00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ParallaxDraw just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,632,747 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-24 15:31:27

At 8/24/11 01:20 PM, Fooliolo wrote: It just looked that way. I didn't actually achieve it yet =( Best I've done was 9 bombs and 7 lives.

I also compared the damage of bombs versus crashes. They both do approximately the same damage, although my data suggests that crashes do a point or two more.

Done. 9 bombs, 8 lives is what it took to kill the boss. Feel free to agonize over slow ships, bullets, and speedy kamikazes all over again!

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-25 01:47:07

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-25 03:14:44

At 8/25/11 01:47 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 7980
How do you get the Quick End medal?

Beat the game in just a few phases. I did it in 14 and wasn't even trying hard, so it shouldn't be a problem.

At 8/24/11 03:31 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Feel free to agonize over slow ships, bullets, and speedy kamikazes all over again!

Thanks for the update on that one, glad you're back a bit.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-25 04:14:50

At 8/25/11 03:14 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 8/25/11 01:47 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 7980
How do you get the Quick End medal?
Beat the game in just a few phases. I did it in 14 and wasn't even trying hard, so it shouldn't be a problem.

The in-game description says to do it in 15 phases or less. Honestly, not hard after learning the ropes from the first playthrough.

I too also did it in 14 and wasn't trying hard xD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-25 22:52:52

can someone send me a PM of how to get the secret medal on splash damage?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-25 22:57:10

Can anyone send me a PM of how to get the secret medal on splash damage?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-26 00:01:12

At 8/25/11 03:14 AM, Nijsse wrote:

Is the goal to not buy any upgrades?
Are there certain upgrades I should buy?
I am having problems with this medal. :(

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-26 00:54:49

At 8/26/11 12:01 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
Is the goal to not buy any upgrades?

If you tried that, you're in for a really long ride. Just because of fuel alone, you're not going to get much more than 30 minerals per phase.

Are there certain upgrades I should buy?

It doesn't take too much thought to figure out a generally optimal path.

First off, you'll want mobility. I mean, seriously, who grabs floating shyt in space when they crawl at 5 pixels per second at maximum speed? (exaggeration)

Next would be upping the frequency of the rainbow minerals. When you compare the frequency of both regular and rainbow minerals and factor in their worth, rainbows are worth more. This is verified when you max both of them.

Next would be to up your fuel capacity. You're inevitably going to run out of fuel anyways, mind as well start with your fuel capacity. And in the mishap that you get dinged by an asteroid, you'll live better as opposed to waiting for a gas pickup.

After that, it'll be a balancing act between rainbows, mobility, slower drops, and fuel. You can't go too wrong, but the idea is that you are able to collect as many rainbows as you can, as fast as you can, for as long as you can.

I am having problems with this medal. :(

=(

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-26 00:57:18

At 8/26/11 12:54 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Next would be to up your fuel capacity. You're inevitably going to run out of fuel anyways, mind as well start with your fuel capacity. And in the mishap that you get dinged by an asteroid, you'll live better as opposed to waiting for a gas pickup.

I should mention that you get more fuel per capacity upgrade than a fuel pickup would.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-27 00:19:26

I think I've experienced some submission issues today...and once again, an extremely boring medal that takes forever didn't get sent. At least this time it was only the BedClock one (though it didn't register at all, I even went to 10k to make sure), last time it was the one for the menu screen game in Hansel and Gretel. Not going to do that again.

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-27 21:43:28

Is the secret medal in StrawberyClock Smackdown broken or something? I checked all the authors, a couple reviewers, and several top medal people and none of them have it. If not, can someone who does have it PM me? :P

See my news post with medal hunting links and tools. I made a program NGMedals that finds your statistics and unearned medals.

There is also a browser script.

Maintainer of the Top Medal Point Users List and API Mod - feel free to PM with any issues.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-29 12:26:59

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-29 12:28:18

At 8/29/11 12:26 PM, Soapbubble wrote: 0 point medals right here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 8367

I got some of them.

Last.FM | I like comments. :3 | Awesome sig made by Life-Stream

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-29 19:20:42

How many times do you have to refuel in one level to get the Refueling medal in Galactic Miner?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-29 20:28:11

At 8/29/11 07:20 PM, Praseodymium wrote: How many times do you have to refuel in one level to get the Refueling medal in Galactic Miner?

