greeneggs4spam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 21st, 2010 @ 12:35 PM Reply

At 5/21/10 12:18 PM, chris-marks wrote:
At 5/21/10 11:43 AM, greeneggs4spam wrote:
yeah, I have no idea what to do either. I run past all the exploding barrels, I get into the room with the acid pond or whatever in the middle; and that's it. A little wall comes down like maybe the boss should be coming out of there, but nothing does. I've tried shooting and pressing r on everything in the room multiple times. I'm very confused.
Have you tried xyzzy yet? That sometimes helps.

Also, still not playing until the game shows up on the official list. And probably not until June, to be honest.

I figured it out. The game is broken on the easiest difficulty. I replayed it on the default difficulty and the boss shows up as he should. Unfortunately I forgot to look at my points before, so I don't know if it actually gives points as it's supposed to.

Where is the secret level? I beat all the levels with 100% secrets and no secret level to be found. Does anybody know where the gold key is for the 4th level? You don't need to open that door to beat the level and you can get 100% secrets without opening it, but I wonder if it's important.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 21st, 2010 @ 02:36 PM Reply

At 5/21/10 12:35 PM, greeneggs4spam wrote: I figured it out. The game is broken on the easiest difficulty. I replayed it on the default difficulty and the boss shows up as he should. Unfortunately I forgot to look at my points before, so I don't know if it actually gives points as it's supposed to.

Yeah, I found that out to. It's also broken for the 2nd difficulty mode from the top to.

Where is the secret level? I beat all the levels with 100% secrets and no secret level to be found. Does anybody know where the gold key is for the 4th level? You don't need to open that door to beat the level and you can get 100% secrets without opening it, but I wonder if it's important.

It was one of the first things I found. It's at the end of level 3. In fact, you have to open up the entrance to level 4 to open up the cove it's in in the long dark hallway - the coves that release the pigs into the dark hallway. It's in the last one before the room with the exit to level 4. Just enter it and press R to open up a secret door to reveal the hidden exit switch.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 21st, 2010 @ 02:41 PM Reply

Oh, and to get the obtainsaw medal, type IDCHOPPERS during the game.

greeneggs4spam
greeneggs4spam
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 21
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 21st, 2010 @ 03:00 PM Reply

At 5/21/10 02:36 PM, EdyKel wrote:
It was one of the first things I found. It's at the end of level 3. In fact, you have to open up the entrance to level 4 to open up the cove it's in in the long dark hallway - the coves that release the pigs into the dark hallway. It's in the last one before the room with the exit to level 4. Just enter it and press R to open up a secret door to reveal the hidden exit switch.

Awesome, Thanks!

Also I checked and it adds the points to your total correctly, so I don't see nay harm in playing this now. I probably would play it now instead of later incase the medals break or something.

NikLink
NikLink
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 09
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 21st, 2010 @ 03:32 PM Reply

At 5/19/10 08:39 PM, NikLink wrote: So, is the BOOM! medal from zOMGies fixed, or is it still 10 zombies killed with one barrel for the medal? If so, any advice I could use to get it?

So has anyone got an answer?

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 21st, 2010 @ 05:03 PM Reply

At 5/21/10 03:32 PM, NikLink wrote:
At 5/19/10 08:39 PM, NikLink wrote: So, is the BOOM! medal from zOMGies fixed, or is it still 10 zombies killed with one barrel for the medal? If so, any advice I could use to get it?
So has anyone got an answer?

On the game's page comment section some people are saying it still doesn't work.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 21st, 2010 @ 05:52 PM Reply

At 5/21/10 09:29 AM, chris-marks wrote::

Here's everything you need to scan, in the order in which they appear in your in-game bestiary (the list in the walkthrough is incomplete):

What tha...

Kitten
Kitten Kart
Red Bee
Spikey Moth
Guardian
Guardian's Sword
Guardian's Shield
Red Jelly
Blue Jelly
Glacier Eater
Rock Eater
Giga Golem (Ice)
Giga Golem (Fire)
Golem's Balls (Fire)
Golem's Balls (Ice)
Sandworm's Tail
Sandworm
Spirit
Zombie Hydra
Flybot
Tank Top
Valkyrie
Lance
Cooler
Satelite (sic) Dish
Omega Lazor
Nuke

I don't see anything missing apart from the "golem's balls (fire)"..if I remember correctly, the fire golem's ability was to create an explosion...

