00:00
00:00
Newgrounds Background Image Theme

CdmollerV1 just joined the crew!

We need you on the team, too.

Support Newgrounds and get tons of perks for just $2.99!

Create a Free Account and then..

Become a Supporter!

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

2,624,550 Views | 29,792 Replies
New Topic Respond to this Topic

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 14:13:59

God getting 127 deaths on Lastman is so annoying with the stupid adverts showing up every few deaths -.-

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 14:16:42

At 8/23/09 02:13 PM, Powdinet wrote: God getting 127 deaths on Lastman is so annoying with the stupid adverts showing up every few deaths -.-

And the game just crashed. Why does this game even have medals...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 14:36:40

At 8/23/09 02:04 PM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 8/23/09 01:56 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: More importantly why isn't this last bunch of games on the Front Page yet?
im sorry to say... but who ever uploads the front page didnt think your game was worth the spot... *or the effort to change it so soon*... im sure battle cat is making his way over to the ng HQ right now to gett some serious points in the "mini-game"... >:(

Well I emailed Tom not to Front Page it until the medals were fixed but that was a while ago now.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 14:37:01

At 8/23/09 01:38 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Random noobs won't stop PMing me about why their medals don't register, or why I have so many medals.

Sigh..

Tell them to PM HalcyonicFalconX. I bet she'll like that. :)

More importantly why isn't this last bunch of games on the Front Page yet?

I don't think Tom updates the frontpage on the weekends. Maybe tomorrow he'll put it up. He has to get away from NG sometime.

At 8/23/09 02:16 PM, Powdinet wrote: And the game just crashed. Why does this game even have medals...

Ask yourself, "Is this game really worth your time for a handful of medals?'

Rev 22:20 || Wi/Ht? # 46 || Why was my review deleted? || Without her, we are lifeless satellites drifting.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 17:28:28

At 8/23/09 01:17 PM, IngeniousCheese wrote: Yes Knightfall is very boring when you play it more than an hour. I didn´t buy anything and didn´t get the medal.

Has anyone gotten the medal for beating the game without buying anything? I didn't spend any gold during my entire game and didn't get the medal. I think it's bugged.

At 8/23/09 02:36 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Well I emailed Tom not to Front Page it until the medals were fixed but that was a while ago now.

No offense, but isn't it a little presumptuous to assume that your game should be front-paged? It's really not your decision.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 17:39:02

At 8/23/09 02:36 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Well I emailed Tom not to Front Page it until the medals were fixed but that was a while ago now.
No offense, but isn't it a little presumptuous to assume that your game should be front-paged? It's really not your decision.

I told him NOT to because the medals were broken.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 18:26:53

At 8/23/09 11:55 AM, Duffle wrote: I take it you're not writing a guide for this one? The only hard ones are beating the game with less than 500 moves and beating it by only clearing groups of three or greater. Once I get those, I might write a walkthrough for it.

I could make a tip guide but not a step-by-step walkthrough since I believe the levels are randomly generated with certain variables increased to increase difficulty as you progress. But the tips would be very general indeed since it is a random puzzle game afterall. I could write tips on how to defeat each enemy and how to max your score. I don't know. The game got me depressed. I'll see how I feel in a day or two.

At 8/23/09 01:38 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: Random noobs won't stop PMing me about why their medals don't register, or why I have so many medals.

Sigh..

Lucky me. I don't get any PMs at all.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 18:34:29

Some help on the The Order of Thrift, when I played the game the first time it took me 6 hours because everytime I turn off my computer all the progress on Internet games delate. Didn´t get the medal the first time so I tried again this time to don´t even enter to the shop and nothing.
I feel bad because I spend a lot of time. I´m a idiot.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 18:37:39

At 8/23/09 06:26 PM, Wylo wrote: I could make a tip guide but not a step-by-step walkthrough since I believe the levels are randomly generated with certain variables increased to increase difficulty as you progress. But the tips would be very general indeed since it is a random puzzle game afterall. I could write tips on how to defeat each enemy and how to max your score. I don't know. The game got me depressed. I'll see how I feel in a day or two.

Yeah. I imagined a "walkthrough" for this as a set of achievement-specific tips. It would just be things for making each one easier, like telling the player what to buy from the shop to beat the game without dying.

I'm pretty sure the Order of Thrift medal isn't working, though. I'm not sure about the other two; I'd hate to beat the game in less than 500 moves and not get the medal.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 18:42:24

May be and without offending the author is because the creator don´t believe someone can get them. Normally when you don´t get a medal at least it appears on the screen and don´t save. This ones don´t appear.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 20:02:00

I as well didnt get order of the thrift and I have never had a medal registry problem, not to mention the in game achievements dont show it either. It mad me even more angry than it should have because i didn't die until the second to last castle, and i would have beaten the entire game with out quiting or dying had i had some store supplies.

FML Sideways

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 20:20:39

Me too. I could buy many elixirs with 10000 gold and not die.
Someone know if Madness Regent 2 will have medals?

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 20:25:27

At 8/23/09 08:20 PM, IngeniousCheese wrote: Me too. I could buy many elixirs with 10000 gold and not die.
Someone know if Madness Regent 2 will have medals?

