00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

ozziel94 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,635,063 Views | 29,794 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-16 21:55:16

At 3/16/10 06:53 PM, Sonik-Team wrote: I've completed the main game and the boss run in Mechanical Commando 2 and received the in-game medals, but no NG medals. I thought it would re-send them whenever I went back to the level select screen according to the fix description, but no luck. Any ideas?

I'll tell you one idea. Abandon all hope. The medal system is broke. It sucks balls because nobody fixes it or cares to fix it. It sucks the life out of you. Literally.

So do like me, and just play the games that are fun, for the hell of it. I don't care about broken medals anymore, because I don't care if I get the medals or not, I care only if I have fun playing the games.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 00:55:14

At 3/17/10 12:04 AM, Wylo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 0578

this game is hard

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 01:18:51

At 3/17/10 12:55 AM, cohenramin wrote:
At 3/17/10 12:04 AM, Wylo wrote: http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 0578
this game is hard

It really is. I figured the Good Shepherd medal would be for not hitting any sheep in the bonus round, but all I got was laughed at.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Back my puzzle/adventure story mashup

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 01:27:47

A shamrock!??!? Why am I not a shilelagh???

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 07:02:24

I hope I'ma a sex toy or sumthin.

Glamorous.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 11:26:35

St. Pattack is pretty straightforward. You just need to use the platforms to force the ranged enemies to jump up to you, that way you can easily get a decent juggle on them without them even having a chance to hit you. Died on the last boss when playing Hard because I kept getting dropped straight onto him. Will give it a chance later. I'm also guessing Good Shepherd is along the lines of the medal for Castle Crashers medal to not hit any gravestones, i.e. don't hit any sheep at all during the game. Juggling is for getting a good juggle combo, I got it when juggling two guys at once. The other medals are pretty self-explanatory.

I tried really hard to come up with something funny. I failed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 13:36:47

At 3/17/10 11:26 AM, Godliest wrote: St. Pattack is pretty straightforward. You just need to use the platforms to force the ranged enemies to jump up to you, that way you can easily get a decent juggle on them without them even having a chance to hit you. Died on the last boss when playing Hard because I kept getting dropped straight onto him. Will give it a chance later. I'm also guessing Good Shepherd is along the lines of the medal for Castle Crashers medal to not hit any gravestones, i.e. don't hit any sheep at all during the game. Juggling is for getting a good juggle combo, I got it when juggling two guys at once. The other medals are pretty self-explanatory.

Well, I got to the boss without losing a life, but then he kicked my ass really bad...I couldn't hit him at all (unless I used my special attack)..I also got the "good shepherd" medal at the start of the game for some reason..
And I'm guessing that the last medal requires you to beat the game on Hard mode..meh.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 14:31:36

At 3/17/10 01:36 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Well, I got to the boss without losing a life, but then he kicked my ass really bad...I couldn't hit him at all (unless I used my special attack)..I also got the "good shepherd" medal at the start of the game for some reason..
And I'm guessing that the last medal requires you to beat the game on Hard mode..meh.

First boss is fairly easy: run back to the left of the bridge then let him shoot up some water and charge to the middle of the bridge. Then just start attacking to hit the stones back to him. After you've hit the two stones back to him. Then run up and jump over him to dodge his charge. He will then shoot water and charge to the middle of the bridge again, hit the stones back. Run and jump over him. Repeat.

Second boss is a bit harder: when he transforms run to the castle(?) to the far right of the map. Then jump away from him on the higher platforms. Don't get too close or he'll grab you and do damage to you. When he knocks back bricks go below the platforms, dodge the bricks and run up and hit and quickly run away. Repeat.

I tried really hard to come up with something funny. I failed.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 14:38:22

For the "Master" medal beat the hard mode, also the "full life" medal unlock in hard mode I suppose (I finished the game with full life in easy and I got nothing....)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 15:19:29

to get the life saver medal... just complete and complete the druid bit... with full health and cloves... in hard... i got to the end boss with full health and cloves but there was a script error and it just went crazy... basicly everything just played an animation over and over again... :(

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 19:11:34

i believe that the "Special Day" medal has something to do with the beers....but i could be wrong.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 19:36:59

At 3/17/10 07:30 PM, Alex12345269 wrote:
At 3/17/10 07:11 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i believe that the "Special Day" medal has something to do with the beers....but i could be wrong.
It unlocked for me as soon as I started up the game so I doubt it.