Also, guess what!Pyroscape 2 points don't add up to my total points!
WHOO!If I keep this up, my medal score will be doubled when they give me my points :P

DiMono
DiMono
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 21st, 2010 @ 06:01 PM Reply

At 5/21/10 05:52 PM, HeavyTank wrote: At 5/21/10 09:29 AM, chris-marks wrote::
Here's everything you need to scan, in the order in which they appear in your in-game bestiary (the list in the walkthrough is incomplete):
I don't see anything missing apart from the "golem's balls (fire)"..if I remember correctly, the fire golem's ability was to create an explosion...

Yep and yep. As I recall you weren't sure if you needed both of each golem part at the time. Also your list is out of order, which is less important than the one thing not being there but was a little confusing to me when I was trying to track down the thing I was missing from it.

Wow, this post really sounds like a bitch marathon, doesn't it.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 21st, 2010 @ 06:11 PM Reply

At 5/21/10 09:18 AM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I also can't get the mini game medals. I have tried them 20 times and am always around 1k points away. I have read the guides.

Try lowering the quality. It always seem to help me when I do that.

Sizzlebuzz
Sizzlebuzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 22nd, 2010 @ 03:25 AM Reply

Finally got them.

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:38 AM Reply

At 5/21/10 06:01 PM, chris-marks wrote: Yep and yep. As I recall you weren't sure if you needed both of each golem part at the time. Also your list is out of order, which is less important than the one thing not being there but was a little confusing to me when I was trying to track down the thing I was missing from it.

Wow, this post really sounds like a bitch marathon, doesn't it.

Well, no, technically you're right...can I copy paste your list and put it in my guide?

EventHorizon
EventHorizon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:17 AM Reply

After another week I got the last medal!!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]
[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature
DiMono
DiMono
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 22nd, 2010 @ 09:25 AM Reply

At 5/22/10 06:38 AM, HeavyTank wrote: Well, no, technically you're right...can I copy paste your list and put it in my guide?

Go ahead. But that's your birthday present now.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 22nd, 2010 @ 01:20 PM Reply

At 5/22/10 09:17 AM, ugolegend94 wrote: After another week I got the last medal!!

Still trying to get that one. don't know why, but I always have a hard time with Darnel's minigame in it.

Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:15 PM Reply

apparently this game has medals

They aren't 0 point medals and i found out about it from greeneggs4spam.Why is that

BBS Signature
Domo
Domo
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 22
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:17 PM Reply

At 5/22/10 06:15 PM, domo48 wrote: apparently this game has medals
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 5880
They aren't 0 point medals and i found out about it from greeneggs4spam.Why is that

ohh they haven't been aproved yet

BBS Signature
EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 22nd, 2010 @ 06:24 PM Reply

At 5/22/10 06:17 PM, domo48 wrote:
At 5/22/10 06:15 PM, domo48 wrote: apparently this game has medals
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 5880
ohh they haven't been aproved yet

I guess it's not common knowledge yet... While they don't show up on the game's page, you can earn them, and they are worth points that do add to your total.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 12:22 AM Reply

@#$@$#@#$@#$@$%#^#%#%@#$#@$@#$@#@$#!$#@^
#$%@#$#$@@$#@#^$%%@%@#@#$!@!@#$@#$@#@#$!
@#!!@$#@!#!#@!@!!@#$$!#!@$#$#@#$!@$@#@#$
!#@!@!#

4 minutes. That's what I got on When Pigs Fly; and that's not good enough. It has to be under 4 minutes to earn you that medal. #@$$@#@$##%@!

On the plus side, I did get the halfway home medal....

Sizzlebuzz
Sizzlebuzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 03:53 AM Reply

At 5/23/10 12:22 AM, EdyKel wrote: @#$@$#@#$@#$@$%#^#%#%@#$#@$@#$@#@$#!$#@^
!#@!@!#

4 minutes. That's what I got on When Pigs Fly; and that's not good enough. It has to be under 4 minutes to earn you that medal. #@$$@#@$##%@!

