00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

mariobros22 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,634,624 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 11:55:42

At 12/30/10 02:56 AM, EdyKel wrote: Easy points in domination mode for "Squadron Auriga". All you need to do is build up some of your base defense turrets and then wait a few hours as they rack up points for you. Odd thing is is when I leave the pause/option menu during the game the medals pop up - after I get the required point amount, that is.

Heh, is that ever true. I've had it running for a couple hours now while I did some cleaning and reorganizing, and I haven't even lost a pixel of base health. On the assumption that the energy you leave a fight with persists to the next turn, I'm going to let it go for a few more hours and carry a huge advantage into the next fights. Should be fun.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 13:45:16

At 12/30/10 11:55 AM, DiMono wrote:
At 12/30/10 02:56 AM, EdyKel wrote: Easy points in domination mode for "Squadron Auriga". All you need to do is build up some of your base defense turrets and then wait a few hours as they rack up points for you. Odd thing is is when I leave the pause/option menu during the game the medals pop up - after I get the required point amount, that is.
Heh, is that ever true. I've had it running for a couple hours now while I did some cleaning and reorganizing, and I haven't even lost a pixel of base health. On the assumption that the energy you leave a fight with persists to the next turn, I'm going to let it go for a few more hours and carry a huge advantage into the next fights. Should be fun.

Left it on all last night. Made over 250,000. It took about 150,000 of that to buy all the upgrades. And there's really no point, other than for curiosity sake, to do that. None of the alien bases are that strong, and you only need to take over 3 of them to get the last medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 14:23:48

At 12/30/10 01:45 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Left it on all last night. Made over 250,000. It took about 150,000 of that to buy all the upgrades. And there's really no point, other than for curiosity sake, to do that. None of the alien bases are that strong, and you only need to take over 3 of them to get the last medal.

Yep. I stopped it at 100,000 or so after my meeting was over, and just walked all over everyone. On Turn 1. I never needed more than 16 people, and I never built anything more powerful than a bazooka soldier, because I just didn't need it. I suppose it may be harder if you let the enemy actually do stuff, like end your turn and let them attack, but I just didn't see the point.

So now all I need to do is finish up levels 6 and up in the campaign mode and I'll be done. That can wait for another time though, because I don't really feel like arguing with the sniper right now. How close do I need to be to my target to take the sniper shot?

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 15:03:19

$$$ | Strawberry Dodge | Abusive Reviews! | Sig by TheDingo

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 15:05:17

At 12/30/10 03:03 PM, Hacsev wrote: 0 Point Medals:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7871

Double post, sorry. The medals don't seem to send to your profile.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 15:12:23

At 12/30/10 03:03 PM, Hacsev wrote: 0 Point Medals:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7871

I wonder if that kid's ever going to figure out his medals aren't being approved. I'll bet he adds them just to increase the odds of his games passing judgment.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 15:22:26

At 12/30/10 02:23 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 12/30/10 01:45 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Yep. I stopped it at 100,000 or so after my meeting was over, and just walked all over everyone. On Turn 1. I never needed more than 16 people, and I never built anything more powerful than a bazooka soldier, because I just didn't need it. I suppose it may be harder if you let the enemy actually do stuff, like end your turn and let them attack, but I just didn't see the point.

So now all I need to do is finish up levels 6 and up in the campaign mode and I'll be done. That can wait for another time though, because I don't really feel like arguing with the sniper right now. How close do I need to be to my target to take the sniper shot?

Yeah, except for a few of the campaign missions, the game is not very hard. It would have been harder if the alien bases' had turret base defenses, but they don't.