Same here.
Also, why the hell do you have to play Hard mode to get the life saver medal?
And what do you mean by "just complete and complete the druid bit"?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 20:03:01

In unrelated news, Walkthrough for LARRY: Doug-Out is up.

Kill me.

Deploy the... it's a yellow button... it's usually flashing... it makes the engines go... whoosh!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 20:21:00

At 3/17/10 08:03 PM, chris-marks wrote: In unrelated news, Walkthrough for LARRY: Doug-Out is up.

Kill me.

The guide is pretty good actually....

Don't you DARE click my sig....

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 20:36:36

At 3/17/10 07:11 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote: i believe that the "Special Day" medal has something to do with the beers....but i could be wrong.

that explains why there was an "untitled" medal when i opened the game.
on another note: what new games (besides Hippolyta and Larry: Doug-Out) have come this last two weeks? haven't been around lately. are they hard, or a breeze?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-17 20:50:04

At 3/17/10 08:36 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
that explains why there was an "untitled" medal when i opened the game.
on another note: what new games (besides Hippolyta and Larry: Doug-Out) have come this last two weeks? haven't been around lately. are they hard, or a breeze?

Don't know how long you're talking about, so I'll just say check the list and test out any you don't recognize. Walkthroughs are plentiful.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 04:45:47

At 3/17/10 07:36 PM, HeavyTank wrote: Also, why the hell do you have to play Hard mode to get the life saver medal?
And what do you mean by "just complete and complete the druid bit"?

i played easy mode and got no medals... so i played in hard mode... and when i killed the druid guy... i got the life saver medal... hopefully i have written it more clearer this time... sleep is a good thing :D

also, with the sheep thing... can it be done in either easy or hard mode?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 04:51:17

At 3/18/10 04:45 AM, LegolaSS wrote: i played easy mode and got no medals... so i played in hard mode... and when i killed the druid guy... i got the life saver medal... hopefully i have written it more clearer this time... sleep is a good thing :D

Well, that's a very good thing, at least they don't want me to beat both bosses without losing a life...gonna give it a shot today.

also, with the sheep thing... can it be done in either easy or hard mode?

Dunno, I suppose it can...as I said, I got it as soon as the game started, so I can't tell you for sure.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 11:18:31

You can get the sheep medal in easy.

In other news, I was playing Medieval Rampage 2 again for fun, and the final medal....actually worked.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 12:13:02

Hey everyone, really important news!

I just added a video to my Tax Time walkthrough. You're all saved!

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 14:47:54

New "game"

One secret medal worth 5, and it's probably for seeing all the pictures.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 14:59:31

At 3/18/10 02:47 PM, chris-marks wrote: New "game"
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/53 0734
One secret medal worth 5, and it's probably for seeing all the pictures.

Not....quite.....

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 15:00:24

Yep, I just got the medal. It's secret though, so all I'll say is it has nothing to do with the deer. Nothing at all.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 15:21:31

Got the medal, although I didn't get wtf was going on (probably because my sound is turned off)..aaanyway, browsing all the pics WILL get you the medal, but that's not what you gotta do to get it.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 15:41:46

i didnt "get" the medal idea either... and i had sound... it was rather strange... anway... theres some great artists work in there... so make sure you view the rest of them before you close it down with your 5 point medal... tussh

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 17:15:21

At 3/18/10 03:41 PM, LegolaSS wrote: i didnt "get" the medal idea either... and i had sound... it was rather strange... anway... theres some great artists work in there... so make sure you view the rest of them before you close it down with your 5 point medal... tussh

If that's what you want to hear, your piece of art was good.
Happy now?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 17:52:05

Who is NathanielMilburn?

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-18 20:39:01

At 3/18/10 06:06 PM, Sonik-Team wrote:
At 3/18/10 05:52 PM, ThePathFinder wrote: Who is Nathaniel Milburn?
The guy who did that drawing. Not sure what the relevance of what happens though~

Yeah, I was thinking Nathaniel was a celebrity or an actor...

sigless...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2010-03-19 08:08:54

in the game "St. Pattack" as you get this medal? I can not understand! :(

[PLAY "MOON" A SPACE HORROR GAME][FOLLOW ME][MY GAMES][MY ART]

[I'm flying into space...][Sig by triplenoob]

BBS Signature