What Tom said:

Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 21:14:51

w00t beat Pigs Fly in 3.33 with 4 accidents.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 21:16:01

At 8/23/09 09:14 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: w00t beat Pigs Fly in 3.33 with 4 accidents.

whoa, that's a new record.

hey DigDogy...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-23 21:28:22

At 8/23/09 09:16 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:

hey DigDogy...

scratch that, make it the fastest time WITH accidents.

*facepalm* i'm sorry...

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 03:55:23

I can't wait for the upcoming games! I'm hoping Dad's Game has some really good programming to it.

PSN username - UnreaK745 / PM me for similar sig.

Visit my page, cocksuckah.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 03:57:11

At 8/23/09 09:16 PM, portalwarpedJP wrote:
At 8/23/09 09:14 PM, matt-likes-swords wrote: w00t beat Pigs Fly in 3.33 with 4 accidents.

hey DigDogy...

Since when is 3.33 better than 3.13? Or did I miss something there?

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 04:35:45

You all should compare scores over at http://ng-medals.com/ :)

Dexter Season 5: "Psychopaths in love. It's like Zodiac and Juliet."

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 05:06:36

Could somebody please make a complete list of bestiary, i'm clueless

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 05:11:53

At 8/24/09 04:35 AM, KrevZabijak wrote: You all should compare scores over at http://ng-medals.com/ :)

so... how are you comparing your medals on a website that just shows the maxium score?...

are you sure thats a wise idea seen as some of the medals cant be obtained with out hacking / cant get them legit anymore...

at least it gives you a rough idea of where you are with the maxium total... :3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 05:18:25

At 8/24/09 04:35 AM, KrevZabijak wrote: You all should compare scores over at http://ng-medals.com/ :)

I like that site, but they should put on a better NG style theme.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 05:27:42

At 8/24/09 05:06 AM, Arthuria99 wrote: Could somebody please make a complete list of bestiary, i'm clueless

http://ng-medals.com/medal/533

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 05:41:18

Does the golem come randomly? Like is there a 50/50 chance of it being fire/ice? Or how is it? Please answer.

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 06:37:09

At 8/24/09 05:41 AM, UnreaK745 wrote: Does the golem come randomly? Like is there a 50/50 chance of it being fire/ice? Or how is it? Please answer.

have you played the game?... the gem in the middle of the golem changes colour *its on of his attacks to change*... if its red he is fire golem... if ice... he is ice golem... dont forget to scan his balls... for.. um... yeah... beacuse one is fire *explodes* and one is ice *just attacks you*

also scan the last boss before you kill it... and then again when it gets the cannon and the captian... scan
1 - captain
2 - valk
3 - cannon
4- cooler unit *the one that does smog effects*
5- nuke
6- satalite disk... so he can watch pets do the funnies things.... in HD!

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 06:47:13

At 8/23/09 01:07 PM, EggSaladSandwich wrote: We ask for medal games and we got them! But FML they are killing me inside a little at a time.
Pirate Golf Adventure, not too bad, level 6-8 kinda took a lot of practice

The main problem is that you have to get everything right the first time, at least to get the 100 pointers...but then, that's why they are wirth 100 points :P
Also, l saw the video for the croc mercy but l didn't understand what do you have to do...you have to gently push the bridge or what?

Bomb Diggity has pretty much just bent me over and had its way with me. I Got fabulous start and was hoping that i wasnt too far away from 10 minutes of play and then i got destroyed by the white baddies

That game sucks really bad, the controld are total shit and you slide all the time...l wonder how the hell can people keep UrbanVille safe for 10 minutes...

EBF2 is Incredible! But very challenging!

Not that much, unless you haven't played the first..well, Epic is challenging, yes.

Agreed that Knightfall can suck an ass or two, along with Xtreme 5 min IMO.

Well Xtreme 5 min is not a bad game but l can't get past the second boss...it needs some powerups like extre life, moar firepower etc.

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 08:20:39

Can someone tell me how to get the secret medal on OCD+? The tip on Wyilina's guide made me more confused (Although I found question 50 in the Impossible quiz features the description for the medal...)

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 08:29:12

At 8/24/09 08:20 AM, Powdinet wrote: Can someone tell me how to get the secret meda...

WOAH wait a sec... you want to know about a secret medal!... we do not speak of such things here...

athough a quick search with all the clues will tell you what you need to type instead... ;3

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 08:34:55

At 8/24/09 08:20 AM, Powdinet wrote: Can someone tell me how to get the secret medal on OCD+? The tip on Wyilina's guide made me more confused (Although I found question 50 in the Impossible quiz features the description for the medal...)

You do not follow the series "Lost"? ;-)

BBS Signature

Response to Newgrounds Medals - Games and Tips 2009-08-24 08:42:11

At 8/24/09 08:29 AM, LegolaSS wrote:
At 8/24/09 08:20 AM, Powdinet wrote: Can someone tell me how to get the secret meda...
WOAH wait a sec... you want to know about a secret medal!... we do not speak of such things here...

athough a quick search with all the clues will tell you what you need to type instead... ;3

I just found out how, But I'm too lazy to wait 3 hours just to type a random number sequence.