00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

TheADHX just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,548 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 08:54:27

At 7/5/10 06:27 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: Also, I'm still waiting for medals on these:
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 0955
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 9621
The Gun Game 2 has been 5'ed enough to get medals, I think. And why wouldn't Lightbot 2 have medals if the first one does?

Because the author didn't feel like adding them? Games don't get medals because they're popular, they get medals because the author decides to add them. You know that.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 10:06:28

In Epos I already beat admiral horn but to get challenge mode do I also have to beat Vira Cocha.Cause he is a pain

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 10:35:53

At 7/5/10 10:06 AM, domo48 wrote: In Epos I already beat admiral horn but to get challenge mode do I also have to beat Vira Cocha.Cause he is a pain

I dunno. I can't beat him on challenging mode because of his insane 1-hit KO attack. He used it twice in a row on two of my characters, the only ones who could revive another. >:(

Other thing about Epos: is it possible to keep playing after beating Horn? Cuz I don't think I'll have all the signets before I beat him, so I'd like to do that afterwards, if possible.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

SoundCloud || YouTube || Facebook

PM me for constructive reviews, collaborations or commissions!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 11:04:44

At 7/5/10 10:35 AM, LiquidOoze wrote: I dunno. I can't beat him on challenging mode because of his insane 1-hit KO attack. He used it twice in a row on two of my characters, the only ones who could revive another. >:(

Other thing about Epos: is it possible to keep playing after beating Horn? Cuz I don't think I'll have all the signets before I beat him, so I'd like to do that afterwards, if possible.

Yeah it is I need one more signet and of course it is from the one person I can't beat.

This is an old medal game and probably know one knows the answer but Revert to growth mocks me cause I do not have all the medals in it.Does anyone know how to get the green gamer medal?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 12:04:39

At 7/5/10 11:04 AM, domo48 wrote: This is an old medal game and probably know one knows the answer but Revert to growth mocks me cause I do not have all the medals in it.Does anyone know how to get the green gamer medal?

I thought you either needed to create a custom level or you need to grow a total of 300 plants.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 12:06:34

Sorry for double posting, but I'm pretty sure it was the grow a total of 300 plants one.

The Review Request club, the Blammers List (update every 15th), and the Protectors List (Update every 1st). My sig has it all.

Sig by Emperor-Bubba

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 12:11:56

At 7/5/10 12:06 PM, Knuckstrike wrote: Sorry for double posting, but I'm pretty sure it was the grow a total of 300 plants one.

Too bad the medals are broken.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 14:07:34

At 7/5/10 12:11 PM, LiquidOoze wrote: Too bad the medals are broken.

They aren't broken, that edit is old. I thought that they were broken too.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 14:29:34

At 7/5/10 02:07 PM, CTM222 wrote: They aren't broken, that edit is old. I thought that they were broken too.

But I'm pretty sure I've grown 300 plants and I don't have the medal.

Also, I finally got Mage Master on Epos. But I still can't beat Tip Top. :(

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 14:32:29

At 7/5/10 10:06 AM, domo48 wrote: In Epos I already beat admiral horn but to get challenge mode do I also have to beat Vira Cocha.Cause he is a pain

No, he can be beat in normal I believe.

I had my characters at level 35, 34, and 33 I believe. On character was a mage/melee hybrid with all of the basic magic spells, including heal. I had a character that only used mage, no attack whatsoever was spent on him. He had all the basic magic, heal, and rejuvenate. The third was a melee only character with very high attack that had meditate.

I used water with the mages (and when he got drenched, I used bolt). I had my melee character attack and use meditate when his HP got low. I had my healers heal when needed, but my main mage usually kept everyone up in HP with rejuvenate. Make sure your HP is always above 70%. Buy lots of divine seeds just in case.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 15:28:09

If he's frozen by a water spell, then bolt will do double damage on him - can be used on any enemy, actually.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 15:41:52

At 7/5/10 03:28 PM, EdyKel wrote: If he's frozen by a water spell, then bolt will do double damage on him - can be used on any enemy, actually.

He's not frozen, he's soaked. Since he can still attack.

[Hidden Audio Gems]

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 17:33:12

At 7/5/10 03:41 PM, LiquidOoze wrote:
At 7/5/10 03:28 PM, EdyKel wrote: If he's frozen by a water spell, then bolt will do double damage on him - can be used on any enemy, actually.
He's not frozen, he's soaked. Since he can still attack.

