00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

NisoXD just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,321 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 03:57:37

At 12/15/10 05:00 PM, 1337Ratez2k9 wrote: Is the 'Maxed Squad' medal broken in 'Gravitee Wars'? I've bought all the units available (6) and upgraded all of their health and accuracy. I've even got the awards for getting my team max health & accuracy but still no medal.

If anyone can help me that would be greatly appreciated. :D

No. It works fine. You just have to upgrade all the weapons also to get it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 04:02:11

Santa is a cunt to beat.

[I've been wandering round but I still come back to you]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 05:19:36

At 12/15/10 11:22 PM, Vandal2 wrote: Go into author

Where? Terrible game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 05:39:47

At 12/16/10 05:19 AM, Phenom9 wrote:
At 12/15/10 11:22 PM, Vandal2 wrote: Go into author
Where? Terrible game.

In the main menu click the chalkboard, or whatever says "gallery". It should be easy to find from there. Also, put my name in if you want a couple easy medals (30 mines and food).

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 10:54:50

Anyone defeated F-700 yet? It's the only boss I never won... Those bombs are a pain in the ass

Also...I defeated the Dark Runner faster than Psycho Santa.... =P

Some hints about the secret medals would be great too :3

Don't you DARE click my sig....

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 11:02:32

At 12/16/10 03:57 AM, EdyKel wrote: No. It works fine. You just have to upgrade all the weapons also to get it.

How do you upgrade the weapons?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 11:48:18

At 12/16/10 11:02 AM, 1337Ratez2k9 wrote:
At 12/16/10 03:57 AM, EdyKel wrote: No. It works fine. You just have to upgrade all the weapons also to get it.
How do you upgrade the weapons?

Like team upgrade, you click on the "+" on the right of the weapon in weapon upgrade. You can upgrade each weapon 5 times.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 11:55:26

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 12:29:18

At 12/16/10 11:48 AM, EdyKel wrote: Like team upgrade, you click on the "+" on the right of the weapon in weapon upgrade. You can upgrade each weapon 5 times.

Thank you very much! Got all of the medals now. :D

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 12:58:07

I'm back. Anyone that can advise me an extremely difficult medal game or games that I haven't achieved the medals for? Would be nice because the easy games are actually just starting to become tedious and boring. I need more of a challenge.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 13:51:21

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 13:52:35

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 16:01:41

This game doesn't have medals, but it totally deserves them:

I wonder if BubbleBox will ever allow NG medal API implementation...

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 17:26:50

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 17:35:11

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 18:44:11

At 12/16/10 05:35 PM, 1337Ratez2k9 wrote: 0 point medals.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 6474

Got a pretty good score on this game. Also the secret medal (as stated) is just playing for a while. You don't actually have to continue racing. Just play it once, click high scores when finished, wait 10 mins, all medals.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-16 21:59:12

At 12/16/10 05:26 PM, EdyKel wrote: Wow. People are getting slow around here...

New medal game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 6433

I'm almost done, except I missed the cash in one game medal by $330. That kind of stung.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 00:15:12

At 12/16/10 09:59 PM, DiMono wrote:
At 12/16/10 05:26 PM, EdyKel wrote: Wow. People are getting slow around here...

New medal game:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/55 6433
I'm almost done, except I missed the cash in one game medal by $330. That kind of stung.

That's sucks. So close, yet so far.

Shouldn't be to tough to get it on your next play-through. It's a lot easier now that he added 5 more bunnies in the game, and got rid of that Mochie gold points shit.

A few tips for those who are interested:

Getting as high as you can early on is not as important as collecting money and extra bunnies. You can worry about that when you buy most of the upgrades.

Early in the game, concentrate on buying size upgrades and carrot amount upgrade. These make it easier to collect items.

Super bunnies can get you most of the medals in the game, but I find it's better to use them to collect as much money and extra bunnies as you can.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 00:41:11

Is anybody going someplace with no internet access for the holidays? Would be nice if all the medlal chasers had some time off.

I have a PhD in Troll Physics

Top Medal points user list. I am number 12

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 05:49:42

At 12/17/10 12:15 AM, EdyKel wrote: Shouldn't be to tough to get it on your next play-through. It's a lot easier now that he added 5 more bunnies in the game, and got rid of that Mochie gold points shit.

