Be a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

  • 1,488,846 Views
  • 30,390 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic
HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 02:39:09 Reply

At 3/10/10 10:57 PM, Sizzlebuzz wrote: Some people are going to be hating you for posting those. Although, I thank you :).

I don't see why we should hate him for helping out.
You gotta understand that anything that isn't clearly a secret medal (i.e. its description is vague or none at all) should be posted here.
This thread is about medal help, not riddles and vague answers :(

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 11:58:27 Reply

Claims it will have medals soon.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Godliest
Godliest
  • Member since: Mar. 21, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 34
Programmer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 13:00:52 Reply

At 3/10/10 09:46 PM, nosesocks wrote: Secret on Left - Highlighted Box (good luck figuring this one out - it took me some time):

The fake wall is actually one box beneath that. Loved the game. The intro and the look of the game just looked so inspired by Metroid and the slow exploration, difficult puzzles and perfect level design just made the game one of my all time favorites. Sad that they should ruin the game once you got more gems, felt rather pointless too me when the game looked and sounded so beautiful


I tried really hard to come up with something funny. I failed.

EventHorizon
EventHorizon
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 13:06:30 Reply

At 3/11/10 11:58 AM, chris-marks wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 0066
Claims it will have medals soon.

hey chris, the game madness Exploration will have no medals is just a flash that has created one of my friends to have fun and do something, you have to excuse him pancakesbat!.


[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]
[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature
ProjektCOG
ProjektCOG
  • Member since: Jan. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 31
Writer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 13:11:47 Reply

  • Hippolyta
    Hippolyta by Evil-Dog

    Click to view.

    Type
    Game
    Rated
    Ages 13+

Another new medals game?!


BBS Signature
DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 13:12:24 Reply

At 3/11/10 01:06 PM, ugolegend94 wrote:
At 3/11/10 11:58 AM, chris-marks wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 0066
Claims it will have medals soon.
hey chris, the game madness Exploration will have no medals is just a flash that has created one of my friends to have fun and do something, you have to excuse him pancakesbat!.

I know, and it's one of the most genius things ever. But I wanted to see how long it took for people in here to go "wait a minute, wasn't that supposed to get medals?"


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

EventHorizon
EventHorizon
  • Member since: Nov. 26, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 39
Game Developer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 13:20:11 Reply

hahaha I love these jokes! and fortunately a new real game with medals!


[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]
[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature
DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 14:04:20 Reply

At 3/11/10 01:11 PM, ProjektCOG wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 0069
Another new medals game?!

This game is hard. Not just because it tests your reflexes, but because you need to remember what to do in each case, and at the beginning you actually need to figure it out. With the default controls, A to block arrows and duelists, S to duck arrows from behind, jump over hoplites with W, and SPACE to throw a spear into a farmer. And that's as far as I am so far.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 14:52:17 Reply

Has anyone figured out what you're supposed to do with the riders in Hippolyta? Outrunning them is no good because you lose speed evading other obstacles, and hanging back to dodge is no good because the other attacks and obstacles that come at you will kill you.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

nosesocks
nosesocks
  • Member since: Aug. 17, 2009
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 17
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 14:56:20 Reply

I haven't figured out the riders yet. I will let you know if/when I do. I bought all the armor and did not get the "unlock all armor" medal. Anyone have a similar issue?

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 15:06:53 Reply

At 3/11/10 02:56 PM, nosesocks wrote: I haven't figured out the riders yet. I will let you know if/when I do. I bought all the armor and did not get the "unlock all armor" medal. Anyone have a similar issue?

Is Story Mode progress saved? I'm afraid to go back to the menu because I don't want to have to play the first 4 levels again.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 15:44:35 Reply

At 3/11/10 02:04 PM, chris-marks wrote: This game is hard. Not just because it tests your reflexes, but because you need to remember what to do in each case, and at the beginning you actually need to figure it out. With the default controls, A to block arrows and duelists, S to duck arrows from behind, jump over hoplites with W, and SPACE to throw a spear into a farmer. And that's as far as I am so far.