Soaked/frozen, he's a better lightning rod then.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 17:43:24

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 18:24:58

any one got a tip on how to beat darnell recount and the last part of cave of wonders

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 18:25:44

At 7/5/10 05:43 PM, EdyKel wrote: Game with medals. They work, but don't show on the game's page yet.
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/54 1333

Most of the medals seem to be for finding sets of certain artifacts to open portals with.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 18:29:08

At 7/5/10 05:43 PM, EdyKel wrote: Game with medals. They work, but don't show on the game's page yet.

Thanks man, I grabbed one medal from it.

Do you know how to get the others?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 18:54:42

At 7/5/10 06:29 PM, mothballs wrote:
Thanks man, I grabbed one medal from it.

Do you know how to get the others?

Just explore the area and look for little dots that stand out by shining- those are artifacts you have to collect..

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 19:38:47

Really good game, I enjoy not having a clue what the game is about or where it's going.

Anyways, as stated above, most of the medals are just for collecting the sets of artifacts and then going into the gates that open up from collecting each set.

Also, from going to each corner of the map, you get the way the lights should shine. You can find the 4 light pillars somewhere north west of where you start :

Southwest pillar shines East
Northwest pillar shines West
Northeast pillar shines South
Southeast pillar shines North

You get a medal for going into the portal right where you start and I think one near the top right. Also for following the random cans they tell you where to go. And one for starting the game 10 times. I'm still missing 2 endings, not sure where they are.

Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 20:11:40

Medals show up now.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 20:17:50

Dammit! I need 3 more artifacts in Loomings. If only I could see the entire map at once.

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 20:18:34

At 7/5/10 07:38 PM, waynerz99 wrote: Really good game, I enjoy not having a clue what the game is about or where it's going.

Anyways, as stated above, most of the medals are just for collecting the sets of artifacts and then going into the gates that open up from collecting each set.

Also, from going to each corner of the map, you get the way the lights should shine. You can find the 4 light pillars somewhere north west of where you start :

You get a medal for going into the portal right where you start and I think one near the top right. Also for following the random cans they tell you where to go. And one for starting the game 10 times. I'm still missing 2 endings, not sure where they are.

Try uncovering all 4 pillars that are on the corners of the map and then using the portal at the start of the game. It seemed to uncover another ending when I did that. Now, I'm just down to needing one more ending to complete the game.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 20:27:35

Anyone know how to get the first and seventh ending for Looming?

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 20:32:59

At 7/5/10 08:27 PM, Henoth wrote: Anyone know how to get the first and seventh ending for Looming?

Isn't the first just exiting through the portal you see at the beginning?

Also, I need endings 5 - 9 and just 1 last diagram piece (the 2nd one). Any help on those?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 20:34:16

At 7/5/10 08:32 PM, Makeshift wrote:
At 7/5/10 08:27 PM, Henoth wrote: Anyone know how to get the first and seventh ending for Looming?

Also, I need endings 5 - 9 and just 1 last diagram piece (the 2nd one). Any help on those?

Huh... What do you know. I got it as a second ending at first because I walked around a bit. Thanks.

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 20:42:08

Ah yes, a lucky me finds the last artifact and awaits an explanation to endings 7, 8, and 9.

Anyone know them?

// LETTERBOXD //

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 20:42:37

At 7/5/10 08:32 PM, Makeshift wrote:

Oh and to help you with the endings, for 3 of them you need to collect all the bones, beads, and rings. Also for another one, Make the lights somewhere in the eastern/northern part of the map, face according to this, Northeast to the south, Northwest to the west, Southwest to the east, Southeast to the north.

/b/

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 21:19:20

At 7/5/10 08:18 PM, EdyKel wrote:
Try uncovering all 4 pillars that are on the corners of the map and then using the portal at the start of the game. It seemed to uncover another ending when I did that. Now, I'm just down to needing one more ending to complete the game.

Never mind the above. There are two portals you can open using those 4 light pillars. One is by putting the lights in this order:

And the 2nd is to follow the inscription from the complete shattered diagram and put the lights in this order:

Southwest pillar shine Southeast
Northwest pillar shine North
Northeast pillar shine South
Southeast pillar shine Northwest

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 21:23:15

What is the 9th ending for Looming?

'He who makes a beast of himself gets rid of the pain of being a man.' - Samuel Johnson

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-07-05 21:23:58

So I've got all the portals open and done with. How do I get the final secret medal?

/b/

BBS Signature