00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

twmimic001 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,632,537 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-17 15:52:49

Can anybody please tell me what those CD's, like TM's from pokémon, do in crystal story? I get a few of them from monsters in the caves, but I can't seem to be able to use it.
They all start with ''RS: '' and then something like ''attacks twice'' or ''blinds enemy''.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-17 16:54:16

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-17 20:26:58

At 9/17/11 03:52 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: Can anybody please tell me what those CD's, like TM's from pokémon, do in crystal story? I get a few of them from monsters in the caves, but I can't seem to be able to use it.
They all start with ''RS: '' and then something like ''attacks twice'' or ''blinds enemy''.

They're basically one-use copies of enemy skills. For example, if you face a battle of 4 enemies, you can use RS: Crab Claw to hit all of them for damage (consuming the item in the process). They don't work like TMs or HMs in Pocket Monsters, in that they teach your characters skills.

If you like them for some reason, I believe a certain low quality slime food has a chance of generating some RS skills. Killing rare monsters will always yield an RS that summons them, though if you're really low level (-5), I advise avoiding rare monsters.

This game... becomes a chore after the first 15 minutes. Reminds me of Torchlight, except less variety, less graphics, and more feeling of grindyness.

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-17 20:40:44

At 9/17/11 08:26 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Killing rare monsters will always yield an RS that summons them, though if you're really low level (-5), I advise avoiding rare monsters.

Argh I need an edit button =( I abuse those for a few minutes after each post in other forums >.<

Summon RS skills don't really say what they actually do.
--Bahumat buffs your entire party with +Atk, +Mag, +Def, +MDef, +Regen. VERY POWERFUL!
--Bunch attacks every enemy with cold element attack, similar to Blizzard.
--Fury attacks a single chosen target with a powerful wind element attack. Think of it as Thunder on steroids.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-17 23:46:47

I know we can't ask for specifics in this thread, but does anyone know of anyone who has discovered the secret medal in Crystal Story yet? I've beaten the whole game, including Ultimate Dargon, and have yet to come across it, nor have I seen anyone who's discovered it yet.

Does anyone have any semblance of an idea of what it might be? Usually someone has at least discovered it by the time a game has been out this long, especially a game this popular.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-18 03:52:00

At 9/17/11 11:46 PM, White-Tree wrote: I know we can't ask for specifics in this thread, but does anyone know of anyone who has discovered the secret medal in Crystal Story yet? I've beaten the whole game, including Ultimate Dargon, and have yet to come across it, nor have I seen anyone who's discovered it yet.

Does anyone have any semblance of an idea of what it might be? Usually someone has at least discovered it by the time a game has been out this long, especially a game this popular.

No idea, but this is underneath it: nyan pic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-18 12:39:43

At 9/15/11 04:57 PM, ixfd64 wrote: The-EXP is releasing a lot of games these days...

Does anyone have a map of where all the plates are? I'm missing the 10th one, which is an I. Not really a medal question, but if anyone's going to know, it's you guys.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-18 21:14:46

Perfect game of Wonderputt! Easily the worst hole to play is hole 10, the second lillypad hole. Gah!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-DgncDj2w vw

Unce unce unce unce!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-18 23:01:28

At 9/18/11 09:14 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Perfect game of Wonderputt! Easily the worst hole to play is hole 10, the second lillypad hole. Gah!

Unce unce unce unce!

Nice work.
I have gone through the game almost 10 times. Still have a long way to go.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-19 06:38:14

At 9/18/11 09:14 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Perfect game of Wonderputt! Easily the worst hole to play is hole 10, the second lillypad hole. Gah!

Unce unce unce unce!

That was awesome, nice work! That's certainly going to save me some time. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-19 10:09:44

Unce unce unce unce!

I bow before thee, Fooliolo. :) You certainly have more skill, and patience than I do. I only played it around 20 times or so for the first medal, and I think my best 10,000 total was around 6 holes before I got frustrated.