I've killed the alien commander as far as the bottom of the slope. And on my second kill, it took me only a minute after it showed up to put it down. I just used the sniper strike to kill a large enemy unit, then locked onto the target with the sniper, and while he was moving I layed down down a suppressing fire with the machine gun - which has a farther reach when not controlled by the computer. It also helped that the main concentration of enemy forces were on the far side of the screen when I sent the sniper out. And don't worry about getting hit by a few enemies, the sniper is tough enough to withstand a few big hits.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 16:56:39

Where are the second to last last two armor and head gear pieces in Madness Retaliation?
I know the last ones are in a locker in the tower, but I can't find the second to last ones.
Are they in the tower as well?
This is my current map, am I missing any sectors?

Insert useless information.

BBS Signature

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 17:09:49

At 12/27/10 12:57 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 12/26/10 10:41 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: Could someone explain me how to pass the sixth level in Squadron Auriga? Thanks.
Basically, you need to get the sniper close enough to hit the alien commander. One shot is all it takes.

I'm clearly doing something wrong here. I've gotten up to the alien commander, activated the sniper strike on him, and then had absolutely nothing happen before losing the mission. I've done this at least 10 times now. So, if you don't mind, could you tell me step by step what to do after deciding to make my final approach on the alien? When to click where, etc? Because this is getting seriously frustrating.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 17:12:04

At 12/30/10 04:56 PM, Vandal2 wrote: Where are the second to last last two armor and head gear pieces in Madness Retaliation?
I know the last ones are in a locker in the tower, but I can't find the second to last ones.

you just have to get to Auditors Sector.

Once you finish the game you will get the medals

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 17:14:26

At 12/30/10 05:09 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 12/27/10 12:57 AM, EdyKel wrote:
At 12/26/10 10:41 PM, vlandeismilsoum2 wrote: Could someone explain me how to pass the sixth level in Squadron Auriga? Thanks.
Basically, you need to get the sniper close enough to hit the alien commander. One shot is all it takes.
I'm clearly doing something wrong here. I've gotten up to the alien commander, activated the sniper strike on him, and then had absolutely nothing happen before losing the mission. I've done this at least 10 times now. So, if you don't mind, could you tell me step by step what to do after deciding to make my final approach on the alien? When to click where, etc? Because this is getting seriously frustrating.

Never mind, I figured it out: the naming conventions they've decided to use are very misleading. You're not supposed to use the sniper ability on the alien commander, you're just supposed to shoot him like normal with your sniper unit. I really wish that was made clear somewhere.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 17:21:29

At 12/30/10 05:19 PM, 1337Ratez2k9 wrote: New game!
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7884

Oops, didn't see that it was already posted.

Sorry.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 18:38:42

At 12/30/10 04:56 PM, Vandal2 wrote: This is my current map, am I missing any sectors?

Yes, you are missing a sector futher of the sector in space (see the picture below). If you press Tab in the game, you will find two hidden buttons in the background, instead of one (down and up), then click the button above to enter in this sector.

You will observe in detail the superman flying and you'll see that he pass behind a black rectangle. There is the last locker that you are missing.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 18:39:31

At 12/30/10 05:14 PM, DiMono wrote: Never mind, I figured it out: the naming conventions they've decided to use are very misleading. You're not supposed to use the sniper ability on the alien commander, you're just supposed to shoot him like normal with your sniper unit. I really wish that was made clear somewhere.

Don't feel to bad. I did the same thing several times before I began thinking how it would have made that level way too easy if that was all I had to do. :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 20:11:33

At 12/30/10 05:12 PM, High-Dark wrote:
At 12/30/10 04:56 PM, Vandal2 wrote: Where are the second to last last two armor and head gear pieces in Madness Retaliation?
you just have to get to Auditors Sector.

Once you finish the game you will get the medals

His map is in fact missing a couple rooms. I posted my complete map somewhere back in this thread, but basically you need to investigate the back walls of the rooms in the bottom left corner, and you'll be able to break through one of them.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 20:57:23

At 12/30/10 03:47 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: The trick here is to right-click and keep spamming 'forward' and 'back'. For some reason this will make the time go faster.

Primary medals have been broken for a VERY long time. Don't strain yourself to get those medals, as you won't get them anyways and the author is too lazy to change a thing.