Wow, and it wasn't even hard without the 5 extra bunnies. I'm really happy he got rid of the Mochie bs though, stuff like doesn't belong on this site.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 08:00:56

At 12/17/10 05:49 AM, Nijsse wrote:
Wow, and it wasn't even hard without the 5 extra bunnies. I'm really happy he got rid of the Mochie bs though, stuff like doesn't belong on this site.

I always thought it was dumb when people got upset about the mochicoin stuff. Not once do any of these games make you buy any of the stuff and believe it or not, a lot of members of mochi have a lot of coins laying around to use.

You don't want to buy anything then ignore it and if you do then do it. They aren't making you. I really can't stand when people give low reviews because there's an option to buy something in the game and you don't have to do it at all to enjoy the game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 08:24:28

You have some good points there, and personally I would never give a game a lower score / review because there is an option to buy stuff. I just got really fired up when I played Feed the King, a game that has a few medals that are pretty close to impossible to get if you don't buy their upgrades. Sure we don't have to chase all the medals, but making those in-game upgrades almost necessary is just something I'd rather not see on a site like Newgrounds.

That said, my comment was somewhat out of line, Blastoff Bunnies is a fun game (Mochi games in general are), and calling it bs wasn't very clever.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 08:35:57

At 12/17/10 08:24 AM, Nijsse wrote:
I just got really fired up when I played Feed the King, a game that has a few medals that are pretty close to impossible to get if you don't buy their upgrades.

This on the other hand I agree with. If a game is doing it in a way to force people to pay to beat the game or to get medals like on newgrounds then it's not appropriate at all. I'm actually pretty sure it's against mochi's policy to set up a game where it's impossible or extremely hard to win without the paid for upgrades.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 09:01:16

Are the medals for Visible III broken or what? I got several achievements yesterday, only to find out that the medals didn't send.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 09:22:02

I have reason to believe the connection methods for that game are a little off.

I played it 4 times in one day, a few hours apart from each other, and only got medals on ONE of the attempts. First one, I got 6 or so medals, didn't save. Second time, just tried making/playing a level, didn't save. Third time, I got one to send, so i played the main levels and got a few more. Fourth time, nothing would send. So I don't know.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 09:37:02

All the medals worked fine for me yesterday.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 10:39:02

At 12/17/10 09:22 AM, waynerz99 wrote: I have reason to believe the connection methods for that game are a little off.

I played it 4 times in one day, a few hours apart from each other, and only got medals on ONE of the attempts. First one, I got 6 or so medals, didn't save. Second time, just tried making/playing a level, didn't save. Third time, I got one to send, so i played the main levels and got a few more. Fourth time, nothing would send. So I don't know.

I've been playing it for the last 20 minutes or so and it worked just fine, so perhaps whatever the problem was has now been fixed?

On an unrelated point, does anyone else suffer from lag issues and keys getting stuck? Almost every medal game that I have played I have suffered from this, with numerous unnecessary deaths caused by my character careering uncontrollably off in one direction. As a result there are a huge number of the more difficult medals that are simply impossible for me to get, leaving me to clean up the low point medals and missing out on the 50 and 100 pointers.

Sig by lebastic

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 12:36:17

Game: Orchestrated Death II. Can anyone tell me what medal is this? I saw that the author doesn't have it and I didn't know that I didn't have one of them, just went in the game by mistake.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 12:55:56

At 12/17/10 12:36 PM, Zoljix wrote: Game: Orchestrated Death II. Can anyone tell me what medal is this? I saw that the author doesn't have it and I didn't know that I didn't have one of them, just went in the game by mistake.

He said in the author's comments that it was supposed to come out in update 2.0. So we'll just have to wait till' he updates it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-12-17 15:24:36

At 12/17/10 10:39 AM, Sentio wrote:
On an unrelated point, does anyone else suffer from lag issues and keys getting stuck? Almost every medal game that I have played I have suffered from this, with numerous unnecessary deaths caused by my character careering uncontrollably off in one direction. As a result there are a huge number of the more difficult medals that are simply impossible for me to get, leaving me to clean up the low point medals and missing out on the 50 and 100 pointers.

Sometimes, but not enough to prevent me from getting most of the medals so far. Try setting the quality to low if you haven't done so. That might help. If that doesn't do anything then I'm not sure what the problem is. I noticed on another computer I use occasionally that that type of thing happens all the time on it for Flash games. Not sure why. It's a fast computer.