Ouch. That really sucks. The best I have ever been able to get in that game is like 8 minutes.

nosesocks
nosesocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 08:22 AM Reply

At 5/23/10 12:22 AM, EdyKel wrote: @#$@$#@#$@#$@$%#^#%#%@#$#@$@#$@#@$#!$#@^
!#@!@!#

So, something that many people found out the hard way is that the "hours" are not counted for your time, so if you beat the game in 1 hour and 3 minutes, you get the "under 4 minutes" medal.
It's up to you on how you want to get the medal. Good luck!

Sizzlebuzz
Sizzlebuzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 01:35 PM Reply

I can't figure out how to get to the exit on stage two on the 3d pig game. There seems to be a gap and no jump button I can find.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 02:24 PM Reply

At 5/23/10 08:22 AM, nosesocks wrote: So, something that many people found out the hard way is that the "hours" are not counted for your time, so if you beat the game in 1 hour and 3 minutes, you get the "under 4 minutes" medal.

Thanks. I finally did get it, though, but I wished I knew that trick on one of my close tries. It would have saved some some time and aggravation.

At 5/23/10 01:35 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I can't figure out how to get to the exit on stage two on the 3d pig game. There seems to be a gap and no jump button I can find.

You have to use the shift key to run really fast over that gap.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 07:08 PM Reply

At 5/23/10 02:24 PM, EdyKel wrote:
At 5/23/10 08:22 AM, nosesocks wrote: So, something that many people found out the hard way is that the "hours" are not counted for your time, so if you beat the game in 1 hour and 3 minutes, you get the "under 4 minutes" medal.
Thanks. I finally did get it, though, but I wished I knew that trick on one of my close tries. It would have saved some some time and aggravation.

Yeah, I got really lucky because I managed to find it out WHILE I was playing, so I could simply wait and get the medal the lazy man's way :P

nosesocks
nosesocks
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:06 PM Reply

At 5/23/10 01:35 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: I can't figure out how to get to the exit on stage two on the 3d pig game. There seems to be a gap and no jump button I can find.

What? We have to explain this trick? It was a major part of the original Doom Series. Did you never play Doom? Sizzlebuzz, please turn in your Gamer's badge immediately.

Sizzlebuzz
Sizzlebuzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:18 PM Reply

At 5/23/10 09:06 PM, nosesocks wrote:
What? We have to explain this trick? It was a major part of the original Doom Series. Did you never play Doom? Sizzlebuzz, please turn in your Gamer's badge immediately.

I played Doom for SNES, but I looked at the controls in this and couldn't find the run. And if I remember, I did try holding shift but didn't notice it going any faster. But I'll go do it now. I figured there was a run or a jump (like in DN or something =/), but I couldn't find it.

Sizzlebuzz
Sizzlebuzz
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 28
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 09:35 PM Reply

Now I'm stuck on the part with the falling pillars and the red key in the middle. I really suck at these games sometimes.

EdyKel
EdyKel
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 25
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 23rd, 2010 @ 10:06 PM Reply

At 5/23/10 09:35 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Now I'm stuck on the part with the falling pillars and the red key in the middle. I really suck at these games sometimes.

That part was annoying, but not that hard. Just wait till one of the pillar falls, then go against it, and run as soon as it allows you to. To bring down the central pillar holding the key, just look for the cross on the floor, and run straight over it to the yellow door.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 24th, 2010 @ 01:42 PM Reply

This game has medals, although they don't show up on the game's page...btw, you get points for them on your profile.

EventHorizon
EventHorizon
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 39
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 24th, 2010 @ 01:51 PM Reply

At 5/24/10 01:42 PM, HeavyTank wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 7029
This game has medals, although they don't show up on the game's page...btw, you get points for them on your profile.

finally a new game with medals that work immediately!

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]
[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips May. 24th, 2010 @ 01:59 PM Reply

At 5/24/10 01:51 PM, ugolegend94 wrote: finally a new game with medals that work immediately!

Yeah, I think this is the first post-"0 point medal" game to have working medals immediately after it was submitted..