00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

knehzoo just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,631,104 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-09 20:34:01

At 6/8/11 06:42 PM, Hacsev wrote: I can't believe I spend almost 3 hours trying to get the last character and didn't received the medal. Not even a pop-up!

I wrote a PM to the author about including a resend medal button. Feel free to shoot him a PM yourself.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-09 20:38:13

At 6/9/11 08:34 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote:
At 6/8/11 06:42 PM, Hacsev wrote: I can't believe I spend almost 3 hours trying to get the last character and didn't received the medal. Not even a pop-up!
I wrote a PM to the author about including a resend medal button. Feel free to shoot him a PM yourself.

I already did the first time I noticed I did not get the medal, but he still hasn't respond. Thanks PM'ing him as well.

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-09 22:05:50

At 6/9/11 11:37 AM, EdyKel wrote: Game has medals now. Yay.

Railgun is giving me a headache. What do?

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-09 22:23:25

At 6/9/11 10:05 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
At 6/9/11 11:37 AM, EdyKel wrote: Game has medals now. Yay.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1496
Railgun is giving me a headache. What do?

Nvm, the Browning works well for this apparently.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-09 22:27:18

At 6/9/11 05:49 PM, DoctorStrongbad wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/57 1844
Can somebody please PM how to unlock secret medal.
I have bought all the upgrades, but have not received it. :(

Same here, would also appreciate a PM.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 09:46:05

The Medal for Rapid in Insectonator: Zombie Mode is pretty hard. You should have around 20 minutes left for the last 30% or else it's gonna be almost impossible. Don't forget to press pause after every level or the timer will just keep running in the menu, even though you think it stopped. I'm sure someone can do it much faster than this (myself included if I give it another try), but I still felt like making a screenshot for the lulz.=)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 10:37:49

Anybody know the best level to beat for the Gone in 30 Seconds challenge in Insectonator? That's the last one I need for the 130% completion medal... after being frustrated to no end with the Assassin challenge (I swear, many of the characters look alike and threw me off).

Also, the damn Armageddon medal didn't unlock for me. Grrrr!!!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 10:41:38

what do you need to do to get achievments on insectonator: zombie mode

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 10:43:39

At 6/10/11 10:37 AM, SFS1313 wrote: Anybody know the best level to beat for the Gone in 30 Seconds challenge in Insectonator?

That's the easiest one actually! Play Selectioner. Throw nuke, shoot nuke, throw nuke, shoot nuke etc.. You should be done after 20 to 30 seconds.

Also, the damn Armageddon medal didn't unlock for me. Grrrr!!!!

Yeah I had the same problem with Bullseye, but it did unlock for me during my 2nd playthrough.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 10:59:26

At 6/10/11 10:43 AM, Nijsse wrote: That's the easiest one actually! Play Selectioner. Throw nuke, shoot nuke, throw nuke, shoot nuke etc.. You should be done after 20 to 30 seconds.

Boy, do I feel stupid now. I was using everything but the nuke! Thanks for the assist, Nijsse.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 11:30:13

in your opinion, what is the best character to play in the game called goin up?

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 11:40:51

At 6/10/11 11:30 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: in your opinion, what is the best character to play in the game called goin up?

Dad, without a doubt. The cheaper characters are useless. The ability to jump on spikes will be necessary at large heights when enemies are few and far between.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 12:32:33

At 6/10/11 11:30 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: in your opinion, what is the best character to play in the game called goin up?

I actually prefer the turtle due to the extra hearts. If you're able to avoid the spikes when you get higher up, that extra life boost comes in handy.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 12:37:21

At 6/10/11 09:46 AM, Nijsse wrote: The Medal for Rapid in Insectonator: Zombie Mode is pretty hard. You should have around 20 minutes left for the last 30% or else it's gonna be almost impossible. Don't forget to press pause after every level or the timer will just keep running in the menu, even though you think it stopped. I'm sure someone can do it much faster than this (myself included if I give it another try), but I still felt like making a screenshot for the lulz.=)

First try: getting acquainted with the game.

Second try: I afk'd at some point in the menu, then completed 100% before 1 hour. Then I realized that didn't count. Fuck. lol

Third try: Victory!

This is the general strategy I used:
--Until you get the achievement, TARGET ALL ZOMBIES IN RED!! They appear frequently early on, but later they'll become a PITA.
--Play 4 Protect the Gems, then 3 Annihilator missions (the first mission you play with the darts is an Annihilator mission). These will be annoying for various reasons, yet fast, so mind as well get them out of the way. The other two modes will function as your sandbox modes.
--Be sure to snag the Hunter achievement when doing an Annihilator mission with 60+ zombies, as that mode only spawns two zombie types.
--Spam weapons for kills, etc. Anything that's not a gun or grenade is a melee weapon.
--Once you get the Browning, you do not have to worry about zombies in red anymore. Spam the everliving shyt out of the Browning, as it counts as a machine gun. Enrage mode also spawns zombie bosses, should you need those for the Toss the Boss achievement. Don't forget to complete at least 4 Selectioner and 4 Killer missions!
--More types of zombies appear after you complete more missions. I don't know how many missions are required to get to see all 16 types, but it would be in your best interest to repeatedly do Selectioner if you're missing any (and if you're missing Bullseye). A couple nukes finishes those missions.
--Do Clint Eastwood (100 hits) and Beach Party together.
--To quickly rack up zombie kills, cycle between the Minigun and Browning (using Z and X) and keep going on a fking rampage. DO NOT RELOAD!
--If you ever need to end a mission prematurely, suicide!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-10 13:05:56

At 6/10/11 11:40 AM, queenofbabes wrote: At 6/10/11 12:32 PM, SFS1313 wrote:

thanks for your suggestions!
in this game were made %u200B%u200Bof the updates so I think the secret medal that worth 100 points now works (perhaps)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-11 06:32:32

I completed the game on 100%, now how do you get 130%?, I did all the goals but it seems that the game does nothing

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-11 13:41:30

At 6/11/11 06:32 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: I completed the game on 100%, now how do you get 130%?, I did all the goals but it seems that the game does nothing

Oh wow haha xD

Seems like you only got one in-game medal. Those things are worth 1% to your completion rating. Apparently you need two medals to continue on, judging on what happened to you.

