00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

Kiler91 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,624,511 Views | 29,792 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 14:47:16

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 15:06:52

At 3/15/11 02:47 PM, Fooliolo wrote: Same as this game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 4581

The medal for reaching level 5 seems to be broken. I have it in-game, but it didn't send to NG. Does anyone else have it?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 15:07:02

I don't think the ''clear 5 stages'' or the play ... minutes'' medals work.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 15:09:08

At 3/15/11 03:07 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:

I'm sorry, the ''play 10 minutes'' medal works. But I don't think it's really 10 mintes.

Dimono wrote:
The medal for reaching level 5 seems to be broken. I have it in-game, but it didn't send to NG. Does anyone else have it?

Yup, it's broken.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 15:28:56

At 3/15/11 03:07 PM, Knuckstrike wrote:

All the "play x minutes" medals work. I know because I have them. I'm clever like that.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 16:04:06

You get the medal Job Well Done when you reach level 20. You don'tneed to finish it.
I finished the game with 201 attempts, of which the most were probably gotten on level 18. Not Bad didn't send for me as well. Apart from that one I still need I'm a Kaboomer, which I am waiting for atm.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 16:44:33

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 16:55:56

At 3/15/11 04:44 PM, EdyKel wrote: New game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 4863

Anyone have any ideas for the secret medal?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 17:08:24

At 3/15/11 04:55 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 3/15/11 04:44 PM, EdyKel wrote: New game.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 4863
Anyone have any ideas for the secret medal?

yes.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 18:07:34

And this. New game btw.

As for TW Purple, did anyone else find level 13 to be the hardest?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-15 18:09:34

Whoops, I really ought to check for new pages as well as new posts >.<

Anyways, the level 5 medal for Boombot is broken, I'm confirming it as well.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 02:33:09

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 04:46:43

At 3/16/11 02:33 AM, EdyKel wrote: Fortunacus added medals to his newest game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 4159

The later levels of that game are fucking ridiculous. From full shields and full health I got 1-shot killed at level 70-something on wave 49. I almost think the winning strategy past wave 40 is to just go with nothing but overpowered mines and let them come at you. Anyone got a high-level walkthrough? Because I'm not spending another 3 hours on this game unless I have a strategy I know will work.

Incidentally, it looks like you should rush the laser as your primary weapon and never look back, because it's freaking insane. Also I found a glitch: the damage boosters once placed on the field read as the same level as your healing units.

FWIW I got to level 70 by having shields in front, then healers, then lasers, then damage boosters, then lasers again. When those guys who just swoop in and appear for the first time in the middle of my implements of destruction showed up, I would remove all the lasers from the middle column and replace them with mines, replacing the fallen mines as soon as they're used. Make sure your mines are higher than level 10 though, because at level 10 with a level 8 damage boost they were no longer one-shotting things on wave 49.

On the bright side, 315 more points, which pushes me over 87k medal points. Now if only I'd been smart enough to go to sleep instead and play the game after waking up... welcome to another night with less than 5 hours of sleep, DiMono.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 07:57:06

At 3/16/11 04:46 AM, DiMono wrote: The later levels of that game are fucking ridiculous. From full shields and full health I got 1-shot killed at level 70-something on wave 49. I almost think the winning strategy past wave 40 is to just go with nothing but overpowered mines and let them come at you. Anyone got a high-level walkthrough? Because I'm not spending another 3 hours on this game unless I have a strategy I know will work.

Weird, I didn't think the game was hard at all, got all the medals in ~1.5 hours. I basically had a set-up like yours, the laser is by far the best weapon. On my first row I had shields, on the second I had lasers, then 2 rows of mines (because that's the place where some enemies pop-up in later levels), and on the last row I had lasers again for the fun of it. For the Best Seller medal you have to upgrade the Seller gadget to the max, so you can sell stuff for the same price you bought it for. This way you can just replace stuff that's almost broken. Obviously you have to keep upgrading your hp/regen/shields every once in a while. It all worked like a charm until I got bored around lvl 77. You get the score medals after you die, so that's why I got the 600k medal before the 200k one.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 08:04:20

By lvl 77 I obviously meant wave 77. I think I was around lvl 105 at that time.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 10:33:14

At 3/16/11 07:57 AM, Nijsse wrote:
At 3/16/11 04:46 AM, DiMono wrote: The later levels of that game are fucking ridiculous. From full shields and full health I got 1-shot killed at level 70-something on wave 49. I almost think the winning strategy past wave 40 is to just go with nothing but overpowered mines and let them come at you. Anyone got a high-level walkthrough? Because I'm not spending another 3 hours on this game unless I have a strategy I know will work.
Weird, I didn't think the game was hard at all, got all the medals in ~1.5 hours.

It's not particularly hard, but it's really, really tedious, and I was committed to keeping my health and damage boosters working. On my next playthrough I'm going to pretend I actually know what I'm doing and not waste money in places where I don't need to (i.e. there's really no need to buy every gun unless you're going for that medal, the laser is clearly the best one).

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 13:13:23

At 3/16/11 07:57 AM, Nijsse wrote:
Weird, I didn't think the game was hard at all, got all the medals in ~1.5 hours.

I don't know what your experience was, but those levels where [i]ALMOST[/i] EVERYTHING does nothing but charge are fucking hard. Right now I'm at wave 60 and my guy is at level 80, with 200 hit points and 35 shield points and a regen rate of 0.033, and I'm not allowed to upgrade anything any more because I never know when the next "just fucking wreck everything" wave is going to come.