Hardcore mode should be "fun".
There should be a button prompt every time or something...at least they are pretty intuitive ('up; to jump, 'left' to block etc.)
Will try it out..I probably won't like it, but at least you get 1 AP every time you die...

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 16:21:28 Reply

Alright, so here's some news:

It doesn't preserve your progress through Story mode if you return to the main menu; you need to replay from level 1. Also it looks like Survival mode is level 4 on and on, and it looks like Pursuit mode is level 5 on and on.

Also, how do you purchase armor?


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 16:23:24 Reply

At 3/11/10 04:21 PM, chris-marks wrote: Alright, so here's some news:

It doesn't preserve your progress through Story mode if you return to the main menu; you need to replay from level 1. Also it looks like Survival mode is level 4 on and on, and it looks like Pursuit mode is level 5 on and on.

Also, how do you purchase armor?

Sadly, from the main menu.I wanted to say that the controls are fine, but there should be more than one check point in every level.
Btw, what does the armor do?I mean, all encounters are win-or-die, how could armor help you?
Ah, and you have to block cavalry with your shield.

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 16:30:20 Reply

At 3/11/10 02:56 PM, nosesocks wrote: I haven't figured out the riders yet. I will let you know if/when I do. I bought all the armor and did not get the "unlock all armor" medal. Anyone have a similar issue?

I unlocked all the game modes and didn't get the "Unlock All Game Modes" medal.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 16:40:14 Reply

At 3/11/10 04:23 PM, HeavyTank wrote:
At 3/11/10 04:21 PM, chris-marks wrote: Alright, so here's some news:

It doesn't preserve your progress through Story mode if you return to the main menu; you need to replay from level 1. Also it looks like Survival mode is level 4 on and on, and it looks like Pursuit mode is level 5 on and on.

Also, how do you purchase armor?
Sadly, from the main menu.

I didn't even notice the Armory tab on the left until you said that. I've contacted the game author to let him know that the two "unlock all" medals are broken, and I asked him for some clarification on just what exactly you're supposed to do with the riders since trying to outrun them doesn't get you anything, and letting them catch you and then pressing D to dodge doesn't get you anything.


Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

Bobogoobo
Bobogoobo
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 16:44:09 Reply

At 3/11/10 02:52 PM, chris-marks wrote: Has anyone figured out what you're supposed to do with the riders in Hippolyta? Outrunning them is no good because you lose speed evading other obstacles, and hanging back to dodge is no good because the other attacks and obstacles that come at you will kill you.

You do have to outrun them. Keep the sprint button pressed, it takes a really long time to outrun them. And it's hard because sometimes you get multiple cues at once and have to react more quickly.

Really annoying that story mode progress isn't saved, I want to take a break and play another mode because it took me a lot of tries to finish level 4, it's really long. Working on level 5 now.


See this news post for information on a program that does all kinds of neat things with medal statistics.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 16:45:15 Reply

At 3/11/10 04:40 PM, chris-marks wrote:
I didn't even notice the Armory tab on the left until you said that. I've contacted the game author to let him know that the two "unlock all" medals are broken, and I asked him for some clarification on just what exactly you're supposed to do with the riders since trying to outrun them doesn't get you anything, and letting them catch you and then pressing D to dodge doesn't get you anything.

Ah, yes, I'm there now.
I tried beating the whole level while running, but it's too fucking hard.
The sad thing is that even if the author fixes those issues it I will lose all of my progress >:

DiMono
DiMono
  • Member since: Sep. 8, 2004
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Moderator
Level 32
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 16:46:37 Reply

Message from the author:

I'm fixing the 2 medals right now, the rider can be outran, maybe I'll make him outrunable more easily :) I'll check about the dodging not registering

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Please help fund my horror novel. I'll love you forever.

