00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mishirozen just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,634,792 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-13 23:12:35

At 10/13/11 10:23 PM, SFS1313 wrote:
At 10/13/11 08:32 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Yeah that will happen. It takes time to repair the thing, then finally you'll be given an option to assign a task force to fix it.
Aw man, I had no idea. There's no way to continue playing, and fix it again, is there? Or is it a one time deal?

Like I said, it takes time. I've only captured the Helipad once. The next game I started is in an impossible huge city, which is taking much, much longer to make progress in, so I may not be able to give any input on this particular area.

I can say that I decided to let the crazy doctor into my lab this time, and now I'm at the point where I can pick up the zombieism cure project anytime I want to, similar to other victory conditions. Knowing what happened with the other potential ending options, I'm doing no such thing until I have a sizeable population >_>

Leaving a clean building alone for one day instantly turns it into "overrun" status with 75+ zombies. Eeesh!

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 04:56:17

These medals now show up at the page.

At 10/13/11 05:36 PM, Coop wrote:
At 10/13/11 04:17 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
Or is there an ending you can't get on easy mode?
Oops, forgot to say that there was also a way to win by finding a cure to the zombieism.
Is that the one that starts when the random professor shows up and takes over one of your labs, then demands an assistant? I never got to see the end of that one, lunch was nearly over, so I took city hall and won that way.

Yes, it is. After a while the lab explodes and you will have to investigate with about 3 people. You will gain his notes, and after a while people will translate them. The result is a cure for the zombieism. This happened at about day 170, so it might take a while.

After you conquer every building there won't be any zombie attacks anymore, so you can just rapid-click the next day button.

For the helicopter ending, you can't sell any broken helicopter parts to anyone. After a while someone will just fix it.

I think everyone has found the defeat judgement gang ending (after a while an option in an unoccupied police station or fortified mall) and the ending you get by occupying the city hall.

For the last ending, I don't think it has something to do with time or resources. I'm now at day 376 with 999 food (the maximum), 100% happiness and over 50 inhabitants.
Nothing happens anymore, except for a love caravan every 14 days.

And has anyone found the secret medal yet?

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 05:15:44

At 10/14/11 04:59 AM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote: For Rebuild 2, has ANYBODY beat it on Impossible yet? I always manage to hang on for a while, but around day 70, there's a horde almost every day, and I can't hold out for very long after that.

Fooliolo has.

If you take some good survivors from another save file to the new camp and if you go for the city hall before it starts to get insane, you should be able to get it.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 09:55:48

I cannot find the last end for "Rebuild 2"....so far:
-Leave via helicopter
-Destroy the other gang via underground
-Research a cure for zombieism
-Make a government in the city hall
-?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 10:08:50

At 10/14/11 05:15 AM, Knuckstrike wrote: If you take some good survivors from another save file to the new camp and if you go for the city hall before it starts to get insane, you should be able to get it.

Yup, it's not that hard if you think a bit about what you're doing. I did it in 70 days but I lost quite a few people while writing the constitution, if you are more patient it should be easier.

I had one very weird game. My happiness was 100% but people kept converting/committing suicide every single day because of my church. Because there was no way I was going to win that game (went from 40 tot 10 people in 30 days :O) I closed the game and tried again. It might have had something to do with the 5th ending or something, dunno.

By the way, you're on fire Knuckstrike! Did you find some extra motivation because you are closing in on 100k points? =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 10:51:58

At 10/14/11 10:08 AM, Nijsse wrote: I had one very weird game. My happiness was 100% but people kept converting/committing suicide every single day because of my church. Because there was no way I was going to win that game (went from 40 tot 10 people in 30 days :O) I closed the game and tried again. It might have had something to do with the 5th ending or something, dunno.

I had this too. The only thing that can kill you after getting all houses is the church. They thought that being a zombie was good, right?

You should ban the book, or don't let the priest enter your church forever if he asks for it.

By the way, you're on fire Knuckstrike! Did you find some extra motivation because you are closing in on 100k points? =)

Something like that. It's also that because of this zombie game, I thought I should play a few other zombie games too. And I waant to pass DoctorStrongBad.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 10:55:50

At 10/14/11 10:08 AM, Nijsse wrote:
I had one very weird game. My happiness was 100% but people kept converting/committing suicide every single day because of my church.