The maximum amount of times possible. You must max out the fuel capacity and fuel drop frequency stats.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-29 21:44:41

At 8/29/11 08:28 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 8/29/11 07:20 PM, Praseodymium wrote: How many times do you have to refuel in one level to get the Refueling medal in Galactic Miner?
The maximum amount of times possible. You must max out the fuel capacity and fuel drop frequency stats.

Thanks, medal attained.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 01:32:11

So on Granny Strikes Back, I've done the first few achievements such as "open 10 chests" and "run 1600 meters" but did not receive the medals for them. Does finishing the game with all golds get the medals later or something?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 01:56:00

At 8/30/11 01:32 AM, coolblondman wrote: So on Granny Strikes Back, I've done the first few achievements such as "open 10 chests" and "run 1600 meters" but did not receive the medals for them. Does finishing the game with all golds get the medals later or something?

Well, they don't send until after you finish a level and return to the map, but otherwise it might just be a problem on your end. Stuff like that has happened a lot to me.

q

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 02:05:56

Okay wow this guy screwed up. The boneyard area that's supposedly beyond the crystal area CANNOT be accessed in this version. It comes at 22500 points in the teagames.com version. Furthermore, I've reached 31k points in the NG version, and there was no change in sight.

There's also mention of "new starting areas" when you reach the different zones, but I haven't been able to do anything about those.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 02:15:49

Forgot the pic >_>

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 02:34:14

At 8/30/11 02:05 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Okay wow this guy screwed up. The boneyard area that's supposedly beyond the crystal area CANNOT be accessed in this version.

If there is no way to get those medals, than it should be reported to the broken medal list.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 02:38:06

At 8/30/11 02:34 AM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 8/30/11 02:05 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Okay wow this guy screwed up. The boneyard area that's supposedly beyond the crystal area CANNOT be accessed in this version.
If there is no way to get those medals, than it should be reported to the broken medal list.

This was discovered after I made the post. It will show up next time if the author isn't going to do anything about it. I still don't know how to get the slide and rockfall medals to unlock, but I will do some more rigorous testing when I have the time. Nijsse's input on the sliding medals would be nice.

Also, teagames.com has a virulent amount of ads, and is kinda glitchy for me.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 05:13:09

At 8/30/11 02:38 AM, Fooliolo wrote: Nijsse's input on the sliding medals would be nice.

Ha, yeah those medals are really weird. If you want to reach 20k+ points you have to spam the slide button, but if want the slide medals, you just start a new game, hold down the slide button until you die (that shouldn't take long). If you're dead, replay the game and hold the slide button again. After like 5 games you should have every slide medal in the game.

The quality control on some of the new medal games is starting to annoy me a little. This is another example of a game that shouldn't have medals in the first place.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 13:51:37

At 8/30/11 02:05 AM, Fooliolo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 7594
Okay wow this guy screwed up. The boneyard area that's supposedly beyond the crystal area CANNOT be accessed in this version. It comes at 22500 points in the teagames.com version. Furthermore, I've reached 31k points in the NG version, and there was no change in sight.

Using Nijisse's information, I now have all but three medals (to the bones, rain of stones, stone storm).

I already had a few of the medals from back when they were just question marks, so I'm thinking I have every possible medal. Did you guys get Rain of Pebbles at some time? Because I did a while back. Not sure if that one is supposed to be broken as well.

q

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 14:10:16

At 8/29/11 12:26 PM, Soapbubble wrote: 0 point medals right here
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 8367

These are now worth points.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 14:19:39

At 8/30/11 07:58 AM, skiller12 wrote:
Also, if somebody has Blobs Adventure medal for tricking traps in stage 13, i would be happy to get some help

It's broken, unfortunately.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-30 15:44:37

Also, does anyone know how to get the squeaky eyeball medal in this game. I clicked the eyeball on the map, and it squeaked, but it didn't work. I tried it about 5 times in three different games now.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-31 07:11:44

Hey, we can look forward to a new medal game. I saw "Turning the tide" medals at
Steve Harris' page.
The game is not on the portal yet, though.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-31 12:44:19

Meet the Mayor.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-08-31 16:13:58

This game has medals worth points:

Buuut the 100pt medal doesn't work at the moment probably because the author misspelled the medal name (ACC4NLOCKED in stead of ACC4UNLOCKED).