Great job, man. Seriously, I am in awe, as I didn't think that it was possible to get a perfect game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-19 19:47:08

At 9/18/11 12:39 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 9/15/11 04:57 PM, ixfd64 wrote: The-EXP is releasing a lot of games these days...
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 9500
Does anyone have a map of where all the plates are? I'm missing the 10th one, which is an I. Not really a medal question, but if anyone's going to know, it's you guys.

Sorry for being late, but if you haven't found it by now, I've attached a map to this post. Note that there is a "blank" plate on the bottom left, which is probably an I.

At 9/19/11 10:09 AM, SFS1313 wrote: Great job, man. Seriously, I am in awe, as I didn't think that it was possible to get a perfect game.

If it is possible to do all holes perfectly, it's possible to do the whole game perfectly. How likely it is that you get a perfect game is another question =P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-19 20:45:39

At 9/18/11 03:52 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 9/17/11 11:46 PM, White-Tree wrote: I know we can't ask for specifics in this thread, but does anyone know of anyone who has discovered the secret medal in Crystal Story yet? I've beaten the whole game, including Ultimate Dargon, and have yet to come across it, nor have I seen anyone who's discovered it yet.

No idea, but this is underneath it: nyan pic

i have no idea too... i also explored all floors,but no luck
after i saw that pic,%u0287%u0250%u0254 o%u0287 p%u01DD%u0287%u0250%u05DF%u01DD%u0279 %u02D9%u0265%u0287s %u0265%u0287%u0131%u028D %u01DD%u026F%u0131%u05DFs p%u01DD%u01DD%u025F o%u0287 p%u01DD%u01DDu no%u028E %u029Eu%u0131%u0265%u0287 %u0131 , just a thought, i haven't test it either

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-19 23:55:39

At 9/19/11 08:45 PM, lolnameless wrote: i have no idea too... i also explored all floors,but no luck
after i saw that pic,%u0287%u0250%u0254 o%u0287 p%u01DD%u0287%u0250%u05DF%u01DD%u0279 %u02D9%u0265%u0287s %u0265%u0287%u0131%u028D %u01DD%u026F%u0131%u05DFs p%u01DD%u01DD%u025F o%u0287 p%u01DD%u01DDu no%u028E %u029Eu%u0131%u0265%u0287 %u0131 , just a thought, i haven't test it either

Thanks for your input, but what is this: "%u0287%u0250%u0254 o%u0287", etc.

I'm seeing that sort of text a lot lately. Is this a new troll, or is it actually meant to communicate something?

Anyone else have any ideas for that that Nyan-cat-looking-slime might be? I've been trying to feed the slime a bunch of different combinations of things to see if that might do it, but so far no luck.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-20 00:51:13

I just found it. It's a ye olde generic hidden button. Amusing :3

It's also one of those things where it's not worth looking for because it's only 5 points, but definitely worth getting if you know how to get it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-20 09:34:35

At 9/20/11 12:51 AM, Fooliolo wrote: I just found it. It's a ye olde generic hidden button. Amusing :3

It's also one of those things where it's not worth looking for because it's only 5 points, but definitely worth getting if you know how to get it.

Can you get the medal at any time or will you need to restart a file if you have progressed beyond a certain point?

От каждого по способностям, каждому по потребностям

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-20 11:36:33

At 9/20/11 09:34 AM, RobJohnson wrote: Can you get the medal at any time or will you need to restart a file if you have progressed beyond a certain point?

All I'm going to say is that the button isn't actually invisible. Just keep your eyes peeled =P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-20 12:37:57

At 9/19/11 07:47 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
Sorry for being late, but if you haven't found it by now, I've attached a map to this post. Note that there is a "blank" plate on the bottom left, which is probably an I.