Also, I've adjusted my gadget layout to be similar to yours, but not quite: I have shields in front followed by lasers, but I've found that the guys who pop in in the middle of your gadgets only ever arrive in the middle three rows, so I have the top and bottom rows with cannons and back column with cannons, so that anything that lands in the mines and survives is in an instant kill zone.

I think my strategy for those charge waves has to be to scrub my normal defenses and replace the first two columns with nothing but mines. I'm going to save up all my cash and try that the next time I recognize one of those levels. FWIW currently my deleter, mines, shields and lasers are level 12 and my cannons are level 13, and my personal laser is level 10. Next level for my personal laser costs 14k points; I don't think I'll ever be seeing that many again. I also don't think I should have upgraded it past level 8.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 13:31:32

At 3/16/11 01:13 PM, DiMono wrote: I think my strategy for those charge waves has to be to scrub my normal defenses and replace the first two columns with nothing but mines. I'm going to save up all my cash and try that the next time I recognize one of those levels. FWIW currently my deleter, mines, shields and lasers are level 12 and my cannons are level 13, and my personal laser is level 10. Next level for my personal laser costs 14k points; I don't think I'll ever be seeing that many again. I also don't think I should have upgraded it past level 8.

...wow. Okay, so after wave 55 or so you should remove everything from the gadgetfield and put a line of lasers in the back, behind 4 lines of nothing but solid mines. Holy crap is this ever effective. All I really have to watch for now are those guys who go straight back however far you are and then turn towards you and move vertically, to make sure I'm in front of my lasers when they do their thing. I'm already 20k points in the black after switching to this. I wonder how far I can take it...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 14:10:52

At 3/16/11 01:31 PM, DiMono wrote: I wonder how far I can take it...

After finishing round 80 it's become clear to me that this strategy will allow me to continue pretty much indefinitely. So I decided to park myself in the middle of my minefield and just stop playing after finishing that level, and see how long it would take to die without maintaining my setup. It took until I got to the period after the first sentence. So it's a high maintenance setup, but it absolutely positively works.

FWIW my score before bonuses was 1,248,310, and my score afterwards was 1,554,310. It's a shame that you get as many bonus points for upgrading from level 17 to 18 in turret as you do from level 1 to 2 in vulcan cannon, but c'est la vie. I might have continued and seen what happens at wave 100, but I have shit to do.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 14:59:54

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 15:18:08

According to the author comments:

To beat the game, you mash the appropriate buttons on each level. Here are the buttons you have to mash:

stage 1: spacebar
stage 2: left and right arrows
stage 3: qwe
stage 4: afhl
stage 5: qpzn
stage 6: qz

Author comments say there's a medal for beating each difficulty level, but (in-game, at least) there's also one for winning with a score below 500 and for clicking any donate button.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 15:51:21

At 3/16/11 03:18 PM, DiMono wrote: According to the author comments:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 4946

the medals are visible!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 16:11:47

Heh, if it wasn't for the fact that the game is supposed to promote charity, it would probably be in the Bastards collection already. :P

Anyways, it looks pretty fun; I'll try it out when I get home from work. :D

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 16:19:10

At 3/16/11 02:59 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: new game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/56 4907

Extra mode is really hard. It doesn't help any that it starts lagging out in the final minute. Anyone got the password that unlocks the final two modes?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 16:23:16

level 10 on tentacle wars it too hard!! i tried looking at the walkthrough but it didn't help..if anyone has any tips they can give me it'll be appreciated.
i didnt know you had to record the pass for that spaceland adventure game so i lost it and i cant progress on in the game. can someone pm me the pass to get through the easy mode or just post it here itll be a great help!!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 16:28:52

At 3/16/11 04:23 PM, MOID wrote: level 10 on tentacle wars it too hard!! i tried looking at the walkthrough but it didn't help..if anyone has any tips they can give me it'll be appreciated.
i didnt know you had to record the pass for that spaceland adventure game so i lost it and i cant progress on in the game. can someone pm me the pass to get through the easy mode or just post it here itll be a great help!!

Not for nothing, but why not just replay easy mode? I'm sure it'll take less time than one of us caring enough to send you the password.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 16:46:44

At 3/16/11 04:19 PM, DiMono wrote:
Extra mode is really hard. It doesn't help any that it starts lagging out in the final minute. Anyone got the password that unlocks the final two modes?

Yeah I got it, but I don't know if it's appropriate to just post it in this thread...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 16:50:58

At 3/16/11 04:46 PM, Nijsse wrote:
Yeah I got it, but I don't know if it's appropriate to just post it in this thread...

Maybe not. Here's a question though: I got the medal for beating McGillicutty. Apparently that's harder than the normal finish to hard mode. How do I get the 10 point medal for beating hard mode?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 17:04:19

At 3/16/11 04:50 PM, DiMono wrote: Maybe not. Here's a question though: I got the medal for beating McGillicutty. Apparently that's harder than the normal finish to hard mode. How do I get the 10 point medal for beating hard mode?

You have to destroy that thing in the middle. First hit the blocks surrounding him until you can hit it, and then just keep shooting at it. When it has 4 flames you're almost done. Beating McGillicutty seems to be harder, I figured that was the other boss.

Also, if you pause the Lunatic mode, the timer keeps running. It doesn't seem to give you the medals that way though. =)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2011-03-16 17:14:18

At 3/16/11 04:46 PM, Nijsse wrote:

I don't see why not. If you want all the medals you have to beat all the modes in some form or the other. The first two passwords are:

Yes
Medinorm

And those wondering how to beat the 2nd boss, you have to collect those glowing orbs that come out of destroyed meteors and then hit "F" to switch to mine/bombs to attack the boss. Nothing else works.