance to get an incredible amount of medal points in a week. I don't think we will ever see over 50 games approved in one day again.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-30 16:22:47

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-11-30 18:12:35

At 11/30/11 04:22 PM, ixfd64 wrote: New "game":

Yeah, lol, game, the medal for this is easy, you just wait a little after it's ended, one of the easiest medals to get :p

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 10:01:41

So just a heads up on what's going on.... Tom did a mass approval on medals to prepare for the redesign.

What's going to start happening on medals is that, whenever an artist publishes a game, the medals will instantly be approved (unless the artist is banned from the api or something). We will be unveiling new tools for API Moderators that will allow them to un-approve broken or offensive medals from the portal pages directly.

Because of these new tools I'm not going to waste time porting over our current approval tools to the redesign, which is why Tom is approving more stuff right now. This new process will make medals in games more accessible to developers, and will probably also result in lower quality submissions with valid/approved medals, but that's no different than Xbox Live, Steam, etc etc... you'll just have to take the good with the bad.

We WILL be sticking with the same standards where medals must actually get tested and unlocked before they will register as being active.

Due to bugs in older versions of the API many of the games that got approved may not be linked to their respective portal ids, so there's going to be a few that won't load in their pages. You can probably send Tom a pm when you come across these, and he can fix them when he gets time.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 10:14:06

Thanks for the info, PsychoGoldfish. Before all those were posted as having their medals approved and I had a huge jump in points, I thought I broke Newgrounds or something. Glad to know I wasn't going insane. :)

Are there more approved points coming down the line? Or is whatever's there right now is it?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 10:32:23

Tom approved everything in the queue, but there will always be more games coming out

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 11:25:34

Question with the medals when the tools come out for authors to put them in, will they be given full freedom on the weight of the points or will there be some limit on how they are distributed?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 12:24:22

At 12/1/11 10:01 AM, PsychoGoldfish wrote: So just a heads up on what's going on.... Tom did a mass approval on medals to prepare for the redesign.

What's going to start happening on medals is that, whenever an artist publishes a game, the medals will instantly be approved (unless the artist is banned from the api or something). We will be unveiling new tools for API Moderators that will allow them to un-approve broken or offensive medals from the portal pages directly.

Sweet deal. What about the old broken medals? Will they comb through reported old broken medals as well? Obviously they'll have to make a very strong case that it's broken, but it's better than what we have so far.

In addition, what about broken secret medals? Some of these will be incredibly hard to verify to be broken, and not just crazy hard or obscure to obtain.

And are there any written standards currently in place? Or will those have to happen as time goes on?

We WILL be sticking with the same standards where medals must actually get tested and unlocked before they will register as being active.

Doesn't prevent people from making a $up4 S3cr37 MEDAL g3t!! button, but I suppose independent verification will cover for those sneaking thieves that don't actually test their games.

Due to bugs in older versions of the API many of the games that got approved may not be linked to their respective portal ids, so there's going to be a few that won't load in their pages. You can probably send Tom a pm when you come across these, and he can fix them when he gets time.

Previously, I've been sending you PMs about these. Will that still work, or have you been forwarding them to Tom the whole time?

Sorry for all the questions, I hope you have the time to answer them. And thanks for the heads-up!

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 15:13:35

At 11/30/11 06:12 PM, Little-Rena wrote:
At 11/30/11 04:22 PM, ixfd64 wrote: New "game":
Yeah, lol, game, the medal for this is easy, you just wait a little after it's ended, one of the easiest medals to get :p

My kind of medal! you don't even have to watch the whole thing, just watch the credits and wait. Jumped my points from 102055 to 102140 after catching up the altered-point medals. I'm going to go ahead and update the medal point tracker so that it will update altered-point medals when it comes across them. It's still very much a beta, and one that probably won't work after the redesign, but it still may as well work properly.

Me getting oodles and oodles of points is going to wait until I have the time to put into the games; not when the games come out. It probably won't happen until at least February. I'm literally just going to run down the list looking for fast medal points and see what happens.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 16:19:35

I just went through the list - some medals hadn't linked up properly, some were broken and some just hadn't been unlocked by anyone yet... I think it should be all good now, so the ones listed should be ones with working visible medals now.

Working on Nightmare Cops!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 21:24:55

Maybe game that score 2 ,or lower, shouldn't be allowed to have medals worth points. I was just playing a couple today for the medals and... man... they just suck. I'm not even sure how to play some of them because they are SO BAD.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-12-01 22:19:40

The medals don't show up on all of the games, but they are visible for the following:

^ How did that one get approved? LOL.

^ Not a "new" game; the medals have been there for a while

^ Also not a "new" game

Con't below

Find me on Facebook!