So this is weird: I played it again today, and now I'm missing the first N plate. Except, I've collected both of them. I now suspect that which plate is where is random, and I'm just going to have to play the game over again if I want 100% completion on it. Ah well.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-20 15:52:15

At 9/20/11 12:37 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 9/19/11 07:47 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
So this is weird: I played it again today, and now I'm missing the first N plate. Except, I've collected both of them. I now suspect that which plate is where is random, and I'm just going to have to play the game over again if I want 100% completion on it. Ah well.

After replaying the game just now, all the plates I found were exactly as advertised in the map, but for some reason it didn't register my having found one of the N plates the last time around. Weird. Anyway, I just finished up with 100%ing the game, and now that's that.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-20 19:51:29

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-21 05:44:10

At 9/20/11 11:36 AM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 9/20/11 09:34 AM, RobJohnson wrote: Can you get the medal at any time or will you need to restart a file if you have progressed beyond a certain point?
All I'm going to say is that the button isn't actually invisible. Just keep your eyes peeled =P

Thanks for completely avoiding my question.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-21 07:42:39

I think he is trying to say he wants you to look for it yourself

Excuse me, I'm looking for a car that's been tricked out to look like an ice cream truck.

I could use a strapping young man to do some chores around the house!

AHHH! JACKPOT!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-21 13:25:49

At 9/21/11 07:42 AM, MatthewF wrote: I think he is trying to say he wants you to look for it yourself

Yeah man... I guess I'll start over a new file and grind my way through the game all over again to look for a 5-point medal.

Not knowing if it is actually even going to help at all.

I bet it has something to do with the lost cat storyline.... but I completed that ages ago... if that's the case I might have to just forget about this one.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-21 16:06:02

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-21 18:29:32

At 9/21/11 01:25 PM, RobJohnson wrote: I bet it has something to do with the lost cat storyline.... but I completed that ages ago... if that's the case I might have to just forget about this one.

It is possible to get this medal directly after you start playing, and it won't won't ever become impossible to obtain.

At least, I'm pretty sure..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-21 18:44:14

At 9/21/11 06:29 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: It is possible to get this medal directly after you start playing, and it won't won't ever become impossible to obtain.

Thanks, wonder!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-21 19:16:52

At 9/21/11 06:29 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: It is possible to get this medal directly after you start playing, and it won't won't ever become impossible to obtain.

Yes it is possible to obtain at any time.

In the future RobJohnson, I advise taking the path of least resistance first, aka check the easy things before you come up with elaborate schemes. Normally I do things my way when I seem to be the only one to have discovered how to get a secret medal, and none of us are obligated to share tips in the first place.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-21 22:40:26

At 9/21/11 07:16 PM, Fooliolo wrote: none of us are obligated to share tips in the first place.

I thanked Wonder for answering the question I asked.

The question in no way gave away the location of the medal, but at the same time, the answer helped me out greatly. A simple question, with a simple answer...

No need to get on your high horse all over a 5-point medal.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-09-21 23:53:27

At 9/21/11 10:40 PM, RobJohnson wrote:
At 9/21/11 07:16 PM, Fooliolo wrote: none of us are obligated to share tips in the first place.
I thanked Wonder for answering the question I asked.

The question in no way gave away the location of the medal, but at the same time, the answer helped me out greatly. A simple question, with a simple answer...

No need to get on your high horse all over a 5-point medal.

I'm sure we've all experienced frustration at some point or another, but what I said is what I believe helps any gamer. That's not to say that elaborate mechanisms exist that provide the best advantages don't exist, but more often than not the best answer is sometimes the simplest.

I'm sorry that you think that I'm being rude. It didn't take me long to find it after I went into "secret sniffing mode", using the above system, and I didn't want to be the one to give away everything. You might find this disagreeable, but I find it fun to see people bump around in the dark a bit longer while giving them nudges. Once someone else finds it, I don't mind giving away obvious hints, since by then it's no longer much of a secret (unless that person also wants it to remain a secret).

[Forum, Portal and Icon Mod]

Wi/Ht? #36 // Steam: Auz

The Top 100 Reviewers List (Last updated: 5 May 2018)

BBS Signature