Oops, forgot the image

Curse you, lack of edit

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 12:42:58

At 10/14/11 10:51 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
Something like that. It's also that because of this zombie game, I thought I should play a few other zombie games too. And I waant to pass DoctorStrongBad.

Other users are actually talking about me. I feel so important.

Your nobody til somebody wants to pass you. lol

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 14:36:40

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 15:52:17

Some notes about the Church of the Chosen Ones, which may or may not actually be related:

-- Early on, you're given the option to ban a book about how zombieism is a "gift". If you don't ban it, you get +10 happiness.
-- Choosing to elect a church leader forever occupies a church. In the future, you'll be showered by happiness like crazy, but let it go on too long, and your city will be crippled by holidays and suicides, both of which causes all missions to take one day extra.
-- The cult converts 1x1 cemetaries into churches. In turn, you can convert those into useful buildings.
-- If you reclaim the big 1x2 cemetary (dubbed the "necropolis"), the cult will be pleased. Taking the necropolis before you establish the cult however does nothing.
-- During the helicopter storyline, you'll be given the option to have someone read "A Cultural History of Zombies" or "Fixing Helicopters for Morons". Saying "No" gets you some comment about the former book.
-- I'm not sure what triggers this (because it doesn't happen every time), but after some time, if you let the dissenters live, the Riffs and dissenters will open up arms against the cult. Allowing this to proceed immediately offs at least two people, one of which is the cult leader.
-- I think encountering zombie hoards has something to do with the cult progression. I have a game where I have the cult established, but no suicides happen, no matter how long I wait.

Oh yeah I should mention in Isaac, if you find the tarot XVIII The Moon, it will always teleport you to the secret room. There's also an item called the Deck of Cards that spits out random tarot cards.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 15:58:41

And if anyone is in doubt about what the 5th ending might be, this guy has a video on the cinematics of all 5 endings.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 18:49:36

Has anybody figured out the secret medal yet for Rebuild 2?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-14 22:24:15

At 10/14/11 09:32 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 10/14/11 03:58 PM, Fooliolo wrote: And if anyone is in doubt about what the 5th ending might be, this guy has a video on the cinematics of all 5 endings.
Okay. So the 5th is obviously letting the church kill you. But I can't seem to do it. Once I get down to 3 or so remaining to kill themselves, the hordes take over and I lose.

Actually I suspect you have to kill the church leader via dissent, and the church leader must be in a city block adjacent to your fortifications.

I don't have the time for it now, but can someone confirm?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 05:44:18

At 10/14/11 09:32 PM, WeHaveFreshCookies wrote:
At 10/14/11 03:58 PM, Fooliolo wrote: And if anyone is in doubt about what the 5th ending might be, this guy has a video on the cinematics of all 5 endings.
Okay. So the 5th is obviously letting the church kill you. But I can't seem to do it. Once I get down to 3 or so remaining to kill themselves, the hordes take over and I lose.

Yeah. I'm not sure what's going on there. I had a game where I had captured every tile, so there was zero threat of attack, no hoards at all, and 0% danger of losing the city. But once I got down to about 5 or so people (due to church suicides), I just lost the game. There was no attack. I just lost, for seemingly no reason at all. I'm baffled by this one.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 07:37:41

At 10/14/11 10:24 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Actually I suspect you have to kill the church leader via dissent, and the church leader must be in a city block adjacent to your fortifications.

Nope, I had that happen and the church leaders committed suicide, but no ending. I also had the same game as White-Tree and a bunch of other stuff I could think of, but no ending. So yeah, I did what I could but I'm going to sit out now. I also tried a lot of stuff to find the secret medal, but no luck there. I'm really interested to figure out how to get these medals. Not because of the points, but because I'm all out of ideas. :O

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 10:57:10

And another 0-point medal game by the same author of the previous 0-point game posted on this page.

Also, congratulations Doctorstrongbad in gaining 100k points as number 14.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 13:04:00

At 10/15/11 07:37 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 10/14/11 10:24 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Actually I suspect you have to kill the church leader via dissent, and the church leader must be in a city block adjacent to your fortifications.

Nope, I had that happen and the church leaders committed suicide, but no ending. I also had the same game as White-Tree and a bunch of other stuff I could think of, but no ending. So yeah, I did what I could but I'm going to sit out now. I also tried a lot of stuff to find the secret medal, but no luck there. I'm really interested to figure out how to get these medals. Not because of the points, but because I'm all out of ideas. :O

Not sure either. has anyone tried suppressing the church from the get go? As to the secret medal, it's called mega city.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 14:20:26

I've done a couple different things with no results on that zombism ending. All were on very easy, small map, suppressed all dissenters.