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 16:48:32 Reply

At 3/11/10 04:46 PM, chris-marks wrote: Message from the author:

I'm fixing the 2 medals right now, the rider can be outran, maybe I'll make him outrunable more easily :) I'll check about the dodging not registering

good...also, if you're lucky, the rider might hit a tent and die :D
now, can please someone explain to me what does the armor do?

Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 17:06:41 Reply

Yeah... I have all the gems in REDDER, now how do I beat the game?


The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!

Powdinet
Powdinet
  • Member since: May. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 17:08:18 Reply

I only need one more gem in Redder but I have no idea how to get to it...

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 17:08:27 Reply

Never mind guys, I'm mentally retarded.


The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!

HeavyTank
HeavyTank
  • Member since: Mar. 30, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 44
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 17:12:58 Reply

Meh, since beating level 5 right now is impossible because of the sheer amount of stuff happening at the same time WHILE YOU RUN (jump jump duck duck block jump over hoplite throw spear OH SHIT HE'S BEHIND ME duck duck run block SHIT I RAN INTO A FARMER) I just got back to menu...to find out that the armor doesn't do anything.FFFFF
I unlocked everything except one piece so that I get the medal when it's fixed.
Also, "Mano-a-mano" (block 20 cavarly) doesn't work for me..I blocked at least 50 but when I checked my stats none of them was counted.Wtf.

Powdinet
Powdinet
  • Member since: May. 15, 2006
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 15
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 17:28:50 Reply

At 3/11/10 05:08 PM, Powdinet wrote: I only need one more gem in Redder but I have no idea how to get to it...

Nvm, just completed the game. Only the secret area on the left left... I wonder how to get to it.

Bobogoobo
Bobogoobo
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 17:32:14 Reply

At 3/11/10 05:12 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Meh, since beating level 5 right now is impossible because of the sheer amount of stuff happening at the same time WHILE YOU RUN (jump jump duck duck block jump over hoplite throw spear OH SHIT HE'S BEHIND ME duck duck run block SHIT I RAN INTO A FARMER) I just got back to menu...to find out that the armor doesn't do anything.FFFFF
I unlocked everything except one piece so that I get the medal when it's fixed.
Also, "Mano-a-mano" (block 20 cavarly) doesn't work for me..I blocked at least 50 but when I checked my stats none of them was counted.Wtf.

Yeah, I give up, 50 medal points is definitely not worth this. Pursuit is better, it's level 1 but with a rider chasing you the whole time. I might try that for a while. And I did level 1 running the whole way to get the time achievements, it was relaxing :P


See this news post for information on a program that does all kinds of neat things with medal statistics.

Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 18:00:25 Reply

Hippolyta is fun as hell and it's nice to look at (if you know what I mean).


The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!

Bobogoobo
Bobogoobo
  • Member since: Jun. 14, 2007
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 46
Gamer
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 18:16:47 Reply

At 3/11/10 06:00 PM, Alex12345269 wrote: Hippolyta is fun as hell and it's nice to look at (if you know what I mean).

Yeah, it's fun for the first few levels, but then it gets frustrating. It is nice to look at but it's distracting, I died a few times because I wasn't looking where I was going :P


See this news post for information on a program that does all kinds of neat things with medal statistics.

Boxxy
Boxxy
  • Member since: May. 18, 2008
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 14
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 18:27:40 Reply

At 3/11/10 04:48 PM, HeavyTank wrote: good...also, if you're lucky, the rider might hit a tent and die :D
now, can please someone explain to me what does the armor do?

Pretty sure it's just for show.


The Saiyans are a true ham and cheese sandwich, DON'T UNDERESTOMATO!

waynerz99
waynerz99
  • Member since: Oct. 26, 2002
  • Offline.
Forum Stats
Member
Level 05
Blank Slate
Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-11 19:43:28 Reply

Got to level 4 without using sound, although my computer runs it kinda slow on lowest, so it wasn't much of a feat. Didn't realize it helps that much. Also I feel like I played level 4 for like 3 minutes and still didn't get out..

Does speeding up make the level end faster?


Do not view my page, you will not be able to handle my avatar.