My guide could help you with that.

The last method you mentioned is the one that should be working. I have no idea why it wouldn't work.

Thanks for the help! =) I can see now that the time mechanism functions similarly to Why This?. In that game, I made it go haywire by beating the game repeatedly (8 times in fact, for you-know-what).

Also, I can't believe the Pinball medal requires you to not steer for it to work -_-; Your solution worked like a charm.

Gonna work on the DJManiax songs now. Was so close to getting 100% on one of the songs while cruising my way through hard mode >.< *swears off the top of his head for getting all fantastics except for 1 perfect*

Medal Games in a Nutshell: a general overview of how to earn NG medals!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 21:17:19

Squadron Auriga level 11, the mercenary level, is kicking my ass. Every time I think I may have the upper hand, something happens that kills all my guys at once, and I'm stuck back at the start only with no money. And those fast fuckers always run away, and that faster than the tesla coil can fire, so I can't kill them. Any tips for this level?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 21:21:14

At 12/30/10 09:17 PM, DiMono wrote: Squadron Auriga level 11, the mercenary level, is kicking my ass. Every time I think I may have the upper hand, something happens that kills all my guys at once, and I'm stuck back at the start only with no money. And those fast fuckers always run away, and that faster than the tesla coil can fire, so I can't kill them. Any tips for this level?

I think I must have gotten a lucky roll after posting this, because I got it on my very next play. I basically bumrushed the enemy base as soon as I had my 10 mercenaries, using the tesla coil at great range to kill flying dudes and fast dudes, eventually just skipping past enemies that hit single targets in favour of killing the base. Finished in 1:09 with 21 kills and 2 allied deaths. Now just the last level and then I can put this game away forever.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 22:06:05

Hey, did a game get its medals removed? I had 74,010 medal points after finishing that 2D adventure game with the four endings, and now after I just got 490 points in Squadron Auriga I should have 74,500, but instead I have 74,450. Anyone privy to what's going on?

Incidentally, Squadron Auriga can go rot in the dustbin now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 22:35:41

At 12/30/10 10:06 PM, DiMono wrote: Hey, did a game get its medals removed? I had 74,010 medal points after finishing that 2D adventure game with the four endings, and now after I just got 490 points in Squadron Auriga I should have 74,500, but instead I have 74,450. Anyone privy to what's going on?

Incidentally, Squadron Auriga can go rot in the dustbin now.

It's probably the medal glitch that makes a medal's value not count towards your total number of points until you get another medal. Try getting another medal (worth points) and see if your total goes up to what it should be.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 22:39:52

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 23:35:23

At 12/30/10 10:39 PM, DiMono wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7910

That was simple.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-30 23:54:17

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-31 00:10:51

Anyone know how many levels there are in that ice cave game? I can only confirm 13 (missed it by that much), though I'm going to guess it's about 20.

Also, that 120 points I have was 10 headshots through 12 levels. I've made it to 13 twice, but it seems to be my unlucky level.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-31 00:15:32

At 12/31/10 12:10 AM, DiMono wrote: Anyone know how many levels there are in that ice cave game? I can only confirm 13 (missed it by that much), though I'm going to guess it's about 20.

Also, that 120 points I have was 10 headshots through 12 levels. I've made it to 13 twice, but it seems to be my unlucky level.

My highest level was 14 with 105 points. I keep on failing level 12 whenever I get to it now, but I imagine I'll be able to beat it soon.. and that score of yours :P. I'm gonna guess 20 levels as well, but that might just be the basic levels, as there is one medal for beating the basic levels and one for beating the game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-31 00:20:06

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-31 00:27:06

4urentertainment has a zero-point medal for a game called IceJam. It's most likely this one.

Find me on Facebook!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-31 00:35:29

At 12/31/10 12:20 AM, DiMono wrote: In other news:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 7922

Speaking of which... any ideas?