1. Did not clear the map. Lost to horde attacks before everyone killed themselves.
2. Cleared the map, lost for no explicit reason when I was down to 3 survivors.
3. Got Zombism Cure first (to try and resolve the sudden ending with 3 survivors), did not clear the map. Same result as the 1st.
4. Got Zombism Cure, cleared the map. Same result as the 2nd.
5. Did not clear the map, sent survivors out to attack heavily infested buildings alone when they began suicides (like throwing them into the zombie pit). Lost to zombie horde attacks.

I have not explored allowing dissenters, so that might be something to look into. But i'm tired from going through over 5 games. Hope this helps!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 14:55:26

At 10/15/11 10:57 AM, Knuckstrike wrote:
Also, congratulations Doctorstrongbad in gaining 100k points as number 14.

Thank you Knuckstrike.

It was very challenging reaching 100,000 medal points. :)

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 15:59:17

At 10/15/11 01:04 PM, EdyKel wrote:
As to the secret medal, it's called mega city.

Hass anyone tried getting every single building in the largest possible city mode? I've got every city in a ''typical''city, but not yet on a huge city...

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 16:16:49

Could someone please send me a pm on how to get the secret medal in Getting Screwed over?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 16:21:05

At 10/15/11 04:16 PM, Nemo103 wrote: Could someone please send me a pm on how to get the secret medal in Getting Screwed over?

I thought I had it, but now I see I haven't found it yet...

Can anybody shoot me a pm too please?

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 17:12:58

At 10/15/11 03:59 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
Hass anyone tried getting every single building in the largest possible city mode? I've got every city in a ''typical''city, but not yet on a huge city...

First of all, how did you figure that out Edykel?

Second of all, yep, I tried it. Right now I have a huge city with 256 buildings, 143 people, 272 houses, 4 endings, but no secret medals. It doesn't take too long on Easy, but still it's pretty annoying. Now I'm really done with the game until someone else figures out how the last 2 medals work. :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 20:04:12

At 10/15/11 05:12 PM, Nijsse wrote:
At 10/15/11 03:59 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
First of all, how did you figure that out Edykel?

Just find it in the page source. It's usually in the longest line there, with "secret" near it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 20:11:11

At 10/15/11 04:21 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:
At 10/15/11 04:16 PM, Nemo103 wrote: Could someone please send me a pm on how to get the secret medal in Getting Screwed over?
I thought I had it, but now I see I haven't found it yet...

Can anybody shoot me a pm too please?

Me as well please, that thing is annoying :P

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 22:10:47

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-15 22:21:19

At 10/15/11 05:12 PM, Nijsse wrote: Second of all, yep, I tried it. Right now I have a huge city with 256 buildings, 143 people, 272 houses, 4 endings, but no secret medals. It doesn't take too long on Easy, but still it's pretty annoying. Now I'm really done with the game until someone else figures out how the last 2 medals work. :P

Hahahaha!

You coulda just asked me. I did impossible huge setting cause I had that "come at me bro" feeling. I ended with a score of over a million. Admittedly, I probably could have done it faster, but the number of zombies being spawned made me not want to take too much of a chance.

I'ma give it a couple more playthroughs before I give up on the zombism ending thing.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-16 00:09:00

At 10/15/11 10:10 PM, EdyKel wrote: New Game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 3738

I like the first secret medal. It's just for the lulz, and nothing more, while not being an "extra" xD +1 fun factor.

I apologize if no one wanted hints on this one, but I really wanted to say this.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-16 15:57:38

At 10/16/11 12:09 AM, Fooliolo wrote: I like the first secret medal. It's just for the lulz, and nothing more, while not being an "extra" xD +1 fun factor.

Any hints on this one, as well as the Illegal medal? It sounds like for the latter, you have to beat the level within 15 seconds, right?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-10-16 19:49:38

At 10/16/11 03:57 PM, SFS1313 wrote: Any hints on this one, as well as the Illegal medal? It sounds like for the latter, you have to beat the level within 15 seconds, right?

Correct. Not the easiest thing in the world, but far from the hardest too.

As for the secret medal, you might get it on accident trying for the illegal medal. Or just playing the game for that matter. Failing that, screwing around and being goofy should help.