Unfortunately, you'll need to restart, since the only other medal you didn't get that was available to you is the "get 4 achievements in one level".

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-11 13:53:26

Could someone please send me a PM on how to earn the secret medals in Plimpton's Video Falconry? Also, is it just me or are the "Cultural Literacy" and "Millennium Falconry" medals broken; I've met the requirements for these medals twice, and have seen the pop-up, but have yet to receive them. Thanks.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-11 16:09:05

At 6/11/11 01:53 PM, WonderTheHedgehog wrote: Could someone please send me a PM on how to earn the secret medals in Plimpton's Video Falconry? Also, is it just me or are the "Cultural Literacy" and "Millennium Falconry" medals broken; I've met the requirements for these medals twice, and have seen the pop-up, but have yet to receive them. Thanks.

NG's connectivity issues have been shytty as of lately. It's kinda disgusting.

Also, PM sent.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-11 22:55:04

I suspect I know the answer to this already, but it doesn't hurt to ask. Anyone get the Keeper of Secrets yet?

Meh, I'll drop one last clue: try the yellow/orange background, but at the very least, don't try the floor.

If not a single one of you get it after this, I guess it'll forever be a secret.

Or you could take the easy route, which is common sense, so I'm not saying what it is. This is not a clue.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 01:02:25

This is probably a really stupid question, but how do you view the credits in Domo-Kun's Angry Smashfest? Do you have to beat the game in order to do so?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 06:53:42

At 6/11/11 01:41 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Seems like you only got one in-game medal. Those things are worth 1% to your completion rating. Apparently you need two medals to continue on, judging on what happened to you.

Unfortunately, you'll need to restart...

Fortunately I was able to unlock the game and then reach 130% without having to restart (luckily)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 10:17:33

At 6/12/11 01:02 AM, SFS1313 wrote: This is probably a really stupid question, but how do you view the credits in Domo-Kun's Angry Smashfest? Do you have to beat the game in order to do so?

Haven't played that game in at least a year, but I remember there were medals you could get during the credits by clicking something or hitting something. Almost positive credits are only shown at the end of the game.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 10:48:09

How do you get the secret medal in Goin Up? =O
I've got all the medals except that one and I do want it! XD

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 11:13:20

At 6/10/11 12:37 PM, Fooliolo wrote:
--Play 4 Protect the Gems, then 3 Annihilator missions (the first mission you play with the darts is an Annihilator mission). These will be annoying for various reasons, yet fast, so mind as well get them out of the way. The other two modes will function as your sandbox modes.

I have to disagree. I got the most kills asap in the ''protect gems'' mode. I used this while going for the 10000 kills. Keep the three gems at the same place (Just shoot them to each other with the Browning), and you will easily be able to kill every zombie (Or insect) that tries to reach your gems. I used this for less than 15 minutes, and I got about 5000 kills. In the pic below you''ll see the zombie/insect that succeeded in snatching one of my gems, after about 15 minutes of killing.

--To quickly rack up zombie kills, cycle between the Minigun and Browning (using Z and X) and keep going on a fking rampage. DO NOT RELOAD!

This is very useful. I used this too. 10 seconds browning, 5 seconds minigun

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 12:47:17

I've gotten all of the medals except the secret medal in Goin Up ingame but I didn't receive any popup for any of them. The medals that I'm missing are:

- I LOVE DEM CLOUDS
- KILL EVERY BIG ENEMY
- I CAN'T STOP AT ANY TIME
- KILL EVERY ENEMY

I've played the game yesterday when the author decided to disable the medals for a brief period of time. I didn't even know about this until I refreshed the page and I have already been playing the game for about 3 hours or so.

Is there any way of getting the medals back or does the author have to include in a resend button so I can get my medals?

Also can I get a PM for the secret medals in these games:

Frog Battle (just need the last one)
Goin Up
Plimpton's Video Falconry (both secret medals)

Thanks in advance.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 13:12:12

At 6/12/11 12:47 PM, Tycrane wrote:

I have played in these minutes that game and all the medals they worked perfectly, if you played yesterday the medals were not working so you have to restart the game from the beginning if you want to get those medals, or call the author of the game to tell him to put a button for resending the medals.

also PM send

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 13:36:25

XD You guys seem to be forgetting me! XD
I asked first you know! :P

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 14:37:59

At 6/12/11 01:36 PM, salvie wrote: XD You guys seem to be forgetting me! XD
I asked first you know! :P

you're right, PM sent

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-06-12 15:44:27

At 6/12/11 10:17 AM, waynerz99 wrote: Haven't played that game in at least a year, but I remember there were medals you could get during the credits by clicking something or hitting something. Almost positive credits are only shown at the end of the game.

Thanks, Waynerz. Guess I'll have to try harder to beat the game to get to that (I'm awful at it!), because those medals are the reason I wanted to try.